Thread: A time Traveler Amongst Us

Thanks

Default A time Traveler Amongst Us

Ok.. deep breath. Here goes.

Unlike previous visitors to this site - and as an Administrator, I'm not going to give you a partial story and let you ask me questions. I'm going to tell you as much of the initial story as I can, in the first place, and let you research or whatever you like on your own. I'm not going to take questions. I'm not going to try to "explain" anything. I'm going to let you pick holes in the story if you like, and I'm going to let you discuss this to your heart's content.

The one thing I ask is that you keep the story here, on this site, and don't go off site to discuss it elsewhere. Why? Because, well, it's MY story and it's copyrighted. With that, I'm going to tell you all something some of you have suspected for a long time, a couple have asked me over time, and a few have threatened to do already. Reveal a secret.

The secret is... the real time traveler has been here all along, and he isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I was sent back in time, in the spring of 1861, for the first time. By August of 1861 I was contracted by Allan Pinkerton to assist the Union Army in spying on the south. "Yeah, right" you say? Well, I was "sorta" contracted. Technically, I contacted him and tried to convince him to set up a contract with me (and a few well-chosen friends). He really didn't want any help, and never really got much from us. Pinkerton was my first and only "failed mission" to this day.

The mission was pretty short-lived because Pinkerton wanted nothing but fame for himself, and he got it. Not that *I* wanted fame, in fact, that was something to be avoided by us. But, he was so focused on being a "famous person" that he couldn't really listen to others. He actually, single-handedly made it all the way into Jackson, Mississippi and returned to Washington with information about the South's preparations for war with the North. Unfortunately, as time went on he also developed a bad habit of sending information to the President--that information was "over numbered". He would deliberately misreport troop strength and numbers. I personally believe he did this because he felt that we'd put more resources there to more quickly defeat the enemy, but this is my guess only. His efforts, as several of us pointed out later were hindering the war effort, rather than helping the President and Generals decide where to send troops.

Why Pinkerton? He was an initial target to be convinced of the need to set up a type of 'spy agency' during the war effort for the Union Army. Of course, THAT part worked. Originally, it was thought that we could convince Pinkerton to set up a "communications divison", in order to do some damage to the Confederates through misdirection of telegraphy signals. He was more into things like guns, cameras and that sort of thing, and didn't really think that "the telegraph" was much of a useful item to aid in war efforts. His bias had to do with it being a "fixed asset" as we'd call it today. You see, today a radio is a wireless device, you're not held to one spot, like in the days of wired telegraph sets.

Even so, he was too hell bent on "doing it himself", so that didn't work, and a secondary tact had to be used. I'll mention that a little later. Pinkerton was rather out of step with things, and was certainly in deeper in "military intelligence" than he should have been. My opinion -- but, it's all history now! LOL.

The second part of the mission, on this first trip, was to contact a man code-named "Chase" and have him check out an idea of using balloons to send troops up to recon enemy positions, and to telegraph down information. Apparently that part succeeded. We (myself and a second contact who remained in Washington for the duration of the war and later assisted me on some other problems) managed to get the "right people" together, in the summer of 1861. It wasn't easy, but it happened.

How did I become involved? Well, in 1998 (yes, I said 1998) I was a communications technician for the United States Air Force - and was selected to take part in a special project, to which I would be assigned for a couple of years. After being briefed, we found out about the overall mission. The mission was to send agents back to assist the current US Administration (whomever that administration is/was/will be) to "set things right". For the record, no, there was no particular "Right or Left" leaning to this. So far, we've assisted ALL the administrations, Democrat, Republican, Whigg or Tory. Every President since George Washington to Eisenhower has had help. Eisenhower had help before they set some time-limits on "When" you could "help". The ultimate goal of the program is to keep America on the path as a Super Power -- which will eventually be the only world power, and the protector of the world. You all might wish to think of it as some kind of "super specialized illuminati", since the people in charge are definately in-charge kind of guys. Nope, no names, but they are alive and well today. [Smile]

Protector of the world -- from whom? That's a good question and remains, in my book, to be seen. I wasn't a policy maker, just a tool.

