Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up. Unusual Bank activity.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Heads up. Unusual Bank activity.

I am starting this thread here on www.transasianaxis.com and www.communities.anomalies.net because today I was told of an unusual bank situation that has cause for concern.

I am seeking input from anyone who has similar observations or input.

I was called at about 12:55pm PST today. The caller is a person I trust who is very observant and versed in bank protocols having worked in that industry for a number of years.

Banks are required by federal law to notify the federal authorities, as a normal procedure, any transaction that exceeds US $10,000.00. It is unusual for most bank branches to have more than one such transaction on a particual day.

The bank branch in question is part of a Bank company that is international and had several such transactions today. Each was over US $20,000.00 and were CASH WITHDRAWLS. This bank branch rarely has such activity and certainly not several in one day, all over $20k.

The standard protocol of a form to sign was generated for these transactions as well as whatever reporting medium was set in place.

Why do I note this?

Consider the unusual part of this. Multiple large cash withdrawls on the same day. At least one of the customers was arabic in appearance. I know that would be called racial profiling, but lets be real here. The main group of people who have an interest in causing harm to the West and specifically the US are arabic in background.

To make one thing clear, I have friends who are good people and happen to be arabic, so no, I am not targeting a group. I am noting the more suspect detail in this incident.

The US $10,000.00 flag was originally set to track cocaine money laundering in the 1980's, but is a valuable tool in tracking unusual activity on any type.

The employees of this bank branch are concerned about this unusual transaction day and as an aside, if they had several withdrawls of that type, the bank branch is likely very low on physical paper funds as they will only keep as much as they may need on hand on any particular day.

Cash is not easy to track once freed from the electronic medium and right now there are many tens of thousands of US dollars in circulation in a local area just outside Los Angeles County.

This activity may be a hint of something larger. Pray it is not so and the FBI can check this out quickly.

I did not cite the city or bank name or location because the authorities will know that and to disclose that online is irresponsible to me as there are repercussions from depleting a banks paper funds that raise security concerns on a bank level and I won't be party to that.

Please post any observations of unusual activity at banks or any place this last day or so. This may be nothing but a true anomaly in bank days, but maybe not. I hope it is only a cautious thing that I am posting this and not a real notice of a coming threat. Cash is easy to use and US cash is valid anywhere, really.

Thanks

Default Re: Heads up. Unusual Bank activity.

That is rather odd ... It'll be interesting to watch and see if it simply fades as a statistical anomaly. And, if something happens in the longer-term, if memory will serve this item up for consideration at that time.

In a slight tangent, I'd categorize this similarly to the reports of stock selling involving the airlines that lost planes on 9/11 ... have there been any well-documented articles about that phenomenon (or is it still just a potential legend at this point) ... and were those stock changes big to draw someone's attention if it happened again?

-Bryk

Thanks

Bryk,

My posting this did also serve to make a notation of the bank anomoly just in case.

Banned
    Thanks

Phil,

Got your message in voicemail. I immediately forwarded the info to others who can act upon it. I'll post replies if I recieve any.

This kind of activity was evident in the months prior to 9/11. Mohammed Atta recieved a wired bank transfer of $100,000 at just 5 months prior to 9/11. These monies were dispersed to the members of the 9/11 cell almost immediately.

Thanks

Seems to me that triggering the 10k+ reporting trigger suggests It's either something completely legit or someone doesn't care because by the time the feds catch up to him, it won't matter any longer.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why people would do this, perhaps they are pooling their money to buy a House, a boat or RV or something and they all bank at the same place.

When I ran my business, I routinely had to get more than 10k per day several times a week as all my vendors were COD cash. Since I knew the cost of the UPS packages arriving, I would write a specific check for each, none of which were usually more than $2500. The totals often exceeded 20k(and boy that made the UPS driver nervous, he'd call for a pickup), but not once did I trigger federal reporting.

If this is for something nefarious, the withdrawing person is either totally stupid or doesn't care. Doesn't care bothers me quite a bit.

