Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2009-2010 Season

Thanks

Default NFL 2009-2010 Season

And it's time once again for an exciting season of Football.

This off season has been interesting to say the least. Jay Cutler going to the Bears while Denver continues it's own quest for the perfect 0-16 season out of possible jealousy of Detroit is mind blowing. Gotta wonder if the Cheatriot's Coordinator that is now Denver's HC is maybe helping out his old mentor in these latest moves. I mean I've seen some boneheaded moves over the four decades I've followed this sport but this new Head Coach is a head scratcher.

Let's see now... We also have CJ from the Bengals saying he will be living with Carson Palmer who rightfully suggests this is would only happen if CJ pays his mortgage each month. CJ always was more mouth than brains, but then they didn't hire him for his lack luster IQ. His going back to his roots in training for the upcoming season however is a positive note and if he can just keep his mouth in neutral we might see good numbers from him this season. The Bengals also allowed TJ to leave for the west coast and that too was a smart move. I've always said that the CJ - TJ duo needed split up before the Bengals would have a chance.

Dallas Parted ways with NFL Crybaby extrodinare T.O. in favor of Romo having a a chance at reaching the Super Bowl instead of getting constant headaches on the sidelines. Maybe Jerry Jones, the team owner has figured out that throwing money at these malcontent babies, no matter how talented, is a bad idea. I look for dallas to certainly compete in their division this season.

On the other side of that Coin, WTF Buffalo? T.O.? Seriously? Well it will get that team some news coverage if nothing else.

My Beloved Steelers kept the main part of their team intact in hopes of making another Super Bowl Bid. I'm doubtful they get a seventh ring but then I doubted they'd get the sixth last season. Arizona on the flip of that issue also could prove dominating in their division especially when you consider the other teams they share their division with. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see another Steelers-Arizona Super Bowl this year.

The Cheatriots (Patriots for you fans), Got rid of Cassell in their bid to make everyone understand that Tom Brady is still their QB. While Brady has certainly proven his merit over the years by a wide margin I'm not sure that was the best move they could make. I feel badly for Cassell though going to the Chiefs. It takes more than a good QB to make a team competitive. But at least they're working at making their team better and it does all start with the QB. We'll see is my stance there.

How about them Browns? Donte Stallworth in a hit and run DUI gets a slap on the wrist but the NFL suspends him indefinately. That DUI thing seems to be a big past time in Ohio. I knew the state sucked even though two of our more active members are from there. But seriously... Is the state really so boring that drinking is the only real viable hobby for people living there? Yes I know that other players around the league have DUI's on their records, but Ohio teams seem to be looking to be tops in something so why not drunk driving?

I was watching the NFL network the other day when one of their Players-turned-broadcaster mentioned that they think the Seahawks will be a dominating force this year in the NFC... Perhaps the drug testing should extend beyond their announcement of retirement. The Seahawks had their last chance in 2005 and now have entered a major rebuild time. It'll be 3 to 5 years before they can truely be considered competitive in the NFC... But considering their division mates in all fairness, I'd say their a chance they could take their division a couple times in that period if Arizona doesn't dominate it.

Vikings are signing Farve, No they're not interested... Wait... He's talking about playing for the Vikes... No he's retired... Wait... There's talk of a contract... No nothing is filed... Brett Farve should have retired from the Packers and called it a great Hall of Fame career, but now he's starting to be the butt of a lot of jokes around the league. Personally I think he plays one more lack luster year for the Vikings before finally hanging it up. Either way I've read and seen enough news about Brett Farve to last me a lifetime. Besides... That division will likely be owned by the Bears this year. Great moves and a solid draft in the offseason will see that bear fruit.

The Question of Atlanta and Baltimore... Two rookie coaches with rookie QBs that dominated in game time last year. Will they repeat? No one really expected them to have the year they had. It's a hard one to say. Both have the basic cores of their teams intact and could easily make their way deep into playoff territory again this season. I tend to lean more towards so-so sophmore seasons though. But in all fairness, I believe I said the Ravens had no chance to raise above the bottom of their division last season. Boy was I wrong.

How will Detroit make sure everyone knows they are the absolute worst team in the history of the sport this year? After going 0-16 they must be frantic to find another way to fail even bigger. Perhaps they will ask the Obamanites for a Bailout with more of our tax monies so they can stay afloat since I don't exactly imagine many jerseys are selling at this point. If the NFL is still looking at moving a team to L.A. then they have to seriously consider this one.

