Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitness

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Default Fitness

I wasn't sure where to place this thread. It could be sports or hobbies. Nevertheless, as I continue to age (I haven't yet located that elusive fountain of youth) I'm faced with a massive contrast between what I was once capable of and what I have become, physically that is. It's a hard pill to swallow. Gives me a whole lot more respect for the old guys like Jack Lalanne.

I once played football and lacrosse and spent a fair amount of time in the weight room with very few injuries or impediments. The table seems to have turned on me and those old injuries have translated into aches and pains in places I didn't know I had.

I've decided to get back on the fitness bus after about a year of misplaced atrophy. I've got a couple grand worth of equipment in my basement that I'm gonna' dust off and reintroduce myself to (I can't stand going to a fitness clubs - seem to be just glorified social clubs). I'll start slowly and attempt to not reinjure a chronic lower back thing.

Anybody here faced with a similar dilemma and if so, how'd you get back into it? Part of me wants to throw the big plates back on the long bar and go at it like I'm twenty again. The realistic part of me says "Slowly, man. Slowly."

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Fitness

My philosophy... Round is a shape!

Thanks

Staying in shape...

I walk. A lot. I do a fast one or two miles around the building almost daily, and I walk another 3-5 miles a day "normally".

I take the stairs. I have stopped taking the elevator.

I do light weights in the evenings for about 15-30 minutes depending on time I have, and though I have been lax lately, I try to do 3 times a week with weight training.

Something I've noticed is that when I sail every weekend, I lose a bit of weight and build a lot of muscle.

I'm going to be 53 this year in August and I'm in as good of shape now as I was at thirty. At thirty though, I ran 6-8 miles a day, weight trained and once or twice a week practiced martial arts (sword).

I weigh... lemme see... 170 lbs today (lost six pounds in the last week) and have about 13" biceps, 42" chest and around a 31" waist. (Only know that because I had to measure for shirts recently lol!)

Age has nothing to do with being in or out of shape. Laziness has to do with it.

And Ryan is right, Round IS a shape... but not necessarily a good one!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

MM - do start slowly but... do some aerobics training for a few days. Very light weights or work out and get your cardio up. Build that up for about a week and remember to take a break for a day or so.

When you start working out, especially say with weights or pushing your muscles, you actually damage and tear them. They heal back up, but bigger. That's why your muscles get bigger when you work out.

But, you want to make sure of a couple of things...

Blood is pumping and your breathing and oxygen intake are good.

Once you get some stamina back up, then start working the muscles and don't neglect bringing your heart rate up to a higher rate. Eventually it will be difficult for your heart to speed up as you work out, requiring you to work even harder.

That means you're "back in shape" and you want to maintain that level, or even push it a bit higher if you're in "good shape".

Good shape.... go to the Doctor. Have a physical. Do it NOW. I mean it.

I've had chest pains, and have to control my blood pressure with medication. I take something that reduces a hormone produced by my kidneys. This hormone causes your vascular system to constrict, in turn giving you higher BP. Reducing it, causes less constriction, thus lower BP (in my case).

Some BP meds are beta blockers and they do nasty things to your heart rate, like prevent it from raising up as you're working out. Thus, if you have ANY medical issues at all, see the doctor before you get too far (in the mean time, walking won't kill you!)

Talk to the doctor about "getting back in shape" and ask if he/she can recommend a program using simple things, weights, walking, whatever you might have in your recroom and see what they say.

Now... MY secret?

Been working out regularly for a lot of years. I DRINK a beer a day (sometimes more, but thats not good for you!) haha. One drink a day (perhaps two at most) is GOOD for you. Something about helping to clear oxidation or something out of your system.

Also... foods like anti-oxidants are very, very good for you. They help to clear your body of improper amounts of things that can cause aging.

There IS a fountain of youth, it's called "good health" and exercise.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Laziness has to do with it.
    Ain't that the truth.

I never thought I'd ever be a person plagued by laziness. I have to say, it's an issue. Not overwhelming yet, but an issue nonetheless.

Your comments, Rick, were exactly what I needed to hear. My tendency is to dive back in head first. I have to recognize that I'm not in the condition I once was. In some ways I'm better. Mostly I'm worse. At 44, my wife tells me I look in better condition than most guys my age. By my estimation, my condition is mediocre and in need of much improvement.

