Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Election

Thanks

Default Re: 2010 Election

Oh... by the way, I have to say something about Specter.

"Wait a minute! Now, WAIT A MINUTE! Buh-BYE!"

FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL Luke! Congrats!

Too bad you didn't manage to get in the dead person demographic as you surely could have managed to pull in at least 2-3x your local population!

Thanks

I want to know why dead people only vote Democrat....?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Hispanic Residents get 6 votes each in suburban NY election

By JIM FITZGERALD (AP) – 2 hours ago

PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Arthur Furano voted early — five days before Election Day. And he voted often, flipping the lever six times for his favorite candidate.

Furano cast multiple votes on the instructions of a federal judge and the U.S. Department of Justice as part of a new election system crafted to help boost Hispanic representation.

Voters in Port Chester, 25 miles northeast of New York City, are electing village trustees for the first time since the federal government alleged in 2006 that the existing election system was unfair. The election ends Tuesday and results are expected late Tuesday night.

Although the village of about 30,000 residents is nearly half Hispanic, no Latino had ever been elected to any of the six trustee seats, which until now were chosen in a conventional at-large election. Most voters were white, and white candidates always won.

Federal Judge Stephen Robinson said that violated the Voting Rights Act, and he approved a remedy suggested by village officials: a system called cumulative voting, in which residents get six votes each to apportion as they wish among the candidates. He rejected a government proposal to break the village into six districts, including one that took in heavily Hispanic areas.

Furano and his wife, Gloria Furano, voted Thursday.

"That was very strange," Arthur Furano, 80, said after voting. "I'm not sure I liked it. All my life, I've heard, 'one man, one vote.'"

It's the first time any municipality in New York has used cumulative voting, said Amy Ngai, a director at FairVote, a nonprofit election research and reform group that has been hired to consult. The system is used to elect the school board in Amarillo, Texas, the county commission in Chilton County, Ala., and the City Council in Peoria, Ill.

The judge also ordered Port Chester to implement in-person early voting, allowing residents to show up on any of five days to cast ballots. That, too, is a first in New York, Ngai said.

Village clerk Joan Mancuso said Monday that 604 residents voted early.

Gloria Furano gave one vote each to six candidates. Aaron Conetta gave two votes each to three candidates.

Frances Nurena talked to the inspectors about the new system, grabbed some educational material and went home to study. After all, it was only Thursday. She could vote on Friday, Saturday or Tuesday.

"I understand the voting," she said. "But since I have time, I'm going to learn more about the candidates."

On Tuesday, Candida Sandoval voted at the Don Bosco Center, where a soup kitchen and day-laborer hiring center added to the activity, and where federal observers watched the voting from a table in the corner.

"I hope that if Hispanics get in, they do something for all the Hispanic people," Sandoval said in Spanish. "I don't know, but I hope so."

FairVote said cumulative voting allows a political minority to gain representation if it organizes and focuses its voting strength on specific candidates. Two of the 13 Port Chester trustee candidates — one Democrat and one Republican — are Hispanic. A third Hispanic is running a write-in campaign after being taken off the ballot on a technicality.

Campaigning was generally low-key, and the election itself was less of an issue than housing density and taxes.

Hispanic candidates Fabiola Montoya and Luis Marino emphasized their volunteer work and said they would represent all residents if elected.

Gregg Gregory gave all his votes to one candidate, then said, "I think this is terrific. It's good for Port Chester. It opens it up to a lot more people, not just Hispanics but independents, too."

Vote coordinator Martha Lopez said that if turnout is higher than in recent years, when it hovered around 25 percent, the election would be a success — regardless of whether a Hispanic was elected.

"I think we'll make it," she said. "I'm happy to report the people seem very interested."

But Randolph McLaughlin, who represented a plaintiff in the lawsuit, said the goal was not merely to encourage more Hispanics to vote but "to create a system whereby the Hispanic community would be able to nominate and elect a candidate of their choice."

That could be a non-Hispanic, he acknowledged, and until exit polling is done, "it won't be known for sure whether the winners were Hispanic-preferred."

The village held 12 forums — six each in English and Spanish — to let voters know about the new system and to practice voting. The bilingual ballot lists each candidate across the top row — some of them twice if they have two party lines — and then the same candidates are listed five more times. In all, there are 114 levers; voters can flip any six.

