Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport body scanners can cause DNA damage?

Thanks

Default Re: Airport body scanners can cause DNA damage?

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Basically it appears that everyone has HIT on this article (including us). Posting it but not really reading or understanding what it said.

In summary of the article it basically says "we think damage to DNA can occur"...

And yet, no where does it verify this, and in fact in several places in the article the statements to the effect that "we don't KNOW for sure" and "this is debatable" occur.

This article is based on quick and dirty science with one and only one input - the team that wrote the article from LANL. In general I trust what comes out of National Labs - because, quite simply, I work on systems built by one of those Labs. But honestly, they CAN be wrong (often)

Unless and until there is further experimentation that can verify and quantify the data implied (not STATED, IMPLIED) in the article then as far as I am concerned this is an inconclusive statement.

It is very funny that everyone out there in the Conspiracy World is so quick to jump on a "scientific statement" such as this one to further their aims, and yet, when video and photographic evidence of the falling WTC, the plane hitting the Pentagon and other such things, that SAME crowd was condemning the Bush administration as having had a hand in the attack.

Further, actual scientists (and explosives industry experts as well) showed the temperatures at which steel melts, and the blowing out of the windows on the WTC (building 7) as over pressure from the collapse these same people claimed they were "government paid employees who were lying to the public".

They can NOT have it both ways. You either take the material as it is and examine it, or you simply disbelieve EVERYTHING from that side. You can't pick and chose your data to cover your own conspiracies!

I take the data I KNOW and examine it based on standard scientific practices. If something is outside the median then it should be examined more closely. When someone makes an arbitrary statement in the regard of equipment being dangerous, they usually do not present any evidence of fact.

That people believe cell phones to be cancer causing evil agents of doom is insufficient to make me "believe" without physical evidence. That twenty people, world wide, have been diagnosed with a brain tumor and JUST HAPPEN to use cell phones is not evidence. It's hype.

When someone comes out and says, "This machine causes DNA damage" they'd damned well better have a leaking bucket full of protoplasm to prove their point otherwise, again, it is hype. Because a handful of scientists said it is so, does not make it so.

What happened to those guys that "proved" cold fusion? No where to be seen today. Why? Because there work didn't hold water (or deuterium in this case)...
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

My take on it is this...

I'm tired of watching our money and freedoms evaporate while we take up the slack for everyone's politically correct incompetence.

If I leave our home's doors and windows unlocked while I know there are perpetrators in the neighborhood and we get broken into...who's fault is that?

Do I then get to snatch more of your money to spend in security upgrades to pay for features that cover for my negligence just because I refuse to lock and secure the place or even profile strangers before letting them enter?

I am getting tired of this crap!!!

The middle class in this entire country is working their a$$e$ off hanging on to their jobs while things are getting progressively worse.

Companies are downsizing, outsourcing, moving or folding while this government does nothing but throw trillions at problems they hype as a crisis they refuse to sensibly address and or help create.

ENOUGH ALL READY!!!

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    My take on it is this...

I'm tired of watching our money and freedoms evaporate while we take up the slack for everyone's politically correct incompetence.

If I leave our home's doors and windows unlocked while I know there are perpetrators in the neighborhood and we get broken into...who's fault is that?

Do I then get to snatch more of your money to spend in security upgrades to pay for features that cover for my negligence just because I refuse to lock and secure the place or even profile strangers before letting them enter?

I am getting tired of this crap!!!

The middle class in this entire country is working their a$$e$ off hanging on to their jobs while things are getting progressively worse.

Companies are downsizing, outsourcing, moving or folding while this government does nothing but throw trillions at problems they hype as a crisis they refuse to sensibly address and or help create.

ENOUGH ALL READY!!!
    Then I suggest you, and the rest of the people who are "tired of it" do something about it. Fire these assholes in Congress. Tell them you are tired of it. WRITE THEM LETTERS TELLING THEM YOU ARE TIRED.

Another thing... what about these terrorists out there? They are here to stay, they are here to KILL US. Period, end of statement.

Do we put up with their shit too? Or keep taking it like Obama wants us to do?

Do we scan everyone in the airport or take our freedoms and simply deal with what happens?

What the answer?

No, I don't want to be scanned in the Airport. No I don't want to be pulled out of line and patted down because I'm a male.

No, I don't think we should do nothing at all, and I DETEST going thruogh the airport, taking off my belt, my shoes, taking my laptop out of my pack and throwing it in a bucket, shoes in another, jacket in one and backpack in another.

I hate it. But, what's the alternative now?

Each time we chance security protocols, the bad guys change attack tactics. WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT????

Seriously. How do you stop them?

YOU PROFILE THE MAGGOTS that's how. If every Middle Eastern Man going through an airport is pulled aside and given a body cavity search for two weeks, you can BET YOUR ASS they will be up in arms about that too.