My job in the military as I have said many times before, was communications. I was chosen because of my "vast knowledge" of telegraphy equipment -- ok, I know something about electronics, and telegraph systems are simple, wire-line devices that have voltages applied by batteries, a morse code key, sender and a receiver. Truth is, I knew morse code, but was lousy at it, and had never tried sending it with a telegraph, which is vastly different from radio systems of today. The sounds are a lot different. I had to know about things like batteries too. Batteries in the mid 1800s were nasty, messy affairs. They were made of wooden boxes covered in a tar-like material that smells like asphalt. That's probably what it was. There were lead plates inside and sulphuric acid was used to make the early lead-acid cells work. Man, you do not have ANY idea how much junk I wanted to take back with me, but was told "NOPE!" because some of it would be obviously NOT from that era. So, I had to makeshift a lot of items I needed, when I got on the ground there. It was very difficult to get hold of a meter I could make into a volt meter in those days. Haha.

There were no plastics in the mid 1800s, and I could take NOTHING with me that was "out of era" (OOE we called it). So, I chose instead to carry a couple of re-made items, and some things that "looked old", like a pocket watch, a special compass, a specially made, replica revolver (I'll mention that in a moment), and I carried enough rounds for my weapon that I'd end up using more than once, to keep me from running out in one battle. About 100 rounds or so. I also carried a "genuine imitation leather" rucksack and was dressed in period clothing when I left 1998 for a few days.

My second mission would be to eventually become part of a military Unit that was originally out of Rhode Island. This was a group of scouts who, during the Appomattox campaign were able to successfully reroute supply trains by tapping into the telegraph wires along railroads, then sending false information to the Confederacy. It was so successful that we were able to move entire train loads of cannons to the wrong place, at the wrong time -- more than once. This was my MAIN mission (and originally was to be left to Pinkerton but he flubbed it). Unfortunately, or fortunately, as the case may be... I managed to be in the "wrong place at the right time" several times during my trip, including the capture of a General from the South.

UNFORTUNATELY, it left a "historical marker". Fortunately, it was a GOOD "mark". We weren't supposed to leave such "fingerprints", but sometimes it couldn't be helped and it certainly happened on nearly every mission anyone went on. Most of them are/were insignificant and you have to really HUNT like hell for that information. Let's just say my little "screwup" caused me a visit from "home" with some particular orders to be a bit more careful, but all-in-all, as I said, it was a "good screw up".

Since the Pinkerton job didn't work out, and I failed in my mission to convince Pinkerton to make me a part of his team I ended up going back again later to straighten things out. (Pinkerton was such an egotist and really, honest to God wanted so much fame for himself that he could see leaving nothing to subordinates. I still can't get over that... 20, years, or is it 140? I can never remember!)

When I went back (in time) a bit later he actually DID finally hire me for "guard duty" - gave me a brand new double-barrel shot gun, and said to me, "I assume you know how to use this thing dontcha?" So I showed him how well I could use a shot gun. I carried a revolver - a highly modified revolver which didn't use cap and balls. (Yeah, the one I brought with me!) And showed him I could use that as well. He became interested in the weapon and kept trying to convince me to sell it to him. I declined, several times... if I had, then "cartridges" like we use TODAY would have been a lot sooner probably. Or I'd have been hanged as a spy! Either way, no way was I letting that weapon out of my hands!

I was on two short trips with Pinkerton, then he left out for his "spy mission" -- which of course he kept to himself. He actually told no one, apparently, but the President where he was going. I was shocked that he did it in the first place, since he was reasonably well known even then. I guess though, however it worked out, and no matter how I tried, it just didn't work out with Pinkerton. He was such an ass. Now, he's an extremely FAMOUS ASS. I wonder WHY?

In 1999 the Air Force once again sent me back to the east coast facility, this time I wound up in Rhode Island, after being transported, "enlisted" in the Army and received a commission as a lieutenant, from President Lincoln -- Of course, I had a little "assistance" from someone else who'd already been placed there, the guy I mentioned before. This individual provided me with some documents. These documents helped to get me a key position as an intelligence officer in the Union Army. After a few months I was placed in charge of training some scouts on morse code, and electrical/battery theory, tapping into the lines and setting up a "new telegraph point". Also, I was supposed to train them in tracking. Most of them were better trackers than me though, so I told them I was the expert on telegraphs and I'd teach them, if they'd teach me to be a better tracking. Actually, they thought it was "neat" I was teaching them this technical stuff and that I admitted to being a little "dumb" about tracking -- since most of them "learnt it from their daddies". God they talked funny.

This was of course, part of the whole reason I had gone there in the first place, that is, the "telegraph missions". You see, it was/is thought that a small pebble in a pond makes a big ripple in the ocean. I don't really believe that, but I DO know that a tiny change here or there can make a major impact on a war scenario.

