Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandating health Insurance - Obamacare

Thanks

Default Re: Mandating health Insurance... now

ALREADY: ObamaScare security breach leaks data of 2,400 customers

Posted on October 2, 2013

Obamacare security breach leaks data of 2,400 customers | The Daily Caller.

An employee of Minnesota’s Obamacare exchange, MNsure, sent an unencrypted file to the wrong person and left 2,400 people’s private information at the mercy of a nearby insurance agent.

One exchange staffer’s simple mistake gave insurance broker Jim Koester access to an Excel document of Social Security numbers, names, addresses and other personal data for whole a list of insurance agents. Luckily for the 2,400, Koester was cooperative — and unnerved.

“The more I thought about it, the more troubled I was,” Koester told the Minnesota Star Tribune. “What if this had fallen into the wrong hands? It’s scary. If this is happening now, how can clients of MNsure be confident their data is safe?”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/14/ob...#ixzz2gaAX80PW

Thanks

Help Save The Postal Service…The Government Has So Few Agencies Now To Waste Money On
    Posted: 02 Oct 2013 07:23 AM PDT
    Comrades, It is our pleasure to announce that the four-postage-stamp 2013 Obamacare Collector Set is now available to the masses.
    You will appreciate the intricate detail and marvel at the complexity of the design. Each stamp just beckons the owner to slap a cancellation mark all over them as soon as possible, to give them that authentic used stamp feel.
    A fine addition to any collection, these stamps will also make great gifts. As we all know, Red October is just around the corner!
    Read More!

Thanks

Report: ObamaScare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts?

Posted on October 2, 2013

» Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts? Alex Jones’ ********: There’s a war on for your mind!.

Man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with drivers license being revoked, federal tax lien on home

Paul Joseph Watson
    ********.com
    October 2, 2013

A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.

Image: Obama signs the Affordable Care Act.

If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe.

Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage.

The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts.

“There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010.
    In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself.

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

EIther Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level.

Thanks

Obama Prohibits Practice of Catholicism in U.S.

by Heidi

CNSNews
    Beginning now, with the opening of government-run health-insurance exchanges, President Barack Obama will be prohibiting American Catholics from practicing their faith in the way they live their daily lives.This is an act of tyranny. Yet, many Americans in positions of public authority and influence have greeted it with silence and inaction. I do not use the word tyranny lightly here. Obama is abusing his power as president to unilaterally impose on Catholics — and millions of other Americans who share the Catholic moral view on certain matters — a regulation that forces them to act against their moral convictions and the teachings of their faith.
    He has declared war on their souls.

Thanks

DOCTOR'S ORDERS
    Now I'm an unwilling Obamacare outlaw
    Exclusive: Troy Newman refuses to 'participate in the killing of innocent children'
    Published: 20 hours ago

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/now-im-an...macare-outlaw/

By Troy Newman

Today I’ve become an outlaw, a dissenter, an enemy of the state. Without my consent, the U.S. Congress passed a law that forces my conscience and conviction into an inescapable corner. I do not want to be in this position. I did not ask for it. I have not even taken a single action that would put me on the wrong side of the law – yet, somehow, here I am suddenly “breaking” it.

Eighteen years ago, I left my full-time job with an aerospace firm in San Diego to become a full-time ordained minister. When I left my employment, I also left my health insurance. Since my new position as a minister scarcely paid the bills, my family relied on God’s provision to cover all of our health-care needs, as well as everything else in our lives. Again and again, God showed Himself faithful, and I slowly learned over the next two decades to put all of my trust in Him.

When my children were born, the money to pay the doctors was delivered, too. When someone was sick, or needed stiches, or a broken bone set, or a minor surgery, God would provide the means necessary to cover the medical costs incurred.

Thankfully, all seven of us have been relatively healthy. We eat right, we exercise, and we don’t participate in risky lifestyles. (Though, some might argue that it was hazardous for five members of our family to pursue our black belts in martial arts.)

For the record, I’m not opposed to insurance. I have insurance on my house and car. I have a term life insurance policy in case the Lord takes me home a little early. But, when it comes to health insurance, each year I have weighed the costs and have opted to take a pay-as-you-go approach. For my family, that approach works, just as it works for hundreds of millions of people around the globe every day.

I also do not think I’m invincible. I am fully aware that this body of mine will not go on forever, but my life is in the Lord’s hands, and I believe history shows that there are far worse possibilities than death – like living under a totalitarian government with no respect for our belief in freedom.

