Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The End of Christian America

Thanks

Default Re: The End of Christian America

Louisiana governor defends 'Duck Dynasty' star

By Carrie Dann, NBC News

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal jumped to the defense of Phil Robertson, the star of the A&E megahit “Duck Dynasty” who was indefinitely suspended from the program Wednesday after making graphic statements about homosexuality.

In a statement, Jindal praised Robertson and his family as “great citizens” of his home state, where the lucrative show is filmed, and he slammed the “politically correct crowd” for criticizing his comments.

“I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive,” Jindal said. “But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

At first glance, the Indian-American convert to Roman Catholicism with a national political profile and the crossbow-wielding, bearded patriarch of a television show about a duck-hunting call business wouldn’t seem to be completely natural allies.

But some conservative Christians are arguing that Robertson, a self-described “Bible-thumper,” was singled out for expressing a religious belief that homosexuality is wrong.

Asked in an interview with GQ what he believes in [sic] sinful, Robertson replied “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

Robertson also described the mechanics of homosexuality in explicit terms, saying that a woman’s anatomy is “more desirable” than a man’s.

“I'm just thinking: There's more there!” the reality star said. “She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

A&E Networks said in a statement that Robertson’s “personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

GLAAD, a top advocacy organization for the LGBT community, called the comments “vile and extreme” and said Robertson’s statements are “ littered with outdated stereotypes and blatant misinformation.”

Jindal was not the only prominent GOP political figure to weigh in on the controversy.

Former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin expressed her support for Robertson in a Facebook post.

“Free speech is an endangered species. Those “intolerants” hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” she said.

And Texas Sen. Ted Cruz posted on his Facebook page that Americans should be "deeply dismayed" about Robertson's treatment.

"Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job," he said. "In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree."

Thanks

Group starts petition demanding A&E reinstate Phil Robertson on 'Duck Dynasty'

FoxNews.com

Fans of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson are being invited to sign a petition addressed to A&E demanding the network reinstate the duck call maker on its hit show.

“Mr. Robertson’s comments in GQ Magazine are simply reflective of a Biblical view of sexuality, marriage, and family – a view that has stood the test of time for thousands of years and continues to be held by the majority of Americans and today’s world as a whole,” the petition by Faith Driven Consumer reads. “Many members of the LGBT community may not agree with this view, but the notion that a free-thinking American should be discriminated against simply for expressing a perspective that is in conflict with another is patently un-American and flies in the face of true tolerance and civility.”

The petition, published on the website IStandWithPhil.com, had almost 2,400 signatures when this story was published.

Sarah Palin and Lousiana Gov. Bobby Jindal are also among those who have expressed similar outrage since Robertson was canned for his remarks to GQ magazine critical of homosexuality.

The gay rights group GLAAD and many others have praised A&E for its quick action in indefinitely suspending Robertson for his remarks.

Thanks

'Duck Dynasty' fans rally behind Phil Robertson

Dec. 19, 2013 11:32 AM |
    Comments

• A
    • A

A fan taped this note to the door of the Duck Commander retail store in West Monroe, La., late Wednesday night or Thursday morning. / Greg Hilburn / The News-Star

Written by

Greg Hilburn

MONROE, La. -- Fans of Phil Robertson are rallying behind the “Duck Dynasty” who has been suspended by A&E after the Duck Commander’s anti-gay comments in GQ magazine.
    One left a hand-written note late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning taped to the door of the Duck Commander retail store on Kings Lane in West Monroe that read: “Phil, VERY proud of you!! NEVER GIVE UP!! An Arkansas fan.”
    Bruce Dufour of Indianapolis, Ind., stopped at the Duck Commander store while visiting family in Louisiana.
    Dufour said he was a teammate of Robertson’s at Louisiana Tech University, but had never visited the store before or talked to Phil since the Duck Commander became famous.
    “Shame on A&E,” said Dufour, who bought a T-shirt at the store. “The network is known for controversy and reality and Phil deserves his opportunity to speak where A&E agrees with him or not. He is a smart man and entitled to his opinion. I’m proud of him and his whole family.”
    Sherry Jones of Atlanta, Ga., also stopped to shop at the store one her way to Dallas to visit family for the holidays.
    “It’s an attack on conservative Christian values and beliefs,” Jones said. “I think he should should be praised for speaking honestly and representing his values.”

