Thread: Text Message SCAM Alerts

Thanks

Default Text Message SCAM Alerts

This one is for Colorado mostly it appears...

Last evening my wife and I apparently both received text messages telling us our “Visa card” was locked. The message EXACTLY as follows (I haven’t verified my wife's text messages yet, but will get her to check later):

Air Academy Federal Credit Union : VISA CARD LOCKED.CALL TOLL-FREE 866 359 0424 5:57P MonMar23

A second, identical message appears at 6:05

Checking the internet I discovered that many people are getting this so I went to contact AAFCU and on their web site found the folloing information:

Please Read - Phone, Text, and Email Scams

In attempts to retrieve card numbers (credit, ATM, debit), AAFCU members and non-members are being contacted through an automated system through text messages, cell phones, land lines, and emails by an unknown party. These calls, texts, and emails are fraudulent. Do not respond to any of these calls or emails or give out any personal information. AAFCU will never ask you for account information or other personal identifying information in communication which you did not originate. Please contact us if you have given out any personal account information. We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and apologize for the wait you may experience.

================================================== ========
    So beware... do not respond to the phone number (I did try to call and got a voice messaging machine) - and especially NEVER give out ANY INFORMATION to ANYONE regarding your personal history, finances, credit card numbers.

If you are getting text messages, IGNORE THEM!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Text Message SCAM Alerts

In Missouri you can add your cell phone to the no call list along with your land line. It seems some credit card companies have found a loophole by using automated dialers to make the intial contact, but you can request to be taken off their call list. The Missouri Attorney Generals office handles this problem. I am not sure if Colorado has such a thing.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thread Information