Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Google News' or 'Obama News'? (updated)

Thanks

Default Re: Google Leaning Leftish? What other search engines do you use?

Just for the record, I just did a search on:

bing.com
    google.com
    dogpile.com

and entered simply: transasianaxis

as the search term.

Shows up number one on ALL three of those and Doggiepile lists it on several engines as "being listed".
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 'Google News' or 'Obama News'? (updated)

Just merged them. Thanks for the heads up Rick.

Thanks

I've noticed some anti-obama reporting lately on Google News.

Thanks

I just ran across something on liveleak that i tested myself. go to google. type in the following searches:

christianity is
    judaism is
    islam is

notice what happens on the last search.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=09f_1263110066

I am still looking for anti-obama news. i could have sworn i saw a fox news article on google news one day that had a picture of obama with a sad face. if my memory serves me correctly, it had to do with failing poll numbers and poor NH support.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

as i mentioned before:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Google still buggy about Islam, day 12

Self-Imposed Dhimmitude Update: It is now twelve days since I first posted about how Google is censoring negative search suggestions on Islam, and six days since the mighty Internet giant claimed that this was not dhimmi self-censorship, but a "bug," and would soon be corrected.

Twelve days, six days, and the best minds at Google, a pioneer and master of Internet technology, can't seem to figure out how to wire their search box so that it pops up suggestions for "Islam is" that are comparable to the suggestions you get for "Buddhism is" or "Hinduism is" or "Christianity is." Try it for yourself. Search for "Christianity is" at Google and a host of negative recommendations pop up:

It's the same thing for "Buddhism is," "Hinduism is," etc. But when you search for "Islam is," no negative recommendations come up -- indeed, no recommendations at all:

The same "bug" appears at Google's YouTube.

What a coincidence that Google's "bug" would crop up in a way that shelters the world's most thin-skinned religion from criticism! The one religion shielded from adverse judgment at Google is also the only religion that has is currently engaged in an organized campaign to stifle honest discussion about its texts and teachings that inspire violence.

In 2008 the Secretary General of the 57-government Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), the largest voting bloc at the United Nations today, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, warned the West about "red lines that should not be crossed" regarding free speech about Islam and terrorism.

For years now the OIC has spearheaded an effort at the UN to compel member states to criminalize what it calls "defamation of religions," but by which it clearly means any honest discussion of the texts and teachings of Islam that jihadists invoke to justify violence and supremacism. Interestingly enough, the OIC stepped up this campaign in the wake of the publication of cartoons of Muhammad in a Danish newspaper that touched off worldwide Muslim riots. Google, at the time those riots were raging, was dutifully removing from YouTube videos that depicted the cartoons.

Thus when the OIC has Google, it doesn't need international edicts muzzling free speech. Like many on the Left, Google seems all too willing to carry water for the Islamic bloc's war against free speech and to oblige the OIC's totalitarian and thuggish influences, by voluntarily refraining from doing anything that might offend Muslims. While its restriction of the automated search suggestions may seem insignificant, its overall willingness to conform to notoriously fragile Islamic sensibilities and deep-six criticism of Islam is anything but trivial.

Posted by Robert on January 18, 2010 4:59 AM | 12 Comments
    Print this entry | Email this entry | Digg this | del.icio.us | Buzz up!

Last edited by vector7; January 18th, 2010 at 23:17.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

High Tech Industry Gives More Money to Democrats

Sixty-six percent of contributions from the computers and Internet industry were to Democrats

By Danielle Kurtzleben
    Posted: July 2, 2010

The computers and Internet industry has given 66 percent of its money in the 2010 elections cycle to Democrats, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics. Of the $12.9 million the industry has given to federal candidates and party committees in the 2010 election, over $8.4 million has gone to democrats.

Since corporations and labor unions by law may not contribute to federal candidates, these figures reflect contributions from industry employees, their families, and political action committees associated with computer and Internet companies.

Of the top 10 recipients of money from the computer and Internet industry this election, nine are Democrats. New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer leads with $194,384, followed by Washington Democratic Sen.Patty Murray ($176,973) and New York Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand ($161,395). The lone Republican in the top 10 is Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown at number eight with $88,750.