I had something happen this weekend that made me realize the reality of the situation. I have three dogs: an 85 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, and two Irish Wolfhounds that tip the scales at 135 pounds and 200 pounds respectively. The female tried for the second time to kill our smaller dog. I managed to wrestle her off the smaller dog but when the situation was over, I was really winded. Made me think a bit. If I had to defend myself or my family from some crazed lunatic, I may not be in the best shape to do this. This is what's known as a wakeup call.

Thanks

My wake up call.... came when my BP shot very high one night a few years ago and I wound up in the hospital. I'd stopped running, in fact, the only exercise I was getting was climbing the stairs to and from the basement at my house.

I still sit a lot in the day, but now, I get up and WALK a lot, every chance I get. (In fact, I just came back from walking a couple minutes ago).

I had put on some weight, and was tipping the scales at 180. I'm 5'9".

My "fighting weight" back in the day was 168. I just checked my daily weight. I'm at 170 today. I expect tomorrow to be at about 169 or 168 (I'm on a liquid diet and have been for two days, due to upcoming medical tests tomorrow... after that, I promise I will be stopping in Rock Bottom and eating anything I can get my hands on, and making up for lost beers!)

But... I will be back to my fighting weight tomorrow or the next day.

For the record, I've been going through a physical for the past few days... and tomorrow is something I'm not looking forward to, even less than I had looked forward to the 3-day liquid diet.

Anyway - so far, ALL of my tests have come back conclusively for the good. I'm in damned good shape for a 52 year old and honestly it runs in the family. Dad is 74 and I wouldn't mess with him, I know better. I know he is a black belt though, former Marine and I've seen him in fights and stood next to him in them....

One more important thing.

I don't smoke, never have, never will. It AGES people badly. I know a lot of folks who are much younger than me who look older. I eat healthy foods, especially lately.

Fish, chicken, not so much red meat these days (but I will still eat a good, nearly raw burger on occasion), plenty of salad type foods, fruits, fruit juices, lots of veggies.

I LOVE fish, any sort of sea food. Mostly it's all good for you too.

So eat HEALTHY.
    Don't do anything in excess.
    Don't smoke.
    Exercise. (take your time and build it back up)
    Sleep, get it and try to make it the same (I never do, it sucks).

If nothing else, WALK every day. 40 minutes if you can. Walk hard, walk quickly and swing your arms, and MOVE. You'll start to feel better in days.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I would normally hold myself to a pretty strict standard – my own condition of roughly six years ago. I’m 6’-1” and currently tip the scales at about 217. At my best, I was 227 pounds, running and walking regularly, bench pressing in the neighborhood of 400 pounds and working out on the order of ten to twelve hours a week. I’m a bit of an anomaly; I get lighter when I’m out of shape. I’ve since realized that the heavy weights may not be the best thing for my joints as I age. Higher reps and lower weight seem to do the trick.

I eat reasonably well, all natural foods prepared by my wife or me at home. I don’t drink milk, don’t smoke (never have), have cut way back on coffee, drink lots of tea, have far too few beers (literally one a month) and supplement my diet with FRS and vitamins (lots of anti-oxidants). I need to step up the exercise as you’ve recommended Rick. I need a bunch more regular cardio work.

Thanks for the guidance. Little by little I’ll put myself back together.
    Last edited by MinutemanCO; February 10th, 2010 at 22:37.

Thanks

Well... If you read carefully, you will find that doctors will recommend "red wine" specifically, in moderation. About 1 4oz glass per day.

Apparently the alcohol is good for you in small doses and also wine, specifically red wine (and from what I can gather, Pinot Noirs specifically from certain areas of the world) contain large amounts of antioxidants.

Other foods do too. If I remember correctly, things like broccoli, cranberries and similar things have lots of antioxidants as well. You'd have to read up on that more since I am neither a doctor NOR an expert on this.

But... oxidants are also called "free radicals". These are things that tend to cause aging in animals.

Free radicals are chemically active atoms or molecular fragments that have a charge due to an excess or deficient number of electrons. Examples of free radicals are the superoxide anion, hydroxyl radical, transition metals such as iron and copper, nitric acid, and ozone. Free radicals containing oxygen, known as reactive oxygen species (ROS), are the most biologically significant free radicals. ROS include the radicals superoxide and hydroxyl radical, plus derivatives of oxygen that do not contain unpaired electrons, such as hydrogen peroxide, singlet oxygen, and hypochlorous acid.
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/life...tioxidant1.htm

Read that whole article for more information.