Left unchecked, this new health-care law is fully capable of leading the United States into becoming a police state. That may sound crazy to some – like I should be wearing a tinfoil hat or something – but I’m a student of history, and it doesn’t take long to see the scope of past civilizations that have been seduced into surrendering first their rights and then their lives, all under the offer of some so-called protection.

I’ve read the health-care law; it isn’t going to protect, save, or help any of us. What it is going to do, however, is strip away our rights and directly fund abortion. I have consulted with several experts and law firms on the imbedded abortion funding in the new health-care law, and I can say with certainty: Obamacare forces us to pay for abortion.

So, let me be very clear: I may be the very person Congress is claiming to help, but I don’t want or need their assistance regarding my family’s health. I am a free citizen who pays my medical bills as they come. Furthermore, I am absolutely morally opposed to funding baby killers. In fact, I have spent the last two decades fighting to stop abortion, and I will be damned if I’m going to give them any money now.

This is not the case of a rebel searching for a cause. This cause found me when Congress decided our constitutional rights and our preborn children were expendable. I wasn’t a criminal yesterday, or for the past 18 years, but somehow today I find myself on the other side of the law. So be it. I’ve seen all the chest thumping coming from Washington, and I’ve heard all about “red lines” and “no negotiations,” but I’m just a simple man with a simple plan.

I’m not buying a health-care policy that will fund abortion, and I’m certainly not paying any penalty for freely choosing to do so. At some point, they may lock me up. Before that, I’ll probably get some threatening letters and a few visits from the health-care cops. At the end of the day, however, my answer will be the same:

I trust in the Lord and I comply with all just laws, but I will not comply with any unlawful mandate to participate in the killing of innocent children.

If you feel the same way, I encourage you to look at A Pledge for the Preservation of Life and Liberty. If you are able, add your signature, and be one of the first to tell Congress: Thanks, but no thanks. We prefer a respect for life and our nation’s hard-earned religious freedom!

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/now-im-an...ACZekXJClgH.99

Thanks

Hey, here's the number to Obamacare.

It’s 1-800-318-2596

it spells out 1-800-F1U-CKYO.

Hahahahaha

Thanks

Fake ObamaScare Insurance Exchange Sites Already Spotted, Present Big Phishing Problem

Posted on October 4, 2013

Fake ObamaCare Insurance Exchange Sites Already Spotted.

Amid numerous reports of ObamaCare exchange difficulties, Internet cloud security company Trend Micro has reported that they have already seen spam targeted to words such as “Medicare,” “enrollment,” and “medical insurance.” The company reports that some of the spam variants appear “professional enough to fool some users into opening the email and clicking the links in these messages.”

According to SecurityWatch magazine, Trend Micro’s threat communications manager Christopher Budd said “deep problems with the Marketplace websites could make things much worse.”

Budd wrote last week that due to the way the online registration for ObamaCare will work, and to the type of information people must enter online to obtain health insurance coverage, “there’s a real risk of a perfect storm that can make this process a bonanza for identity thieves and cybercriminals:”

(Saw this coming.....)

Thanks

by wkchild

Half Of US Population Accounts For Only 2.9% Of Healthcare Spending; 1% Responsible For 21.4% Of Expenditures

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 09/30/2013 – 11:06

With the topic of peak class polarization once again permeating the airwaves and clogging up NSA servers, and terms like 1% this or that being thrown around for political punchlines and other talking points, one aspect where social inequality has gotten less prominence, yet where the spread between the “1%” and everyone else is perhaps most substantial is in realm of healthcare spending: perhaps the biggest threat to the long-term sustainability of the US debt picture and economy in general. The numbers are stunning.

According to the latest data compiled by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, in 2010, just 1% of the population accounted for a whopping 21.4% of total health care expenditures with an annual mean expenditure of $87,570. Just below them, 5% of the population accounted for nearly 50% of all healthcare spending.