[See who gets the most from the computers and Internet industry.]
    [See editorial cartoons about the Democratic Party.]

Microsoft is the top contributor with 60 percent of its nearly $1.3 million in contributions going to Democrats. This number reflects contributions made to incumbents, challengers, and national party committees.

[See where Chuck Schumer's campaign cash comes from.]

Contributions from those associated with Cisco make it the second highest contributor in the industry with $557,919 in donations, 67 percent of which went to Democratic candidates and committees. Google is next, with $456,119 in contributions, 75 percent of which went to Democrats, followed by Intel, with 57 percent of its $373,205 in contributions going to Democrats. The fifth-most-prominent computer/internet company, Hewlett-Packard, also favored Democrats, despite the fact that its former CEO, Carly Fiorina, is running as a Republican in California's high-profile Senate race. Those associated with Hewlett-Packard gave $367,460, with only 40 percent going to Republican candidates and parties.

[See a roundup of Campaign 2010 editorial cartoons.]

Though companies in the computers and Internet industry tend to favor Democrats in their political giving, a few have given more to Republicans than Democrats. Among the major companies that give a majority of their campaign dollars to candidates and committees are content delivery company Akamai Technologies (56 percent), computer manufacturer Dell (60 percent), and web-hosting service Go Daddy (63 percent).

After news of Google tax dodges, Obama raises money with Google execs

By: Byron York
    Chief Political Correspondent
    10/22/10 6:59 AM EDT

On the day it was reported that Google uses income shifting techniques known by such arcane names as the "Double Irish" and the "Dutch Sandwich" to avoid paying taxes on its foreign profits, President Obama attended an intimate, high-dollar fundraiser at the Palo Alto, California home of a top Google executive. He didn't mention Google's tax tricks, according to a White House transcript of his remarks.

The Democratic fundraiser, which guests each paid $30,400 to attend, was at the home of Marissa Mayer, one of Google's best-known executives. At the lavish home, which was "decked out in Halloween decorations on steroids," according to a White House pool report, Obama spoke briefly and had nothing but praise for Google. He spoke fondly of his first visit to the company when he was an Illinois state senator. And of his work as president dealing with the recession, he said, "My task over the last two years hasn’t just been to stop the bleeding. My task has also been to try to figure out how do we address some of the structural problems in the economy that have prevented more Googles from being created…" (Although founded in the 1990s, Google went public and prospered enormously in the years that Obama and his fellow Democrats characterize as an economic disaster.)

Google, according to a report by Bloomberg News, has used paper transactions to shift $3.1 billion of its income to Bermuda and other low-tax havens in recent years. The company's aggressive use of such tax dodges has reduced its overseas tax rate to just 2.4 percent.

Although the practice is common, Google "has cut its effective tax rate abroad more than its peers in the technology sector," Bloomberg reports. "Such income shifting costs the U.S. government as much as $60 billion in annual revenue."

In the past, Obama has been sharply critical of companies that move their income around the globe to avoid paying taxes. But with Google, whose employees give an estimated 75 percent of their political contributions to Democrats -- well, the president didn't have much to say about taxes.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Google Cracks Down On WZ – Update: New Email Contact Added…

I’ve been using Google ads for years now as the site’s nearly sole source of income. Suddenly I get hit with a policy violation for not having original content, the only problem is according to their vague guidelines this would make almost every news website on the Internet that uses Adsense (and the vast majority do) out of compliance. Hard not to see that I am being unfairly singled out, almost certainly because of my political views. I wouldn’t be surprised if lefty trolls have been reporting us to Adsense, it wouldn’t be the first time.
    We’re now left dead in the water until I can find a suitable replacement, if that’s even possible. Google runs the Internet, especially the ad market.
    I need everyone to please contact Google, be polite and courteous, and ask them to reverse this decision. If they are coming after me then it’s only a matter of time before other sites are taken down.
    Update: (New email contact)