MAYBE they will put pressure on their people to STOP THE SHIT.

Just maybe
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

L-3 Communications of Pinellas gets $165 million contract for body scanners

By Steve Huettel, Times Staff Writer
    In Print: Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A defense contractor that builds body-imaging scanners at a St. Petersburg plant is positioned to sell Uncle Sam hundreds of machines for U.S. airports after the Christmas bomb scare on a Northwest Airlines flight approaching Detroit.

The Transportation Security Administration last week awarded a contract to L-3 Communications to buy up to $165 million worth of its ProVision scanners. The devices scan air travelers' bodies and generate X-ray-like images that can reveal weapons hidden under clothes.

Security experts, members of Congress and travel industry groups have called for stepping up deployment of the machines since a 23-year-old Nigerian man hid an explosive and other components in his underwear and smuggled them onto the plane.

Forty of the L-3 scanners are in use at 19 U.S. airports, including Tampa International. L-3 and Rapiscan Systems of Torrance, Calif., produce the only whole-body imagers approved for passenger screening by the TSA.

The contract last week isn't an order for L-3 scanners, said Lauren Gaches, a TSA spokeswoman. It identified funding sources and set a ceiling for purchasing an unspecified number of units over an indefinite time period.

The TSA recently said it ordered 150 Rapiscan scanners to be installed this year and had funding for an additional 300 from an unidentified source.

A huge defense contractor, L-3 set up shop in a nondescript business park on Bryan Dairy Road in Clearwater to enter the airport security business. In 1998, the company won government certification for its eXaminer luggage scanner.

In 2003, L-3 moved to a new location at Gateway Business Park on Gandy Boulevard in St. Petersburg. About 190 employees assemble and test eXaminer machines, X-ray devices for carry-on bags and the body scanners.

Five other companies are trying to win TSA certification for their body scanners, said Harry Glenn, a spokesman for U.S. Rep. C.W. Bill Young, R-Indian Shores.

"I think (TSA officials) are trying to figure out how much capacity these companies have to produce them," he said.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Military Professional Resources

Military Professional Resources Incorporated (MPRI) is a private military contractor, founded in 1987 by eight ex-officers of the United States Army. The firm is based in Alexandria, Virginia. It was acquired by L-3 Communications in June 2000. In 2004 it became a father-company to Civilian Police International, based in Leesburg, Virginia.

MPRI has its private troops running Army recruitment centers across the country, training U.S. soldiers, serving as additional re-enforcements in U.S. bases in Korea, and training foreign armies from Kuwait to South Africa. The Virginia-based firm is led by retired General Carl Vuono, who served as Army chief of staff during the Gulf War and the U.S. invasion of Panama. Other top executives are General Crosbie E. Saint, former commander of the U.S. Army in Europe; Lt. General Harry E. Soyster, former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency; and General Ron Griffith, former Army vice chief of staff. This concentration of experience makes MPRI and other firms like it very politically influential. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell described General Vuono as "one of my dearest friends."

MPRI provides a wide range of services to both public and private customers, most notably the United States Department of Defense. MPRI specializes in various professions such as law enforcement, security, military training, logistics, etc. By its own account MPRI operates in over 40 countries. MPRI is a member of International Peace Operations Association.

Management

* Carl E. Vuono, president
    * Ronald H. Griffith, vice-president

Contracts
    MPRI's parent company, L-3 Communications, had more than a dozen lobbyists working on its behalf, including Linda Daschle, wife of former Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle. Last year L-3 won $1.7 billion in Defense Department contracts.

In 1998, the government of Equatorial Guinea asked MPRI to evaluate its defense systems, particularly its need for a coast guard to protect its oil reserves. In order to take the job, MPRI needed a license from the U.S. State Department. The Clinton administration rejected the request, citing the West African nation's deplorable human rights record of torturing and murdering political dissidents.

MPRI dispatched company officials to work the hallways of the Pentagon, State Department, and Capitol in order to obtain the licence. In 2000, the State Department did an about-face and issued a license to MPRI. MPRI refuses to reveal the terms of its contract with Equatorial Guinea.[1]

According to a recent U.S. DOD census MPRI has at least 500 employees working in Iraq on 12 different contracts including mentoring civilian workers at the Iraqi Defense Ministry headed by Qadir Obeidi. [3]

L-3 Communications Holdings

L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: LLL) is a company that supplies command, control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems and products, secure communications systems and products, avionics and ocean products, training devices and services, microwave components and telemetry, instrumentation, space and navigation products. Its customers include the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, selected U.S. Government intelligence agencies, aerospace prime contractors and commercial telecommunications and wireless customers.

L-3 is headquartered in New York City, New York.