Just as stunning is the “other” side: the lower 50 percent of the population ranked by their expenditures accounted for only 2.8% of the total for 2009 and 2010 respectively. Perhaps in addition to bashing the “1%” of wealth holders, a relatively straightforward and justified exercise in the current political climate, it is time for public attention to also turn to the chronic 1% (and 5%)-ers who are the primary issue when it comes to the debt-funding needed to preserve the US welfare state.
    Read More Here: zerohedge.com

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Mandating health Insurance - Obamacare

Obamacare Facebook Erupts with Citizen Sticker Shock

by Wynton Hall 4 Oct 2013, 7:56 AM PDT post a comment

On Thursday, the government's official Obamacare Facebook page was riddled with people expressing sticker shock over the government's high cost premiums after struggling for hours to wade through the technical failures vexing Obamacare exchanges all across the country.

"I am so disappointed," wrote one woman. "These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!" The comment received 169 "likes."

"There is NO WAY I can afford it," said one commenter after using the Kaiser Subsidy Calculator. "Heck right now I couldn't afford an extra 10$ [sic] a month...and oh apparently I make to [sic] much at 8.55/hour to get subsidies."

Another person shared a link found on the federal government's main Obamacare page listing premium estimates for small business employers:
    The information is not very complete as I don't see anything about deductible or other detailed info, but it does given an actual price as to the "Premium." It is VERY SCARY!! For example, my insurance plan right now for my spouse and I costs $545 a month with 100% coverage after my $2500 deductible. We are both 32 years old. When I looked at this site for 80% coverage it says it will be $954.78 a month!!!! So compare my old Plan: 100% coverage for $545 a month To New Plan: 80% Coverage for $945 a month. This is only only an estimate but it is VERY Scary for me to see this kind of increase in rates and reduction in benefits!

A single mother of two said she is in school and working full-time while living "75% below the poverty level." She said she was shocked to learn she did not qualify for a healthcare subsidy. "Are you F'ing kidding me????" she wrote on the government's Obamacare Facebook page. "Where the HELL am I supposed to get $3,000 more a year to pay for this 'bronze' health insurance plan!?!??? And I DO NOT EVEN WANT INSURANCE to begin with!! This is frightening," she wrote.

Amid scores of comments expressing frustration with technical failures, one woman said she is "just amazed you could even get to the point of seeing pricing" and that she had been trying to access the system for three days to no avail.

Obamacare sticker shock will not affect millions of low-income Americans; a New York Times analysis published on Wednesday found that Obamacare "will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help."

Obamacare will cost taxpayers an estimated $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

by wkchild

Your Personal Data: Intercepted, Monitored, Recorded, and Disclosed

by Lily Dane, Activist Post:
    Residents of Kentucky encountered a startling warning when they attempted to use “kynect”, the state-run health insurance marketplace website:
    This is a government computer system and is the property of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. It is for authorized use only regardless of time of day, location or method of access.

Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit expectation of privacy. Any or all uses of this system and all files on the system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized state government and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.

By using this system the user consents to such at the discretion of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Unauthorized or improper use of this system may result in administrative disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties. The unauthorized disclosure of Data containing privacy or health data may result in criminal penalties under Federal authority.

The information customers need to provide to enroll in the marketplace via kynect includes Social Security numbers, immigration status, pay stubs, alimony payments, student loan information, and current health insurance information.
    And per the disclaimer, that information can be used by state agencies at their “discretion.”

Gwenda Bond, a spokesperson for kynect, called the disclaimer “problematic,” and said it was a mistake.

Here’s what she told the Washington Free Beacon:

“The disclaimer is a federal requirement intended to let all who come on the website know this is a governmental entity and sensitive information is contained within.”

“While the language sounds severe, it actually is a warning to those who might try to inappropriately use the website or any personal information contained within,” she said. “We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we are working to modify the language so the message is more clear.”

Oh, the message is clear, all right. Loud and clear.

Bond also said that kynect will change the wording of the disclaimer to the following:

This website is the property of the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange. This is to notify you that you are only authorized to use this site, or any information accessed through this site, for its intended purpose of assisting individuals, employers or employees in the selection or purchase of health plans or other benefits.

Unauthorized access or disclosure of personal and confidential information may be punishable by fines under state and federal law. Unauthorized access to this website or access in excess of your authorization may also be criminally punishable. The Commonwealth of Kentucky and the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange follow applicable federal and state guidelines to protect information from misuse or unauthorized access.

Is this their way of telling us our data is really NOT secure?

The difference between the two disclaimers is striking. In the revised version, the language referencing “no expectation of privacy” has been removed. Does that mean users no longer have to be concerned about their data being “intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized state government and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign”?