The unit was full of smart men, mostly they just couldn't speak proper English, sometimes. Most of them were crack-shots with a rifle, and wisecrakers with jokes. I managed to convince the commander, a Major.... his name was Young. Henry Young, that we needed better equipment. He told me they had to buy it. I communicated with my "friend" in Washington who was able to "arrange" for some money. It's nice sometimes having someone who can pull some strings for you with more than one "administration" too, let me tell you. Fact was, we got these guys some of the best weapons ever made at the time.

Even though I was a Lt. in rank, I wore the uniform of a Union Army Sergent. My alias was "Joseph E. McCabe". My "real name" to the Major was "Lt. Uriah Suttles". Only himself, my "contact" in Washington, and President Lincoln knew my "real name". At one point we captured a Confederate General, and extracted information on troop movements, numbers, locations and supply routes. It not the intent of the mission, but no one was killed, no shots fired. That was my favorite kind of mission. I HATE getting shot at.

Most of this took place in Virgina around April, or May. I forget now. I do recall that we told the General... Barringer or Bannenger (I forget which now), was that we were from the 9th Virgina Cavalary. What was funny was I pulled that RIGHT out of my ass, because I didn't know which Confederate units were anywhere in the area. It just so happened I (we) got lucky that day. By the way, this is what we called a "historical marker", the thing I mentioned before. It is something that makes it "big" in history, or at least leaves a little "marker" for folks to find later, even though it wasn't supposed to happen.

"Sergent McCabe" got a medal out of that little incident. The other men, five of them, all got medals, a Confederate General was captured, along with a few dozen confederate soldiers, all but one who got away. I think that one Confederate is probably still running. He ought to be in Argentia by now, lol.

"Lt. Suttles" didn't get anything. In fact, he was a real person somewhere in the south, in Kentucky or Virgina I believe now... but you know what? The only existing picture of him, that I can find... is ME [Smile] Taken right after the war was over, around October or November 1865 in Washington, DC. I wanted a small momento I could keep. Since I couldn't take it back, for fear it would be discovered, I placed it into an envelope, gave it to a "museum" for safe keeping, putting my REAL "FUTURE name" on it, and a year that it would be picked up. I gave instructions to the museum currator to make sure that this was passed quietly from Currator to Currator, with a copy of a letter to each of them, by name. The envelopes were sealed and it explained that this was an important experiment. He thought I was nuts, but I handed him a hefty sum of money. I believe he was able to "retire" soon after - at least according to "history" [Smile] -- and who cares if a crazy guy wants to do an "experiment". I assumed that the package would be thrown out with the trash, but sure enough, the year I visited the "museum" and presented some identification, talked to the currator of the place and told him I was there to complete an experiment... he nearly fainted. Got me my package, which I actually photocopied a couple of times first, and later scanned when computers became available to me. Then I stored it away for the future.

Apparently, the "experiment" worked, since I'm here today, and I have the scanned image right here, for you guys to see, if you want. The original is now stored in an air-tight case, in a safety deposit box, in another state than then the one I live in. It will be passed on to my grandchildren in a few years with more details on the program.

Today, I'm back, and out of the program, I don't "scout" for anyone any more, except myself, perhaps deer hunting. I've been in twelve, sometimes running-gun battles, never been wounded and I'm still an expert marksman, and swordsman. "Back" in 1982 I "returned" to Washington, DC to work for another President. President Reagan, the rest as they say, is history. And, given my life, I think I'm an probably an expert on "Time Travel". (John Titor, INDEED! LOL.)

Small pebbles and big ripples -- I said I'd mention that again.

All these folks who've spent their time making up Titor stories, and William Watter's stories are pretty good or perhaps not so good sometimes -- but, the whole "theory of time travel" is about as dumb as it comes when it comes to "what if you meet yourself" stuff, or "what if you kill your mom" and some of the other stories and paradoxes you've heard mentioned.

Look, you can actually meet yourself. And you know what? Nothing bad happens. In fact, if you know ahead of time -- that is you know you're scheduled to do a couple of missions in the same or near-same time frame, you can actually arrange to have yourself deliver yourself messages. It's a complicated thing, but you can do it. For instance, when I went the first time, I didn't know that Pinkerton was going to be as difficult as he was.

So, when I went back a second time, I wired a message to myself in Washington that I should forego that route and go back home, and remember to send myself a message when I go back. At the TIME I didn't KNOW I was going to do this, but I'd thought of it before. So... when the message came addressed to me as "Junior" and signed from me as "SENIOR" I KNEW the things I'd already thought of had happened. Thus... well, I guess it IS complicated, I told myself, I better send myself a message later. Anyway, I didn't actually meet MYSELF, but I communicated with myself, a couple of different times.