History
    L-3 (named for Frank Lanza, Robert LaPenta, and Lehman Brothers) was formed in 1997 from the purchase of six former business units of Lockheed Corporation when Lockheed merged in 1996 with Martin Marietta; the six units were those which the new Lockheed Martin was uninterested in owning.

L-3 has continued to grow since then through numerous acquisitions to become one of the top 7 US government contractors.

Buy-Outs
    In 2005, L-3 acquired Titan Corp., post Lockheed-Martin's failed attempt. In June 2006, L-3 acquired Crestview Aerospace, a company based in Northwest Florida. Crestview Aerospace provides aircraft structures, major airframe assemblies and military aircraft modifications for leading Prime contractors and OEMs in the aerospace industry.

Management
    On June 7, 2006, L-3 CEO and co-founder Frank Lanza suffered an untimely death. CFO Michael T. Strianese was named as interim CEO, and was appointed President and CEO of the company on October 23, 2006.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

L-3, Lockheed, Martin, many others... all do defense contracting.

So... the point about L3 being connected to these scanners?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

None...just following any news or events I run across on this topic.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

If Alex Jones is in on it, it's gotta be bullshit. That man is the anti-truth.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

LOL. Alex Jones isn't the only one. Check some of the other links and do a search yourself. There's a crap load of people hitting that story. MOST Of them are blowing it out of proportion.

The truth is, the guys that wrote the original paper - I checked one of them out - could not be found associated with, say greenies, or someone like that - but I tend to lump ALL National Lab people into the very Liberal Crowd, meaning, even if they are aren't publicly outspoken, I know several who, while understanding and realizing the jobs they have is critical when it comes to say, nukes, they are vehemently opposed to the use of the weapons.

I find the incongruency to be completely, totally astounding.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Drudge report had a scanner pic up with a headline.

BIG SIS WANTS TO SEE UNDER YOUR CLOTHES

So...take that picture:

Run it through photoshop and just do INVERT

Is this an invasion of privacy?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Mal...YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!
    Last edited by vector7; January 8th, 2010 at 18:47. Reason: NEEDS TO BE BOLD!

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

The Running Man - T.V. Fakery Edit

The year is 2017. The world economy has collapsed. The United States has sealed off it's borders and has become a military controlled police state which controls TV, movies, art, books, communication and censorship. In the police state America has become, criminals have a choice. They can serve their sentences in prison or they can take part in "The Running Man" a government owned violent game-show where contestants running for freedom are pursued by "Stalkers" wrestler-like bounty hunters.

"The Running Man" is the top rating show on network TV and Damon Killian, the creator and host is the most popular entertainer in the US. But one man has yet to play... Former L.A. police officer Ben Richards, framed for the massacre of innocent people, when disobeyed orders is recaptured, after escaping from prison. Ben is forced to appear on "The Running Man", joined by resistance fighters William Laughlin and Harold Weiss and Amber Mendez, (a network employee who Richards took hostage and she turned Richards into the authorities) are chased by The Stalkers, as they search for the secret base of the resistance, as they bid to broadcast the truth about the government and prove Ben's innocence.
    Last edited by vector7; January 8th, 2010 at 18:54.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

hehehe.

Don't get me wrong, I DON'T like the idea of the scanners either.

On the other hand... if it keeps someone from sneaking a bomb on MY plane, sure...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    hehehe.

Don't get me wrong, I DON'T like the idea of the scanners either.

On the other hand... if it keeps someone from sneaking a bomb on MY plane, sure...
    I've got a real issue allowing under age folks through this machine.

Pervert magnet. Hell, if more woman like the above go through, I might be looking at getting into terahertz wave scanner repair.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Facial recognition technology can now aggressively move from the neck down. With our privacy/freedoms under assault in an amoral society and technology doubling in every 2 years...this won't end well.
    Last edited by vector7; January 8th, 2010 at 18:49.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Use Infrared LEDs to Blind Security Cameras

Alan writes: “I have seen lasers used to “dazzle” security cameras before but they normally use visible light and need pinpoint accuracy to be effective. I had never thought about using an array of IR LEDs (infrared light emitting diodes) to create a permanent result that would not be noticeable to anyone else around.” We know that IR Leds are great for Night Vision, but who knew they’d be able to actually blind cameras. Maybe if you had an array of say…20 Infrared LEDs you could be completely incognito.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Use Infrared LEDs to Blind Security Cameras

Alan writes: “I have seen lasers used to “dazzle” security cameras before but they normally use visible light and need pinpoint accuracy to be effective. I had never thought about using an array of IR LEDs (infrared light emitting diodes) to create a permanent result that would not be noticeable to anyone else around.” We know that IR Leds are great for Night Vision, but who knew they’d be able to actually blind cameras. Maybe if you had an array of say…20 Infrared LEDs you could be completely incognito.
    no.

You would stand out like a bright light when going through the detector. LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information