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard Glenn Beck saying that if A&E canned the show, his Blaze network would be more than happy to welcome him. I bet!

To be honest, I've only seen a handful of shows. Pretty much only when I've been with one of my younger brothers and they've had it on. It seemed entertaining enough but I just don't have time for it in my packed TV schedule which I have to fit into my limited free time.

I have a feeling that the outpouring of support will be comparable to Chick-Fil-A.

Just a shame we can't translate support for things like Duck Dynasty and Chick-Fil-A into votes. Then we might not be hosed.

Thanks

There's some TV predictions today (notably from John Scott on FNC)... he's predicting that the whole family will "walk" after this, if they don't let Phil back on the show.

Thanks

A&E made an epic PR failure move. The Robinson family could care less, the family business is well established and the show was just a very small slice of the pie. It was marketing. Some other media will gladly pick them up. The Robinson family will probably loose tens of dollars over this while A&E loses it's best show in the history of the channel. It's a pretty lopsided divorce if it happens.

Thanks

Rush has been talking about that very thing, about the show being icing on their cake.

A caller had mentioned that at one point A&E wanted them to drop the mention of Jesus from their prayers and they threatened to walk over that. A&E, of course, caved.

Will be interesting to see what the fallout is. Would be hilarious if they went to Blaze.

Thanks

Yep. A&E screwed themselves.

The thing about all this... 1st Amendment rights are being violated, not by a government, but by a media outlet. If ONLY they would step back and realize that what they have done is an affront to every American, whether they are "bible thumpers" or "gay" or "black", "white" or Conservatives or Liberals and understand that freedom of speech goes both ways.

Thanks

News/

Duck Dynasty Cast Named The Hollywood Reporter's Rule Breakers of 2013 Amid GQ Controversy

by Zach Johnson Today 10:49 AM PST

Hollywood Reporter

How's this for timing! The same day Phil Robertson was put on an "indefinite hiatus" in light of the controversial comments he made in the January 2014 issue of GQ, the men of Duck Dynasty were named among The Hollywood Reporter's favorite Rule Breakers of 2013. In fact, series star Willie Robertson even landed the cover of the trade magazine's Dec. 27—Jan. 3 double issue.

Willie, 41, isn't all that surprised that Duck Dynasty has become the No. 1 unscripted show on television. "It's a combination of the faith, the positive and the family aspect...and it's funny," he offers. Jase Robertson, 44, adds, "We're just kind of doing what we do, and people identify with that."
    Jep Robertson, 35, jokes that "it doesn't hurt that our wives are, like, super, super pretty."

All jokes aside, the Robertsons are proud to share their lives—and their strong Christian values—with an average of 9 million viewers per week. While knockoffs are inevitable, the family isn't worried.

"If they try to emulate [the positive nature and the faith base], I think that's good," says Willie, with Jase echoing, "If everyone wants to do good, clean television, I think that's what we need."

In a behind-the-scenes video from the cast's photo shoot, Willie explains why Duck Dynasty is unlike any other reality show on television. "I thought when you became a celebrity there were no rules. I think we've broke about every rule in television. This is not the way you would normally look and dress, for sure. I break a lot of dress rules," the duck hunter admits. "Shockingly enough, I was the only guy with a bandana at the White House Correspondent's Dinner."

Other rule breakers profiled in the issue include actors Matthew McConaughey, Shailene Woodley, Bryan Cranston, Lupita Nyong'o and Miles Teller; movie directors Alfonso Cuarón, Ryan Coogler and Lee Daniels; and TV producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, among others.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

'Duck Dynasty' family releases statement

Dec. 19, 2013, 10:06 PM EST
    By Tim Kenneally
    TheWrap

© A&E / Phil Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty'

The Robertson family of "Duck Dynasty" fame has spoken out about the indefinite suspension of family patriarch Phil Robertson, who was pulled from the A&E reality show on Wednesday after making anti-gay comments in a GQ interview.

Also on TheWrap: 'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson: What Are His Legal Options?
    In the statement, posted on the Duck Commander website, the family says that it "cannot imagine" going forward with the show if Phil isn't aboard, and that it's "in discussions" with A&E to determine what his suspension means for the future of the show.