About weight training at an "advanced age" (What did you say, you were in your mid forties right? I WISH I were again).

Here's a few things....

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/m.../aa061200a.htm
    http://fitness.suite101.com/article....aining_over_50
    http://www.askmikethecounselor2.com/...g-over-50.html

Of course, all that is for over 50 folks like me.

(I have a book that is geared specifically for over 50 weight training which, for some reason I have neglected reading. But, after yesterday's trials and tribulations I will be reading that book over the weekend and paying attention.)

I went through my very first "colonoscopy" yesterday. Fortunately, I don't remember a wit of it. Except some large chested nurse named "Glinda" who I called a "very bad witch" according to my wife. hehehe. I am glad I wasn't really "there" for that exchange....

Anyway, I got a mostly clean bill of health. I've been undergoing a full physical over the past couple of weeks, reporting in for testing and all sorts of things.

I have developed something called diverticulitis - basically, a pouch in the left side, in the sigmoid colon that can collect waste and get infected. It's not unlike getting appendicitis on occasion. It is common in men (mostly) over the age of 45 or so, and very common in people over 60. No cure except for surgery, and a good diet helps prevent re-occurrence of infections.

So - in MY case, I'm in ... excellent health even though I don't keep to a routine exercise program, but I do eat properly and make sure to walk a lot.

I will be looking at the weight/strength training and setting up a program for myself to follow.

Part of this is because I plan to retire soon and move aboard a boat. Most sailors, especially full time cruisers tend to be in better shape than most because of the constant moving and exercise they get sailing and living on a boat. I'd like to start out in GOOD (or BETTER) shape to start so I don't wind up getting turned off by being too sore to begin. lol

This morning I weighed in at 169 lbs. I was on a four day, clear liquid diet and then I had to take this stuff that pretty much emptied me out completely in the last 12 hours before the procedure yesterday.

I had a lunch about 1400 yesterday when I felt like being able to do anything and I ate a hamburger and a beer. lol Probably NOT the healthiest thing to eat and drink, but I can tell you that was the best burger I EVER ATE. lol

So, back to a regular, good diet and exercise
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Here's a quick list of exercises I pulled from somewhere. I don't even know what all of them are, lol. I do a few of these though myself. The one's I do are marked with a *

Day 1: (2 sets, 10-15 reps)

• Dumbbell Bench Press *
    • Squats to a bench *
    • Good Mornings
    • Dumbbell Lateral raise *
    • Dumbbell curl *
    • Dumbbell Step-up
    • Triceps Pushdown *
    • Wide-grip Lat Pulldown *

Day 2: (2 sets, 10-15 reps)

• Dumbbell Incline Bench *
    • Dumbbell Lunges *
    • Bent-over rows *
    • Seated Dumbbell Press *
    • Straight Bar Curl *
    • Triceps Extensions *
    • Close-grip Lat Pulldown

Day 3: (2 sets, 10-15 reps)

• Dumbbell Bench Press
    • Front Squat *
    • Facedown Reverse Fly *
    • Barbell Upright Row
    • Close-grip Bench Press
    • Hammer Curl *
    • Chin Ups *

Note, I don't do all these the same day. I break them up in a bit different order, but I don't have a specific order and I vary them a bit. Part of the reason is it helps to give muscles a break that are sore. If you're getting sore, that's a "good thing" because you're pushing your limit a bit. Don't push to hard because you can injure yourself.

Joint and nerve pain means you should back down on the weight amounts and build up to the higher amounts.

Again, I WILL say, GO SEE the Doctor before you being any training and make sure they give you an OK to go on with any sort of training.

Everyone, without exception should be visiting a doctor once per year for a physical exam to insure that you're "ok". At the very least you should have a checkup, and blood tests over 40 to start checking for things like cancer, and high cholesterol and so forth.

IF those things, like mine, come back as "text book perfect" - hey you're GOOD to go.

If anything is too high, too low or abnormal, talk about that with the doc and see what you need to do to fix it. Sometimes JUST exercise will fix most things.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Thanks again Rick for the detailed response.