-Mal

Banned
    Thanks

These transactions apparently triggered multiple SAR's (Suspicious Activity Reports). Went directly to Treasury Dept. and on to cognizant folks at DHS/FBI/JTTF.

I hope they smiled while on candid camera.

Thanks

Gotta love idjits

-Mal

Thanks

Phil called me about this yesterday. I thought it highly unusual. I know a lot of folks that do business and no one routinely does a day to day 20K transfer like that.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I ultimately called LA FBI. I was a 3rd party to this matter so they requested the person I spoke with call them Monday. I passed that message on.

It may be an anomolous bank day, because statistically anything can happen no matter how rare, and I hope that is truly the case and all this is is an awareness exercise.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Related???

Alert Says 5 Mexicans Headed To S.F. To Sell Explosives To Iraqi
    Despite assurances from government officials that the border with Mexico is secure, a Department of Homeland Security document obtained by the Daily Bulletin reveals that law enforcement officials are seeking five Mexican nationals suspected of bringing explosives into the United States.

The internal "Intelligence Alert" from the Office of Border Patrol -- issued to law enforcement officials Jan. 12 -- stated that the Mexican nationals were heading to San Francisco to sell the explosives.

But Department of Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said the document is an internal memo and that there are doubts to the credibility of the threat.

"There is no reason to believe at this time that there is any specific threat involved," Knocke said. "Anytime there is specific threat information, we share that information with the parties involved."

The department passes on information to state and local authorities anytime there is specific or credible information, Knocke said.

"The intelligence, however, would be provided to state and local authorities through a completely different channel," he said.

The memo detailed specific information regarding San Francisco.

"The source stated that five individuals would attempt entry by foot with an unknown quantity of plastic explosives hidden in the soles of their shoes. The report indicated the group's final destination is San Francisco. Once in the city, they are to sell the explosives to an unknown Iraqi national," the memo stated.

On Jan. 11, at about 5 p.m., Tucson, Ariz.-sector headquarters received information from a "source of unknown reliability" that the five individuals would travel from Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico, en route to Nogales, Sonora, Mexico, according to the document.

The source also stated that the five individuals would be driving in a white Nissan Maxima that has Sonora license plates. The source indicated to law enforcement officials that one of the individuals is named Vicente Banuelos, who is a Mexican citizen from Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico. The intelligence alert asked officials to watch for Banuelos - a photograph and fingerprints of a man by the same name were issued with the alert. But it is uncertain whether those are from the same individual authorities are seeking.

Officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security, would not comment on the documents late Friday evening.

"Our primary mission is to deny terrorists and their weapons from entering our border," said Michael Friels, spokesman with the agency. "As well, we continue our other mission of denying contraband from entering the U.S. Our agents on the front line of America's borders are committed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to protecting this country."

The FBI's San Francisco field office could neither confirm nor deny Friday evening that it had received the alert.

"If DHS has that information, I'm sure they would have forwarded that to us," said a duty agent who would not identify himself. The agent referred questions to a media representative who was unavailable.

Border agents interviewed by the Daily Bulletin said security is so lax along Mexico's frontier that almost anybody can get through.

"The alert is highly detailed, and it shows that our borders are not as safe as the government wants us to believe," said a border agent speaking on condition of anonymity.

Earlier this month, the Daily Bulletin obtained an "officer safety alert" memo, dated Dec. 21, that warned agents that drug and human smugglers intend to bring members of the international Mara Salvatrucha street gang, also known as MS-13, into the country to assassinate border agents.

And Monday, U.S. law enforcement officers in Sierra Blanca, Texas, had an armed standoff with what they believe were Mexican soldiers aiding drug smugglers across the Rio Grande, 50 miles east of El Paso.

Officials have called for investigations into Monday's confrontation, which came on the heels of a Daily Bulletin article that more than 200 incursions into the United States by the Mexican military have been documented over the past 10 years.

