Thread: The hypocrisy of NASCAR

Thanks

Default The hypocrisy of NASCAR

With the recent suspension of driver Jeremy Mayfield for an as of yet unreported "drug" violation, I have began to notice many hypocrisys in one of my favorite sports.

Suposedly born from the transportation of illegal alcohol, the sport until recently would not allow "hard" liquor to sponsor race teams. Beer companies were OK evidently, as in Budwieser, Coors, Miller, yet no hard liquor. The Minor league as it were was named the Busch Cup, while the Winston Cup was the premium championship. I guess RJ Reynolds was not deemed "family friendly" anymore.

With drivers such as Carl Edwards hawking Claritin-D, which is as I understand on the list of prohibited substances, and the Wallace family pushing 5 hour performance enhancing juice, hypocricy seems to be reaching a new level.

I understand that piloting a ton and a half machine at 200 mph along with 42 other racers then trying to turn left is rather risky. I would not be in favor of racers injesting alcohol, meth, herion or cocain and getting behind the wheel.

NASCAR management seems to have quite a bit of flexibility in the rules when they pertain to certain racing familes. Yet they plead zero tolerence to drugs against other folks.

Maybe it is the bad economy, falling ticket sales, or lack of business financing, but for any sport to grow I feel the rules should be uniform for all.

Rant over, thank you for your time.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Default Re: The hypocrisy of NASCAR

I agree, more of this story needs to come out. I hope it does. Has Mayfield, or his owner, said anything about this????

ev

Thread Information