Thread: Under Obama's America US Citizens getting attacked for Conservative Patriotic Symbols

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Under Obama's America US Citizens getting attacked for Conservative Patriotic Symbols

OKC officer pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle

An Oklahoma City police officer wrongly pulled over a man last week and confiscated an anti-President Barack Obama sign the man had on his vehicle.

The officer misinterpreted the sign as threatening, said Capt. Steve McCool, of the Oklahoma City Police Department, and took the sign, which read "Abort Obama, not the unborn."

Chip Harrison said he was driving to work when a police car followed him for several miles and then signaled for him to pull over.

''I pulled over, knowing I hadn't done anything wrong," Harrison said in a recent phone interview.

When the officer asked Harrison if he knew why he had been pulled over, Harrison said he did not.

''They said, 'It's because of the sign in your window,'" Harrison said.

''It's not meant to be a threat, it's a statement about abortion," Harrison said.
    He said he disagrees with the president's position on abortion.

''I asked the officer, 'Do you know what abort means?'" Harrison said. "He said, 'Yeah, it means to kill.' I said, 'No, it means to remove or terminate.'"
    Harrison said his sign was to be interpreted as saying something like: Remove Obama from office, not unborn babies from the womb.

The officers confiscated Harrison's sign and gave him a slip of paper that stated he was part of an investigation.

Harrison said he later received a call from a person who said he was a lieutenant supervisor for the Internal Investigations Department and wanted to know his location and return his sign to him.

According to Harrison, the supervisor said the Secret Service had been contacted on the matter and had told them the sign was not a threat to the president.

Harrison was asked if he would like to file a complaint. He said he was not sure but would take the paperwork, just in case.
    But his run-in with the law wasn't over yet.

''The Secret Service called and said they were at my house," Harrison said.
    After talking to his attorney, Harrison went home where he met the Secret Service.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."

Harrison said he invited the Secret Service agents into the house and they were "very cordial."

''We walked through the house and my wife and 2-year-old were in the house," Harrison said.

He said they interviewed him for about 30 minutes and then left, not finding any evidence Harrison was a threat to the president.
    ''I'm still in contact with a lawyer right now," Harrison said. "I don't know what I'm going to do."

Harrison said he feels his First Amendment rights were violated.

McCool said the officer who pulled over Harrison misinterpreted the sign.

''We had an officer that his interpretation of the sign was different than what was meant," McCool said. "You've got an officer who had a different thought on what the word 'abort' meant."

McCool said the sign basically meant Obama should be impeached and it was not a threat.

''(The officer) shouldn't have taken the sign," McCool said. "That was (Harrison's) First Amendment right to voice his concern."

McCool said although the sign should not have been confiscated, the situation was made right in the end. ''We always try to do the right thing and in the end we believe we did the right thing by returning the sign," McCool said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Police pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle

Sheesh.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

These folks ain't helping the situation either...

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

''The Secret Service called and said they were at my house," Harrison said.
    After talking to his attorney, Harrison went home where he met the Secret Service.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."
    Well, yeah, because don't you know that anti-abortion people are terrorists in some people's minds.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aplomb View Post
    Well, yeah, because don't you know that anti-abortion people are terrorists in some people's minds.
    Yeah the party of life is no longer in office, we're all going back to becoming enemies of the state.

Rick, that pic is more proof that to many on the Left, Obama is more popular or a substitute for Jesus.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Suspect detained over 'extremist' bumper sticker

A Louisiana driver has been stopped and detained for having a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker on his vehicle and warned by a police officer about the "subversive" message it sent, according to the driver's relative.

The situation developed in the town of Ball, La., where a receptionist at the police department told WND she knew nothing about the traffic stop, during which the "suspect" was investigated for "extremist" activities, the relative said.

It followed by only a few weeks the release of a Department of Homeland Security "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment" report, which prompted outrage from legislators and a campaign calling for the resignation of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano.

The report cites individuals who sport certain bumper stickers on their vehicles as suspect, and it was delivered to tens of thousands of local law enforcement officers across the nation.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Neighbor put up one of these on his flag pole. I'm thinking about it. Wife probably won't allow it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Default The American Flag has become Offensive

Supervisor Removes Employee's "Offensive" American Flag

Staff Writer
    10:42 AM EDT, May 28, 2009

A Texas woman was ordered to take down an American Flag at her desk after a fellow supervisor complained it was offensive.