So, at that point (after I received a message from myself) I went home to find out what my next mission was to be.

Traveling in time isn't easy, but it's also not difficult either. But, contrary to popular myth, you can pretty much take what you want. You can bring things back too, but it's ill advised usually. I think they really don't want you dragging items back that might be used to make yourself rich or something. That's one of the reasons I didn't BRING my image back with me, instead I SENT it to myself, through an odd route. You know how the government is about that stuff though, gifts and things. Hell, even back in the day I was renting cars on trips for the White House, we weren't even allowed to keep those stupid little gifts they give you at car rental places (like bags with their name on it, like Hertz or Avis or whatever).

To return though, it's a complex (and classified!) procedure. In fact, all this was (wait, IS) classified. Speaking of classified, why tell you this? Because you guys think it's a hoax -- [Smile] and I'm glad to help out, besides, who's gonna believe me? I don't even believe it sometimes, which is why I have to laugh so much at the Titor stories.

The program was called (when I was there), Project Terminus. At the site is a large round sign, a military type sign, with an octogon border inside. Inside the border, there is a picture of a military saber, crossed with a kentucky long rifle and some kind of ray-gun looking thing. The three are crossed in the center. Below them is a picture of the world (one half of it) upon which the United States is centered. On either side of that are concentric circles coming from the US and spreading out into space. I actually think that "ray gun" thing is really a picture of a certain MODERN rifle that just came into being... which really makes me wonder about "going forward in time". That's another story though, as far as I know, you can't do that.

The motto beneath the sign said, "Infinitas Renovo Temporis". My meager latin tells me it says, "Repairing time through infinity". Not sure, but I think that is correct. Maybe it means "Repairing Infinity through time"... I dunno. Most of the time no one ever explains where these latin sayings come from anyway.

Transporting TO a place is similar, I suppose to "Scotty's transporter" in a way, but, sorta not really. The machine doesn't really "transport" you exactly. Instead you walk through it. I think it is a wormhole, but it isn't like they tend to be dipicted on television, certainly. In fact, unless the inside of the "tube" is a "wormhole" then I guess I don't know what they look like at all.

The "transport" mechanism is something akin to a long, glass-looking tube (it's not ROUND though, it's an octogon) with a lot of electronic equipment attached to it in another room (I guess that's the control room). The "transport room" is pretty bare, and almost a clean room - there is an air lock to it, and when it is fired up, only the personnel moving through time are in the room, or in the chamber. The exterior chamber (anteroom they called it) can hold up to six full sized men, complete with ruck sacks, back packs, weapons and so forth. The inner chamber, in front of the glass tube can hold about ten at a time. Large amounts of material can be transported as well, but only stuff that can be moved through or pushed through the tube, so it can't be overly large or heavy.

When the machine is "fired up" some sort of EM field is generated by things that I would say are coils around the "tube". The air inside ionizes, and you can see it shimmer, it glows with a bluish glow. Actually a large static field is developed in and around the chamber, especially on the sides (outside the tube). A lot of "grounding devices" around the area prevent live people from being zapped I guess. You have to walk in a specific "path" which is marked with safety lines (remember the "tape" on Titor's "time machine"? LOL THAT tape). I've "felt" that electrical feeling when I've almost been hit by lightning a couple of times. So, there is a massive amount of energy there. The machine can remain turned on as long as they like. There's no "hurry and shut it down" situations of which I'm aware. So, like television might show you on "sliders" or on "Star Gate".... well, there's no reason to rush, except perhaps to keep someone from coming back through you didn't want coming through.

The "tube" is "attuned" somehow - don't ask me how, because again I'd only be guessing, to the "time" they want. I've only been in that control room one time and I didn't get a really good look at the systems then. I KNOW there were mainframes on the other side of the wall though, when I was part of the program. You take a breath, hold it, step through and into the tube and WALK QUICKLY through it to the "other side". If they have it right (which you can see, by the way) you won't "step off into space" and fall a few feet. That happened on my first trip to be, because I didn't realize I was pretty high up. I fell about 3 feet and landed in a field.

If you "look back" you can "see" a kind of "hole" with darkness on the other side. That's what you see when they pick you up, too. You step into a "void" of sorts and you're back in the "glass tube". I think the tube is made from some kind of quartz or some other mineral. That's what it looks and feels like to me anyway. I believe the reason it is dark is that it's a small, enclosed area. When you're stepping through to another time, you're looking at it "as it was" so to speak, sometimes in day light (usually) or sometimes night.