Will Tennessee repeat this year as the most dominate of the teams? No. Pretty simple answer there. Things just happen to work out for them last year, but in truth they're a so-so team with a couple of very talent players. They've a lot of in house problems to deal with on top of that. I believe the division will go back to Indy this season even without Tony Dungy at the helm. Manning can pretty much run that offense in his sleep.

So my choice for the Super Bowl early on this year is Pittsburgh Vs. Arizona in a repeat. Had they had significant changes to their teams in the offseason I probably wouldn't have went with one or both. Teams from the AFC I see that could supplant Pittsburgh are the Cheatriots, Colts, or maybe even the Ravens. Teams in the NFC that could supplant the Cards are Dallas, Chicago, or possibly the Giants.

Those are my picks before the season starts and I reserve the right to change my mind as the season progresses and I'm proven grossly wrong. However, should I be proven right, then it's just pure genius on my part.

Lets get the Season under way.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: NFL 2009-2010 Season

Gaaahhh! You Pitsburgh loving bastard! You beat me to starting this thread! I was just thinking about getting it going on 7/4 the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    That DUI thing seems to be a big past time in Ohio. I knew the state sucked even though two of our more active members are from there. But seriously... Is the state really so boring that drinking is the only real viable hobby for people living there?
    This is O.H.I.O. you are talking about here. (Note, 3 ill smilies to thoroughly express my distaste!) The only redeeming qualities of this place are the Bengals, the Reds, Ohio State, and semi-decent gun laws. In fact, Cincy now boasts the nation's most dangerous neighborhood!

Thanks

I too can hardly wait for the season to begin. Ms' Luke however is somewaht less excited.
    I believe that my Chiefs will be much improved, perhaps winning as many as 4 games. Whoo Hooo.

In all seriousness, if that is a word, the amazing Lukadamus perdicts the Chiefs to win the AFC west!

As much as it pains me to write this I percieve the Dallass Cowboys to play the Cardinals in the NFC Champiionship game, with Dallas winning.

In the AFC it looks to me like Steelers against Colts with the Colts on top.

Cowboys vs Colts in Superbowl. The score will 0 to 0 before the start of the game/ Looks like the Cowboys have more points at the end of the game. I feel ill.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

That division will likely be owned by the Bears this year.

please, really? cutler will still have a hangover when he takes his snaps. plus who is he going to throw to? nobody, that's who.

bears: 8-8 at best, if they get incredibly lucky. more like 7-9

detroilet: new dudes, same team. stafford gets destroyed early and often. 3-13

pack: 9-7, good draft for them. ARodg looked a little flighty last year, not expecting that to change anytime soon.

vikes: good draft for the purple. last year, they win the division without a qb. this year, they may get one. vikes with sage or tjoke : 10-6. vikes with favre: 13-3.

the vikings will be hard to contain with BF because opposing teams won't be able to go 8 in the box to stop AP all the time. Favre will scorch them with short slants.

take that bears fans!

Thanks

I am dissapointed that the Colts were not mentioned here. Sure, the Colts will miss Dungy, but midway through the season the Colts will fire the new HC (Jim Caldwell) and hire Peyton Manning. Manning will be the first Head Coach and QB to win a Super Bowl. It is going to be great.

May I add that I hope the Steelers make it to the AFC Championship game. It will be fun watchin' Manning whoop up on the Steelers.

Oh yea, I got one more prediction. Steve McNair will make a comeback and he will either be hot as hell or he won't do no wrong. Great fantasy pick this year. Take him in the first round.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

This thread is timely because I have been watching the NFL Channel for the last three days. Everytime I turned on the news they had mj stuff and I am sick of it. So, I put it on the NFL Channel and it hasn't come off in three days.

Let me know when the news is 'normal' again.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

The Bears will have a better season than the vikings. Just saying. And it's not just because of Jay Cutler. Though he is a big part of their offense now.

Colts are an interesting team this year. On the one hand you have no Dungy but on the other you still have Peyton. On the one hand you have Tennessee as division champions and on the other you have Tennessee having had a fluke season in a lot of ways. Morale is everything here. And both teams are going to take a morale hit. I do agree that Peyton would make a fine coach, but I think he's mentioned being drawn towards a future acting career. In the end I don't see the Colts winning the division back this year, but I see them being competitive. Considering the high win teams in the AFC, there's no guarantee of a wild card either. (though I think they get one).

New England had several hits to their team this off season but they'll get Tom Brady back. Should be interesting in that division this season.