Besides the forums, bright yellow T-shirts, tote bags and lawn signs declared "Your voice, your vote, your village," part of the educational materials also mandated in the government agreement. Announcements were made on cable TV in each language.

All such materials — the ballot, the brochures, the TV spots, the reminders sent home in schoolkids' backpacks — had to be approved in advance, in English and Spanish versions, by the Department of Justice.

Conetta said the voter education effort was so thorough he found voting easier than usual.

"It was very different but actually quite simple," he said. "No problem."

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Biden: Democrats will ‘shock the heck out of everybody’ in November midterms

By Ben Geman - 07/18/10 11:37 AM ET

Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday said Democrats would defy predictions of major losses in the midterm elections, instead declaring that “we're going to be in great shape” and predicting continued control of the House and Senate.

“I don't think the losses are going to be bad at all. I think we're going to shock the heck out of everybody,” Biden said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Biden pointed to a new Las Vegas Review-Journal poll that showed Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who is viewed as highly vulnerable, up seven points on GOP foe Sharron Angle.

“The reports of our demise are premature,” Biden said.

He said that Democrats must make the case for measures like the Wall Street overhaul that Obama will sign shortly, the new health care reform law and the economic stimulus package.

“It's just going to take time. This is July. The election is not until November. And I think we're going to have to firmly make our case,” Biden said. “Compared to the alternative, I think we're going to get a fair amount of credit by November, and I think we're going to do fine.”

Biden said the public needs time to digest the measures, especially in light of GOP attacks on the policies. For instance, on the Wall Street overhaul, he said, “All it is, is rational control and the turning around of what the Republicans did, which is let Wall Street run wild.”

“They don't know what it means yet, understandably. And so I think it takes time,” he said.

“Look, these are gigantic packages to deal with a gigantic problem we inherited. And the vast majority of the American people and a lot of people really involved don't even know what's inside the packages,” Biden said at another point on the show.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

“I don't think the losses are going to be bad at all. I think we're going to shock the heck out of everybody,” Biden said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Is that a promise that if they lose they will jump off bridges or something?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

By NEIL KING JR.

Delaware's Republican establishment dismissed Christine O'Donnell as a gadfly with a flimsy resume and shallow roots in the state.
    But on Tuesday, the tea party activist beat the state's best-known Republican in her campaign for Vice President Joe Biden's old Senate seat, becoming another rising star in one of the most volatile political seasons in decades.

Jerry Seib, Gerard Baker and Aaron Zitner examine the hotly contested Republican primary race between tea party candidate Christine O'Donnell and Congressman Mike Castle to fill Joe Biden's Delaware Senate seat.

A freelance marketer and Philadelphia native who moved to Delaware seven years ago, Ms. O'Donnell knocked off Rep. Mike Castle, whose 44-year political career included stints in the state legislature, eight years as Delaware governor and nine terms as the state's lone congressman.

She polled 53.1% of the votes in the race, with Mr. Castle getting 46.9%. Ms. O'Donnell now will face Democrat Chris Coons in November for the seat vacated by Mr. Biden after he was elected vice president.

She pulled off the upset on a shoestring budget—running the campaign out of her small townhouse in Wilmington—and in the face of vigorous attacks from the Delaware Republican Party and the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
    View Full Image

Getty Images Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell hours before she clinched the Republican nomination to vie for Joe Biden's old seat.

Ms. O'Donnell's win gives another jolt to a tea-party insurgency that has helped oust well-established politicians in Republican primary races across the U.S., including incumbent senators in Utah and Alaska.
    Her candidacy against the moderate Mr. Castle earned her the support of the national Tea Party Express and an endorsement by former Alaskan governor Sarah Palin.
    Ms. O'Donnell, though, is in many ways an unorthodox tea party candidate. A conservative Catholic, she has spent much of her career as a religious activist, advocating chastity in the late 1990s as founder of a group called the Savior's Alliance for Lifting the Truth.
    She also touts work she did helping market the 2004 film "The Passion of the Christ," as well as serving as the U.S. representative for a painter of portraits of Vatican personalitiesHer one overtly political job was a brief stint in the early 1990s with the Republican National Committee.
    Sept. 14 Primaries: Full Results

