Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama’s Growing Snitch Program on Extremism

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Obama’s Growing Snitch Program on Extremism

August 5, 2009
    Obama’s Snitch Program, Why Does He Want E-mail, Blog and Web Site Info of His Critics?

Why exactly did Obama initiate a “Snitch on your fellow citizen to the White House” program?

Is it really to correct ‘misleading’ and “fishy” statements about Obama’s health care plan?

Is it to intimidate opposition into silence?

Does Obama want to provoke some kind of conflict?

Why report blogs and e-mails and ISPs to the White House?

A letter that Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) sent to Obama and posted on the Weekly Standard Blog got me thinking, and the answer to WHY Obama wanted an online snitch program – may be more frightening than the notion of snitching itself.

First a snippet of the letter from Cornyn:
    Scathing letter to Obama.
    …I am not aware of any precedent for a President asking American citizens to report their fellow citizens to the White House for pure political speech that is deemed “fishy” or otherwise inimical to the White House’s political interests.

I respectfully request an answer to the following:
    How do you intend to use the names, email addresses, IP addresses, and identities of citizens who are reported to have engaged in “fishy” speech?

How do you intend to notify citizens who have been reported for “fishy” speech?

What action do you intend to take against citizens who have been reported for engaging in “fishy” speech?

Do your own past statements qualify as “disinformation”?

For example, is it “disinformation” to note that in 2003 you said: “I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care plan”?

I look forward to your prompt response.
    Cornyn asks some question that just got my hairs standing up on end considering another data-gathering practice Obama has incorporated using the Broadband Data Improvement Act of 2008.

The Act compiles a map of the nation showing which areas have broadband internet and which do not. The National Telecommunications and Information Administration is charged with collecting this data, but the Obama Administration has decided to use the NTIA to get more data than the law requires.

Beyond the general data on which parts of the nation have high speed internet access and if it is cable or DSL, Obama wants to know down to the individual what the individual has and how much the individual pays for the service. Specifically, the NTIA requires internet provides to give the government “average revenue per end user and data regarding type, technical specification or location of broadband infrastructure,” i.e. your home address, IP address, how much you pay, and where the connection is at your house.

The law does not require this data be collected. Congress does not want or need it. The NTIA admits the information will not be used to compile the map of national broadband as the BDIA requires, but Barack Obama still wants this data.

Why?

Well…
    The White House is asking neighbors to turn in neighbors by forwarding emails, blog and forum sites of which IP address information can be gleaned.

We have a White House collecting data from internet providers through the Broadband Data Improvement Act of 2008, which gives them the home addresses corresponding to those IP addresses.

We have a White House that has been extremely vague and secretive despite pledges of transparency about what they intend to do with this data.

We have a White House that has not hesitated to use private citizens information as a weapon against them. Might your address be given to a busload of ACORN Community Organizers for ‘correcting’ your “fishy” information about Obama’s plans and policies?

The math may not be that hard to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Obama’s Snitch Program, Why Does He Want E-mail, Blog & Web Site Info of His Crit

I've got no problem in TELLING him who I am, where I live and I am a Right Winger.

And no one else should have that problem either.

When they come for one of us, the rest BETTER rise up quickly.

None of us are breaking ANY laws and it's utter bullshit that someone can imagine we are.

Speak up, speak out and stand up and be counted. No more hiding in the shadows people.

Don't be afraid of these people, they CAN NOT HARM YOU
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Default Re: Obama’s Snitch Program, Why Does He Want E-mail, Blog & Web Site Info of His Crit

utterly scary....

New Guy aka Nancy Pelosi... just in case

Thanks

Here is the deal:

Obama is willing to sit down and listen to the likes of Ill in NK and Amadjihad in Iran, but he will not listen to those who oppose him in the homeland. It is like he is making Republicans (or those who offer dissent) the evil axis. He is talking to the blue dog democrats who are holding out on HC today. He is still coercing his will upon the people, instead of coming up with a plan that the people can agree with.

Obama and Peloser could have sat down with Republicans and came up with a plan that would fix our problems instead of socializing our HC. These people would not even listen to the other side. They are willing to listen to our enemies, but they attack the very people who care about our Country.