The workout regimen you listed is a good one. I'll work some of those exercises into my routine as I go.

I'll have to buy a case of red wine and have a glass a day.

I've been taking a supplement called FRS. Its a concetrated liquid added to water twice a day. One of the primary ingredients is a substance called quercetin. I've noticed a difference in my energy levels and the amount of pain in my joints. As for the elasticity effects of quercetin on my skin... well I'm just as ugly as I've always been. The following is a portion of an article regarding the benefits of this substance.

http://ezinearticles.com/?We-Discuss...fits&id=388521

Quercitin is a water soluble bioflavonoid. A bioflavonoid is a pigment that is found in almost all plants, herbs, fruits and vegetables. They help to provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant protection. It is the most powerful and very effective herbal anti-inflammatory on the market.

Quercitin is used to help prevent some inflammatory conditions from developing, and to prevent free radical cellular damage. Arthritis, allergies, macular degeneration and heart diseases are some of the conditions quercitin can help to prevent. Gout and various forms of cancer can also be prevented. Cancer is prevented by blocking the flow of nutrients and oxygen to cancer cells.

Quercitin benefits
    When obtained from citrus fruit, quercitin can reduce the growth rate of breast cancer cells by 50%. In studies with animals, it has been shown to slow the growth of prostate, breast and lung cancer cells.

The nutrient is used to treat allergies by blocking the productions of histamines in the body. Inflammation that causes swollen joints increases the production of collagen, and fibronectin, for healthy joints and skin. It is found in cosmetic products. It may also help speed up the healing of wounds.

Thanks

I take gulcosamine (however it is spelled) for joint issues. Not daily, just a day or so and then it eases, then I stop taking it for awhile. It has condriton and MSM (whatever that is).

Seems to be some shellfish stuff ground up and turned into a pill.

My old doctor, before he passed away told me to try it. That was about seven years ago now. So, I take it on occasion and it seems to work fine.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

MM- I was impressed by this thread and the epistomological offshoots. Certainly, you'll agree it was properly placed as "general topic", not survival, yet I got a rush- not the same feeling you had- but a kick out of your genesis story concerning your pets. Yesterday I was nodding a wink after a sleepless night in a bus station and equally duely impressed by the largest grey bulldog I've ever seen. 200 lbs I imagine. Smack dab in the center of DF... drug fucked Distrito federal, Mexico. Just a show dog, but cute nonetheless.

Can't say I'm not slightly impressed at bench pressing 400 either. I'll direct a wee question for later, since I hope this thread will be mutually fun and fruitful for all.

How much did you squat in them days?

Since I'm a "bad" example in many ways, I'll restrict my commentary today in the area of why (leaving who what when where and how).

OK- fuck that. And fuck Conlan Doyle (author of sherlock holmes). Some say he was a queer and cocaine addict- but i have no hate or prejudice toward those minorities. Just pump iron and be bad. Why?- Sherlock Holmes had a faulty theory that "exercise" was useless and refused to engage in such frivolity since "work" or directed energy accomplished a "real" result. He was a dumb fuck. Who knows. Maybe he died early from his dopey queerfests. (hate-prejudice-inuendo) Still, the stupid queerball dingbat who sucked drugs like canal water up his ass probably couldn't pass the scot yard detective test because he was so out to lunch with his theory. I can just see him now- a lonely detective wanna be, paddling down the canal of shit's creek w/out a paddle- grrrrrr. What a dumb fuck for scandalously misleading so many to the path of ignorant sloth. And why? Who knows? Was he a wuss at heart, or simply desired to stroke his paddle. If you don't believe me- check the internet. The truth don't lie. Arthur Conlan Doyle- author of sherlock holmes condemned excecise as frivolous. Dumb fuck. Worthless sac of groin tendon. May all the psalms of vengeance erase the orphan memories of his misguided theory.

this may overlap a bit- sorry/ correct me if you think I'm wrong.

1. Proper weight lifting/training prevents injuries during hard work, improves mental and physical performance in all activities, increases blood flow 5X, betters vision, coordination, stamina, hormone levels of seratonin and endorfins.

I'll leave my comments hanging there, with some promised land hopes of "no gain/no pain" tips.