Night time transports to an area (I've been told) aren't done often, and usually when we need to place someone just before an event. Why? Because there is some sort of visible field around the "hole in time" and we certainly don't want to alert anyone to the presence of time travelers.

Conceivably we COULD send entire military units, equipment and such back in time to help out in a battle. So why not? Why don't we stop the WTC attacks, stop Hitler, stop Stalin, save Kennedy, the Challenger astronauts, stop or save whomever....

Easy, these events are piviotal events in history. Events WE "fix" or "repair" are small, insignificant events. The pebbles themselves get moved, not boulders. It is postulated that if we tried to stop a piviotal event that it would change so drastically that whatever events occurred after would not happen (or happen differently). Most of us might not actually exist if that happened. A lot of us might be "different". The change would happen instantly, and would affect everyone from that "event" forward, and thus ALL of us would be affected. The bad part? It might affect the way we run the time travel system, the US government or God knows what else.

But, sending back small items with one guy -- one expendable guy, I might add! -- is usually sufficient to gain confidence in the people you want to help, get them to think it is THEIR idea, and then move along. The changes are small, but they add up "over time". Psychologically, it is much simplier to convince one guy that his "idea" is a brainstorm and money maker for him, than it is to send in an army to make a drastic, right-now-kill-em-all-solution. Besides, if you screw it up the first time, you might be able to try again. Pinkerton was a "more than once shot" which kept failing. He was just too damned stubborn. You can stop one guy you sent in, by sending someone in right before him to bring him home. Stopping an army... well, that's likely a different story.

Before you ask, I don't think we've ever sent anyone to the SITE of the machine to "stop" anything. I asked that question and the trainers got a little ashen. So, I'm thinking (again, I'm guessing) that if you did something like this you MIGHT create a time-loop, or something worse, a worm hole matching up with a worm-hole, or some other equally "ominous" situation that I can't even possible describe (since I've never thought that long and hard about it).

Small changes, those that help turn the tide of a small battle for instance, aren't probably going to stop someone from being killed in that, or another battle, either. But it might cause a probability change that gives us a slightly different outcome. The mission I was on actually -- we think -- caused enough of a change in the Civil war to give the Union an advantage. Otherwise, millions more may have died, and worse, the country may have collasped many years ago, with the United States being broken up into several smaller nation states. I don't know the answer to that for sure, because whatever history I knew when I went back was 'changed' in my mind to read the way we know it now.

The mission is to "fix" things, small things. Perhaps prevent a certain spy from reaching his or her destination, and thereby prevent them from getting plans and troop movements. According to doctrine, our mission was NOT to go back two years in time and fix things, but rather 200 years. Or 50. There was an abolutely limit, but I don't know what the minimum time was. I wasn't told and don't know, but I can guess it was not LESS than 45 years. I just know that a limit was placed on travel to "near time" -- right about the time I got there. I also know it had something to do with World War II, but I don't know the details. Again, I'd just be guessing.

I can't tell you where the facility is, and I won't, except to say it is right in plain view of the public, in a large city, in the east. No, it's not protected in any special way. The people that work there, for the most part don't know much about the facility, and a lot of them think it has to do with missile defense these days. Yup, it's rather near a nuclear facility -- which is where they pull their power I was told.

I know they do epoch calculations on the Earth, and work out some pretty complex mathematics in relation to where the planet is, and which way the planet is facing at any given time. I don't know how far BACK we can go, but I KNOW we can go back at least as far as 1776. We have. I know that when you're transported it gets very, very warm, and you really should close your eyes when you move down the tunnel, or when you arrive you'll be barfing your guts out. I've always been susceptible to motion sickness, and the first time I "traveled" I might as well have flown on a plane, or sat in the back seat of a car for several hours. It only lasts a few seconds but stepping through it can make you ill. I was told there are no radiation effects (and I tend to believe this) but, they didn't know the long term effects on a person travelling more than a few times. I have traveled "at least four times". I only mentioned a three here. (no, I'm not saying how many, and no I'm not gonna tell you about other missions.) I think the sickness is similar to vertigo, or inner ear equalibrium problems.

ONE of the reasons I'm not in the program any more is, I hit the magic number of maximum travels.