This is a huge tell on who Obama and Peloser are. They don't care about people like me. They would stifle my dissent, take my God and guns, leave me to the dogs in the media, and then throw me to the currupt Judges on the bench. These people do not deserve to be in power in this Country. They offer us the exact opposite of what our Founding Fathers promised.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

Cornyn to Obama: Stop With the Enemies Lists

The White House call for people to inform on anyone spreading "disinformation about health insurance reform" didn't sit well with a lot of people -- Obama isn't running a political campaign anymore, he's supposed to be running the country (and in the event even those who spread video clips of the president making statements on health care reform that are now impolitic have been targeted by the White House). Texas Senator John Cornyn has written a letter to the president politely asking if he could please put an end to the creepiness:

“I am not aware of any precedent for a President asking American citizens to report their fellow citizens to the White House for pure political speech that is deemed ‘fishy’ or otherwise inimical to the White House’s political interests,” Sen. Cornyn wrote. “You should not be surprised that these actions taken by your White House staff raise the specter of a data collection program. As Congress debates health care reform and other critical policy matters, citizen engagement must not be chilled by fear of government monitoring the exercise of free speech rights.”
    Read the full letter after the jump.

Dear President Obama,

I write to express my concern about a new White House program to monitor American citizens’ speech opposing your health care policies, and to seek your assurances that this program is being carried out in a manner consistent with the First Amendment and America’s tradition of free speech and public discourse.

Yesterday, in an official White House release entitled “Facts are Stubborn Things,” the White House Director of New Media, Macon Phillips, asserted that there was “a lot of disinformation out there,” and encouraged citizens to report “fishy” speech opposing your health care policies to the White House. Phillips specifically targeted private, unpublished, even casual speech, writing that “rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation.” Phillips wrote “If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.”

I am not aware of any precedent for a President asking American citizens to report their fellow citizens to the White House for pure political speech that is deemed “fishy” or otherwise inimical to the White House’s political interests.

By requesting that citizens send “fishy” emails to the White House, it is inevitable that the names, email addresses, IP addresses, and private speech of U.S. citizens will be reported to the White House. You should not be surprised that these actions taken by your White House staff raise the specter of a data collection program. As Congress debates health care reform and other critical policy matters, citizen engagement must not be chilled by fear of government monitoring the exercise of free speech rights.

I can only imagine the level of justifiable outrage had your predecessor asked Americans to forward emails critical of his policies to the White House. I suspect that you would have been leading the charge in condemning such a program—and I would have been at your side denouncing such heavy-handed government action.

So I urge you to cease this program immediately. At the very least, I request that you detail to Congress and the public the protocols that your White House is following to purge the names, email addresses, IP addresses, and identities of citizens who are reported to have engaged in “fishy” speech. And I respectfully request an answer to the following:

· How do you intend to use the names, email addresses, IP addresses, and identities of citizens who are reported to have engaged in “fishy” speech?

· How do you intend to notify citizens who have been reported for “fishy” speech?

· What action do you intend to take against citizens who have been reported for engaging in “fishy” speech?

· Do your own past statements qualify as “disinformation”? For example, is it “disinformation” to note that in 2003 you said: “I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care plan”?

I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I've got no problem in TELLING him who I am, where I live and I am a Right Winger.

And no one else should have that problem either.

I was thinking that maybe I should turn myself in, because I beg to die a free man. I think I will tell them that it is in their best interest to call in a air strike or two before they come for me and my guns. The wussies will need it.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Look at what is happening with their non-sense on this "health-care" joke when a group from the AARP tried to shove it down some senior's throats. This is exactly why the Obama nuts are trying to get an enemies list going. The Demshits are going to have a huge revolt soon if you ask me.