In her first two runs for the Senate, in 2006 and 2008, Ms. O'Donnell's platforms were heavy on such social issues as opposition to abortion rights and measures to protect the American flag—and lighter on the low-tax, limited-government themes she has promoted this year.
    When she ran against Mr. Biden in 2008, she earned the Republican endorsement at a party convention.
    After Mr. Biden was picked as President Barack Obama's running mate, Ms. O'Donnell told CNN she was "excited for Delaware and proud of our state."
    In her 2008 race, she hammered Mr. Biden for ignoring his Senate race and for opposing offshore drilling. Outspent by the Biden campaign, she garnered 35% of the vote in a generally liberal state that Mr. Obama won with 62%.
    Mr. Biden resigned the seat in early 2009 after being sworn in as vice president. His successor, Democratic Sen. Ted Kaufman, pledged not to run for a full term.
    "There is a lot of frustration and discontent with the establishment," Ms. O'Donnell said in an interview. "This year, it is all about taking back our country, taking back our Constitution."
    In a campaign notable for its nastiness, the 41-year-old Ms. O'Donnell accused her opponent of being an ersatz Republican who voted for the 2008 bank bailouts and a controversial cap-and-trade climate bill last year.
    Mr. Castle, 71, and the state party ran ads accusing her of financial ineptitude. Records show that Ms. O'Donnell failed to pay nearly $12,000 in federal taxes in 2005 and defaulted on her house payments in 2007.
    For all the intraparty feuding, Ms. O'Donnell said in an interview last week that if she won the primary, she would travel the next day to Washington to "kiss and make up" with the party's top brass.
    It's unclear, though, whether her insurgent campaign will get much support from either the national or the state Republican party. Recent polls have shown that she is likely to face an uphill battle in the general election against Mr. Coons.
    Write to Neil King Jr. at neil.king@wsj.com
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Until late last night, I was a paying support of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

I have given them a lot of money over the past few years.

My personal, and generally private political policy is simple. I am a registered Republican. I don't believe in these morons that go out to form third parties. This is, after all, a two-party America.

What I believe in also doesn't involve "The Party left me" nonsense.

I stayed with the Republicans for several reasons. I don't believe that the Party Left us. I believe that it completely, thoroughly and inexorably changed to a moderate, almost left-of-center party to play politics with the left.

The further left they act, the better they can get things through. But those things they get through are not good for Americans, never have been and never will be.

I stayed to help bring the Party back on message. I've tried.

But last night when the NRSC denigrated Kristine O'Donnell last evening as "not getting a penny from us", I changed my mind.

As of now, I'm a dyed-in-the-Wool Reagan Conservative, with guns and money - which will no longer be given to ANY party that doesn't meet MY STANDARDS.

From now on:

1) LIMITED GOVERNMENT.

2) TERM LIMITS. No MORE than two terms for ANY Senator or Representative.

3) REDUCED and LOWED TAXES. It's MY MONEY, I WANT IT BACK.

4) STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE. Bring the troops home, defend my borders against the illegal invasion that is going on today. Defend this country against terrorism. Strengthen the US MILITARY in Missile Defense, Space Defense and KNOW who our adversaries are now and tomorrow!

5) Enforce the immigration laws, NOW. Not tomorrow, not after a fence, not after we grant amnesty. NOW!

6) KICK OUT THE CURRENT CONGRESS - ALL OF THEM, not some, ALL (I don't care HOW 'good' they might be. Boot them out, fire them, and start over with REAL HUMAN BEINGS, REAL AMERICANS

There's more, but I'm mad, mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this crap ANY MORE.

National Republican Senatorial Committee... YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME. I will send money to the people - the PEOPLE of this country that should be in office standing up for me, and my RIGHTS.

Ricky D. Donaldson
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Dear Rick,

We did it! Last night the most anti-gun Republican in Congress -- Mike Castle (RINO - DE) -- was defeated!

I'm very proud to say that the National Association for Gun Rights PAC sent tens of thousands of postcards and e-mails exposing Mike Castle's anti-gun record and urging Delaware Republicans to vote against anti-gun activist Castle.>>
    Castle's defeat is a very clear sign that voters are fed up with the anti-gun policies of the liberals in Congress.

Why is this such a big deal?

It's simple: Mike Castle made a career of supporting gun control in the House of Representatives, and he wanted to take his anti-gun voting record to the U.S. Senate.