In the statement, the family asserted that Phil "would never incite or encourage hate" and that they were "disappointed" in the suspension.

Also on TheWrap: 'Duck Dynasty' Fallout: GLAAD Reeling From Biggest Backlash in Years, Says Rep
    They also said that Phil's expression of his faith is his "constitutionally protected right."

Read the full statement below.

"We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word.

While some of Phil's unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm.

We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.' Again, thank you for your continued support of our family."

http://duckcommander.com/news/robert...ical-statement

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Here it comes...

DECEMBER 19, 2013 11:13PM
    No queer duck for the American Taliban!

“Duck Dynasty” “patriarch” Phil Robertson looks a bit like Osama bin Laden to me, which isn’t that shocking, I guess, given that you could call him and his ilk the American Taliban — “Christo”fascists instead of “Islamofascists.”

FLASHBACK:
    Flashback: HBO Newsroom’s Sanctimonious Tea Party as the Taliban Rant

By Brent Baker | July 14, 2013 | 18:55

HBO’s The Newsroom debuts its second season tonight (Sunday) at 10 PM EDT/PDT. The preachy and sanctimonious left-wing dialogue from creator/writer Aaron Sorkin often came across as unintentional near-parody of MSNBC’s old Countdown with Keith Olbermann, none more so than in the self-righteous commentary delivered by anchor “Will McAvoy,” played by Jeff Daniels, in the first season finale.

“McAvoy” went on a diatribe about the evils of the Tea Party, a particularly alien from reality plot line given what we’ve learned since that Tea Party groups were victims of government abuse by the IRS.

In the episode first run back on Sunday, August 26, 2012, “McAvoy” keys of supposed Tea Party efforts to deny the vote to an elderly black woman. After a list of Tea Party evils, including “denying science,” “unmoved by facts,” “a need to control women’s bodies,” “severe xenophobia” and “intolerance of dissent,” he wraps up with this Olbermann-inspired denunciation:

'Newsroom' Finale Dubs Tea Party 'American Taliban'

by Christian Toto 27 Aug 2012 597 post a comment

"The Newsroom's" idea of a Republican is a man gleefully describing the Tea Party movement as the "American Taliban."

That sums up HBO's far-left series, which unleashed its final new episode of the year last night.
    In the installment, anchor Will McAvoy (Jeff Daniels) tears into the Tea Party movement with a ferocity that would make even Chris "Race Card Dealer" Matthews blush.

McAvoy, labeled a Republican by show creator Aaron Sorkin, certainly doesn't even resemble a RINO nibbling on liberal talking points.

Ideological purity, compromise as weakness, a fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism, denying science, unmoved by facts, undeterred by new information, a hostile fear of progress, a demonization of education, a need to control women’s bodies, severe xenophobia, tribal mentality, intolerance of dissent and a pathological hatred of the U.S. government.
    […]
    They can call themselves the Tea Party. They can call themselves conservatives and they can even call themselves Republicans, though Republicans certainly shouldn’t. But we should call them what they are. The American Taliban.”

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

PETA: Ignore Sarah Palin's Defense, Cancel Duck Dynasty

by Tony Lee 19 Dec 2013, 5:48 PM PDT 0 post a comment

On Thursday, PETA called for the cancellation of Duck Dynasty, one of the most highly-rated shows ever, a day after A&E suspended patriarch Phil Robertson for comments that were deemed to be "anti-gay."

PETA, which has a history of slamming the show's cast members for hunting, accused the Duck Dynasty cast of "hating people and animals" and called on A&E to ignore former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's Facebook post that said Robertson's suspension was an attack on "all of us" because "free speech is an endangered species."

"PETA wants A&E to do more than suspend one of the characters on Duck Dynasty for damning gays. We call on the channel to challenge the entire crew of duck slayers to ignore Sarah Palin’s self-serving slap on the back for spewing hate speech and deny that they are as anti-gay as they are anti-animal," the organization said in a statement. "All people who consider themselves followers of Christ should follow all His teachings—and that includes showing mercy, compassion, and kindness to all of God’s creation, human and nonhuman alike. What’s ‘sinful’ is hating people and animals. PETA asks everyone who consider themselves to be Christian to reject hate speech and call for this show’s cancellation."

