Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandating health Insurance - Obamacare

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Mandating health Insurance... now

Rick, It may be worth consulting and attorney in law specific to your circumstance and how this tax ruling and other taxes are levied. As a citizen, you may still be liable for this mandate despite being abroad.

Also, on this ruling today, Roberts seems to have actually done a favor. The 16th Amendment has been flawed for a long time and despite this ruling, this healthcare reform bill is at least called what it is, a tax.

If done properly, it is possible to argue and change the amendment. That is what the core issue really is. In doing so, it removes any teeth this and other taxes have by removing them. Just repealing this mandate only fixes this instance, like a band aide, and does not address the mechanism which is the problem.

Thanks

I expect to consult with an attorney before I leave. I've had it with this kind of bullshit.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Romney Vows To Repeal Obamacare
    "What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States," Romney said. "And that is I will act to repeal ObamaCare."

Thanks

LOL

CNN botches Obamacare ruling in epic error

By Joe Dwinell

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - Updated 1 minute ago

Somebody call a doctor, the folks at CNN must be having a heart attack after they goofed and declared Obamacare was dead.

The red-faced cable channel had to quickly post a correction, but it was too late.

The social media cat, so to speak, was out of the bag and the embarrassing error was whipping around the web. As the nation now knows, the U.S. Supreme Court actually upheld the constitutionality of Obamacare today.

The digs came fast and furious for the cable channel. “CNN breaking John McCain wins 2008 election,” joked one observer on Twitter.

CNN first reported in a banner on their website: “The Supreme Court has struck down the individual mandate for health care.” Whoops.

The correction read: “Correction: The Supreme Court backs all parts of President Obama’s signature health care law.”

The fast-fingered flub is being called a “Dewey Defeats Truman moment.” It gets worse for CNN as the error is being compounded by re-tweets. “Not Twitter’s finest moment here,” a wise poster summed up.

It all came down at about 10 a.m. today when the court upheld the constitutionality of Obamacare, the controversial health care reform program, in a blockbuster decision.

Chief Justice John Roberts acted as the swing vote, joining the liberal justices on the court to save the signature achievement of the Obama Administration. Stay tuned. This will heat up the web all day.

UPDATE: CNN sent the Herald the following statement:

“In his opinion, Chief Justice Roberts initially said that the individual mandate was not a valid exercise of Congressional power under the Commerce Clause. CNN reported that fact, but then wrongly reported that therefore the court struck down the mandate as unconstitutional. However, that was not the whole of the Court’s ruling. CNN regrets that it didn’t wait to report out the full and complete opinion regarding the mandate. We made a correction within a few minutes and apologize for the error,” CNN’s Edie Emery wrote in an email.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

In fairness to CNN, so did FNC. Everyone saw that it was declared dead under the Commerce Clause but then read further that it was upheld as a tax.

Thanks

Romney's campaign is claiming over a millions dollars in donations since the ruling came out.

And who wants to be "fair" to CNN? They've never been fair with us.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Anyone see the movie Code 46? A future dystopian flick with ultra-lib Tim Robbins as the lead.

One subplot of the movie was that to do any dangerous activity, you had to get approved. a "Papelle" had to be issued. If you couldn't be insured for the activity then you wouldn't get approval. There was a big demand for good fakes but the point was, the government only let you do what was in it's best interest.

We've much closer to that society today.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

That's been happening a very long time now. You have to wear helmets on bicycles and motorcycles (even though the state has NO law about it) around military installations.

You can't climb rocks in many places where rock climbing is allowed, without a permit.

Can't shoot a kids bow and arrow in your back yard in most places any more (we grew up shooting them in the woods back in our day, or in our back yard when I lived in the city). Now, I can't even practice shooting my sling shot in the yard even though I have very capable backstops and targets to prevent the ammo from going through the fence.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This is from GOA today...

ObamaCare Decision Means Feds Will Continue to Cull Gun Owner Information
    June 28, 2012

Led by feckless chief Justice John Roberts, the U.S. Supreme Court today upheld the ObamaCare law by a 5-to-4 decision, with Roberts voting with liberals Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan.

While the decision means many harmful things for the American public, the Second Amendment community remains greatly affected, as the law requires Americans’ medical information to be culled and entered into a national database.

Centralizing these medical records will allow the FBI to troll a list of Americans for ailments such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to deny them their gun rights, in the same way that the Veterans Administration has already denied more than 150,000 veterans their right to bear arms.

Ironically, the Boston Globe last week reported how snarky liberals have been shocked to learn that hundreds of pages of their most intimate psychiatric notes have been posted into the database -- available for reading by hundreds (perhaps thousands) of strangers who work for their provider.

Now, their most embarrassing recollections are semi-public knowledge, and this was done knowingly and unapologetically by the people to whom they were spilling their confidences. Their privacy is gone, and there is nothing they can do about it.

This is the danger that gun owners face -- the sharing of medical information (like PTSD) that can be used in the future to deny them their right to purchase a firearm.