Video at link.

http://www.breitbart.tv/aarp-reps-ca...comments-quiet
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

I am sending this to the silly basards at Flag@whitehouse.gov:

Dear Mr. President:

A certain Barack Obama has been using scare tactics and lies to misrepresent what is actually in HR 3200. I thought you should know.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Friday, August 07, 2009
    Who's Behind the Internet Snitch Brigade?

by Michelle Malkin

Czardom has its privileges. This week, President Obama's health care overlord, Nancy DeParle, launched a taxpayer-funded initiative to recruit an Internet Snitch Brigade that will combat "disinformation about health insurance reform." As the White House explained in a special online bulletin:

"These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain e-mails or through casual conversation. Since we can't keep track of all of them here at the White House, we're asking for your help. If you get an e-mail or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

What will health care czar DeParle do with this information? Where will it be stored?

Who has oversight of the czar's powers, budget and personnel?

Concerned citizens, alas, will have a hard time tracking down the "Office of Health Care Reform" created by executive order in April.

There is no central website for the office, no direct channel for transparency and no congressional accountability.

At least one member of Congress has started asking questions. Texas GOP Sen. John Cornyn sent a letter to Obama demanding that he disband the Internet Snitch Brigade immediately: "By requesting citizens send 'fishy' e-mails to the White House, it is inevitable that the names, e-mail addresses, IP addresses and private speech of U.S. citizens will be reported to the White House," Cornyn wrote. "You should not be surprised that these actions taken by your White House staff raise the specter of a data collection program."

Taxpayers have the right to know what government agencies and third parties the health care czar may share that data with -- and why. Take note: The White House Office of Health Care Reform is working in close quarters with an entirely separate Office of Health Reform created under the Department of Health and Human Services. That office is staffed with several Obama campaign operatives and former employees of the Center for American Progress, including special assistant Michael Halle and HHS Office of Health Reform Director Jeanne Lambrew, a former senior fellow at the Center for American Progress who worked on health policy in the Clinton administration.

CAP is a lead organization in the Health Care for America Now coalition, the "grassroots" lobbying group for Obama's health care takeover legislation run out of 1825 K Street in Washington, D.C., with a $40 million budget. CAP is also the parent group of Think Progress, the far-left website leading the smear campaign against fiscally conservative activists protesting at congressional town halls.

Lawmakers must also dig far beyond the health care czar's flagging operation. Last month, a Washington, D.C., citizen watchdog group filed suit to force the White House to disclose which health care lobbyists and executives it had met with this year to discuss the government health care takeover legislation. White House counsel Greg Craig refused to disclose which administration officials attended the meetings. But at least two of the industry visitors have ties to DeParle.

William C. Weldon is chairman of Johnson & Johnson, which paid DeParle $7,500 for a recent speech. Wayne Smith is chief executive of Community Health Systems, which merged with Triad Hospitals -- where DeParle served on the board of directors. DeParle's options were converted to cash payments worth $1.05 million.

Despite Obama's lip service to transparency, the public is in the dark about which assets DeParle has divested; how many times, if any, DeParle has recused herself from policy matters and meetings; and the exact nature of her conversations with health care executives. While White House press secretary Robert Gibbs lambastes the corporate health care ties of Republican opponents, he has shrugged off the corporate ties of the woman leading the Obamacare charge.

Alert the Internet Snitch Brigade: The fishiest odor is emanating from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Default Re: Obama’s Growing Snitch Program

Americans are already being groped by Unionized TSA agents at our Airports with the intent to extend this activity to all levels of Mass Transit.

With the TSA out of control abusing whats left of our freedoms...are we now going to have Walmart employees as extended DHS stasi agents across Middle America reporting any perceived local extremism behavior?

In the last election most inner cities voted Democrat.

Who voted against Democrats in the last election?

Where are most Walmart's located?

Who are now outlined by DHS threat assessment documents as extremists?

With that said,

What is the Department of Homeland Security anticipating now that the Obama Administration Halted the 'War On Terror' and banned terms such as "Islam" and "Jihad" From National Security Strategy Documents?

Meanwhile they Appoint 2 Devout Muslims in 2009 and just swore in another radical Muslim to Homeland Security Posts in October 2010.

Who or what are Americans supposed to be looking for now that terms such as"Jihad" and "Islam" are no longer considered a threat to national security and radical Muslims have been placed at Homeland Security high level posts?