Palin emphasized shortly after Robertson's suspension was announced that the "intolerants" targeting Robertson were attacking all Americans who value free speech.
    "Free speech is an endangered species," Palin said on Wednesday. "Those 'intolerants' hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us."

Breitbart News Editor-at-Large John Nolte has emphasized that Robertson was explicitly "talking about homosexual sexual behavior, not homosexuals as human beings. That is all the difference in the world."

"It is quite obvious that Robertson is only guilty of being anti-sin, not anti-gay," Nolte wrote on Breitbart.com. "You might disagree with Robertson, and you might not like what he or the Christian Bible have to say, but Robertson was as anti-gay as he was anti-heterosexual, and that is the very opposite of bigotry." Robertson's "controversial" comments, as recorded by GQ were:

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Robertson then paraphrased Corinthians from the Bible: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

And if that wasn’t explicit enough, the “Duck Commander” added: “It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

"We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word.

While some of Phil's unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm.

We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.' Again, thank you for your continued support of our family."
    The family has class. More class than the tripe spilling from MSM.

Thanks

So MSNBC approves scripts for their commentators to say they wish someone would defecate in Sarah Palins mouth.

But let Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty say he prefers women over men and all hell breaks loose.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star for anti-gay remarks: 'It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended'
    - @BobbyJindal

Despicable: MSNBC's Bashir Wishes Sarah Palin Would Be Defecated, Urinated On

By Noel Sheppard | November 15, 2013 | 17:47

MSNBC’s Martin Bashir on Friday closed his show with likely the most disgraceful rant against former Alaska governor Sarah Palin you’ve ever heard.

Besides calling her “America’s resident dunce” and claiming she has a “deceased mind,” Bashir suggested that someone should defecate in her mouth and urinate in her eyes (video follows with transcript and commentary, vulgarity warning):

MARTIN BASHIR: It's time now to clear the air. And we end this week in the way it began - with America’s resident dunce, Sarah Palin, scraping the barrel of her long deceased mind, and using her all-time favorite analogy in an attempt to sound intelligent about the national debt.
    (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SARAH PALIN: Our free stuff today is being paid for by taking money from our children, and borrowing from China. When that note comes due - and this isn't racist, so try it. Try it anyway. This isn't racist. But it's going to be like slavery when that note is due.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BASHIR: It’lll be like slavery. Given her well-established reputation as a world class idiot, it's hardly surprising that she should choose to mention slavery in a way that is abominable to anyone who knows anything about its barbaric history. So here's an example.

One of the most comprehensive first-person accounts of slavery comes from the personal diary of a man called Thomas Thistlewood, who kept copious notes for 39 years. Thistlewood was the son of a tenant farmer who arrived on the island of Jamaica in April 1750, and assumed the position of overseer at a major plantation. What is most shocking about Thistlewood's diary is not simply the fact that he assumes the right to own and possess other human beings, but is the sheer cruelty and brutality of his regime.

In 1756, he records that “A slave named Darby catched eating canes; had him well flogged and pickled, then made Hector, another slave, s-h-i-t in his mouth.” This became known as Darby’s dose, a punishment invented by Thistlewood that spoke only of the slave owners savagery and inhumanity.

And he mentions a similar incident again in 1756, this time in relation to a man he refers to as Punch. “Flogged Punch well, and then washed and rubbed salt pickle, lime juice and bird pepper; made Negro Joe piss in his eyes and mouth.” I could go on, but you get the point.

When Mrs. Palin invoked slavery, she doesn’t just prove her rank ignorance. She confirms that if anyone truly qualified for a dose of discipline from Thomas Thistlewood, then she would be the outstanding candidate.
    Readers are reminded that this isn't Bill Maher or some libtalker like Mike Malloy.

This is a host for a so-called cable news network saying these astonishingly vile things about a former governor and former vice presidential candidate.
    Is there no limit to what people are allowed to say about conservatives on this disgrace of a network?
    My goodness!

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star for anti-gay remarks: 'It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended' - @BobbyJindal

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

This has become rather hilarious and stupid.

I stand by the Duck Dynasty family. I will stand next to them with guns when the time comes.

What a bunch of fucking intolerant assholes on the left.