I also know that we can pinpoint exactly where we want to place a LIVE human being (or an animal, or a device) and drop it with the accuracy of a GPS system, within a meter or so usually. Normally, people are dropped into areas outside of large cities, and they have to usually make their way on foot to where they are going.

Can we go into the future? Nope, not that I am aware. ONLY to the past. And you can be "picked up" from a particular spot in time, IF they know where and who you are. There are ways of providing this information.... in fact, I'd imagine that if we sent someone back to 1999 right now that he could just send an "email" to a particular person or post a message on a web site (Golly.. ANOMALIES? [Smile] ) which is encoded with the proper information, including code names and such, and that information will be found and at any time that person can be brought home.

I CAN say that at least ONCE since I've been working with Anomalies, I saw such a message posted on the site. I left it a couple days, then moved it. If it were someone getting "home" all the more power to them. However, I've got my doubts they'd have use Anomalies (too CLOSE in time) and I don't think it would have been anyone from the future. I just don't think they go to the future. (shrugs)

Basically, without giving away much, you had to leave a message somewhere. Can't tell you where. And then be in a certain place at a time you decided. Then you "stepped home" (or in some cases JUMPED THROUGH) through the "dark spot" that appeared. This is another reason most "transports" occur in the day light... it would suck for some poor ancestor to accidently walk into a portal in the middle of the night crossing some field to go take a crap behind a tree.... ouch.

In other words, I might be gone as little as 30 minutes REAL time, but live in the "past" for two years. My chronological age at this time is nearly 48, but, I'm really closer to 51 or 52 now. Yep, you age normally. Yep, you can die in the wrong "time zone". In fact, if the men (I say men, because I don't think we have sent many women back, but there probably have been a few... give me a break on "gender things" ok? I wasn't in charge!) did NOT or were not able to give information to the "future" about themselves then they probably lived their lives out in whatever year they went too.

The CIA has a "Secret Star" program. They have a star for every man and woman who died defending this country, as an agent, but their names/identities are kept secret. People who have "vanished" from our time or "died in exercises" probably didn't return to our time so some sort of "story" about them being obliterated by a tank running over them is used -- and the families never know. Not much left when a tank turns you into a puddle of DNA. Still, the GOOD part is, those people either chose to LIVE in the year they landed, or they simply couldn't get word home -- not in a reasonable time. So we had a kind of "secret star" program too.

Anyone who is LATER discovered, outside of a year or so, is usually left there, and usually it is his choice. That means if I got lost in 1865 and they couldn't find me for two years, I might have gotten a visitor who asked me, "You're out of sequence, do you wish to return to a future time for yourself, obviously aged and 'different' and take on a new life or would you prefer to remain here?"

If I'd gotten that messed up, I'd have come home, anyway. I had kids by then and to them I was only gone a few hours or days, to me, I might have been gone two years. The visitor would have had family information with them so the traveler could make an informed decision. (Why do you think I was so down on Watters not being briefed? We brief our folks, well! Which, by the way includes HISTORY. I can't IMAGINE that we'd try to send someone to the future without telling him "we've no clue what's about to HAPPEN!")

I honestly do NOT know all the physics behind this program, but it has been around since about 1965 or 1966, and (like Titor) I can answer SOME questions. I do know it's got NOTHING to do with "microsingularities" or "Ford Pickups with time machines", or "coulombs". I also know that it doesn't take "hours" to move "years", but seconds to move centuries. The program was an offshoot of several nuclear projects and you know who started it? Let's just say, Albert Einstein himself was involved. And you know what else? There IS a "unified field theory"... which is why I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sure that Titor was a hoax. But, you're not gonna read about it. It's going to have to be rediscovered. Hopefully by then, as Einstein himself thought, "perhaps mankind will be ready for this"... because it will change the world in ways you don't even (or won't even!) know. In fact, it is.

I know that this has something to do with "warping" time and space. You've all heard, I'm sure, scientists talking about this sort of thing. Theoretically, they could send a human to any place in the universe, if they can get real-time coordinates on it, including distant planets or other bodies in space.

Why do they NOT? Because we don't have accurate coordinates for anything actually, other than a few solar bodies, Moon, Mars, Venus, etc. Most of them, apparently, we don't want to drop folks on them in our time, or any other time. At least, that's the impression I get. I understand too, that the greater the "physical distance" from Earth, the more energy it takes, in some sort of geometric proportion -- if I understand, the further away, the more it takes, adding up fast. Anyway, it's likely NOT possible to send someone to Mars with this, without using more energy than we have.