Press Office
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    Dec. 6, 2010

BIG SIS INVADES WAL-MART: 'IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING'

WASHINGTON -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.

“Homeland security starts with hometown security, and each of us plays a critical role in keeping our country and communities safe,” said Secretary Napolitano. “I applaud Walmart for joining the ‘If You See Something, Say Something’ campaign. This partnership will help millions of shoppers across the nation identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to law enforcement authorities.”

The “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign—originally implemented by New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority and funded, in part, by $13 million from DHS’ Transit Security Grant Program—is a simple and effective program to engage the public and key frontline employees to identify and report indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to the proper transportation and law enforcement authorities.

More than 230 Walmart stores nationwide launched the “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign today, with a total of 588 Walmart stores in 27 states joining in the coming weeks. A short video message, available here, will play at select checkout locations to remind shoppers to contact local law enforcement to report suspicious activity.

Over the past five months, DHS has worked with its federal, state, local and private sector partners, as well as the Department of Justice, to expand the “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign and Nationwide SAR Initiative to communities throughout the country—including the recent state-wide expansions of the “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign across Minnesota and New Jersey. Partners include the Mall of America, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, Amtrak, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, sports and general aviation industries, and state and local fusion centers across the country.

In the coming months, the Department will continue to expand the “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign nationally with public education materials and outreach tools designed to help America’s businesses, communities and citizens remain vigilant and play an active role in keeping the county safe.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Walmart Public Service Announcement

This public service announcement will air in all Walmart stores equipped with checkout screens.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

That particular thing from the DHS queen groper isn't offensive. It won't change a damn thing, but I don't see any harm in it. It's just like everything the government does; sounds good in the planning room, doesn't do shit during execution.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

That program is a disaster in the making for honest folks.

Talk about enlisting the lowest common dominator.

I can see a bunch of Wally World busy bodies calling LEOs because they maybe see a CHL, peeked in someones car and saw something, etc.

Again, that program is gonna be a freaking disaster.

There's a reason Nasty Napo didn't "partner" with Gucci, Saks Fifth Avenue, Louis Vuitton, etc.

Thanks

A guy walks up to the Walmart gun counter.

Guy: Do you have any 223 ammo?

Clerk: Well yes, but we've only got 20 boxes.

"I'll take all 20 of the .223 and whatever you got in 9mm."

The guy is wearing a camouflage hat and a
    crucifix.

While loading the ammo in his pickup truck someone noticed a Gadsden Flag, Tea Party and Anti-Obama stickers on his bumper.

Guess what...under the new DHS Extremism Training Curriculum he's targeted as a possible threat to National Security
    and will be put on the Domestic Extremist List.

This is creeping Stalinism directed at Conservative Middle America.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

I see, that you see, exactly what I meant.

Thanks

Was listening to Savage yesterday on the way home about this subject; it was enlightening!!!

Here's the broadcast.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Homeland Security Recruiting Neighborhood Busybodies as Informants

Washington, DC
    —There were the infamous Gestapo, Stazi and Red Guard. They all sought and maintained civilian armies of snitches to help their rogue governments maintain absolute power. These government thugs wanted any information they could use against the victims they selectively targeted.

Today we have the Department of Homeland Security that is quickly stepping into this role in the United States. They are massively expanding their authority, reach and budget to smash dissent, and any resistance to government repression and violation of our Civil Rights.

If you have not noticed, our government has suspended the Fourth Amendment
    in the name of anti-terrorism. If you haven’t noticed, It’s our own government that has become the terrorist.

Now Homeland Security is beginning a massive recruitment drive to get people to snitch on their neighbors. When this happens they suggest they want information about crime or terrorism but this always degenerates into what these criminal regimes really want, a hideous form of Thought Police. What they truly want is information about Americans resisting the Police State.

I’m not suggesting that people not report actual crimes as they have always done. We all have the responsibility to warn our neighbors if their house is on fire.

The Homeland Security program is about allowing the government to employ neighborhood busybodies to spy on all of us. Homeland Security just recruited Wal-Mart as a spying partner.