Thanks

School Omits 'Christ' from 'Silent Night,' Upsetting Parents
    By Beth Greenfield, Shine Staff | Parenting – 4 hours ago

Email
    Share1488
    Print

Christ has officially been removed from Christmas. At least that was the case at one middle school on Long Island, New York, where its holiday-concert chorus sang a version of "Silent Night" that had all references to "the savior" and "holy infant" removed by school administrators. But the effort to avoid alienating people seems to have backfired.

More on Yahoo Shine: 'Dear Santa': Adorable Christmas Requests From Kids, 1900s-Now

"It's offensive," one father of a student at the Ralph J. Osgood Intermediate School in Kings Park told CBS New York. "If you're going to remove words to not offend other religions, what about the religion that that song belongs to, which is Christianity?"

The fifth-grade students sang the edited classic — which mixed and matched verses in a way that left out the most religious references — at the concert, on Dec. 12. But that upset some parents, who felt the song was sacred and should have instead been left intact or instead been performed as an instrumental or kept out of the concert altogether. Some spoke out about it at a Tuesday board of education meeting.

More on Yahoo: Fox News Host Megyn Kelly Stands By 'Santa is White' Comments, Calls Critics 'Humorless'

"'Silent Night' at its core is a religious song. It's a sacred, religious hymn that tells the story of Jesus's birth," father Kevin McDonald said at the meeting, as reported by the Kings Park Patch. Cobbling together lyrics to water that down, he said, "should have been off-limits." In the comments section of the Patch story, he added, "there were many other songs that could have been performed, and there really was no reason to torture the integrity and meaning of 'Silent Night,' a sacred, simple, and timeless Christian hymn."

At the meeting, administrators were quick to say they were sorry to anyone they offended. "I apologize for that — it's the last thing anybody intended. Going forward, it's not going to happen again. They will be more cautious and cognizant of this particular issue when they select a song," Superintendent Susan Agruso noted at the meeting. "They meant nothing wrong. Clearly, we could have done something different, and in the future we will."

A statement on the school district's website also acknowledges the situation:

"The Board of Education sincerely apologizes to our community members who were offended by the change of lyrics to the song Silent Night and we share in your sentiment. This action was not approved by the Board of Education or district administration, nor is it their role to approve the songs chosen for our concerts. We are aware that no disrespect was intended on the part of any staff member. We will be taking steps to be certain this never happens again. As a Board of Education, we have taken offense to this action and again offer our sincerest apologies."

The idea of Christmas carols being sung in schools — similar to that of manger scenes being displayed on public property — has come under more and more scrutiny by religiously diverse communities. In 2009, a U.S. appeals court upheld a New Jersey district's ban on religious music after an angry father challenged the ruling. This year, a South Carolina public charter school banned Christmas carols, with or without lyrics, from its concerts, while a Bordentown, NJ, school banned three overtly religious carols. But Bordentown, New Jersey, reversed its decision after receiving a letter from the Alliance Defending Freedom, a Christian legal organization, urging officials to reconsider.

"We get an enormous amount of complaints from parents around religious music, especially around holiday time," noted Liz Cavell, staff attorney with the non-profit Freedom From Religion Foundation, which "promotes the constitutional principle of separation of church and state." She told Yahoo Shine that Christmas carols, in particular, are "a common source of angst in public schools" but that the issue is a legally complex one.

While fights over public manger scenes are also complicated, she explained, "public school property is not like a public square or public sidewalk, as children are young, impressionable and mandated by law to be there. So generally, I think courts are much more protective when it comes to what constitutes an endorsement of religion." That said, Cavell added, "Music is a different area of law because of the objective nature of art. And there is a canon of sacred music out there that's academically valuable."

Still, the foundation's position is that public schools should aim to choose secular holiday songs (think "Jingle Bell Rock" versus "O Come, All Ye Faithful"), since "there doesn't seem to be a dearth of secular music out there." That way, she notes, "nobody's excluded, nobody's offended, and nobody's songs need to be edited."

Related:
    The Top 20 Most Downloaded Christmas Songs
    Unique Gifts for Kids
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Thanks

Interesting...

'Duck Dynasty' Sponsor -- We Stand Behind Phil

December 19, 2013

If "Duck Dynasty" network A&E feared advertisers would scatter like waterfowl after a shotgun blast because of Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments ... it's not happening.