When is a heavy factor. I'd like to read comments on when.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

actually- perhaps this could be a "survival" category thread. Why? Many reasons. I often continued lifting weights- (over 35 years now) just to use my talent. Yup. Spiritual reasons. I often think the old addage- live every day as if it was your last... or more scripturally- remember always the time of death- and thou shalt never sin. In youthful dangerous days- i told meself- keep curling- if I die today- I'll at least die with big biceps.

And even still, wishing to survive- resurge and strive well, I'd like to thank Rick for the good link- tip on divericulitis.

as mentioned earlier, I am a "bad example" in various aspects, yet over the years have developed a maintenance system and some empirical knowledge concerning proper weight training /time eficiency/injury-illness prevention and optimal kungfu capturing. The key to proper weight training is motivation, concentration, physics, endocrinology and all that other bs. (economy)

key tips:

1. Breathe. This is a secret weapon and will keep you alive. I will not describe the process, though it has been filmed. If you catch me doing it live... you will likely need bong hits, fall asleep or start longing for a quart of beer and a rosary, hoping that the Blessed Virgin will rescue you from what cannot be understood.

2. After breathing properly, hang. This opens the discs- and they close- open- etc. Try 1 minute- or 5- or hang until you cant hang anymore. Need a bar, a tree or a shower curtain holder.

3. Stretch. Any way. Start on the back. lift legs as if going to do that painful leg holder xercise from track/football or soccer- but don't hold- go slowly up till verical and all de way back- until some day soon- you can cradle your head w/ those big thunder thighs. Thank God- you're still alive- and no pain. Lower legs slowly, but don't do the leg holder shit for abs- dumb. Continue stretch- anyway- kalate-yoga-ballet type- spread eagle as much as possible.

3. warm-up- do military hold-up. Or "angel's wings". There are several ways to do this and it can be performed at any starting weight. "physics" and circulatrically speaking- it is an intense isometric exercise which practically eliminates any instance of "soreness" regardless of your later workout or not running included. Do a dead military lift if knees good and hold it 60 seconds. Do it daily. I use 100 pounds. If I work on it- perhaps a goal will be to reach my body weight. This technique- alone- is not sufficient weight training. However, w/ one minute a day- you can eliminate the pain of restart syndromes, pain of muscles newly being used- iron legs after running- it doesn't happen. For safety- and convenience or bad knees- best to use a home-built or gym squat rack or lesser/adequate weight. You may turn red like a tomatoe or feel feint after 30 seconds 1st time.

4. Squat- same principle- all muscles used- just don't do squat. Start low weight- 100/200/300 etc. Just lift a few inches and bounce. I still do 400 lbs, but I may reduce to 300. This works all muscles, heart, liver, kidneys and rest of endocrine. 9-15 reps each 100 lbs.

arthritis/joint/lower pain.... I do these exercises because they prevent SEVERE pain due to bad knees/injuries- no meniscus left knee- one shorter leg- etc. If I do no weights at all, soon at times, due to cold/barometer/wind etc. - the pain appears so badly and suddenly, I can't walk. With these exercises- No problem.

potatoes- (more research needed) I like taters, and they seem to help. So does vitamin d via sunlight or "pearl" supplements. euchinacea purpurae- this is a tree herb. reportedly helpful with arthritis and joint pain- experimenting currently.

barbells- don't count them out- cheap/effective- fit in the car/boat and pack a wallop. They can cause pain, shoulders- back- anywhere- cuz they work all. try it- 1234- right side/1234-left side. 10 times. 10 reps. your ticker will move quickly to 150 or more. half an hour ... done. just a tip. Don't leave the barbells on your so or dogs favorite couch. They'll shove you out to the gim, and you'll be pumpin iron w/ wierd folk- butt tatoos, body piercing. etc. Hope this helps. Nuthin beats nautilus and a sauna if you have the $$, time for parking, sandals for the shower, KOOL gim threads, and can take the heat.

home-gym is cool for several reasons. You can do charity while you work out- really. You can wash dishes/move an old printer from one computer to another/sweep/mop/wash clothes/feed rabbits/clean rooms etc between reps- you can even do "negatives" safely if you have a squat rack with iron levers.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

I agree with the "home gym" principle.

I don't think people should PAY money to go use equipment somewhere. It might be good for some, especially if you don't have a place to work out.