As for the ObamaCare decision itself, the Supreme Court ruled today that the Individual Mandate (requiring all Americans to purchase health insurance) is constitutional under Congress’ taxing power.

Thus, the government can force us to buy broccoli -- or anything else -- by simply imposing an enormous “tax penalty” for failing to do what the government orders us to do. There is NOTHING the government can’t now do as part of its taxing power.

Incidentally, ObamaCare was passed amid vigorous denunciations that Congress was imposing an enormous tax on the American people -- and on the middle and lower classes. Thus, by allowing the Obama administration to now argue that it “fooled us,” the Court becomes a co-conspirator in Obama’s fraud.

The culprits? Well, certainly the tepid, political-wind-monitoring Roberts, who has sold himself to receive favorable media coverage by the liberal left and to get invited to the swanky parties in our nation’s capital. Ironically, the Senate almost did away with the Senate filibuster in order to secure Robert’s confirmation to the Court.

If there is a silver lining to this decision, it is that the Court ruled that the Individual Mandate CANNOT be justified under the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution. This is good news for gun owners, as this text has been illegitimately expanded over the years to justify all kinds of unconstitutional laws -- including gun control.

Americans now know what we need to do: We need to repeal the Individual Mandate through a legislative rider (or amendment) to the must-pass Continuing Resolution, which Congress will take up around September 30. And perhaps, the ultimate way to get rid of ObamaCare is to get rid of Obama.

In the process, we will need to put a constitutional majority in control of the Senate and consolidate and even expand the anti-ObamaCare majority in the House.

But the first line of defense is to force a vote on must-pass legislation to repeal or “defund” the mandate. You can expect Gun Owners of America to be at the epicenter of this battle. So please stay tuned for updates!

Thanks

And how many of us, in real honesty, see Obama getting booted out of office this time?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I really can't wait to hear Mark Levin tonight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    And how many of us, in real honesty, see Obama getting booted out of office this time?
    I really don't have any idea what's going to happen at this point.

I was supremely confident in seeing Obamacare go down in flames and didn't see it getting upheld as something the government argued it wasn't, let alone the supposedly Conservative Chief Justice upholding it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I really can't wait to hear Mark Levin tonight.
    I'm afraid to listen to him. He might die on-air from an aneurism.... that would be sad.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I really don't have any idea what's going to happen at this point.

I was supremely confident in seeing Obamacare go down in flames and didn't see it getting upheld as something the government argued it wasn't, let alone the supposedly Conservative Chief Justice upholding it.
    I guess that was my point. We can't guess what these fools do any more, and have no idea why they do them any more.

I just got a letter from John Conyers... I'll post it.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This is from the NRSC and they are trying to get money (of course):

Rick,
    The stakes just got higher.
    With the Supreme Court upholding the legality of ObamaCare in a 5-4 decision today, Americans are now on the hook for the law’s billions in new taxes, job-destroying regulations, and trillion-dollar price tag.
    President Obama’s assault on our liberty is now one step closer to being complete . . .
    . . . but this is not over – not by a longshot.
    Click Here: https://www.nrsc.org/donation/supremecourtrapid/ to contribute $25, $50, or $500 to help send a message to Democrats that this fight is not over!
    Because while the Supreme Court may have ruled (mistakenly) that the law is legal, there’s one thing this law will never be: popular.
    In fact, the American people are even more opposed to ObamaCare now than they were two years ago.
    It's because as Nancy Pelosi famously said, "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." And find out we did... premiums are skyrocketing, doctors are retiring early, and small businesses are forgoing hiring new workers.
    And so, our mission is now crystal clear:
    We must elect a new Republican Senate Majority and REPEAL ObamaCare.
    You have my firm pledge that this will be our first order of business after the election.
    But we need your urgent financial help, so in the name of liberty, I ask you to make one generous gift to the NRSC right now using our secure credit card donation form.
    The liberals have nowhere to hide – the American people are against ObamaCare, and we will campaign relentlessly against it.
    As long as we have the financial resources necessary, we WILL gain the 4 seats we need for a new Republican Majority, and we WILL get rid of ObamaCare.
    So please make one urgent gift today.
    Thank you,
    Sincerely,

Senator John Cornyn
    NRSC Chairman
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Sorry CORNYN, duh
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yep, I've gotten emails from Allen West, Herman Cain, Dan Bongino, and Richard Mourdock.

Thanks

Haven't seen anything from West yet, or Cain for that matter.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

As expected, Mark is hitting it out of the park with his legal and judicial knowledge. Anyone who can should tune in.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

They all miss a point. The ruling now clarifies it IS A TAX, which Obama said it is not. Polls this afternoon show Obama tanking in polls. This will get defeated later, but the thing that matters is a tax is a tax and it is now officially declared as such.

I wanted this shut down in this ruling too, but taking what has been ruled to the next step is not looking so bad a way to go.

Thread Information