Corporate PR
    David Krane
    +1.650.623.4096
    david@google.com

If anyone has considered donating to WZ now is the time (donation button is on the left sidebar). You can contact me at weaselzippers@yahoo.com
    This was an on the record conversation:
    Stephanie D 1:32 PM
    Basically it is against policies to copy the majority of your content from other sites, even if you include a cite of the source
    me 1:33 PM
    I only excerpt small portions of articles and link back to the source. AP, Retuers, AFP, CNN all encourage me to do this because I drive them traffic
    Stephanie D 1:35 PM
    According to our reviewers, it is too much And just looking at your home page, every blog post is basically a snippet from another news source with very little original content
    me 1:36 PM
    It’s a manually done news aggregation site.
    Stephanie D 1:36 PM
    AdSense policies require that you add a significant amount of rich, original content to your site in order to monetize it.
    me 1:38 PM
    I see tons of sites that aggregate nothing but news and they almost all use adsense. They don’t even do it manually, I’m adding commentary. Are you guys going to crack down on all news agg sites?
    Stephanie D 1:39 PM
    Our policies are uniformly enforced across all sites. If you notice another site in violation, I strongly recommend that you report it here: https://support.google.com/adsense/t...hooter/1190500
    me 1:40 PM I’ve been using you guys for years, why is this suddenly an issue?
    Stephanie D 1:40 PM
    Our reviewers manually review hundreds of thousands of sites per year. It’s not uncommon for policy issues to go unflagged for a period of time. We generally trust our publishers to stay in compliance.
    me 1:41 PM
    But according to these rules every news site with the exception of the home sites of AP, Reuters etc. are not in compliance. Why am I being singled out?
    Stephanie D 1:42 PM
    I can assure you that you are not being singled out or targeted.

ZIP | May 8, 2014 2:55 pm

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Google Maps renames Trump Tower as Dump Tower

Posted on November 27, 2016 by Dr. Eowyn | 30 Comments

That’s how petty, childish, and sore losers the Left are.

Katherine Lam and Talia Tirella report for PIX11 that yesterday, Nov. 26, someone at Google Maps renamed President-elect Donald Trump’s building in midtown Manhattan from Trump Tower to “Dump Tower”.

Google Maps users began noticing the Fifth Avenue building’s name on Saturday afternoon. It’s unclear when the switch occurred, but people on Twitter began tweeting about the new “brand identity” around 2 p.m.

Trump International Hotel & Tower in Columbus Circle was also renamed Dump International Hotel & Tower.

A spokesperson from Google Maps told PIX11 the name change from Trump to “Dump” has been fixed:

“Some inappropriate names were surfacing in Google Maps that should not be, and we apologize for any offense this may have caused. Our teams immediately took action and have fixed the issue.”

~Eowyn

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Left-Wing Plug-In Blocks Conservative Sites, Crashes Browsers

December 7, 2016
    Daniel Greenfield

Many lefties have decided that the solution to Trump's win is to climb even deeper into their bubble. Meanwhile the media has been angrily denouncing what it calls "fake news", which is any news that it disagrees with. So it quickly rushed over to praise a plug-in from left-wing anti-Israel activist Daniel Sieradski. There's just one tiny little problem.

The plug-in, however, has bugs, causing some users’ browsers to crash.
    In exchange for having their sites censored, users get to enjoy crashes and a slow browser. But isn't crippling their ability to browse the internet the best way to avoid dissenting opinions?

Here are some review of B.S. Detector, the plugin.

Can't see the extension listed... .... and performance of Chrome has got very erratic since installing BS Detector

​Icon is disabled... And it does not work. Ever....

Scrolling through webpages is really slow after installing this... I've noticed a lot of lag when scrolling websites while this extension is enabled.

Does flag bs news links but the performance hit is rough. I ran it with the extension flatbook and without it was sluggish both ways.

This extension crashed my google docs app and made it impossible to access documents I needed. I spent all day trying to figure out the problem and I later found out it was this extension after tedious work.

Great idea, but it slows my browser down terribly. Extension is updated, no improvement. Makes Facebook and Google Drive especially unusable.

Slowed down Chrome significantly. I had to go through my extensions, disabling each one individually, until I found the culprit. Made /everything/ extremely slow. Updating the extension did not help.
    Well Comrade, if you want to enjoy Soviet level political correctness, you must also accept Soviet era performance.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/26...iel-greenfield

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information