Thread: Question: Anyone else get sick in the last few days?

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Question: Anyone else get sick in the last few days?

Hi all,

Tuesday afternoon, I fell sick like a ton of bricks hitting my belly. Wednesday I hardly could think and it carried til Thursday in this way until today I feel almost ok.

It was something I never experienced and was just tired as could be. Well, I am still tired but feel a lot better.

Symptoms: Belly tightness, Aches, fogged vision, unclear memory, fatigue. I had also been unable to muster the focus or strength to carry on conversations of length.

I came across 2 others who experienced this locally at about the same time.

I am wondering if anyone else had similar in this period. The reason being, it makes no sense to me to feel fine then suddenly be in immediate racking pain that forced me to lay down but be unable to sleep that first day.

No viral or bacterial illness I ever had has done this to me, so I am trying to figure out what the heck it was.

Thanks

Default Re: Question: Anyone else get sick in the last few days?

I have been feeling as fine as frog hair.

Ain't never seen frog hair? Well, that is how fine it is.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't handle the truth!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'm feeling just peachy...a bit sore from up and down the ladder painting the house but otherwise nary an issue.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Been tiling and grouting the new kitchen floor. So my knees are having a biznitch of a day, but otherwise I'm good.

Thanks

Perhaps you have fallen victim to swine flu? When my sister came down with West Nile she had similar symptons. Suffering from chronic back pain I can honestly say I feel your pain. Were you outdoors more before this sickness? Allergies can strike out of the blue at anytime.

As to your question, yes as a matter of fact Ms. Luke had very similar symptons last month. One day she felt fine, the next day like crap. Lasted about 2 weeks. Being more stubborn than me she refused to see doctor, so we have no idea what was the cause of the illness.

Hope you get to feeling better.
    Luke
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the input folks. I am feeling much better, save for a need of a massage for my right shoulder. That relieved would make me feel almost 100%.

I addressed this question because of several people I have come across who either themself or a cared for one also got sick in the Northern Virginia to Upstate New York areas.

I too thought of H1N1, but discounted it due to the symptoms being different. My work has a program developed to battle H1N1 should it break out farther and as such, we have had information available to us.

I am glad all here are well, and I am now among that group so far as that weird whammo of a sickness. I was described as looking like ashen crap last Wednesday morning, so yeah, I am better

Thanks

I have a headache that started yesterday morning.

Wife has already been exposed to the swine flu up at the Academy. I think we both already had it though a few weeks back. With luck, we did.

There have been a LOT of people with the flu around here - but very few (read almost zero) have been confirmed. Talking with some medical folks I know they say that UNLESS someone goes into the hospital, they won't confirm anything and the chances are HIGH that a large population has already been infected.

The fact they put people in isolation at a military installation is simply a "scare" thing for the public. Not intentional, but it scares people.
    Libertatem Prius!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

I called in sick Monday 6 July, and should have stayed home on Tuesday also; I felt like hammered dog shit.

Massive headaches, cold sweats, cold clammy pale skin - and you gotta remember I was on the roof of a bldg, and the temp in the shade was over 100.

Guys at work were telling me, "go home, we'll survive just fine."

Of course they would, but I toughed it out. By Thurs morning, I was fine.

Weird stuff.

Thanks

Im getting something. toughing out today, and its employee appreciation day tomorrow so paid half day. i think i am getting a variation of the flu. not many cases of the swine flu locally thank god.

Im dizzy, my stomach is a wreck and i have no energy. WALKING through cube farms is hard, and i usually wrack up over 10 miles on foot a day, with people having problems keeping up. so, its unusual to be this fatigued.

I have no apetite, and a couple other symptoms. im out of breathe constantly too, which is seriously out of character. ive heard that the flu is going around lately, and now i beleive it. i feel like $#i!

Ev
    Last edited by eversman; July 15th, 2009 at 21:05.

Thread Information