Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Obama a Muslim?

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Is Obama a Muslim?

Obama Sends Best Wishes to Muslims for Eid-al-Fitr

VOA News 09 September 2010

Related Articles

U.S. President Barack Obama has sent best wishes to Muslims worldwide on the occasion of Eid-al-Fitr, marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan.

In a statement Thursday, President Obama said the holiday is a time of self-reflection, focusing on values that Muslims and people of all faiths share.

Mr. Obama said this year's Eid is also an occasion to reflect on the importance of religious tolerance.

President Obama said that this year, those affected by the devastated floods in Pakistan will be on the minds of many around the world. He said all Americans can participate in the relief, recovery and reconstruction efforts by donating to the Pakistan Relief Fund at www.state.gov.

The holiday comes as plans to build an Islamic community center and mosque near the site of New York City's former World Trade Center have sparked intense opposition in the United States.

Also, a minister in the state of Florida is threatening to burn copies of the Quran on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Most Gulf Arab states have announced they will celebrate the Muslim holiday Friday.

Like most major Islamic events, the start of the Eid festival depends on a lunar sighting. Muslims look for a new moon to proclaim the start of the month in Islam's lunar calendar.

The timing of Eid can vary in different countries accordingly.

Eid al-Fitr celebrates the purification achieved by a month of sunrise-to-sunset fasting, one of the five pillars of Islam, and is marked by several days of festivities.

The timing of Eid can vary in different countries accordingly.

Eid al-Fitr celebrates the purification achieved by a month of sunrise-to-sunset fasting, one of the five pillars of Islam, and is marked by several days of festivities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Pakistan Minister urges Obama to become Ameer-ul-Momineen (Muslim Supreme Leader)

Published: September 02, 2010

ISLAMABAD – In a development that could be duly termed as one and only of its kind, an incumbent Government’s Minister has urged US President Barrack Obama to offer Eid prayers at Ground Zero Mosque and become “Ameer-ul-Momineen” of Muslim Ummah.

Minister of State for Industries and former member Pakistan Ideological Council Ayatullah Durrani called TheNation on Wednesday to register his demand made to President Obama.

“The coming Eid would expectedly be observed on 9/11, this a golden opportunity for President Obama to offer Eid prayers at Ground Zero and become Amir-ul-Momineen or Caliph of Muslims. In this way, all the problems of Muslim World would be solved,” he thought.

Durrani argued that Muslim World was in “dire need” of a Caliph and the distinguished slot of Caliphate would earn President Obama the exemplary titles of what he termed, “Mullah Barrack Hussain Obama” or “Allama Obama.” “The time is approaching fast.

Barrack Hussain Obama must act now. This is a golden opportunity, Muslims badly need it,” he added, saying that the elevation of President Obama to Muslim’s Caliphate would be the “key to success.”

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

LOL

Muslims need it badly.
    Libertatem Prius!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Posting this for future reference, because I believe Barry O. to be disingenuous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/...a_christianity

By CHARLES BABINGTON and DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press Writers Charles Babington And Darlene Superville, Associated Press Writers

Tue Sep 28, 11:22 pm ET

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – President Barack Obama, in a rare discussion about his religious beliefs, described himself on Tuesday as a "Christian by choice" who arrived at his faith in adulthood because "the precepts of Jesus Christ" helped him envision the kind of life he wanted to lead.

Obama talked about his beliefs when he was asked, "Why are you a Christian." The question was posed by a woman at a backyard conversation here, part of a series of meetings Obama is holding to talk informally with Americans.

Some conservatives and political opponents have questioned Obama's Christian faith. In fact, a Pew Research Center poll in August found that 18 percent of people wrongly believe Obama is Muslim - up from 11 percent who said so in March 2009. Just 34 percent said they thought Obama is Christian.

"I'm a Christian by choice," Obama told his audience here. "My family didn't - frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn't raise me in the church.

"So I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead - being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me," he continued.

"And I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes, and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God," Obama said. "But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace."

Obama said he seeks to do that through daily prayer and public service.

"That's what I strive to do. That's what I pray to do every day," he said. "I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith."

Obama is the son of a Muslim father from Kenya. His mother was from Kansas. As a boy, he lived for several years in predominantly Muslim Indonesia with his mother and Indonesian stepfather. Some think his full name, Barack Hussein Obama, sounds Muslim.