At the time of this writing, the kynect website was “not available”. Surprise, surprise.

The health insurance exchange websites launched less than a week ago and have already experienced glitches, system errors, website crashes, and security issues.
    But then, are we really surprised that something run by the government isn’t working properly?
    Source: Activist Post

Thanks

by wkchild

Bring It On: I Will Not Comply with Obamacare

Daisy Luther
    October 6th, 2013
    The Organic Prepper

Editor’s Note: Millions of Americans are trying to figure out what to do following the launch of the Affordable Care Act and its broad implications for our economy, liberty, and our personal financial well being. Our friend Daisy Luther of The Organic Prepper has an idea. It’s one that the majority of you will likely agree with. What if we all decide NOT TO COMPLY? What if we simply refuse to participate? Daisy discusses why we should do this, how to go about it, and the threats we face from a government hell-bent on enforcing their mandates on the American people by way of the barrel of a gun. Not “no”, Mr. President – But, HELL NO

I will not comply with Obamacare.

There. I said it.

I am unequivocally not going to be complying with Obamacare.

I also won’t be purchasing health insurance at 4 times the regular price, nor will I participate in the government-funded “exchange” for “affordable” healthcare.

Now, first, let me be clear – this isn’t because I’d be paying $20,000 per year for the crappiest coverage. In reality, Obamacare and the subsidies my family is eligible for would make the cost incredibly reasonable – but that is not the point.

The point is this: I am an American, and as such, I refuse to be forced to purchase anything else. I have already been forced to have car insurance, forced to purchase annually the “privilege” of driving via a license and having a (paid-for) car on the road via a license plate, and forced to pay taxes on my income and every purchase that I make.

When I moved back home to America after living in Canada, I never expected to be subjected to government coercion on this grand scale. I will not comply. The government is fond of saying that they will not negotiate with terrorists. Well, neither will I – and the US government under the reign of Barack Obama is the biggest terrorist organization around.

Michael Rivero of What Really Happened gives the best explanation I’ve seen for why the government is so intent that everyone must participate in this program. They have run the country into the ground and want to force us all to pay as they vainly struggle to keep things afloat. This is a last ditch effort – the only alternative is economic collapse.

Obama’s utter refusal to compromise or delay Obamacare is more than mere political grandstanding. Obama has to prove he can continue to make the payments on the government debt. Now, based on reports we are getting form people who did sign up for Obamacare, they are being offered policies that cost about $500 a month, and have a deductible in the tens of thousands. That means that for the vast majority of Americans, they will be paying $500 month for insurance that will in fact pay none of their medical costs. So, $500 a month is $6000 a year times 200 million complying Americans equals $1.2 trillion a year pouring into the Health Insurance companies as pure profit, of which the US Government gets almost $200 billion in taxes (plus the IRS fines on those who refuse to sign up). And THAT is why Obama is demanding that Obamacare move forward now, despite a totally botched computer management system and despite 71% public opposition. Absent that new cash flow, the US Government will collapse, and the one year delay proposed by the House of Representatives is far to long to survive without some new source of loot from the public. (source)
    It’s clear that our non-compliance in large numbers could stop this madness. We just have to say, “No. I will not comply.”

Why is this such a big deal?

There are numerous reasons for my planned non-compliance.

1.) People who make more money than I do should not be forced to subsidize my health care. I have no desire for a handout and this is assuredly a handout. One of my closest friends will be paying over $15,000 per year for a family of 5. With the small amount that I’d pay for my family, it is quite clear that my friend, and others like him, would be paying for us. I have always paid my own bills and don’t expect others to take up my slack. I am not a welfare case.

2.) Despite the fact that my family is apparently far before the poverty level, we don’t feel poor. We have everything we need and some of what we want. I budget carefully in order to be able to pay for things like the emergency trip to the dentist for my daughter last week. My child wears nice clothes to school, always has enough to eat and seems to feel that she has the same privileges and possessions as her friends do.

3.) This is going to delete the middle class. Once the wheels are truly in motion, there will no longer be a middle class. Everyone will be dirt poor or well-to-do. There won’t be any middle ground, as average folks watch their expenses skyrocket. Soon people will be forced to make the choice between Obamacare and food.

4.) This is just another way to make the populace dependent on the benevolence of government. Much like the push to put people on food stamps, what better way to make people dependent than to force them to accept this type of assistance? If private health insurance continues to spiral wildly, then almost no one will be able to afford health care without Obamacare.