Debbie McLucas, an employee at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield, hung a three-by-five American flag in the office she shares with other supervisors. When she came to work on Friday, her boss said another supervisor found the flag offensive and she must remove it.

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Vet's Patriotic Stickers Under Fire

Published : Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 10:45 PM CDT
    DALLAS - Frank Larison is a disabled veteran with more than 14 years of service, including more than a year of combat duty in Vietnam.

The 58-year-old former Marine now finds himself under attack by his Dallas homeowners association for displaying seven decals on his vehicle supporting the Marine Corps.

"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," the veteran told FOX 4.

The board says the decals are advertisements that violate HOA rules, and must be covered or removed.

Otherwise, the homeowners association for The Woodlands II on The Creek --- where Larimore has lived for eight years --- says in a letter it will tow the car at Larimore's expense. The board also threatens to fine him $50 for any future incident.

Larimore says the decals, ranging from the Marine emblem to Semper Fi slogans, aren't advertisements for anything. "You can't buy freedom," he reasoned.

Some neighbors are outraged.

"That is his identity," said neighbor Mary Castagna. "He goes to a lot of the veteran meetings, and it means a lot to him. Everyone else agrees with it; it doesn't bother anybody."

"He's in the Marines, and he's proud of it, and I don't blame him," said neighbor Paul Hardy. "If I'd gone through what he's gone through, I'd be kind of proud of it myself."

The letter from the board states you can't have any form of advertisement anywhere on your car on your property. FOX 4 cameras spotted bumper stickers for political parties, health causes, and other non-commercial interests on the property as well.

One board member said he was unaware the HOA presidents sent the letter and did not know of any issue with Larimore's vehicle.

"I will be looking into it," said board member Art Bradford. "I didn't know anything about this. I haven't seen this."

The board president was out of town and unavailable. The condo management company did not want to comment.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Default Re: The American Flag has become Offensive

Mansfield Flag Controversy Draws Worldwide Outrage

Click Here To Watch Our Interview With The Woman At The Center Of The Controversy

Is it okay to show your patriotism at the office?

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."
    McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said that supervisor took down the flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher-ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag," McLucas asked, "whatother freedoms will I lose before all is said and done?"

Kindred Healthcare's corporate headquarters are located in Kentucky. We called them for comment when we were first working on this story Tuesday, but they did not return our calls.

Wednesday morning, however, our story received nationwide attention. We have received hundreds of emails and comments from people who had something to say about it.

Among the supporters was a combat medic in Iraq: Debbie McLucas' daughter, Lillian McLucas Dressig. "My mom is a true hero in my book," she said.

It was midnight in Iraq when she spoke to CBS 11. Talking about the stand her mother took which could have cost her job, Lillian said, "If it's the right thing to do, it's the right thing to do. And, I think we need more people to stand up for what's right in America."

Several dozen people protested outside the Mansfield hospital Wednesday. And a receptionist at Kindred's headquarters told us they received many phone calls.

Then, late Wednesday morning, Kindred posted on its website a statement about the incident. It reads, in part: "The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up."

We talked to McLucas Wednesday afternoon. She says the hospital's local CEO called and apologized. And McLucas says the woman did tell her she could put the flag back up, which she has done.

But she says when she was first told the flag had to go, nobody mentioned anything about its size being the root of the problem.

"At no point was I afforded the opportunity -- [no one said,] 'Hey Deb, could you get a one and a half by three and a half and hang it instead of hanging this three by five?'" McLucas said.

Even so, McLucas says she's happy people have spoken out about the issue. "It's just restored my faith in the American people," she said.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Kindred Hospital to allow Mansfield employee's American flag display

05:39 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

By SCOTT K. PARKS / The Dallas Morning News
    sparks@dallasnews.com
    MANSFIELD – Kindred Hospital and its corporate bosses in Kentucky got a lesson in patriotism Wednesday.

After a thorough roasting in the blogosphere, Kindred officials decided to let hospital supervisor Debbie McLucas put an American flag back on her office wall.

"We have invited the employee (McLucas) to put the flag back up," Kindred said in a brief press release.