As for K.C. winning the west?... Why not? Denver pretty much stated with the Jay Cutler trade that they envy Detroits 0-16 record. The Chargers are great one year and goats the next. And the Raiders will suck for all the years it takes to get the team away from nut job Davis. We could actually see a Division winner this year with under an 8-8 record. That's just sad.

Pittsburgh will win their division again this season as I said above and likely will get to the AFC Championship. Ravens could easily get the second wild card. I only favor them and Arizona for the Super Bowl because they not only went to the Super Bowl but they managed to keep their core team intact during the off season. I suppose any fan can state a case for their team and should, but in when I write about predictions I look at everything and whilst it pains me I can point to Carson Palmer as a Pro Bowl Pick with Big Ben being passed over. But I think Carson would rather have Ben's two rings any day.

The Vikes have a serious illness they've had since their four Super Bowl Losses 2 and three decades ago. They shoot themselves in the foot when it counts the most. The Packers are growing a team around Aaron Rodgers and the Bears picked up EXACTLY the kind of QB they've been needing. Detroit makes football teams about as good as they make cars these days. So I think Chicago will win this division. It will be close but they will win it.

As for Steve McNair... He was a good man and a good player. He was cast from a similar mold as was Warren Moon. Putting aside personal rough spots here and there that amounted to nothing, and he was a decent roll model for young people. You can't say this about many players in sports today. I used rant against him when Pittsburgh faced off against the Titans twice a year before the reformation of the divisions, but I always grudgingly gave him his kudos. He was HoF material from his first day. I sincerely hope his family finds some comfort and peace when this circus surrounding him ends.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Thanks

I play fantasy football, so I have a few questions:

Will Cutler raise the play of Hester?

Will Owens raise the play of Edwards?

Will Moss and Brady be the top connection for QBs and WRs?

With TJ gone in Cincy, will Ocho Cinco see more passes and will he and Carson be of any value?

Will Peterson win the rushing title or LT? Or any other?

What kind of value will Reggie Bush have?

Can Arron Rodgers be a high value QB?

Who will have the top rated Defense this year?

There are a few questions I have. I have more, but I don't want to go over board.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

I play fantasy football, so I have a few questions:

Will Cutler raise the play of Hester?

Modestly yes. Not too much so though.

Will Owens raise the play of Edwards?

Nope. Owens is talented but he can't stop INTs and bad passes.

Will Moss and Brady be the top connection for QBs and WRs?

Possible. Really depends on Brady's comfort after his injury and rehab.

With TJ gone in Cincy, will Ocho Cinco see more passes and will he and Carson be of any value?

Yes and no. Ocho will see more passes come his way, but he and Carson aren't best pals and they have other weapons.

Will Peterson win the rushing title or LT? Or any other?

Peterson unless he gets hurt.

What kind of value will Reggie Bush have?

Middle to high middle value.

Can Arron Rodgers be a high value QB?

Not this season.

Who will have the top rated Defense this year?

Steelers... Who else?

That's probably the best I can answer those questions. Like any predictions they're only brilliant if I'm right. If I'm wrong it's Ryan's fault. (his site)... I'm not really a fan of fantasy football to be honest. Probably because I never took the time to really explore it. But I do have a basic understanding of how it all works. If you're looking for a surprise this year, it's unlikely to be much different than last. Only difference is Tom Brady should have good numbers if he remains healthy. And I'd definately bank on Peterson being more productive than LT this year. LT is getting on in years and his productivity is bound to plummet eventually. They always do.

If you can get one of these QBs you should be alright... Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Jay Cutler. They all have consistantly high numbers. Carson Palmer is 50/50 to be honest. Some years he's stellar and others he's a goat. WR I'd look at some of last year's youngens. RB from Falcons, Cowboys, Jags or Vikes. And for Defense, I'd go with anyone from the Eagles or Steelers though there are some standouts with other teams like Joey Porter with Miami and a couple from the Cowboys.

BTW New Guy... It's been awhile since I've posted much so I forgot to use smile faces and such in my previous post where I was messing with you about the vikes. My best friend I grew up with is a huge Vikings fan and I give him crap all the time. In all seriousness, While their draft may have been decent, we won't really know that for a couple of years since most won't start. Right now figure on them being depth. Now it's possible one or two may get the start but I wouldn't expect a lot out of them this season. The Vikings have a half way decent defense overall and a damn good one vs. the run. On offense they have likely the best running back in the NFL today IMO. But without a solid QB the offense will have to rely on the defense to win games for them. Ok. So the Steelers did just that all the way to the Super Bowl last year right? Well... Big Ben made game winning final drives in 6 regular season games and in the Super Bowl. The QB is important.