5.) This is an assault on my medical privacy. Does the government need to know a person is depressed? If a woman skipped a mammogram that they feel is vital? That someone might have opted for an “alternative” treatment? If they have an STD? If they have a sexual dysfunction? NO. It directly violates the doctor-patient privilege. Furthermore, data has already been leaked and the system isn’t even live yet – all sorts of non-medical-professionals will have access to my personal information, both medical and financial.

6.) I’m not having my family’s health care decisions made by other people. What happens when I refuse to vaccinate my children? Right now, that is my choice, but when someone else is paying for it, will I still have the option to say no? I always opt for the least chemical, least invasive treatments possible, but when someone else pulls the strings will that still be an option? If I refuse treatment will they refuse payment? Will I no longer be allowed to leave my home during flu season if I don’t get the flu shot?

What are the ramifications of non-compliance?

Noncompliance with Obamacare has harsh penalties. The government wants you to feel as though you have no choice whether or not you participate. The scare tactics are already operational, as one man found when he attempted to opt out of the online sign up.

A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page. (source)

If you refuse to comply, here are some of the potential punishments you could be subject to, according to a Senate research document called The PPACA Penalty Provision and the Internal Revenue Service.

#1. You will be assessed a penalty by the IRS on your tax bill. You will be told to pay the fine and will not receive any retroactive health care coverage – in other words, you get nothing for your money.

If you skip the insurance, you’ll pay a penalty. For 2014 the fine is $95 for an individual or 1 percent of your income, whichever is greater, along with $47.50 per uninsured child, maxing out at $285 for the year.

But by 2016, an individual would pay $695 or 2.5 percent of your income.

The TurboTax website has a calculator to help you determine how high a penalty you’d pay.

Without insurance, you’d also face a double whammy. By 2016 you’d be forking over almost $700 to the federal government and having nothing to show for it, and still have to pay your own medical bills if you’re injured or become ill. (source)

#2. If you, like me, refuse to pay that penalty, they’ll up the stakes by withdrawing the penalty from any tax refund that you are due.

#3. If you aren’t due for a tax refund that they can seize, and you still refuse to pay the penalty, the next step might be for the IRS to pursue the penalty in the same way they would any non-payment of taxes.

Section 5000A(g)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) states that “the penalty provided by this section shall be paid upon notice and demand by the Secretary.” Subject to certain exceptions, the penalty is to be assessed and collected in the same way as assessable penalties. Assessable penalties generally are assessed and collected in the same manner as taxes.15 (source)

#4. This could include “silent” liens on your property which you wouldn’t even know about until you tried to sell something big like your home or your car.

Once the tax is assessed, the taxpayer will receive a Notice and Demand for Payment, which will advise the taxpayer of the balance due—the sum of the assessed tax plus interest and applicable penalties—and request payment in full within ten days. If such payment is not made, a federal tax lien will be created under § 6321 of the IRC.18 This is often referred to as a silent lien because, at this point, there has been no notice of federal tax lien (NFTL). Without notice, the IRS’s claim against property still takes priority over most other claims; however, certain claims would be superior to the IRS claim. These include a subsequent purchaser of the property as well as holders of security interests, mechanic’s liens, or judgments, even if they arise later in time.

Generally an individual taxpayer may receive up to 3 more notices requesting payment. The last of these notices is sent by certified mail and is a notice of the IRS’s intent to levy the taxpayer’s assets to satisfy the tax debt. This notice also advises delinquent taxpayers that the IRS may file a NFTL if payment is not made within thirty days. If none of these notices results in payment or a payment arrangement,20 in most cases the account is then transferred to the IRS’s Automated Collection System (ACS) (source)

#5. Next they could potentially empty your bank account and take your property and sell it out from under you.

Thirty days after providing a Final Notice of Intent to Levy and Notice of Your Right to Appeal, the IRS may levy the taxpayer’s property, both real and personal.22 This means that wages may be garnished until the tax is paid in full. All funds in a bank account that are available for withdrawal on the date the levy is received by the bank may be taken.23 In some cases, the IRS may sell property belonging to the taxpayer after providing public notice and advising the taxpayer of the minimum bid price. (source)

#6. No mention is made of taking away your driver’s license, but if you happen to be a federal contractor things could get hairy.