Whether it’s working to re-authorize the Bill Clinton Gun Ban – which banned an entire class of semi-automatic hunting and sporting rifles from citizen ownership – to conspiring with Sarah Brady in another power-play to strip gun owners of their rights, or hob-nobbing at Democrat White House receptions with the freedom-hating media and left-wing elite, Mike Castle has made a career of supporting gun control.

To make matters worse, he’s did all this this as a “Republican.”

But last night, the voters of Delaware gave Castle and his anti-gun agenda the pink slip.

They say a wounded animal is most dangerous when it's backed into a corner, and it's pretty clear we've backed the anti-gunners into a corner. Right now they're at their most dangerous. >>
    They're going to cut deals, backstab and do whatever it takes to push their radical agenda at the ballot box and in the halls of Congress.
    Gun rights activist like you and me must re-double our legislative and electoral efforts in the the coming months and weeks.>>

For liberty,

Dudley Brown
    PAC Director
    National Association for Gun Rights PAC>>
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Krauthammer: Palin’s Backing Of Tea Party Candidate O'Donnell “Destructive And Capricious”

by Colby Hall | 8:55 am, September 14th, 2010

Appearing last night on Special Report with Bret Baier called Palin’s endorsement of O’Donnell “destructive and capricious.” This is appears to be where the rubber meets the road in the fight for the future of conservatives.

Krauthammer’s thinking is that Mike Castle would be a shoo-in for Joe Biden’s former Senate seat in the November general election. In his words, a vote for O’Donnell would be “irresponsible”...

Read more: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/krauthamm...nd-capricious/

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Looks like Krauthammer fucked up.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to think Krauthammer was a smart guy and one to pay attention to but now, not so much. This sweep by Tea Party endorsed candidates is revealing a LOT of true colors including his and Karl Rove. Very disappointing that these "party elites", as Rush Limbaugh has been referring to them, would be seeking to divide the party because they feel their grasp on power threatened and in essence are helping the Dems.

YouTube: Karl Rove on Sean Hannity, Discussing Christine O'Donnell and 2010 Election

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I used to think Krauthammer was a smart guy and one to pay attention to but now, not so much. This sweep by Tea Party endorsed candidates is revealing a LOT of true colors including his and Karl Rove. Very disappointing that these "party elites", as Rush Limbaugh has been referring to them, would be seeking to divide the party because they feel their grasp on power threatened and in essence are helping the Dems.
    I agree with all of this.

The GOP is scared.

And all I can think is, "Good! It's about time."

Thanks

I will say I am still and will remain a registered Republican.

However, I've fought them tooth and nail on their left of center bullshit.

I want them Right and ONLY RIGHT and ONLY Conservative.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Christine O’Donnel magically disappears after confessing to witchcraft

After the Friday release of footage of Christine O’Donnell’s 1999 confession to dabbling in witchcraft in her teens, Republican nominee for the Delaware Senate seat has cancelled every scheduled appearance since. After the tape’s release by Bill Maher, the hosts of scheduled shows have received last-minute notices that she would be absent, but have never obtained any explanations. The nominee did appear on “Real Time with Bill Maher” in response to his request and solidified the confession in the aired interview.

O’Donnell’s campaign has been forced to respond to the witchcraft allegations in her absence. According to her political staff, she cancelled her appearances to attend church and then a Republican Party picnic held in held in Sussex County.

Backed by both the Republican Party and the Tea Party, Christine O’Donnell’s voting support is very conservative. The taped confession and newer information from the interview with Bill Maher is projected to cause some stir within her support base even though campaign spokesmen have argued that events from her teens should have no impact on the current campaign. The true impact has yet to be seen, but even before the release of the witchcraft confession, the Delaware Senate Democrat nominee, Chris Coons, showed a lead in the polls.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Bill Maher’s witch hunt — and the missing context for O’Donnell’s remarks;

Update: O’Donnell responds

By Michelle Malkin • September 18, 2010 10:55 PM

Narcissism.

Blackmail.

Distortion.

All wrapped in his trademark smirk of pallor.

Yes, it’s tired old liberal “comedian” Bill Maher trying to get Senate GOP primary candidate Christine O’Donnell to come on his show by baiting her with a brief video clip in which she mentions having “dabbled” in “witchcraft” and hung around people who practiced it.