The Mexican government denied the incursions and on Thursday suggested that it may be American soldiers dressed as Mexican soldiers aiding the cartels.

Peter Gadiel, whose son James Gadiel, 23, died in the World Trade Center terrorist attack on Sept. 11, 2001, said administration and congressional leaders have abandoned border security.

"The president has said that only migrants are coming over the border to do jobs Americans won't do," Gadiel said. "Smuggling plastic explosives is clearly a job Americans won't do. The situation is so far beyond being absurd, and it looks like it won't change until more American lives are lost."

Gadiel, who testified before the 9/11 commission, said he wants no other family to suffer what he has and that Mexico's border must be secured. "The loss of my son, I can't put that into words," the Connecticut man said. "You simply can't have a border where anybody can cross and expect to have a secure country."

Border-watch activists say they are angry that security has been so lax since the 2001 attacks.

"This same president yesterday morning claimed that his most solemn duty is to protect the American people," said Andy Ramirez, with Friends of the Border Patrol, a Chino-based organization. "Now's his chance."

Banned
    Thanks

Those withdrawals automatically trigger SAR's by the financial institution(s) involved. The threshold is not $10K as commonly accepted - the triggering mechanism is actually a cash withdrawal by an individual of $5,000.00.

Per United States 12 CFR Part 353 Sections 353.3(a) (1), (2), and (3) (Instructions 1. a., b., and c. on the SAR)

If the bank can identify a non-insider suspect, the applicable transaction threshold is $5,000.

In cases in which no suspect can be identified, the applicable transaction threshold increases to $25,000.

In these cases Phil is reporting (third hand) that we have inidivdual cash withdrawals... meaning that the names of individuals on the accounts are known.

Those SAR's go through a secure pipeline known as the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FCEN) to the US Department of the Treasury via the IRS Computing Center in Detroit, MI. The SAR's are then distributed to FBI/DHS and other law enforcement agencies via a similarly secure network.

Background for those with an interest to go below skin deep:

http://www.fincen.gov/sarguidanceofac.pdf

http://www.bankersonline.com/securit...rorfinsar.html

http://www.bankersonline.com/securit...compil_ke.html

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...TICS/601140420

Could this be related to the 5 Mexican nationals and explosives smuggling for sale to an "Iraqi national" (ie: at least one of the withdrawals by an person of arabic or middle eastern origin) ?

Absolutely.

Thanks

Well, this is all supposition still. Until someone SEES this transaction occur, then all we're doing is guessing. However, we might be on to something.

How much would it cost on the blackmarket for explosives?

Not sure, BUT I know that one pound of C4 for instance will absolutely demolish a vehicle. Three or four pounds can annilate the inside of a large area and anything in it.

Five guys carrying the stuff in the soles of their shoes might get a couple pounds across but probably not much more.

Explosive power versus black market cost... I would say it wouldn't be something on the order of "several 20K sums of money".

In other words, perhaps that's too much for the bad guys to pay?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

For the record:

Mohammed Atta dispursed $100K to the 19 men (perhaps others as well) of his cell in the United States just after April 2001.
    The result of that $100K was 9/11.

As this relates to this topic:

How much of the Atta $100K went to pay for the many airline tickets?
    How much for GPS recievers?
    How much for false documentation?
    How much for rental vehicles?
    How much for you-name-it?

The fact is that if the infomation Phil has related is correct - then the authorities are well aware of this. What we are doing is not supposition per se. I think we take Phil's close friend at his word and continue with what so far is damn good intelligence work (or dot connecting as the case may be) with the addition of known quantities, circumstances and facts - along with a really good understanding of how such terrorist cells operate. This is exactly what Uncle is doing at this time with the same and probably more detailed information than we have posted here.