Delinquency in federal taxes is a ground for debarment of a federal contractor. However, debarment is not an automatic process and requires that the contracting agency initiate debarment proceedings against a government contractor. (source)

#7. But maybe they won’t really do it. According to the PPACA, the IRS cannot go further than the silent liens for this particular penalty.

Section 5000A(g)(2) of the IRC limits the means the IRS may employ to collect the penalty established in the section. First, the taxpayer is protected from either criminal prosecution or penalty for failure to pay the penalty. Second, the IRS is prohibited from either filing a NFTL or levying any property in an effort to collect the penalty. There is no prohibition, however, on establishing a statutory lien against the taxpayer’s property under § 6321. No additional limits are placed on the IRS using correspondence or phone calls, either through its own employees or through private collection agencies, in an effort to collect the amount owed. Additionally, no restriction was placed on the IRS’s ability to use the refund offset as a means of collecting the amount due.

Those who are required to pay the penalty for failure to maintain minimum coverage but choose not to do so will be subject to increases in the amount owed due to interest and late payment penalties imposed on the penalty after it has been assessed by the IRS. The IRS may impose interest on tax, including penalties, under § 6601(a), (e)(2), and it may impose penalties under § 6651(a)(3).

A taxpayer who chooses not to pay the required penalty may ultimately forfeit more than the amount ofthe penalty if that taxpayer is ever in the position of having an overpayment to the IRS for any reason, since the refund offset applies not only to overpayments shown on original tax returns, but also to any subsequent adjustments, for example an audit by the IRS that results in an overpayment. Further, as explained above, it is possible that the IRS could present its claim when property is being sold and collect both the original penalty amount along with accrued interest and applicable penalties. (source)

I’m not a lawyer, but it appears to me that, according to this federal document, the absolute worst case scenario is that you would be assessed penalties on your penalties and the only way they could collect those would be if you sold your home or car. The trustworthiness of both the government and the arm of enforcement for this, the IRS, are dubious, but according to the codes that I am reading, that looks like the ultimate allowable collection strong-arm tactic. (You might still want to consider only letting minimum amounts of money remain in your bank accounts, however.)

Join me in saying no.

So, Obama regime, bring it on. I’m not just saying no, Mr. President. But HELL, no.

I am ready and waiting for the assaults from the IRS. I understand that within a period of time, I won’t be able to sell any large items that I have paid for – and that is fine – I would prefer to give them away than to pay this blood money. I have read the penalties and realize what I’m in for. I also know how other people who have said no have been treated – the IRS auditors are released like stealth weapons, destroying lives, shutting down accounts, and seizing property in order to make an example out of the resistor.

However, I’m done. I will not be forced anymore. I don’t really care what the Supreme Court says – I have also read the Constitution, and no place in it does it contain the phrase, “Participation in Obamacare is your duty as an American.” Mike Adams of Natural News referred to this as “unlimited theft and confiscation.” And he’s right.

I’ve started a page on Facebook called We Will Not Comply with Obamacare, where I can pass on all of the information I come across regarding noncompliance with Obamacare. Please join me there if you have a social media account. Based on the figures that Michael Rivero put forth, the refusal of a small percentage of us to participate in this extortion could throw a giant cog in the wheels of this plan. If we have learned anything about resistance over the last few years, it is that the power of social media can be an enormous factor in educating the public and letting the government and large corporations know that our voices will be heard.

Sometimes revolution can be as simple as stating a calm and unwavering, “No. I will not comply.”

Source: shtfplan.com

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I've highlighted the important part...

Obamacare's Winners And Losers In Bay Area

October 5, 2013

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

"Welcome to the club," said Robert Laszewksi, a prominent health care consultant and president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates in Virginia.

For years, the nation has been embroiled in the political rhetoric of "Obamacare," but this past week the reality of the new law sank in as millions of Americans had their first good look at how the 3 1/2-year-old legislation will affect their pocketbooks.

This much quickly became clear:

As state- and federal-run health insurance exchanges debuted across the country offering a range of prices for different tiers of insurance coverage, the new online marketplaces -- which represent the centerpiece of Obamacare -- could greatly benefit more than 40 million Americans who now lack coverage. But an additional 16 million -- who buy individual health insurance policies on the open market -- are finding out that their plans may not comply with the new law, which requires 10 essential benefits such as maternity care, mental health care and prescription drug coverage.