Obama turned his extended reply to the question about his faith into a subtle call for religious tolerance.

"One thing I want to emphasize, having spoken about something that obviously relates to me very personally, as president of the United States I'm also somebody who deeply believes that part of the bedrock strength of this country is that it embraces people of many faiths and no faith," he said. "That this is a country that is still predominantly Christian, but we have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and that their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own."

"That's part of what makes this country what it is," Obama said.

Obama was a longtime member of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

But during the 2008 presidential campaign he resigned from the church and cut ties with its pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, after videotapes surfaced of sermons in which Wright shouted "God damn America" and accused the government of creating AIDS.

Wright had helped Obama embrace Christianity, officiated at his wedding and baptized Obama and daughters Milia and Sasha.

Obama and his family have worshipped at several churches in Washington, and aides say the president enjoys attending services at the chapel at the Camp David presidential retreat. But he has yet to join a congregation in the nation's capital.

Obama's questioner said she had three "hot topic" questions for him. Her other questions were about abortion and whether he'd take home some of her husband's chili peppers.

Obama said abortion should be "safe, legal and rare" and that such a decision should be made by the woman involved, not the government.

And, he said, he'd take some of the peppers to go.

"I like spicy food to go with your spicy questions," Obama said.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Taqiyya

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

You nailed it, Minuteman.

Thanks

Obama-Praised Muslim Superheros Coming to TV
    Trading Cape For the Burqa

Andrea Peyser/October 11, 2010

Hide your face and grab the kids. Coming soon to a TV in your child's bedroom is a posse of righteous,
    Sharia-compliant Muslim superheroes -- including one who fights crime hidden head-to-toe by a burqa.

These Islamic butt-kickers are ready to bring truth, justice and indoctrination to impressionable Western minds.

Scheduled for release on the new network
    The Hub -- formerly Discovery Kids -- which launches today (Time Warner and DirecTV carry it in the city), is a cartoon beloved in the Arab world and received timidly in Britain last year, "The 99."

The program chronicles the adventures of 99 superheroes, each of whom embodies an attribute of Allah.

Jabbar is a Muslim Incredible Hulk. Mumita is wicked fast. But Wonder Woman-style cleavage has been banned from the ladies. And, in this faith-based cartoon, hair-hiding head scarves are mandatory for five characters, not including burqa babe Batina the Hidden.

In another break from standard world-saving fare, male and female characters are never alone together. (Imagine the stoning super-strong characters would dish out.) "The 99" even has the seal of approval of a
    Sharia board -- which polices Muslim law -- affiliated with an Islamic bank from which the show received financing.

What a great time to come to the United States!

No higher an authority than
    President Obama praised the work of the comic's creator, Kuwaiti psychologist Naif al-Mustawa. At an April meeting with Arab entrepreneurs, Obama said, "His superheroes embody the teachings of the tolerance of Islam."

There was no stopping it.

The Hub, a joint venture with Hasbro toys, announced in May that it would produce and air episodes of "The 99." But then, murmurs of dissatisfaction turned into a cry.

How can a secular nation endorse a children's show aimed at pushing one religion?

A Times of London columnist wrote last year that the show's mission was "to instill old-fashioned Islamic values in Christian, Jewish and atheist children."

Then last month, the conservative Family Security Matters think tank published a piece titled "Meet the Muslim Superheroes Who Are Ready to Indoctrinate American Kids."

Acknowledging Mustawa's efforts to bridge cultures, editor Adrian Morgan asked, "Are we going to see ass-kicking Christian superhero nuns called Faith, Hope and Charity whooping sinners' butts and sending Satan into hell? It's doubtful."

The effect was quick.

The debut of "The 99" has been pushed back at least until January, said a Hub source who asked not to be named. He blamed unspecified "production issues" for the delay.

Some New York parents don't want to see it at all.

"They're taking advantage of the fact that in every middle-class household, Mom and Dad are working their asses off," said Andy Sullivan, a Queens construction worker and dad who's been fighting the Ground Zero mosque.

"They know the kids are watching TV or on the Internet. So maybe
    Sharia becomes OK. It's a game. It gradually becomes more and more in their lives."

Mom-of-two Trish Mobley said, "I have no problem with Muslim superheroes, but lose the burqa. A female superhero should not wear a symbol of subservience to men. It's also completely impractical when fighting bad guys."