McLucas did not return phone calls from The Dallas Morning News on Wednesday but she told her story on KRLD radio’s early-morning talk show. She said her husband spent 24 years in the U.S. Army. One son is an ex-Marine and a second son is an Army veteran. A daughter is a combat medic serving in Iraq.

So, as a patriotic American and with Memorial Day approaching, McLucas decided last week to mount a 3-foot-by-five-foot American flag on the wall of an office she shares with three other supervisors at Kindred Hospital.

McLucas said she got to work on Friday and found the flag had been taken down because another supervisor had complained that the display was offensive. The complaining employee is an African immigrant who has lived in the United States for 14 years, McLucas said.

"The other supervisor took it down unknown to me because I wasn’t at work that day, and it’s when I returned to work last Friday that I was told it was taken down because it was offensive," McLucas said during the interview on KRLD.

The Kindred Hospital press release said the company is working to resolve this "isolated incident between two employees."

Rhonda Williams, hospital administrator, said McLucas was not at work Wednesday but has accepted the offer to remount the flag on the office wall.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

U.S. Flag Found on Floor After Immigrant Complains Employee invited to rehang flag

By FRANK HEINZ
    Updated 12:11 PM CDT, Wed, May 27, 2009
    284 Comments Post a Comment

This will lead many Americans to ask: "What is the world coming to?"
    An Arlington woman has now been invited to rehang her U.S. flag after first being told to remove it following a coworker's complaint.

Debbie McLucas, a hospital supervisor at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield, hung a 3x5-foot U.S. flag in the office she shares with three other supervisors just before Memorial Day.

The timely display of U.S. patriotism was not welcomed by one of McLucas' office mates and she was told it had to come down, CBS 11 reported.
    The coworker, who emigrated from Africa 14 years ago, was apparently so bothered by the display that a complaint was filed with upper management. When McLucas, whose daughter is serving in Iraq as a combat medic, was told of the "infraction," she was stunned.

McLucas said her supervisor removed the flag for her and placed it on the floor -- an egregious breach of flag etiquette, aside from being an offensive gesture to most Americans. McLucas was then told that the flag flying outside of the building would have to satisfy her patriotic needs.

Susan Moss, vice president with Kindred Healthcare, said in a statement Wednesday that the issue was with the size of the flag and not what it symbolized.

"We have invited the employee to put the flag back up. We share their love of country and we appreciate the service of their family members as well as all members of the armed forces," Moss said. "This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably."

According to Moss, both employees have family members who have served in the military.

Kindred had been ranked first in Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies "Health Care: Medical Facilities" category.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Default Re: Americans Getting Harassed for Conservative and Patriotic Symbols

he coworker, who emigrated from Africa 14 years ago, was apparently so bothered by the display that a complaint was filed with upper management
    I'm offended that someone comes to this country leaving behind a rat infested, corrupt cesspool where people crap in open pits and is offended at the symbol that has given them a better life. Go BACK you ungrateful piece of dog shit.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

According to comments I read on a blog, the person removing the flag is Olubunmi F. Ayeni-Agbelese, an immigrant that has refused to learn or speak proper English. She lives at 5327 River Lake Way ,Grand Prairie Texas 75052, and has been in America 14 years. How does someone who refuses to be bothered with learning the language of the country she has prospered in ever become a supervisor in a hospital? All patriotic employees there should make a point of not being able to understand her, insist upon something resembling fluency from someone in such a position, or let her seek a translator at the unemployment office. Or better yet, send her home!

Thanks

Traffic stop raises gun rights question, Mayor responds

Posted: July 6, 2009 07:53 PM
    Updated: July 6, 2009 07:58 PM

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - It's another potential knock on the reputation of "The Next Great City of the South."

An online campaign is underway, claiming that when you come to Shreveport, your "rights will be suspended." It all started with a traffic stop on a Friday night a month ago. Even though Robert Baillio was never cited, and his gun was never confiscated, his story and a secretly recorded telephone conversation with Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover has been burning up the blogosphere.

Here is an excerpt of what happened in Baillio's own words, as posted on Conservative.Drink.com:
    "Right after I stopped, I got out of my truck and walked toward the tailgate.

I kept my hands where he could see them and I stopped right there by the back bumper. Right there I was directly in his headlights, and I wanted to be sure he could see that I wasn't carrying any kind of weapon, and I didn't pose any type of threat to him.

