Thread: G.I. Joe Director: This is Not a George Bush Movie

Thanks

Default G.I. Joe Director: This is Not a George Bush Movie

Coming soon to a theatre near you.

Anti-American garbage that steals our symbols and refits them into a globalist bullshit force station in Brussels(Brussels??) that reports to the UN

AVOID THIS TRASH!!

-----------
    http://www.federalreview.com/2009/08...eorge-bush.htm

LOS ANGELES--The director of the new movie "G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra" thinks President Obama is "a Real American hero," but apparently wants Republicans to stay home.

According to the Los Angeles Times:
    When it comes to selling "G.I. Joe" outside the U.S., the message is "this is not a George Bush movie -- it's an Obama world," director Stephen Sommers said. "Right from the writing stage we said to ourselves, this can't be about beefy guys on steroids who all met each other in the Vietnam War, but an elite organization that's made up of the best of the best from around the world."

Sommers, the director of such turds as "the Mummy Returns" and "VanHelsing," is hoping that the film will appeal to international markets, where action films "often earn 60% or more of their ticket sales [but] rah-rah American sentiment doesn't play well," the paper noted.

As a result, overseas advertising is playing up scenes from other countries and downplaying anything that could be seen as American patriotism.

It's a different story in middle America, however. According to the Times, the film's creators are tying "G.I. Joe" to the military and country music:
    [The film] is embedded in the Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd concert tour, advertised at the Country Music Television Awards and excerpted on giant video screens at Minnesota's Mall of America. It is bombarding Kansas City, Charlotte, Columbus and Grand Rapids on new digital billboards.

The subtext is none too subtle: Critics are likely to roast the film, and fanboys of the original toy line and comic book may be indifferent, but if you're a flag-waving, Nascar-loving American, it's practically your patriotic duty to see this movie.

As a result, the big budget film is expected to open well. However, as the Joe heroes used to say "knowing is half the battle." Once audiences realize that the film is trying to market itself to two separate audiences it's possible that neither will be pleased with what's on the screen.

------------------

August 24, 2007 - Who needs A Real American Hero? Not Paramount or Hasbro it seems. The studio's live-action feature film version of G.I. Joe will no longer revolve around a top-secret U.S. special forces team but rather an international operation.

In a follow-up to their confirmation that Stephen Sommers will direct G.I. Joe, Variety offers this new description of the team: "G.I. Joe is now a Brussels-based outfit that stands for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, an international co-ed force of operatives who use hi-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil organization headed by a double-crossing Scottish arms dealer. The property is closer in tone to X-Men and James Bond than a war film."
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: G.I. Joe Director: This is Not a George Bush Movie

Thanks

Default Re: G.I. Joe Director: This is Not a George Bush Movie

I'll see your Pirate bay and raise you one Demonoid.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information