The left-wing blogs (and a few short-sighted rightie ones) are having a field day. What they all seem to have missed is the context for the discussion. The AP says the “context of what led to the comment is not clear.”

But it is if you paid close attention to the clip:

Christine O'Donnell: "I Dabbled Into Witchcraft"

At 1:03 in the video, one of the panelists on the show criticizes O’Donnell for criticizing Halloween — “Wait a minute, I love this, you’re a witch, you go ‘Halloween is bad,’ I’m not the witch, I mean wait a minute.” She responds by explaining that she opposes witchcraft because she has had first-hand experience with what they do.

So, she tried it. She rejected it. And she learned from it.

Somehow, this Maher-edited clip warrants a declaration from my friend John Hinderaker at Power Line that O’Donnell’s career is “RIP.”

Nonsense. She has nothing to be ashamed of — except, perhaps, for going on Maher’s show so many times. He promises to release 22 more clips until she sits down with him in front of the cameras and brags, in typical TV chauvinist fashion, that he “created her” and that she “owe[s]” him.

Ignore the Hollywood attention troll. Focus on the campaign, the voters of Delaware, and the bearded Marxist opponent who’s the real out-of-touch extremist in the race.
    Update: Excellent comeback
    Delaware Republican Senate nominee Christine O’Donnell responded to old clips that surfaced over the weekend where she said she had once “dabbled in witchcraft,”

clarifying at a GOP picnic in Delaware Sunday, “I was in high school, how many of you didn’t hang out with questionable folks in high school? But no, There’s been no witchcraft since, if there was, Karl Rove would be a supporter.”
    Posted in: Bill Maher,Politics
    Printer Friendly
    comments (159) trackbacks (13)

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Bill who?

WTF does anyone pay any attention to this idiot?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

'Obama Has Underestimated the Frustration in the Country'

09/16/2010

AFP Smiles for the camera: The Tea Party's Christine O'Donnell won the Republican Senate primary in Delaware.

The dramatic ascent of the Tea Party continued in America this week, with the conservative movement scoring another surprise victory in the Republican primary in Delaware. German editorialists digested the news on Thursday and warned that both Republicans and Democrats were right to feel uneasy.

Even a few weeks ago, it was considered impossible that the Tea Party favorite Christine O'Donnell would win the primary in Delaware. She was long seen as being too far to the right to woo enough votes. On Tuesday, such predictions were consigned to the trash when O'Donnell beat a veteran congressman to secure the Republican nomination in the Delaware race for the US Senate.

The Tea Party movement has won a succession of Republican primaries, with its conservative, anti-establishment candidates. O'Donnell is known for her pro-gun, anti-abortion stance, as well as her belief that masturbation is a sin. In the Delaware primary, O'Donnell got 53 percent of the vote, ousting Mike Castle, a long-standing politician who has represented his party as a state governor and in Congress.

Palin-Backed

"The people of Delaware have spoken. No more politics as usual," O'Donnell told enthusiastic fans after results came out. "The cause is restoring America."

In the weeks running up to her victory, O'Donnell gained publicity with endorsements from Sarah Palin, the former Republican vice presidential candidate, and the National Rifle Association.

Recent weeks have brought a string of successes for the Tea Party. In another boost to the grassroots movement, Carl Paladino, its candidate in New York, surprised pundits by wining the Republican nomination to run for governor in November.

The Tea Party movement has enjoyed a comet-like rise since last year. It provides a haven for voters for whom the mainstream Republican Party is not conservative enough, and its popularity is widely attributed to dissatisfaction with US President Barack Obama and frustration with the lackluster US economy. Many observers expect its rise will force the Repubican Party to move further to the right.

On Thursday, German editorialists look at what the latest victory means for US politics.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

The Tea Party movement has enjoyed a comet-like rise since last year. It provides a haven for voters for whom the mainstream Republican Party is not conservative enough, and its popularity is widely attributed to dissatisfaction with US President Barack Obama and frustration with the lackluster US economy. Many observers expect its rise will force the Repubican Party to move further to the right.
    Wrong.

Its popularity is because the Tea Party represents true Conservatives, and harkens back to a time when the Republican Party did the same.

We're sick and damned tired of the GOP doing nothing when it has control and sliding to the Left the rest of the time.

Sometimes I think Germans should only comment on German stuff.

Thanks

I take it that most of us are "With the Tea Party" rather than "Against" them? LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information