In California, 1.9 million people buy plans on the open market, according to officials with Covered California, the state's new health insurance exchange. And many of them are steaming mad.

"There's going to be a number of people surprised" by their bills, said Jonathan Wu, a co-founder of ValuePenguin, a consumer finance website. "The upper-middle class are the people who are essentially being asked to foot the bill, and that's true across the country."

Covered California spokesman Dana Howard maintained that in public presentations the exchange has always made clear that there will be winners and losers under Obamacare.

"Some people will see an increase who are already on the individual market purchasing insurance," he said, "but most people will not."

Covered California officials note that at least 570,000 of the 1.9 million people who buy their own insurance should be eligible for subsidies that will reduce their premiums.

Even those who don't qualify for the tax subsidies could see their rates drop because Obamacare doesn't allow insurers to charge people more if they have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes and cancer, he said.

People like Marilynn Gray-Raine.

The 64-year-old Danville artist, who survived breast cancer, has purchased health insurance for herself for decades. She watched her Anthem Blue Cross monthly premiums rise from $317 in 2005 to $1,298 in 2013. But she found out last week from the Covered California site that her payments will drop to about $795 a month.

But people with no pre-existing conditions like Vinson, a 60-year-old retired teacher, and Waschura, a 52-year-old self-employed engineer, are making up the difference.

"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

Both Vinson and Waschura have adjusted gross incomes greater than four times the federal poverty level -- the cutoff for a tax credit. And while both said they anticipated their rates would go up, they didn't realize they would rise so much.

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

A frustrated Vinson went on the Covered California site to see what she would pay for the same policy if she lived in Los Angeles or Sacramento. She discovered she would save at least $100 monthly.

According to data compiled by ValuePenguin, Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, San Francisco as well as Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Benito counties have some of the highest health insurance rates in the state. Covered California officials say that in addition to the higher cost of living here, more hospitals in the Bay Area are owned by hospital groups that can demand higher rates because of the lack of competition.

Not all of the sticker shock can be blamed on Obamacare.

Health care inflation costs routinely increase at least 4 percent annually, said Ken Wood, a senior adviser for Covered California. Those increases, he noted, are due to an aging population and the rising costs of new medical technology and drugs, among other factors.

But Wood, Wu and others also said premiums will rise as a result of people getting better insurance under the new law, which requires most Americans, with few exceptions, to buy health insurance no later than March 31, or pay a minimum $95 annual penalty.

The law's intent is to cover people who are now uninsured by making insurance accessible to everybody. But that means rates will rise for many because sick and healthy people will now be charged the same premium.

Adding a required list of 10 essential benefits to all plans is also significant. A study published last year in the journal Health Affairs said more than half of Americans who had individual insurance in 2010 were enrolled in plans that would not qualify because they didn't meet all the new requirements.

Wood likened these mandates to the higher cost of buying cars today that must have safety features like air bags and anti-lock brakes.

The law also will often make some policies more expensive because it limits out-of-pocket expenses to $6,350 annually for an individual and $12,700 for a family. In addition, the law restricts the minimum and maximum premiums that people can be charged based on their age.

Now, a 64-year-old can be charged almost five times more than a 21-year-old. Beginning Jan. 1, it will be a 3-1 ratio.

Those explanations, however, don't completely satisfy Waschura and Vinson.

"I'm not against Obamacare," Waschura said. "It's just the initial shock. I'm holding out hope that there will be a correction over a handful of years."

But to Gray-Raine, the breast cancer survivor from the East Bay, that correction has already come.

"Obamacare is a huge step in the right direction for those of us without employer coverage," she said, adding that she hopes everyone will "join in and make this new legislation a success for all."

Thanks

dumb fucks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    dumb fucks
    Yeah, but the stupidity of these people is threatening me and my family and friends way of life. We've worked to hard to see it disappear into the maw of an ever-hungry government, or more properly, into the ever-hungry maws of the useless drones who feed off of taxpayer's money in return for votes in the Democratic Plantation.

Thanks

Congress didn't shut down the government, Obama and Reid did it.

it's time to shut it down for-real

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Congress didn't shut down the government, Obama and Reid did it.

it's time to shut it down for-real
    I'd be happy if they just turned off the EBT cards. Ah hell, who am I kidding, they could bribe me with $500/month.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

lol

Thanks

Forbes: Obamacare website troubles are meant to weed out healthy middle class

12:15 AM 10/15/2013

The technical disasters of the Obamacare exchange debacle over the past two weeks are not an accident, but rather a way to disguise the costs of healthcare plans and weed out people who don’t qualify for a federal subsidy, Forbes reports.

