Thread: External LCD Monitor Not Displaying Full Screen

Thanks

Default External LCD Monitor Not Displaying Full Screen

I have a dell 24" LCD monitor and a dell laptop. Recently, the hard drive on my laptop crapped out and i had it replaced. The only thing I cannot get to work is my laptop displaying full screen to the monitor. It seems as if the laptop thinks the external display is the same size as my laptop. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Dell cannot fix it under normal warrenty and will charge me to do so.

Thanks

Default Re: External LCD Monitor Not Displaying Full Screen

Quote Originally Posted by zenbudda View Post
    I have a dell 24" LCD monitor and a dell laptop. Recently, the hard drive on my laptop crapped out and i had it replaced. The only thing I cannot get to work is my laptop displaying full screen to the monitor. It seems as if the laptop thinks the external display is the same size as my laptop. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Dell cannot fix it under normal warrenty and will charge me to do so.
    For starters, go to the Dell support site and download the latest video driver.

Once you've done that, and you've view the desktop on the external display, right click/properties and see if the full resolution is available.

If not, there may be a utility that either came with the display or can be downloaded from the mfg to open up to the full 1920x1080.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

in the display settings, you should have 2 monitors listed on that first screen. #1 should be the laptop, and #2 should be the other monitor. set that #2 monitor to the higher resolution.

Thanks

i have done both of the above posts and all it does it set the display to the 1080 setting but does not display full screen. interestingly enough, i loaded WoW and when the game loaded it loaded full screen but 720 as the resolution. when i changed the display settings in WoW to 1080, it went back to the original problem where i see blackspace between the dispaly and the edge of the monitor.

OH, and thank you very much for responding.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Moved to General Topics.

Thread Information