A company called Skyjacker -- which builds truck suspensions -- tells us it stands solidly behind Phil and the show ... saying it's a matter of God and country -- it's a free country and Phil has a right to his opinions.

Company brass tells us it goes beyond the Constitution ... to the Creator: "We are a Christian- based company and actively share our faith so standing with Phil Robertson is an easy choice for us."

Robertson opened up a can of worms when he said homosexuality and bestiality were the same sin ... his church seems to back Phil up on that.

Officials at White's Ferry Road Church just told us, "We love him and support him."

Guess when I get a Suburban, it will be lifted with a Skyjacker lift kit!

Thanks

EXCLUSIVE – Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson breaks his silence: Reality show star says he’s 'a lover not a hater' but REFUSES to back down from anti-gay comments

• Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson is sticking by controversial comments he made about homosexuality to GQ magazine
    • He told MailOnline that he was simply quoting from the Bible in saying that homosexuality is a sin [...]

By Will Payne In West Monroe, Louisiana
    UPDATED: 21:46 EST, 22 December 2013
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...een-today.html 42,982 shares

Phil Robertson has spoken out for the first time since his homophobic comments in a magazine interview went public and refused to go back on his controversial remarks, saying: ‘I will not give or back off from my path.’

The Duck Dynasty patriarch led a small Bible study group in his home town church in West Monroe, Louisiana on Sunday, granting MailOnline exclusive access.

And the deeply religious outdoorsman stood by his incendiary statements – which saw him call homosexuality a sin and led to his suspension from the hit reality show by network bosses at A&E.

United: Phil Robertson (center), patriarch of the Duck Dynasty family, leaves church in Louisiana with his family today

Under fire: Willie Robertson (center) leaves church today with his father (not pictured), who has been suspended from their reality television series for comments he made about homosexuality last week

Supporter: Howell Henderson of Joplin, Missouri, poses for a picture outside the Duck Commander store in West Monroe, Louisiana Saturday

During Sunday’s speech, he defended himself, saying he was simply quoting from the Bible and even went so far as to say Jesus could save gay people.

‘I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater,’ he added.

The 67-year-old has been slammed by gay rights groups since his interview in January’s issue of GQ magazine was made public last week.

He was quoted as saying: 'It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man’s anus.

'That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.'

But despite the criticism Robertson has faced, his family and local community have come to his defense and stood firmly behind him.
    Just before Sunday’s Bible study class started, one church-goer actually thanked Robertson for his comments.

Devout Christian: Phil led a Bible study at the White's Ferry Road Church of Christ in West Monroe, Louisiana

Hometown heroes: A sign in West Monroe, Louisiana, the setting for 'Duck Dynasty' in support of Phil Robertson

Robertson replied: ‘I didn’t think much of it at all, but it seems a lot of other people did’.

And at the end of the session he led a defiant prayer, which included the words, ‘I will not give or back off from my path because you conquered death, Father, so we are not worried about all the repercussions.’

Earlier he stood in front of the small class, at White's Ferry Road Church wearing his full camouflage suit and addressed the group for around 45 minutes.

He said: ‘I have been immoral, drunk, high. I ran with the wicked people for 28 years and I have run with the Jesus people since and the contrast is astounding.

‘I tell people, "You are a sinner, we all are. Do you want to hear my story before I give you the bottom line on your story?"

‘We murder each other and we steal from one another, sex and immorality goes ballistic. All the diseases that just so happen to follow sexual mischief… boy there are some microbes running around now.

‘Sexual sins are numerous and many, I have a few myself. So what is your safest course of action? If you’re a man, find yourself a woman, marry them and keep your sex right there.

‘You can have fun, but one thing is for sure, as long as you are both healthy in the first place, you are not going to catch some debilitating illness, there is safety there.

‘Common sense says we are not going to procreate the human race unless we have a man and a woman. From the beginning Jesus said, "It is a man and a woman." Adam was made and Eve was made for this reason. They left their fathers and mothers and be united to become one flesh, that’s what marriage is all about.

‘But we looked at it and said it was an outdated stereotype. When you look back at the human race, the sins have always been the same: We get high, we get drunk, we get laid, we steal and kill.