Now we hear in the last 24 hours of four more Iraqi nationals seized by Mexican state police enroute to the US border. These Iraqi's are identified by their names, names which are associated with Iraqi Christian minority - which is quite a meaningless association because the chief spokesperson for Saddam's regime - Tariq Aziz - was a member of the same Christian minority and who gave his allegiance to the Ismalofascist Ba'ath Party.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; January 31st, 2006 at 18:02.

Thanks

Ok, I always have heard that there was originally supposed to be 20 hijackers on 9-11. So lets do some math according to what Sean just posted. Atta had 100,000, divided by 20, comes out to 5,000 per man. Phil, do you know exactly how much money was involved?

Banned
    Thanks

Catfish,

The 20th hijacker is Zacarias Moussaoui.

His indictment is found here:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/moussaouiindictment.htm

Banned
    Thanks

HEADS UP!!!!

Adnan el-Shukrijumah, the Al Qaeda terrorist said to be the "next Mohammed Atta" in waiting, the most wanted terrorist thought to be in or near the US homeland for over a year now was spotted on two occasions in the Bakersfield, California area by a husband and wife.

WANTED

Adnan G. El Shukrijumah

Up to $5 Million Reward

Date of birth: August 4, 1975
    Place of birth: Saudi Arabia
    Height: 5'3" to 5'7"
    Weight: Unknown
    Build: Medium to Heavy
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Black
    Complexion: Olive
    Sex: Male
    Characterisitcs: El Shukrijumah occasionally wears a beard. El Shukrijumah carries a Guyanese passport, but may attempt to enter the U.S. with a Saudi, Canadian, or Trinidadian passport.
    Aliases: Adnan G. El Shukri Jumah; Abu Arif; Ja'far Al-Tayar; Jaffar Al-Tayyar; Jafar Tayar; Jaafar Al-Tayyar
    Adnan G. El Shukrijumah is wanted in connection with possible threats against the United States.
    On March 26, 2003 the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia issued a Material Witness Warrant for his arrest.
    El Shukrijumah is possibly involved with al-Qaeda terrorist activities and, if true, poses a serious threat to U.S. citizens and interests worldwide.

http://www.rewardsforjustice.net/eng...El_Shukrijumah

MORE BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

http://www.michellemalkin.com/archives/000413.htm

HERE'S THE MEAT AND POTATO'S:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49061

Thursday, March 2, 2006

HOMELAND INSECURITY
    Top terrorist sighting raises no FBI interest
    Al-Qaida operative known as 'next Mohamed Atta' spotted in California, law enforcement goes AWOL

Posted: March 2, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Adnan el-Shukrijumah

WASHINGTON – Two Americans believe they have spotted Adnan el-Shukrijumah, the al-Qaida operative identified at "the next Mohamed Atta" at a location near Bakersfield, Calif., but have been unable to get the FBI or Homeland Security to investigate.
    An official report of the sighting of el-Shukrijumah or his "dead-ringer" was filed with an anti-terrorism unit in Kern County.
    The local enforcement officers, including the county sheriff, reportedly neglected to conduct an investigation, despite the $5 million bounty on Shukrijumah's head.
    Several federal officials, including U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., when notified of the incident, opted to turn a blind eye to the situation, even though they were aware that the suspect in question has been described as the most dangerous al-Qaida agent on American soil.
    The eyewitnesses, a husband and wife who wish to remain anonymous for security reasons, say they encountered el-Shukrijumah and other potential al-Qaida operatives, including Aafia Siddiqui, in a small café near Lake Isabella Sept. 7, 2005. They described him as small (approximately 5'4"), thin (about 130 pounds), and clean-shaven with a prominent nose, dark eyes and black hair. They noted that he appeared nervous and spoke English to his Middle Eastern companions without an accent.