Tech experts examining the Obamacare federal health exchange, Healthcare.gov, are becoming increasingly convinced that the traffic bottlenecks and site crashes experienced over the first two weeks were not by accident, wrote Forbes.

An HHS spokesperson recently told The Wall Street Journal that implementation of a feature enabling users with the option to preview premiums was delayed as a way to filter users.

“An HHS spokeswoman said the agency wanted to ensure that users were aware of their eligibility for subsidies that could help pay for coverage, before they started seeing the prices of policies,” wrote the publication.

The agency was worried that the spike in healthcare premiums under the new system would scare prospective buyers away, concluded Forbes writer Avik Roy.

The reasoning behind this, said Roy, was because Obamacare was not designed to help healthy people with average incomes.

“It was designed to force those people to pay more for coverage, in order to subsidize insurance for people with incomes near the poverty line, and those with chronic or costly medical conditions,” said Roy.

The Obamacare website’s administrators later added a similar feature to the site last week, but it still fails to give users an adequate picture of what they will really pay – especially if they qualify for a federal subsidy.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/fo...#ixzz2hoWFkqlL

Thanks

Should post this is this is what's wrong with the country

11,588,500 Words: Obamacare Regs 30x as Long as Law

October 15, 2013 evilofindifference Leave a comment Go to comments

” Bureaucracies in the Obama Administration have thus far published approximately 11,588,500 words of final Obamacare regulations, while there are only 381,517 words in the Obamacare law itself.

That means unelected federal officials have now written 30 words of regulations for each word in the law.

What is commonly known as the Obamacare law includes both the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (HCERA). Since these bills were signed into law by President Barack Obama in March 2010, various agencies in the administration have published 109 final regulations spelling out how they are to be implemented.”

Via CNS News

Thanks

Sebelius: ObamaCare To Bring 'Western Civilization To Its Knees'

Posted 10/14/2013 06:58 PM ET

Health Care: In a stunning admission, our Health and Human Services secretary admits ObamaCare is part of the fundamental transformation of America away from a free market in anything to a nanny state on steroids.

Maybe Kathleen Sebelius was being sarcastic, or maybe she thought it might be a good way to reach the "young invincibles" who feel they had better things to do with their money than enroll in ObamaCare. But her recent appearance on Jon Stewart's show on Comedy Central went about as well as ObamaCare's train wreck of a rollout.

Stewart hammered her and ObamaCare, as we have, on why she and President Obama granted delays for employers and insurers in their mandates, while individuals were still being forced into the comedy central known as the ObamaCare exchanges.

Failing to get a straight answer, Stewart pointed out that businesses are basing hiring decisions now based on ObamaCare's expensive regulatory straightjacket. He noted that businesses are cutting worker hours to exploit a loophole in the law, but Sebelius denied it.

Then in a moment of intended sarcasm that was really one of unintentional honesty, the U.S. secretary of health and human services said, "As you know, we're facing the end of the Western Civilization by having a market-based strategy. We are bringing Western Civilization to its knees by selling private insurance plans on a website where people can pick and choose."

People have long been able to buy insurance online and free to choose which insurance to buy and from whom or not to buy any at all. By forcing people to buy a product they don't want, Sebelius and the Obama administration are bringing Western civilization to its knees — at least our Constitution-based part of it.

ObamaCare limits our choices and freedom. A true market-based strategy would let people save money tax-free in medical savings accounts and use that money to choose their doctor and buy insurance tailored to their needs, with companies competing for their business across state lines. No mandates, no bureaucrats.

But then ObamaCare has never been about health care. It's been about power, as IRS target Dr. Ben Carson made clear Friday at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. The former Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon called the Affordable Care Act the "worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery."

He wasn't exaggerating.

ObamaCare puts the U.S. government in charge of fully one-sixth of America's economy, unconstitutionally seeks to force Americans to buy a service, often against their will, and places each individual's health at the eventual mercy of government bureaucracy.

ObamaCare's power to tax is the power to destroy our free-market economy — and our freedoms, as well.

So Sebelius is right after all. ObamaCare, as the song goes, is the end of the world as we know it.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz2hts5Swu6
    Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Thread Information