I Think if the Vikings get a healthy Brett Farve they may have a good shot at winning their division. Without him, not so good. But it's apples and oranges to Jay Cutler and the Bears. Jay isn't nearly as respected as Farve. Not even close there. But he has the sheer numbers to impress any Fantasy Football player. Chicago has some decent WRs and TEs for him to throw to also. Their defense is their biggest question mark. On a good year they're stifling. On a bad year Detroit can run on them. So based on all that I give Chicago the edge. But if I'm wrong... Hey it's Ryan's fault. Remember?

Last edited by Brian Baldwin; July 9th, 2009 at 19:53. Reason: spelling error
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

I like Turner from Atlanta. I would like to see him get the ball 25 plus times a game though.

I picked Brady number one last year and he got hurt. I still made the playoffs because I platooned favorable QB matchups. Eventually, I paid though. I am kinda afraid to take him number one again. I will probably go RB if I have a top pick. I like Peterson. He has a favorable run schedule this year too. I also like Forte in Chicago. Do you think he will have a Sophmore jinks? I think he is tuff. He can catch balls out of the backfield and he has great vision. I may be mistaken, but I think he has the stuff that is hard to coach. And I haven't checked it yet, but in the past few years, the Bears have had a pretty good offensive line when it comes to running the football. What are your thoughts on Forte?

I like the Eagles D. They blitz early and often. Kinda like an ACORN voter votes. I like the Giants D too. I think Baltimore lost a key player or two and Ray is a year older. With Merryman coming back, what do you think of the Chargers defense this year?

What about Portis? great year, good year, bad year?

Steven Jackson?

What about Roy Williams?

Ever hear of a Super Bowl losers jinx? Seems like a lot of team who lose the Super Bowl are out of step the following year. Patriots lost to the Giants after not losing a game and had a bad year last year. The Bears lost to the Colts and had a bad year. The Seahawks lost to the Steelers and had a bad following year. The Eagles had bad year after the PAts beat them. Same goes for the Panthers. I cant say for sure about the Raiders, but I think they had a bad year after the Bucs beat them. And I am pretty sure that the Rams have not been the same since the Pats started their dynasty. And I'll bet you could go back and check it and see others teams had bad years after losing the Super Bowl. I think Arizona has a lot of talent, but I can see them having a bad year.

Note:
    Aug 9 Hall of Fame Game Bills VS Titans

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Beetle... Turner from Atlanta is a good mid round choice but Peterson is certainly first round. Some of what I've read show him going first overall in many fantasy drafts. Brady is still a solid choice even though he got injured this past season. I'd still likely go Manning or Brees or Cutler if possible should you get peterson. We'll have to see about Forte... He'll see a few more touches this season while Cutler slides into comfort in Chicago. He's certainly one of the weapons I mentioned earlier. It'll also depend on how well his style is to defend after all these teams watch so much tape on him. Cutler likes to spread out his passes so I doubt he ends up with a go to guy unless he's left with little option. Giants D is no where near as good as the Eagles without Strahan IMHO. And the Steelers easily edge them out there. Ravens you're right about. But I've counted their D out before to my chagrin. Never know with Baltimore.

Portis? I really think his career is winding down. He may disagree but proof is up to him. Steven Jackson... ehhh. Would help if he had a good team around him. Roy Williams might be a pretty good pick considering he has to field a boat load of Romo passes this season. Cowboys' TE will see a lot too though.

I know of the Super Bowl Jinx. I really just am not the superstitious type though. The Jinx is really just allowing the glammor of going to the Super Bowl coupled with the depression of the loss get your team down. Considering their team has several Steelers Super Bowl vets and coaches I doubt Arizona suffers that. However... Doesn't mean they will make it back this season. They're a completely different Cardinals team under the Bidwell Son. I think we'll see them make it to the playoffs again. But I only picked them as a favorite because until the season is under way we have no way of knowing who's going to step up early. (Hard lesson from past seasons' predictions on my part)

Chargers D is only So-So IMO. Yes I know they have "Lights Out" Merriman. But look at all the best defenses in the history of the game. Steel Curtain had about 8 guys of that caliber. Ravens too. Eagles? Same. And Blitzburgh... Again more than a hand full of guys that impact the game. It takes more than one or two good defensive players to make a defense dominate. It's one reason I don't think Baltimore will be as effective this season.

