Thread: Interesting Vietnam era picture

Thanks

Default Interesting Vietnam era picture

So I'm looking up a leet speak word...and I run across nub(newb, newbie) and that leads me to F.N.G....that article has a picture.

There's something very compelling about this picture. Who knows what the fate of this man was? Since it was 45 years ago, this person would be in his mid 60s if he is still alive. Vietnam combat deaths weren't that high until 67/68 so he probably got home ok. Just hit me funny this morning since my step father also spent his days in Khe Sahn and Da Nang although about a year later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Marine_da_nang.jpg

File:Marine da nang.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Size of this preview: 398 × 599 pixels
    Full resolution‎ (1,992 × 3,000 pixels, file size: 503 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

This is a featured picture on the English language Wikipedia (Featured pictures) and is considered one of the finest images.

If you think this file should be featured on Wikimedia Commons as well, feel free to nominate it.

If you have an image of similar quality that can be published under a suitable copyright license, be sure to upload it, tag it, and nominate it.
    العربية | CatalÃ* | Česky | Deutsch | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | Français | Galego | עברית | Hrvatski | Magyar | Italiano | 한국어 | Lietuvių | Malti | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Polski | Română | SlovenÅ¡čina | Svenska | Türkçe | 中文 | ‪中文(简体)‬ | ‪中文(繁體)‬ | ‪中文(台灣)‬ | +/−
    Da Nang, Vietnam - A young Marine private waits on the beach during the Marine landing. - August 3, 1965
    source
    This image is available from the Archival Research Catalog of the National Archives and Records Administration under the ARC Identifier 532432.
    This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.
    This image is in the public domain because it contains materials that originally came from the United States Marine Corps. As a work of the U.S. federal government, the image is in the public domain.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Re: Interesting Vietnam era picture

Holy cow.

He doesn't even look old enough to get a drivers license.

Thanks

Default Re: Interesting Vietnam era picture

Man he's young.

Yea, I see a picture in time like that I always like to know the follow up story.

Thread Information