But, anywhere "inside" our oribital loop (even the Moon) is probably "easy" in relation to anything else, and any TIME is fine, because the physical distance is "close". Make sense? (Not sure it makes sense to me either). I understand, however, from what I know about "Earth Sciences" that there might be a limitation to distance in time. That limitation has to do with accuracy. They have to be able to ACCURATELY find and place a person on the planet, which means they have to know the EXACT INFORMATION of the planet and where it WAS 50, 100 or 1000 years ago. Given that things like quakes cause what we might consider insignificant changes, we aren't 100% certain of everything, thus, sometimes it's a guess. I also don't know that we haven't gone back in time prior to the 1750s or so, but I'm reasonably certain we've NOT gone beyond that date, simply because the accuracy of calculations isn't more than a couple of digits and we have to KNOW, KNOW EXACTLY, within several decimals of precision what speed the planet is rotating, how fast it is moving in space, and if we've had "space encounters" and such that could have affected the oribital, speed, anything of the planet.

Why am I telling you this story? Because I'm tired. Because I'm tired of knowing things no one else, save a few know. Because life is not as "linear" as you think it is. Because, even with all this, I still don't know if there is intelligent life out there besides us here on Earth. I'm telling you because, basically, it sounds like a load of malarky and for all you can all be concerned, it probably is. Anyone going to believe me? Most likely not. Besides, I've got a reputation to keep too. As Darby once said, "we're not going to create a hoax because we have to take the high ground". So, is this a hoax? You can say to yourselves, "YES" and perhaps you can live with that. Well, now *I* can live with it too [Smile]

Well, that's pretty much the story. I'm just a normal guy now, don't do anything out of the ordinary. I have some really cool training, been to a lot of places in the world --- and am a real 'world traveler'. Been in combat, been a spy, been a science guy, been an electronics guy, ham radio operator, spent time in the Civil war... nothing to awesome, and nothing that any of you might not have done yourselves, if you'd been in the same circumstances. One thing I'd like to do is convince the government that I ought to get back pay as a Captain in the Union Army - from 1863 through 2003. Wouldn't that be something? Hahaha.

Truth is, I'd like to get back on the program and do some more things, since history is interesting, but the problem is my memory is starting to suck and I just do not really remember things like I used to... that's why I thought I'd write this story out now, before I get much older and forget some details (I've already forgotten a lot and I left a lot of things out because, well... I don't want to tell you too much).

Chances of you figuring out where the facility is located are pretty slim, but you might be able to work it out. Figuring out some of the information I posted is probably not going to help either. I doubt you're going to locate much if anything on any of the names, which is fine with me, since you're really not supposed to. Though I didn't tell any lies about them.

Am I concerned with someone "finding me"? Nope. Anyone can find me. The government knows where I am, who I am and what I do. Do they believe me? Probably not. Will folks think I'm a kook? Maybe, who cares. My job now is to do what I do for a living -- and I do it as well now as I did in my somewhat younger days. Probably better. I just do not jaunt through time now to do my job. Am I delusional? Nope. Am I mentally unstable? Hell no. I've never been MORE mentally stable. lol. This gonna affect my job? No, extremely doubtful. Am I afraid of the "illuminati' or someone 'making me disappear'? HAHA. No. They could have left me in 1865 and been done with that. [Smile] Think about it.

Perhaps, someday, I'll meet up with myself again, or perhaps someone else who's doing the job I did -- perhaps come to tell me to change something I've done somewhere along the way, or to assist people in my world to make some change that for them will fix something in time, for the future. I've no way of knowing, nor do I really care. I care about staying alive to see the future, because, friends, I've already seen the past.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: A time Traveler Amongst Us

Hi folks, just to tell you... I posted this some time back on Anomalies for just our moderators. The moderators examined it and some kind of "believed" and some certainly were skeptical.

I wrote that story in about two hours, it's about nine printed pages and I have the images to go with it.

The images are actually myself and my GG-Grandfather, Uriah Suttles who actually DID live around 1865 or so. Anyway, it was an experiment in seeing how much folks would believe when it was thrown at them.

I never posted it publically on Anomalies, because I don't do hoaxes, and this might (would) have been considered a hoax for sure.

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I can't believe I read the whole thing. At least I didn't believe the story. Knowlege of chaos theory would preclude such a program. The risks of even very small activities would be huge.

This could be the basis for a good novel.

EM
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Thanks

Thanks EM.

Olav almost believed it

I did post it only on the mods forum because I'm not one to perpetuate a hoax or make one up, but I thought it a nice lesson.