Well he got out of his vehicle and walked toward me.

He stopped a little short of what I'd consider conversation distance, and he looked at me and said, "Do you have any firearms in your vehicle?"
    I didn't really expect him to ask me that. And I didn't know why he asked, but I answered and said "Yes"

He asked where they were. And I really didn't understand why he was asking me these questions. But I told him the truth, and I said "My pistol is between the drivers seat and the console.

He instantly turned and walked to the drivers side door, opened it, and removed my pistol. I stayed at the back of the truck. He approached me, held my HK 45 Compact up, and dropped the magazine. He then asked if there was a shell in the chamber, and I said, "Yes sir, there is." He ejected it onto the ground, locked the slide back, and walked back to his patrol unit and got in it.

After the stop was completed, and my gun was was returned, I thought about the events that had happened.

I called the mayor of Shreveport, on Monday June 8th. Late in the day he finally called me back. I told him that I was very uncomfortable standing on a busy street without my hand gun, and I did not believe the officer had any reason, or right to remove it from my vehicle.

He told me that during a traffic stop "My rights were suspended." At first I couldn't believe he said that. Then, I thought "no one is going to believe me when I tell them he said that" so I turned on my digital recorder and recorded the rest of our conversation."

Here is the transcript of where that recording (posted in it's entirety on the blog site) picks up:
    Mayor Cedric Glover: It's something that no police officer no police division anywhere within this country would defend or support or allow.

Robert Baillio: Now..you lost me there for a second. Uh when I said "are you still there"..you..I'm not sure what you are saying..Uh Mayor Glover.
    Mayor Cedric Glover: You are not sure of what I'm saying?

Robert Baillio: Well...I don't know if my phone broke up or what but you're saying that..as a citizen...when I am stopped by a police officer I don't have any rights? Mayor Cedric Glover: Your rights at that point, Mr. Baillio, have been suspended.

It's a choice of words that Mayor Glover tells KSLA News 12 he does not regret. "I'm perfectly comfortable with the conversation and what I said and and how I said it."

And Shreveport City Attorney Ed Jones says the Mayor wasn't wrong. "I don't think the law ever mentions a 'suspension of rights,' like the mayor said, but what the mayor said was correct, they are suspended at that point. his right to travel down the road he was on certainly had been suspended."

Baillio claims he was profiled because of the stickers on the back of his truck window. One says, "Armed We Are Citizens, Un-Armed We Are Subject!" Another says, "Celebrate Diversity," depicting an array of ammunition.

"They may have played a role," agrees Jones, "but certainly if you have 'This vehicle protected by Smith & Wesson' it's legitimate question: 'Do you have a weapon in the vehicle?'

"Well I answered that question honestly and he...disarmed me," says Baillio in the recorded telephone conversation, to which Glover replies, "Which would be appropriate and proper action, sir."

While Baillio and his supporters clearly feel that this it was inappropriate, Jones says the law does in fact allow an officer to ask for, frisk and even search for weapons within that person's reach in the course of a traffic stop, if he has reason to believe a crime has been or is about to be committed. But this it's not the only instance in which you may not be allowed to exercise your 2nd Amendment right. In fact, there are several instances where your right to bear arms is suspended even if you possess the firearm legally have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, like in an airplane, at a school, and in any federal or municipal building.

While having his words used against him is one thing, Mayor Glover says he is more concerned about the negativity the whole thing is drawing toward the city's officers. "I'm a big boy, so I'm accustomed to bring attacked from all sides, the right, the left, front and back. I think the thing that worries me the most and should worry and concern our citizens are the statements that have been made concerning our police officers, because all of this is about officer safety."

©2009 KSLA-TV. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Shreveport Citizens Disarmed By Police For 2nd Amendment Bumper Stickers

[IMG]http://www.********.com/images/glover.jpg[/IMG]

Welcome to Shreveport: Your rights are now suspended. According to Cedric Glover, mayor of Shreveport, Louisiana, his cops “have a power that [. . .] the President of these Unites States does not have”: His cops can take away your rights.

And would you like to guess which rights he has in mind?

Just ask Shreveport resident Robert Baillio, who got pulled over for having two pro-gun bumper stickers on the back of his truck — and had his gun confiscated.