BUT, you don't need equipment anyway.

barbells are fine. I have a bench, and a full set of weights (Joe Wieder! LOL) up to about 200 lbs. I don't bench press that much these days, no need.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

1. Proper weight lifting/training prevents injuries during hard work, improves mental and physical performance in all activities, increases blood flow 5X, betters vision, coordination, stamina, hormone levels of seratonin and endorfins.
    I agree with virtually all of these benefits. Most types of exercise are helpful to the human body and psyche for many reasons. I'm a good testimony for this. When I stop working out, I am subject to depression, my energy levels go down dramatically and I don't sleep well. Messes me right up.

As for lifting heavy weights - I've steered away from this in my later years as I have some back trouble that can be aggravated by too much weight. I also work out alone. When you get over 300 pounds on a bar (especially squatting) it can be very easy to make a mistake without proper spotters.

There was a time I could squat between 500 and 600 pounds. I'm not nearly brave enough or strong enough to do this now.

Thanks

the most I ever lifted on a bench was about 300 pounds. I lifted the back of a car once, but, that's a story for another time.

I don't see any benefit to being able to bench press so much weight, unless the car falls on you... then again, you'd probably be dead, squashed or not have leverage to get it off your chest. And once you lifted it, what the hell you gonna do with it anyway?

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I don't see any benefit to being able to bench press so much weight, unless the car falls on you... then again, you'd probably be dead, squashed or not have leverage to get it off your chest. And once you lifted it, what the hell you gonna do with it anyway?

LOL
    Now that's funny. What the heck would you do with it once you had it up?

As for bench pressing heavy weight. A strong person has a distinct advantage over a weaker person in hand to hand combat. See the knife fight scene in Saving Private Ryan for reference.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    the most I ever lifted on a bench was about 300 pounds.
    That's darn good. When I was at Syracuse University, I bounced at a bar frequented by football players. One of the linemen I was friends with said that the average bench press of all team members on the roster was about 300 pounds. For some reason I thought it would've been higher than that.

Incidentally, the average squat was about 500 pounds. Granted there were players who were much stronger. One guy was purported to bench around 550 pounds. There may have been some juice involved there, though.

Thanks

I have some back trouble that can be aggravated by too much weight.

Do do those simple back stretchers. I do them religiously every day, often twice. They work.

NEVER ever use a spotter, especially for squats. One inch here or there in a twist w/ 200 lbs or more and you're SCREWED. That's why God invented squat racks- easy to build and if you don't believe spotter's aint squat- i can tell two gruesome stories later.

arhtritis/pain - I'll get back to y'all on my empirical report w/ potatoes- I'm in empirical testing stage, but I read quite a bit on vitamin "d" 2&3- and did doses w/ the pig flu. It did reduce joint pain. Sunlight is the main best source, and insufficient during winter solstice- ergo- more flu.

I'm 55 and about 115 lbs. pretty wierd, eh?

barbells- definitely work the kidneys- dunno how- aint no endocrinologist, but they also tweak some side of the brain. Try it. Do barbells, and you'll find that you become more ambidextrous and agile. Today for instance, I inadvertantly swabbed my left ear w/ cotton q tip. HUh? It woiks.

bad example... I suffered two useless, non-completely debilitating injuries this past year.

1. Dislocated shoulder- dumb shit. Not hard muscles digging ground. Why ?
    2. OWW! Bad twisted ankle. dumb shhh! lazy shitface. Stupid arrogant idiot. Why?

why? - Stupid, lazy dumbshit forgot to remember gospel. 24 hrs. Let days problems suffice. Take care of self- 1. God 2. Take care of body 3. etc.

each person has unique, individual constitution, personality and character.

some conclusions....

proper weight training is best accomplished daily w/ optimum results at the same time daily. plenary indulgence for "priority" or emergency preemptions.

ankle bends and wrist curls- good to do.

as for older age and bench press, I think it's good to shoot for an hour, each day. And not be too slack on the tits. I dont know the physics, but rackon it like cpr on yourself. I never bp more than 240, and "half press" or negative 200 on rare occasions now. Just enough to be able to move your tits like a mardi gra gal. That's my best wisdom. But don't forget to breathe. 2wice. excuse me. I'm between reps. Gotta go breathe.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

Have a bud and a smile.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thread Information