One note here on defenses... A team like Washington or Dallas can throw giant money at getting some great defensive players and still suck. The reason is because they should be throwing money at great Defensive Coordinators. Dick LeBeau is universally accepted as the best in Football. His Fire Zone defense is now used in more High Schools and Colleges than any other type. Jim Johnson of the Eagles employs his version of this very defense. I'd love to see a defense these two collaborated on. They'd all wrack up so many fines for hard hits it'd be comical. But it'd bring back the hard nosed football we all fell in love with years ago. Unfortunately though, DCs don't always shine as Head Coaches. It's kind of weird but it's a fact. Del Rio of the Jags hasn't nearly been the genius he was declared as a DC and LeBeau left Cincy and Buffalo after failing in those places to go back to being Pittsburgh DC. Has Never entertained another offer from another team since either. Of Course he's over 70. (Looks younger than me though)

I wrote a pretty good article about LeBeau's life and career over at a fan site I write for. I'll add a link if you're interested in just reading about one of the best players/coaches to be in the game. I've written several articles and interviews for them about football. http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ad.php?t=16672
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

I think it is true that teams get down after a SB loss. The emotion of going to the big one is huge enough and then to have to deal with losing it. Also, the extra games being played takes a toll on the players. A toll every player is willing to pay, but I think it does have an effect. If the Cardinals stay healthy, they will contend.

Peterson and LT will go 1 and 2 in most all drafts. I like Manning chances this year. He has a favorable pass schedule. (Of course, those schedule rating numbers are from last year. But you said earlier that not much has change). I like to consider SOS (Strength of Schedule) when I am drafting. It effects my decision. One year I played in three leagues and I got a lot of players on those teams who had nice schedules and I won the League Super Bowl in two of those three leagues (and I made the playoffs in all three leagues). Sometimes, you will see players who had a good year one year and the next year flop. I think a lot of that has to do with SOS and teams who figure out how to stop you. It is a copy cat league and once one teams gets it, the next team will also get it.

Do you like any rookies this year? Any rookie players out there who can make an immediate impact?

I can't believe I am going to a steeleraddicts web page. I am still pist from the lose against the Steelers in the NFC Championship game when the Colts had Jim Harbough.

Well, I am glad I read your article. It was very good. I learned a lot. It was a nice history leason with a tribute to a great man. Although, I feel like a traitor going to steeleraddicts.com. Maybe a shower will help? ;-)

Thanks for the conversations and knowledge. It is that time of year that I start to gather data for the season. Two years ago, I profited over 700 bucks. Last year I was off because of injuries. This year, I will retake the hill. Winners never quit. Quitters never win. And I will never quit winning.

Thanks again,
    Beetle

Hey liberal!

Thanks

I am sorry, that should be AFC Championshi game. Funny how you re-read your stuff and you find errors. To bad I don't do that before I post.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Like I said, too bad I don't re-read before I post.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

As for rookies? I see some tackles and ends that look decent enough to start, but for the most part I personally thought this draft was a bit anemic. We know it's likely the top three QBs will start at some point this season. Just don't know why. It'd be better to bring in a long in the tooth veteran for a season to mentor them rather than baptize them by fire. But as you said above, its a copy cat league and two rookie QBs had good seasons last year.

Manning should have a good year if his receivers are all on the same page. To be perfectly honest, I think Brady is going to be slightly better this season. Not to mention Matt Cassel in KC. My tendancy is to believe him a flash in the pan that got full advantage of an already seasoned team. Though something is telling me to watch him this season. You should try to draft him as a back up if you can and if someone doesn't first round him.

If You can't get one of the top QBs, WRs or RBs in the first round then you should probably go with second tier. Atlanta, Dallas, Jacksonville, and the Saints all have almost-elite Running Backs you can choose from. Cassel, Ryan, and Flacco for QB are possibilities. Roy Williams, Santonio Holmes, and Marquee Colston are decent choices for WR. But unless you're just plain unlucky you should be able to get at least one top tier player for some position on your first pick.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Talking Re: NFL 2009-2010 Season

I have never had a rookie QB on my team. You need consistency and I just don't think rookie QBs are the most consistent. I like rookie RBs, but I usually wait for a shinning moment or two before I get serious about picking them off the waiver. I stay awy from rookie WRs for the most part. When there is a receiver coming out of college that is worthy, I take a look. I did pick Colston off the waiver his rookie year. In one of my leagues, he was listed as TE/WR and I could play him in the TE position. So, I look for shinning moments from rookies. If I have someone on the team who is under performing, I will take a chance and grab them off the waiver wire.

