Thread: Ronald Wilson Reagan Statue unveiled today

Thanks

Default Ronald Wilson Reagan Statue unveiled today

Ronald Wilson Reagan Statue unveiled today at the capitol building in Washington DC.

Nancy Reagan and James Baker were two of the people who unveiled the statue. Mrs. Reagan thanked Nancy Pelosi for "putting this all together".

Nancy is looking very, very old, and is about a month from her 88th birthday. She was a scary woman in my day, but old and frail now and without her partner. However scary she might have been, she was still a good woman and protective of "Ronnie".

The statue was very cool, and caught the absolute BEST of Ronald Reagan's smile something that was catching when you were around him. I still miss my job there, and I miss him.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Ronald Wilson Reagan Statue unveiled today

I was watching it on Fox and hoping the statue would come alive with the spirit of RR and smash Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi who were both there.

Thanks

I sure wish we had the Gipper now.

May God forever bless President Reagan.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

I guess I hadn't seen Nancy in a while, she was looking very frail.

Thanks

Ronald Reagan dies, June 5, 2004
    http://www.oregonlive.com ^ | Friday June 05, 2009, 2:43 AM On this day in 2004, Ronald Reagan, the nation’s 40th president, died at age 93 after a long struggle with Alzheimer’s disease. Most historians give Reagan good marks for having lifted American confidence and for having managed the Cold War conflict with Soviets in its later stages.

Before embarking on a political career that brought him to the White House in 1981, Reagan spent two decades in Hollywood. Although he never became a top movie star, he appeared in more than 50 films and several television programs. His nickname “the Gipper” came about from his having played Notre Dame football star George “the Gipper” Gipp in the 1940 film “Knute Rockne: All American.”

In contrast to his friend Jimmy Stewart, who rose from private to colonel during World War II, Reagan couldn’t perform combat duty because of his poor eyesight. Beginning in 1942, he made military training films until his discharge in 1945.

During the late 1940s, Reagan became more politically conservative, influenced by his father-in-law, Loyal Davis, a wealthy Chicago neurosurgeon. In 1947, he testified before the House Un-American Activities Committee on communist penetration of the film industry. Reagan was president of the Screen Actors Guild from 1947 to 1952 and again from 1959 to 1960.

After leaving the Oval Office in 1989, Reagan moved to the Los Angeles area, often spending time at his California ranch, Rancho del Cielo. In November 1994, he revealed that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Reagan wrote: “I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead.”

After a state funeral in Washington, Reagan was buried at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif. His wife, Nancy, still lives in California.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information