‘Has this changed at all from the time God burnt up whole cities because their every thought was evil?’

Keeping Phil: A source told Entertainment Weekly that Phil Robertson will be in new episodes of Duck Dynasty after it was revealed he made homophobic statements earlier this week

Then reading from the Bible he said, ‘The acts of the sinful nature are obvious. Sexual immorality, is number one on the list. How many ways can we sin sexually? My goodness. You open up that can of worms and people will be mad at you over it.

‘I am just reading what was written over 2000 years ago. Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the scriptures, but they just didn’t know it. Whether I said it, or they read it, what’s the difference? The sins are the same, humans haven’t changed.

‘If you give them the bad news, they’ll start kicking and screaming. But you love them more than you fear them, so you tell them.

‘A lot of times they don’t even wait for you to finish and say, ‘But there’s a way out, do you want to hear the rest of the story or what?

‘Jesus will take sins away, if you’re a homosexual he’ll take it away, if you’re an adulterer, if you’re a liar, what’s the difference? If you break one sin you may as well break them all.

‘If we lose our morality, we will lose our country. It will happen. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could all walk around without stealing from each other and killing each other?

‘Why don’t we just love each other enough that we wouldn’t want to do these things to each other?’

Robertson – who made his fortune from inventing and manufacturing hunting equipment before finding TV stardom – went on: ‘We are a bunch of rednecks from Louisiana, but I am not uneducated, I have a degree from Louisiana Tech.

'But this week I have been called an ignoramus. This week I have been asked, "Is this the first time you have brought up sin?" I said, "Are you kidding? I have been traveling to and fro spreading this message."

'Then he said, "Well do you invite yourself to go and get your Bible and tell people what you are now sharing with us?" I said, "No they are inviting me."

Controversial: Phil Robertson (centre) has been slammed by gay rights groups after linking homosexuality to bestiality in a new GQ interview

‘I have made hundreds and hundreds of speeches and you can pick them apart and the center has always been Jesus Christ.
    ‘Do many people get up and walk out? Yeah, all the time, do I hold it against them? No. Anybody can get up and stop listening. We are all just humans on this planet.’

He added: ‘Jesus Christ was the most perfect being to ever walk this planet and he was persecuted and nailed to the cross, so please don’t be surprised when we get a little static.’

After his Bible study group, Robertson and his class went downstairs and joined the rest of the thousand-strong congregation for a church service. Robertson’s eldest son, Pastor Alan led the middle part of the proceedings and he made reference to the nationwide attention the family has been under.

‘Well we’ve had a quite a quiet week, shot some ducks, done some shopping, ignited a national controversy,' he said.

A&E was quick to react to that controversy, suspending Robertson on Thursday and releasing a statement saying: ‘We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. ‘His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.

The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.’ But the family hit back on Friday with their own release.

VIDEO..... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...een-today.html

They wrote: ‘While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.
    ‘We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty.’

Yesterday Entertainment Weekly claimed that despite his suspension, Robertson will be back on the hugely popular show – which regularly pulls in 12 million viewers – when filming recommences in January.

They quoted a source saying: ‘The network also hopes the media and fan furor will cool down over the holidays and that tensions over shooting future episodes can then be resolved. There’s no negotiation to have; we’re doing the show.’

That will come as welcome news to the people of West Monroe and much of the country, who have leaped to Robertson’s defense and said he has the right to speak his mind.

Talking outside the Duck Commander store in downtown West Monroe on Friday, mother-of-two Kimberly Madrid from nearby Alexandria said: ‘We are Christians and we completely support Phil. This country has a proud history of freedom of speech and I believe Phil is the one who is being persecuted, because he has lost his job because of his religious beliefs.’

The show will go on: Robertson's family will continue starring in the series. He is pictured here with wife Kay in May

Sarah Palin, pictured with the Duck Dynasty cast while on her book tour in Louisiana. The former governor and her daughter, Bristol, have defended Robertson

Unlikely celebrities: Since its initial air date of March 21, 2012, Duck Dynasty has grown in the ratings for A&E, eventually becoming a ratings hit for the cable network

His return to the show may also appease sponsors and retailers, who have reacted nervously since his interview was made public. The Duck Dynasty brand is worth an estimated $400 million in merchandising.