They were able to identify the individual as Adnan el-Shukrijumah from a mug-shot that appeared on the front pages of newspapers throughout the country when he became the subject of a BOLO (Be-on-the-lookout) report that was issued jointly by FBI Director Robert Mueller and former Attorney General John Ashcroft at a national press conference March 21, 2004.
    The couple became more convinced that the figure in question was the elusive terrorist after reading "The Al Qaeda Connection" by Paul L. Williams, a WND contributor and former FBI consultant.
    Several weeks later, they spotted the suspects near the same location and managed to jot down their license numbers.
    In compliance with the BOLO report, they made their way to the office of Sheriff Mack Wimbish in Kern County, where they say they filed an official report and were told the anti-terrorism unit would contact them in the immediate future.
    But nothing happened.
    They received neither a visit nor a phone call from anyone in the sheriff's office.
    Believing the matter to be of utmost urgency, they sent a letter to Williams at the address of his New York publisher. The letter dated Dec. 9, 2005, was not received by Williams, who lives in northeast Pennsylvania, until Feb. 9, 2006.
    The letter, in part, reads:
    "Mr. Williams:
    "I don't know whether to 'thank you' or 'damn you' for enlightenment about our total lack of national security – this being the conclusion after reading and re-reading 'The Al Qaeda Connection.'
    "Upon compiling as much pertinent information as possible [including license numbers], copies were delivered personally to Sheriff Mark Wimbish on Oct. 7, 2005 ... and have had no response from Sheriff Wimbish [or] his anti-terrorism unit.
    "Your chapter titled 'Too Little, Too Late' seems to sum up the deplorable state of those who are suppose to be protecting the USA, coupled with being 'tolerant.' ...
    "Bakersfield in Kern County is also this nation's largest producer of crystal meth, with an alarming growth in numbers of Middle Eastern residents. Los Angeles is supposed to have the largest population of Persians (Iranians). ...
    "Reporting the terrorists was the right and responsible thing to do; however, we have now become fearful for our lives."
    Williams, upon contacting the witnesses and verifying their account, called Specter's office. But, he says, no one from Specter's office bothered to respond to his message even though he had stated the importance of the matter to national security.

Several days later, Williams says he made contact with Joe Ronsisvalle at the FBI in Birmingham and was told that Special Agent John Giacalone from the Philadelphia office would contact him within a matter of minutes.
    Minutes passed into hours. Hours turned into days. Days turned into weeks. But neither Giacalone nor any agent in charge of the el-Shukrijumah case bothered to call Williams – not even to obtain the names of the witnesses or cursory information about the alleged sighting.
    The lack of response, Williams says, is completely incongruous with the statements of Mueller and Ashcroft, the issuance of the BOLO, the posting of the $5 million reward, and the FBI's continuous requests for any information regarding el-Shukrijumah.
    In frustration, with the help of Jeff Epstein of the People's Truth Forum, Williams made contact with Rep. Ileana Ross-Lehtinen, R-Fla., who suggested going to the media with the story rather than offering government assistance.
    El-Shukijumah and the others mentioned in the BOLO remain at large. And, at this writing, the witnesses to the sighting have yet to be contacted by the FBI or any law enforcement official.

Thanks

One would think that Phil would present these photos, or simply this thread to his contact.

-Mal

Banned
    Thanks

I do not know what bank Phil was refering to in his original post.

However, knowing that Phil is still in the LA area causes me to do simple math regarding this thread topic (1+1=2 means suspected terrorist financial activity and a known terrorist leader within a short driving distance within about 30 days time = trouble).
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; March 4th, 2006 at 14:25.

Thanks

These insurgents are removing to the fullest extent possible all earth grounding copper from these 161,000 volt and higher substations. There is zero mainstream media attention being paid to these terrorist activites. Z E R O.
    This is a specific and verifiable action.

How can we learn more about this and if this is occuring? Do you have further information on this that's public?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua
    This is a specific and verifiable action.

How can we learn more about this and if this is occuring? Do you have further information on this that's public?
    Ditto here, please elaborate. I would like to have some proof of this as I have two very close relatives working in the "power business" and have heard nothing from either.

21. March 3rd, 2006, 03:41

Reason
    Moved to Suspicious Activity: US Electrical Power Substations thread

Thread Information