Do I owe you any consulting fees? How about a tip?

Best tip I can give anyone is this:

buy lotsa ammo

Which reminds me of the a a Mafia Don's advice to his grand son. The Don was on his death bed and he asked to see the oldest grandson. He tells the kid the he wants him to take his 38 and learn how to use it. The kid tells his grandpa that he dont want a gun, he wants his rolex watch. The Grandfather says, 'lissina sona, youa gunna havea lotsa money, a pretty wifea, and maybe lotsa bambinos. Anda onea day, you'rea gunna come homea and finda your wifea ina beda with another mana. Whata you gunna doa? Pointa ata young watcha and saya timesa upa'?

Sorry 'bout that.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

LOL. Funny joke.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Time again for predictions with opening day starting tomorrow the 10th. And that will be the game I start off with. My current record this year is 0-0.

Tennessee at Pittsburgh:

Thursday night on NFL Network if you're lucky enough to get the channel. Probably one of this season's games to watch. A lot of people are more interested in this rematch from last season than they would be with the Cardinals and Steelers. Tennessee came from the cellar to being first seed in the playoffs in one season. In their meeting last season to determine who would get home field throughout the playoffs, Tennessee soundly beat the Steelers. Many thought they'd meet again in the playoffs but the Titans lost to the Ravens and the Steelers then beat the Ravens and went on to win their 6th Super Bowl. Tennessee has a middle ranked offense and middle ranked defense yet they won many games. Pittsburgh had a crappy offense and the top rated defense Yet could not hold back the Titans when it counted. I think it's possible that this will be the case again this year. While I think it's a coin flip who wins, I think the Steelers will lose in the end since they're still riding high on their Lombardy.

Tennessee 24 - Pittsburgh 17

Chicago at Green Bay:

This game intrigues me. We're talking about two of the old time hard knock teams of old and both coming into this season better set than the season before. This obviously isn't a rare game in that these teams face each other twice each season, but it's still interesting when one considers the off season each team had. It really comes down to the two Quarterbacks in the end though and Chicago's acquisition of Jay Cutler will certainly give Green Bay something to study film over. Green Bay's QB has only improved over last season, and while he's no Brett Favre, he is certainly a capable quarterback. Another coin flip game that could go either way in scoring high or low, but I think Chicago will pull this one off at the end.

Chicago 27 - Green Bay 21

The rest of the games.

Miami at Atlanta - Miami
    Kansas City at Baltimore - Baltimore
    Philadelphia at Carolina - Philadelphia
    Denver at Cincinnati - Cincinnati
    Minnesota at Cleveland - Minnesota
    New York Jets at Houston - Houston
    Jacksonville at Indianapolis - Indianapolis
    Detroit at New Orleans - New Orleans
    Dallas at Tampa Bay - Dallas
    San Francisco at Arizona - Arizona
    Washington at New York Giants - New York Giants
    St. Louis at Seattle - Seattle
    Buffalo at New England - New England
    San Diego at Oakland - San Diego
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

I ended up going 10-6 last week. Not great, but not too bad either. Let's see if I can do better this week. Here's this week's picks.

Carolina at Atlanta - Atlanta
    New Orleans at Philadelphia - New Orleans (total coin flip choice)
    St. Louis at Washington - Washington
    Houston at Tennessee - Tennessee
    New England at New York Jets - New England
    Cincinnati at Green Bay - Green Bay
    Arizona at Jacksonville - Jacksonville
    Oakland at Kansas City - Kansas City
    Minnesota at Detroit - Minnesota
    Tampa Bay at Buffalo - Tampa Bay
    Seattle at San Francisco - Seattle
    Pittsburgh at Chicago - Pittsburgh
    Baltimore at San Diego - Baltimore
    Cleveland at Denver - Denver
    New York Giants at Dallas - Dallas
    Indianapolis at Miami - Indianapolis
    Brian Baldwin

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Should have been 11-5 last week Brian except for that freakish loss of Cincinnati to Denver.

I was actually there (scored some free tickets last minute but missed the first quarter and a half because of work) and I'll tell you two things:

1) That game was a snooze-fest except for the last half quarter. It wasn't until then that the Bengals woke up and started playing like the team they are.
    2) When that under 30 seconds left score happened by Denver, it was like a gut punch and the stadium went almost silent when it happened. Everyone thought that game was wrapped up.

I've got some pics I snapped with my cell phone but have been way too busy to post them. Hopefully I'll get them up tonight or tomorrow.

Thread Information