By the way, if you’ve not noticed, Homeland security is not a law enforcement agency staffed by trained cops. American law enforcement officials are all required to take an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution. Perhaps that’s why nearly 60.000 TSA screeners and their bosses have no problem violating the civil rights of American travelers.

Read Homeland Security’s new snitch program press release here.

Posted by Crimefile at 12/06/2010 12:44:00 PM

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Welcome to Citizen Concepts

[IMG]http://static.********.com/2010/12/i/article-images/patriotapp.jpg[/IMG]

Please join us in celebrating the launch of a revolutionary application, PatriotAppTM

The Mission of Citizen Concepts is to provide breadth in application (app) code to deliver content-rich information systems to all customers. This concept delivers actionable lucid procedures to the point of incident, event, or process at the users fingertips.

The goals of Citizen Concepts are to:

• Provide instruction and increase consistency in actions while decreasing variance in human behavior to mitigate risk and error
    • Increase the quality, procedure compliance, and efficacy of outcomes
    • Provide closed network, high-value content information for collection and action purposes
    • To serve civil, government and commercial communities entities
    • Provide mechanisms whereby events, processes, and performance can be reviewed retrospectively

Citizen Concepts delivers a superior product.

We leverage your existing Blackberry, Android or iPhone platform and drive compliance directly to your staff's mobile device. No manuals to find, nor forms to locate, no wasted time.

Mobilizing the Globe

Citizen Concepts announces the launch of PatriotAppTM, the world's first iPhone application that empowers citizens to assist government agencies in creating safer, cleaner, and more efficient communities via social networking and mobile technology. This app was founded on the belief that citizens can provide the most sophisticated and broad network of eyes and ears necessary to prevent terrorism, crime, environmental negligence, or other malicious behavior.

PAT 12-B

PAT 12-B

PAT 12-B

PAT 12-B

Simply download, report (including pictures) and submit information to relevant government agencies, employers, or publish incident data to social network tools.

Key Features:

• Integrated into Federal Agencies points of contacts
      • FBI
      • EPA
      • GAO
      • CDC

• Custom integration with user employers
    • Fully integrated with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
    • Multiple menus and data fields
    • View FBI Most Wanted
    • Simple graphical user interface

Uses:

• Enable citizens to record and communicate:
    • National Security, Suspicious activities, Crime
    • Government Waste
    • Environmental Crime or possible violations
    • White collar crime
    • Workplace harassment, discrimination, or other violations
    • Public Health concerns

PatriotApp encourages active citizen participation in the War on Terror and in protecting their families and surrounding communities.

Support:

• Future updates and features
    • Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Rotflmao!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

A security official wears a listening device.

The government is creating a vast domestic spying network to collect information about Americans in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks and subsequent terror plots, The Washington Post reported Monday. The government is using for this purpose the FBI, local police, state homeland security offices and military criminal investigators, the daily added.

The system collects, stores and analyzes information about thousands of US citizens and residents, many of whom have not been accused of any wrongdoing, the report noted.

The government's goal is to have every state and local law enforcement agency in the country feed information to Washington to buttress the work of the FBI, noted the paper, which has conducted its own investigation of the matter.

According to the report, the network includes 4,058 federal, state and local organizations, each with its own counter-terrorism responsibilities and jurisdictions.

At least 935 of these organizations have been created since the 2001 attacks, The Post said.

The probe has revealed that technologies and techniques developed for use on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan have migrated into the hands of law enforcement agencies in the United States, the paper pointed out.

In addition, the FBI is building a database with the names and personal information of thousands of US citizens and residents, the report said.

The database is accessible to an increasing number of local law enforcement and military criminal investigators, the report noted.

In a bid to counter what is seen as a threat from radical Islam, some law enforcement agencies have hired as trainers people whose extremist views on Islam and terrorism are considered inaccurate and counterproductive by US intelligence agencies, the paper pointed out.

The cost of the network is difficult to measure, the paper said.

But the Department of Homeland Security has given 31 billion dollars in grants since 2003 to state and local governments for homeland security and to improve their ability to find and protect against terrorists, The Post said.

Only this year, it gave 3.8 billion dollars to local law enforcement agencies.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information