"Muslim superheroes?" asked Rich Pecorella, who lost his fiancée on 9/11. "They're dragging religion into an area that we don't drag religion into in this country."

Now we're getting a comic book based on a wheelchair-bound Muslim superhero. What's next?

I have no doubt Muslims are as fast and strong as any Supermen. But we don't need religious icons masquerading as good guys.

Cancel "The 99" before it starts.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Creeping Sharia
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

I think you misspoke. Isn't that:

"Holy Creeping Sharia Camelman!" uttered by the Sheepboy.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

lol. Holy??? Well, if they'd watched and learned anything from The Incredibles, they'd not be wearing capes these days. It does look like they understand the concept of the trojan horse quite well, though.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

By NWV News writer Jim Kouri
    Posted 1:00 AM Eastern
    November 4, 2010
    © 2010 NewsWithViews.com

At least 62 Iraqi Christians were killed and over 60 wounded on Sunday in a terrorist inspired bloodbath at Baghdad's Our Lady of Deliverance Catholic Church. U.S. special forces troops, together with Iraqi security forces, launched a deadly attempt to free the Christian being held hostage by the terrorist captors.

The Al Qaeda-linked "Islamic State of Iraq" claimed responsibility and threatened to "exterminate Iraqi Christians." This shadowy jihad terror network justified the savagery on religious grounds, claiming that the church was an "obscene nest of the polytheists [infidels]" and a "base for their struggle against the religion of Islam."

Since the collapse of Saddam Hussein's regime, more than half the country's Christian population has been forced by targeted violence to seek refuge abroad or to live away from their homes as internally displaced people.

According to the Hammurabi Human Rights Organization, over 700 Christians, including bishops and priests, have been killed and 61 churches have been bombed.

Last year, this writer reported that after weeks of violence against Iraqi Christians, many churches closed their doors on Christmas and hosted only a few guests for late-afternoon Christmas Eve masses.

According to the Pentagon, the majority of attacks against Christians have occurred in Mosul, including three car bombings that have occurred in the past two weeks. In late 2008, hundreds of Christians fled the city after attacks.

Either intentionally or unintentionally, United States news media outlets are ignoring the violence perpetrated by Muslims against Christians in Iraq.

While some believe this stems from the fact that reporters have moved on to stories other than US operations in Iraq, others believe this lack of coverage has more to do with the anti-Christian bias that exists within the media. The current Muslim-on-Christian violence does not fit the media template — Christian bigotry against Islam.

Provincial police representatives in Iraq's Kirkuk province met on May 4 with Christian leaders in Kirkuk city to address concerns about increased violence against Kirkuk's Christian minority, according to Justin Naylor of the American Forces Press Office.

Only about 3 percent of Iraq's total population — about 800,000 Iraqis — are Christian.

"Anyone that targets you, targets us also," said Major General Assam Turhan, the Kirkuk city deputy police chief, a Kurdish Muslim.

Two attacks on April 26 left three Christian residents of Kirkuk dead and two others injured, the third series of attacks targeting Christians in the city in recent months.

"Our history has always coincided with yours," Turhan said at the meeting.

Following the attack, Iraqi police began visiting Christians in their homes to reassure them of police presence and to create lines of communication that the Christians could use in case of emergencies.

Unlike in the aftermath of attacks in the past, Christians did not flee the city this time, Turhan said. For some, he added, the attacks only redoubled their determination to stay and prove that they will not be frightened away.

"We feel safe here, and we are planning on staying," one Christian told Turhan.

A Christian representative at the meeting commended the police's efforts to protect them. "We have received great support from the [police], and they responded to the attacks well," he said.

Christian neighborhoods and churches are receiving special attention and extra security to prevent further bloodshed, police officials said.
    Following the attacks, police operations surged and three suspects believed to be involved in the murders were arrested.

OBAMA IGNORES PLIGHT OF CHRISTIANS

Seven years after the commencement of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Catholic Archbishop Louis Sako of Kirkuk reports: "He who is not a Muslim in Iraq is a second-class citizen. Often it is necessary to convert or emigrate, otherwise one risks being killed."

"This anti-Christian violence," Dr. John Eibner, CEO of Christian Solidarity International reminded Obama, "is sustained by a widespread culture of Muslim supremacism that extends far beyond those who pull the triggers and detonate the bombs."