Yesterday it was revealed one company, Cracker Barrel had dropped the Louisiana family. But after threats of a boycott they almost immediately reversed their decision, releasing a statement, saying:

‘You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren’t shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong. Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores. And, we apologize for offending you.’

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

'Duck Dynasty' gear flying high

"Duck" merchandise is predicted to keep flying off store shelves, despite (or because of) the kerfuffle over remarks by the family patriarch, Phil Robertson, and his suspension from the show by A&E.

DES MOINES -- This won't attempt to bridge the great cultural divide of our time between those who watch Duck Dynasty and those who don't.

"Duck" merchandise is predicted to keep flying off store shelves, despite (or because of) the kerfuffle over remarks by the family patriarch, Phil Robertson, and his suspension from the show by A&E. In an interview with GQ, Robertson called homosexuality a sin and claimed that the blacks he worked with before the Civil Rights era were happy.

Every time consumers pivoted their shopping carts this holiday season, they ran into Duck Dynasty bobbleheads, Chia pets, clothing, wine and, yes, hunting supplies. An Iowa company has also benefited from the ratings hit.

Hans Wilz of Ottumwa, and his company, Great Ideas LLC, helped create Duck Dynasty-scented candles that are sold across the country, including at Hallmark, Gander Mountain and Gordmans stores.

Wilz declined to disclose sales numbers, but he called the candles a "huge success" since they went on sale in July and have become his company's best-selling product yet.

He's been talking to retailers since the controversy and has heard no backlash yet — only "heightened awareness" by consumers of the brand, he said.

"Most people like the fact that (the show) is real. Phil is real," Wilz said. "Most people are OK with that."

At least one retailer has been caught in the crossfire: Cracker Barrel pulled Duck Dynasty products from its shelves last week, then restored them two days later after customer outrage.

"Most people who are buying the brand, they are like-minded to Phil anyway," he said. "That demographic is not offended by what he said."

Great Ideas is a design and sourcing company that has made its name producing dinnerware sets and other private-label products for Bass Pro and Gander Mountain. A&E asked the company to come up with Duck Dynasty products.

Wilz prefers to source products from American-made manufacturers, and he turned to Woodford Wicks, a family-owned candle maker in Kentucky.

The candles come in six scents: Duck Call, Grassy Creek, Swamp Water, Si's Iced Tea, Road Kill and the most popular, Duck Fart. (That one smells of "apples, raspberries and pineapple underlined by hints of lemongrass, clove and flora," according to DuckDynastyCandle.com.)

"You may not like the name, but you're going to talk about it," Wilz said.

His company is working on other Duck Dynasty products, including backyard games that A&E has approved, Wilz said. He tries to create "lifestyle gifts" that go beyond novelty items.

"Duck Dynasty" is about a family business, a theme with which Wilz can relate. His parents emigrated from Germany and opened Edd, the Florist in Ottumwa in 1956. Wilz now owns the store.

"We're a small-town company in Ottumwa," Wilz said. "We're glad to still be part of Americana."

Thanks

You know what? FUCK the "Social media" sites.

Dump them, if you haven't already. All of them.

Time for a REAL REVOLT.

Twitter briefly blocks pro-Phil Robertson site IStandWithPhil.com

FoxNews.com

For a brief time on Monday, Twitter made it very clear that they don’t stand with Phil Robertson.

The social networking site blocked tweets that included the pro-Robertson petition site, IStandWithPhil.com.

Once “Duck Dynasty” fans noticed the block, Twitter restored access to IStandWithPhil.com tweets, explaining that the website URL had been mistakenly flagged as spam, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

"We have restored access and apologize for the error," a Twitter spokesperson told the site.

IStandWithPhil.com launched shortly after a controversial interview with the Robertson dad was published in GQ. In the in-depth story, Robertson made graphic, negative comments about homosexual sex and he was subsequently placed on an indefinitely suspension by A&E, the network behind “Duck Dynasty.”

The petition on IStandWithPhil.com asks A&E to “immediately reinstate Mr. Robertson to Duck Dynasty, and to formally apologize to him, his family, and the millions of viewers who tune in every week.” It has garnered more than 200,000 signatures as of Tuesday morning.

A similar petition on Change.org has earned about 115,000 signatures.

Thread Information