The moderators and admins were pretty good about pulling parts of it to shreads. I might have done a better job were I going to make it a "real hoax", but I think its a cool story.

The images, by thje way are of me and my gggrandpa./..

Good images
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It was an interesting twist on the concept Rick ... however, a couple questions popped into my head (treating it like a conceptual book treatment):

1> How would the agency know *which* small events to try and impact? Isn't it possible that one of the historic situations that may seem to have weakened the US actually helped shape people's opinion to work together and make it stronger?

2> If the history is metaphysically changed so that everyone's memory knew the "new history" (and I assume this also means that our collective written history texts show the "new history" as well) ... how would the agency know if it was being effective?

I'm sure I'll have more ... I do enjoy this type of thinking. (For a number of years now, I've an idea for a future-fiction novel that involves moving through time, but also suffers from questions along these same lines.)

-Bryk

Thanks

Time out. Caught in a synapse. Get-got back to you in time.

Thanks

Wink Re: A time Traveler Amongst Us

from the Sound of Music,

... I hath sinned mortally

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

time check

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

As I told you when you posted this on A-net, Rick, I was willing to at least entertain the possibility of this being plausible. Until you posted great granddaddy's pic. A simple search for one of YOUR pics (and side-by comparison) was all the ammo I needed to shoot it down. Add to that the fact that it sounded too Time Patrol-ish to me.

(For those not 'in the know', The Time Patrol is a series of science fiction stories dealing with time travel. Established by a far, far, FAR future race to ensure that history proceeds without any interruption that would prevent their emergence.)

If you had hoped to spring that on any believers, you shouldn't have started with me.

Thanks

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=44274

Two Russian scientists claim a device created to investigate the origins of the universe could become the world's first ever time machine.

Since time travel is of interest to you Rick....who knows. The above link also has a video that goes with this.

Machine 'could create time tunnel'

4 days ago

Switching on a giant atom-smashing machine might open the door to unexpected visitors - from the future, it has been claimed.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC), due to come on stream this year, could turn out to be the world's first time machine, according to two Russian scientists.

Their calculations show it is possible the machine will tear a hole in the fabric of space and time, creating a gateway to tomorrow. And, with sufficiently advanced technology, people from the future might even be able to walk through it.

The vast LHC has been constructed at CERN, the European particle physics centre near Geneva.

Designed to investigate the origins of the universe, it will generate particles with so much energy that scientists are not entirely sure what will happen when they switch the machine on.

One possibility is that microscopic black holes will be created within the LHC.

But Russian mathematicians Irina Aref'eva and Igor Volovich point to another scenario. They believe a "wormhole" could open up, linking our time with another in the future.

Such a time tunnel would need to be propped open for anyone to step through it. But this could happen if "dark energy" - the mysterious anti-gravity force that causes galaxies to accelerate away from each other - possesses a special "phantom" property.

The year 2008 might then become "Year Zero" for future time travellers, since it would only be possible to travel back as far as the first doorway in time.

Manipulating such a wormhole to create a viable time machine would take incredibly advanced technology, New Scientist magazine reported - yet this could not be ruled out in the distant future.

http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...A2UYrl9th6dprg

Jag

Thanks

Come on PJ you know that my intent was never to "spring" anything. I merely took some of the various elements used in Conspiracy Theory and applied them to that story.

By the way, for the record I have never seen "Time Patrol", read it, nor do I know what it is

I watched two time travel series. One was called "Time Tunnel" and the other was "Quantum Leap".

I've seen a few movies with elements of time travel, like "Terminator", "Back to the Future" (awesomely funny and good movies), the Langoliers, "The Time Machine" (HG Wells book and a movie). A few more come to mind as well....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

A cute flick emerged @ 1995 called timecop. I missed quite a few time tunnel episodes simply because it was not authorized- an hour of tv was too much than enuf anyway.

Time travel is great for imagination and strategy exercises.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

Actually, nothing kills a good story more than time travel. It's overdone. Make a mistake? Travel back and 'fix' it. Doesn't work that way. Time is both less malleable and more flexible than we can imagine. Causality (or BEcausality, depending on your views) will do as needed to get it done.

Thanks

It's not the time travel, or fixing things that I find interesting. It's the twists and turns and weird crap. Perfect example of a damned good time travel movie is "Back to the Future". Good actors, and a good story line, and enough twists and turns to keep you wondering.

And, it leaves a lot open to the imagination - especially since things AREN'T "fixed" - just DIFFERENT at the end.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information