While the officer who pulled him over says Baillio failed to use his turn signal, the only questions he had for Baillio concerned guns: Whether he had a gun, where the gun was, and if he was a member of the NRA. No requests for a driver’s licence, proof of insurance, or vehicle registration — and no discussion of a turn signal.

Accordingly, Baillio told the officer the truth, which led the police officer to search his car without permission and confiscate his gun.

However, not only does Louisiana law allow resident to drive with loaded weapons in their vehicles, but Mr. Baillio possessed a concealed carry license!

What does such behavior demonstrate, other than transparent political profiling — going so far as to use the infamous Department of Homeland Security report on “Americans of a rightwing persuasion” as a how-to guidebook, no less?

Mr. Baillio made no secret of his political affiliations: An American flag centers a wide flourish of pro-freedom stickers and decals on his back windshield.

In fact, when Baillio asked the officer if everyone he pulls over gets the same treatment, the officer said no and pointed to the back of his truck.

Baillio phoned Mayor Glover to complain about this “suspension of rights” only to find that his city’s morbidly obese “commander in chief” was elated at the story: According to Glover, Baillio got “served well, protected well, and even got a consideration that maybe [he] should not have gotten.”

Thankfully, Mr. Baillio recorded a good bit of that phone call. You can watch a video with the transcriptions here. I’ve reproduced a chunk of the call below:

Baillio: (in the context of being asked about the presence of a gun) Well, I answered that question honestly, and he disarmed me.

Glover: Which would be an appropriate and proper action, sir. The fact that you gave the correct answer — it simply means that you did what it is you were supposed to have done, and that is to give that weapon to the police officer so he could appropriately place it in a place where it would not be a threat to you, to him, or to anyone in the general public.

[. . .]
    Glover: My direction to you is that, had you chosen not to properly identify the fact that you had a weapon and directed that officer to where that weapon was located; had you been taken from the vehicle, and the officer, in the interest of his safety, chose to secure you in a safe position, and then looked, found, and determined that you did, in fact, have a weapon…then, sir, you would have faced additional, [inaudible], and more severe criminal sanctions.

Baillio: So what you’re saying is: I give up all my rights to keep and bear arms if I’m stopped by the police: Is that correct?

Glover: Sir, you have no right, when you have been pulled over by a police officer for a potential criminal offense [which would be what?! - DB] to stand there with your weapon at your side in your hand [Baillio's weapon was nowhere near his side or his hand, and Glover knew that. -- DB] because of your second amendment rights, sir. That does not mean at that point your second amendment right has been taken away; it means at that particular point in time, it has been suspended.

———————————————— —————————————-

Will Grigg from ProLibertate, an excellent freedom blog, has this to say:

According to Glover, a police officer may properly disarm any civilian at any time, and the civilian’s duty is to surrender his gun — willingly, readily, cheerfully, without cavil or question.

From Glover’s perspective, it is only when firearms are in the hands of people other than the state’s uniformed enforcers/oppressors that they constitute a threat, not only to the public and those in charge of exercising official violence but also to the private gun owner himself.

NAGR spoke with Mr. Baillio, and he told us that he’s in the process of securing the official procedures and codes for firearm handling and private property confiscation for the Shreveport police department.

So far, the city has been half-heartedly cooperating with him.

“I felt sick,” Baillio told NAGR. “My uncles didn’t die for this country so I could surrender my rights like a wimp. I felt terrible. I was just thinking of all that my family has done for freedom in this nation — including dying — and here they are disarming me at a traffic stop.”

What to do?

1. Read Luke’s commentary here, and participate in the discussion by leaving a comment.
    2. Send this around. This kind of behavior cannot go unchecked.
    3. Call Mayor Glover’s office to complain: (318 673-5050.

I’ll leave you with one last consideration. As a licensed firearms instructor in charge of a hundred different students every month, I’m often asked if citizens should voluntarily inform police officers of the presence of a firearm during a routine traffic stop.

While different states have different laws, my answer for Colorado citizens is an emphatic “No”: Colorado law doesn’t require you to volunteer that kind of information, and this case in Louisiana proves why, if at all possible, you should never invite trouble by doing so.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Here is the thread I was looking for... Bump.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information