Eibner also asked President Obama to act in harmony with House Resolution 944 by instructing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to present Congress with a "comprehensive strategy to encourage the protection of the rights of members of vulnerable religious and ethnic minority communities in Iraq."

Just over two years ago, during the 2008 Presidential campaign, then Sen. Obama wrote to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on account of the "heavy price" paid by Iraq's Christians and other religious minorities, requesting answers to a set of questions, among them.

"What specific steps has the State Department taken to urge the Iraqi government to provide protection to Iraq's Christian and other non-Muslim religious minorities? Has the Iraqi government been responsive to requests for such protection? What is the U.S. government's assessment of the Iraqi government's efforts to protect religious minority communities?" (Sen. Obama to Secretary Rice, September 26, 2008.)

Eibner concluded by requesting the U.S. President to spare no effort to ensure that American and Iraqi security forces provide the same level of security to Iraq's endangered Christian community as has been long provided for America's Muslim population.

"Anything even remotely considered a slight by the U.S. against Muslims is quickly addressed by the Obama administration. Is it asking too much for that response to violence perpetrated against Christians?" asked former police detective and Marine Mike Snopes.

© 2010 NWV - All Rights Reserved

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Obama Praises "Toleration" as Indonesian Churches Burn

Written by James Heiser
    Thursday, 11 November 2010 08:37

President Obama’s return to Indonesia, the nation where he spent four years of his childhood, has brought further confusion regarding the response of his administration to the ideology of Islam. Obama’s tortuous equivocations in Mumbai, India, as he responded to a simple question — “What is your opinion of Jihad?” — raised again the specter of Islam that has haunted his administration. Among other points, as noted by CBS News, the visit to Jakarta emphasized the ambiguity of the childhood faith of Barry Sotero (the President’s childhood name): When he arrived in Indonesia at age 6, he first enrolled in the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School. The headmaster at the school showed CBS News the documents — that "Muslim" was filled in under "religion" in his enrollment papers. School officials say it was standard practice to give the religion of a student's father, and young Barry's stepfather was a Muslim.

But it has led some to suggest, erroneously, that the president is a Muslim, even though he's been a practicing Christian for decades.

However, the comments of President Obama concerning Islam, the dominant religion in Indonesia, are of far greater significance than any speculations regarding his childhood beliefs. Astoundingly, Obama compared Indonesia (a nation that has only recently begun to emerge from being an unabashed dictatorship) to the United States, declaring that the two nations share a spirit of toleration. As Scott Wilson wrote for the Washington Post:

He also praised Indonesia — the world's most populous Muslim-majority nation — for a "spirit of tolerance that is written into your constitution, symbolized in your mosques and churches and temples, and embodied in your people," a quality worthy for all the world to emulate.

Obama received a warm welcome from the crowd of about 6,500 at the University of Indonesia, particularly when he spoke in Indonesian, as when he recalled buying satay and bakso from street vendors or referenced the national motto, "Bhinneka Tunggal Ika," or "Unity in Diversity."

"We are two nations which have traveled different paths. Yet our nations show that hundreds of millions who hold different beliefs can be united in freedom under one flag," Obama said.

For those Christians whose experience of Indonesian "toleration" is not limited to childhood memories, Obama’s words are likely to elicit sorrow and pain. According to the Jakarta Christian Communication Forum (FKKJ), religious violence has been on the increase since Indonesian independence, and Christians have been the target of much of that violence. According to an October 26 report at Persecution.org:

The latest violent incident occurred in Sukoharjo, Central Java, on Oct. 13, when 12 people on motorcycles set fire to a Protestant church, said Theophilus Bella of the Jakarta Christian Communication Forum (FKKJ), which documents sectarian violence in Indonesia. A day before, an attempt to set fire to St. Joseph Catholic church in Klaten, Central Java, was foiled and caused only minor damage, he said in a report made available to The Jakarta Post. On Oct. 17, radical Muslims threatened to attack a Catholic church in Karanganyar, Central Java.

Last month, an unidentified group attacked a Catholic church in Pasir regency, East Kalimantan, it said.

