Thread: Bsg

Thanks

Default Bsg

Alright, Lost and 24 have been started already, so I will throw my hat in the ring-who watches Battlestar Galactica?

Nick
    Peace through superior firepower

Thanks

Default Re: Bsg

I used to watch it quite a bit. Now I have cable and mega channels and yet I never watch much of anything at all, except a war movie every month or so. But I do remember Battlestar Galactica being interesting, having some action, and the guys were pretty. lol

What do you like about it, Nick?

Thanks

Dude, I was gonna start this one but couldnt find the time. After Lost, this is my second favorite show on tv. The SFX are astounding for a tv show and the writing isnt half bad either, some very interesting characters. I like how some of the cylons are human form and the way they interact with real humans. Ever notice how the cylons say God while the humans worship Gods, I find this dynamic very interesting

The old BSG was cool but the new one is even cooler. Nothing like sitting home on Friday night for some good ol' SciFi.

Thanks

This one gets DVR'd by me every week. It is very well written, and the writers seem to like taking us all down a very squiggly path.

While there are a number of characters that I really enjoy (Starbuck will now always be female in my head ), I'm very intrigued by the President. She is an interesting mix of someone who trends toward the
    compassionate
    /liberal, but then can be very steely, pragmatic, and end-goal focused when it is needed -- a very good, very realistic human mix.

The "Old Man" rocks.

The VP character eeks me out a big though ...

-Bryk

Thanks

This one, in my opinion, is one of if not the best written shows on television currently. The social dynamics are real, not contrived, the characters have foibles, but is not overdone like the current Hollyweird antihero fad. The effects are well done and VERY well concieved (ie:two battlestars broadsiding two basestars, no sound despite obviously huge expendatures of energy, vipers that every maneuver is accompanied by reaction thruster spurts).
    Nah, don't like this one...haha.

Nick
    Peace through superior firepower

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NickM
    The effects are well done and VERY well concieved (ie:two battlestars broadsiding two basestars, no sound despite obviously huge expendatures of energy, vipers that every maneuver is accompanied by reaction thruster spurts).
    I really like how they show the space battles, especially the movement of the Vipers. There's usually too much going on at the same time to figure it all out in one glance, but that sure gives a nice feeling of tension and chaos.

-Bryk

Thanks

I finally got around to watching this past Friday's episode last night (DVR's are great!! ) ... and I was a bit confused and disappointed by a couple of things.

However, before I get into details, I should throw up a ...

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

1> I realize that Lee Adama is trained as a pilot and not as a marine, but didn't it seem like he made the worst possible choice when deciding to leave the bathroom with the still-conscious bad guy and return to the main room? I would think he should've incapacitated Mr. Unlucky who came to look for him, then hope/create more opportunities to separate and reduce the number of remaining baddies. (Perhaps this is what I get for watching 24 on occassion ... all TV heroes must act like Jack!)

2> Starbuck made a terrible choice as well in trying to play the role of the maintenance worker. I would assume that the one-time top gun of the fleet would be rather recognizable within a tightly-held community of less than 50,000 people. Again, she wasn't trained as a marine, and had a number of marines available. Perhaps the actual maintenance worker could have been sent in with a camera of some sort to do the recon. But having her decide to "go cowboy" at this particular time seemed even out-of-character for the biggest "cowboy" on the show.

3> Trying to pass off the long-dead Sharon as a freshly-killed Sharon seemed dumb as well. They had to know that handing off the fully-autopsied rather-old corpse to the baddies would only buy them perhaps a minute.

A few other notes:

> Dana Delany is still (for lack of a better word) yummy ... even when playing the embittered-widow-turned-terrorist.

> Never cared much for Billy. So, meh.

-Bryk

Thanks

Dont know if anyone heard but the last season is in the works. I believe it premieres in Jan 08. The actors Ive seen interviewed say it will be the best season ever with a lot of suprises. The promise to wrap the show up in a nice neat little package.

Thanks

I'll be DVR'ing and watching each episode! I figured after that thing that happened with Starbuck this past season, the road was starting to get short.

-Bryk

Thread Information