Most of the incidents over the last several years took place in Greater Jakarta and West Java, including attacks and forcible church closures that occurred with little or no intervention from the government, the report said....
    The FKKJ said religious violence in Indonesia has escalated since the country gained independence in 1945.

Between 1945 and 1967, two churches were set on fire. Between 1967 and 1969, after former president Soeharto took power, 10 attacks were recorded.

Church attacks soared to 460 between 1969 and 1998, after Soeharto’s government issued a joint ministerial decree on establishing places of worship, which was seen as favoring the nation’s Muslim majority.

After the start of the reform era in 1998, the number of cases skyrocketed to 700, bringing the total number of church attacks between 1945 and 2010 to 1,200.

“It’s not wrong to say that Indonesia is the world champion of church burnings,” Theophilus said.

Catholic priest Benny Susetyo, executive secretary of the Indonesian Bishops’ Council, said that the attacks were due to weak law enforcement.

“Terror has increased due to negligence on the part of law enforcement officials,” he said. Benny added that violence against the churches had continued since perpetrators could act with impunity.

It is hard to imagine that President Obama would be praising the tolerance of a Christian nation if it had witnessed the burning of 700 mosques since 1998. However, Obama would search the nations of the West in vain to find one in which violent religious bigotry is tolerated the way it is alleged to have been in Indonesia. When a mosque was burned in Serbia in 2004, eight men were arrested, tried for, and found guilty of, the crime. When a fire damaged equipment at the construction site of an Islamic center in Murfreesboro, Tennessee this year, officials offered a $20,000 reward for information regarding the perpetrators, and the FBI considered investigating the incident as a hate crime.

The United States and Indonesia are certainly traveling different paths, and contrary to Obama’s "spin," the history of the two nations regarding the relationship between Christians and Muslims and the experience of "religious tolerance" is vastly different. On the eve of Veterans Day, the President's comparison is an offense to the memory of those men and women who have given their lives in defense of a Constitution that enshrines freedom of religion among our most sacred enumerated rights.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Sealing records clearly indicates hiding something, many things.

Thanks

Something else came to mind. BO hasn't gone to Church since being in the WH, has he? But he has, if not mistaken, engaged in prayer with muslims.

Thanks

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

He is.
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Still, curiously if you google "Kennedy Dimona" there is compelling information to support the allegation by Quedafi duck.

Thanks

Obama Offers Muslims Best Wishes on Ramadan

US President Barack Obama extended his best wishes Monday to Muslims beginning the holy fasting month of Ramadan, using the occasion to urge people to help victims of drought and famine in Africa.

His Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also extended good wishes to the world's 1.6 billion Muslims, while blasting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime for orchestrating a deadly assault against protesters at the start of the holy month.

Ramadan is "a time of deep reflection and sacrifice. As in other faiths, fasting is used to increase spirituality, discipline, and consciousness of God's mercy," Obama said in a statement.

I found this Media Matters video fuming over FOX and Friends pointing out Obama's greater enthusiasm over Islam compared to his Christian religion.

Actions speaks louder than words...I agree with FOX.

Obama and Clinton Wish Muslim People Around the World

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WASHINGTON – The US President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton have expressed their warmth wishes to all the Muslim people all over the world as Ramadan month started on Monday. One of the important months ‘Ramadan’ in Muslim calendar started on Monday, all the days in the month the world Muslims will be on fasting with one time meal and help the poor by a portion of their revenue in the particular year, this humanitarian act has been traditionally followed in the months from the originations of the Muslim Religion in the world.

On the occasion of the Ramadan month start the world leaders have expressed their wishes to all Muslim people around the world.

US President Barack Obama in his message said, “As Ramadan month begins I and Michelle would like to express our best wishes to all Muslim people in United States and around the world. It is one of the festive months, mostly expected for month by all the Muslim people everywhere. Family members, community and friends irrespective of religions are collectively gathering together to take part in iftar and prayers. In this happy occasion we wish all the Muslim people around the world have a blessed Ramadan month.”

In her statement by Hilary Clinton, “On behalf of our nation I wish all the Muslim people all over the world a happy and a blessed Ramadan”.

“This month is marked with a lot self reflection, self renaissance, new sharing and renewal by all Muslim brothers and sisters around the world. American Muslim have paid valuable contributions to the development of our nation and millions of its kind to the world and this month commemorated with lot of selfless acts and voluntarisms”

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

/gag
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information