Thread: Breakfast, My Way

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Breakfast, My Way

Take one ribeye steak, a campfire, and a guy hungry for breakfast.

Success!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Breakfast, My Way

Hmmm...

Steak cooked on an open pit fire. Truck tailgate is your table.

But... No eggs, vital to a proper steak and eggs breakfast. However, more importantly, no firearm (though a good looking knife).

I'll give you a 7.5 out of 10.

Thanks

G17 with X300 in a Raven Concealment, outside waist band.

Eggs the day before were Mountain House. I'm still a backpacker by design, and I still travel light - in some things. That pan you see is the only pan I take. I eat right out of the Mtn House package and use plastic utensils - all goes in the fire when done.

Knife is my custom Bark River. Says "Custom 2006" on the blade - kinda tough to see. I finally used the darn thing.

I see another trip on the horizon after spring break is over.

ETA:

My mouth is watering remembering how good that tasted...HAHA!
    Last edited by Backstop; March 13th, 2010 at 01:34.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Man, that’s a good looking meal.

It reminds me of when I was first married and on my honeymoon fourteen years ago. The new missus and I tented a couple days at Joshua Tree National Park. She decided to cook over the open fire so I went for some firewood. When I got back, she had managed to whip up a batch of Margaritas, new potatoes, T-bones for two with garlic butter and camp fire biscuits. It was just about the best meal I ever had. Could have something to do with the fact that it was my honeymoon. Heh.

Last edited by MinutemanCO; March 23rd, 2010 at 21:41.

Thanks

Sounds great, MinutemanCO.

Thanks

Blessed be God. I snapped some cell fone photos of a good half ton of cow dung, and two pretty hung bulls- both on the back of a pickup truck. But to beat the unseen fotos- I ate cow! Wow: I aint exactly a vegetarian, i drink chicken soup, suck gizzard skin, and go 4 de beef- just stopped eatin meat @ 20 years ago for anudder unseen reezon. Do all keeds spell w/out reezon?

btw- I'm all for shooting cows.

So bully for de Missus. Bully for me- cuz I ate cow- warm meat not 12 hours old- and two- medium rare tacos.

As for the BS- it's all in the hoe, ho ho! And the pickup. Good fertilizer.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

You took pictures of a half ton of cow dung?

Sami.... I really think the Administration needs to get together and reevaluate your mental status... /chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Samizdat,

I'm uncertain if you intend to be humorous in your posts, but I sure do get a good laugh out of them. The people in my office are starting to think I'm a little "out there". I may get written up for laughing without clear provocation.

Thanks

This is last years paltry harvest. (1/4 ton. ) This year I double decked planting pots over trash barrels. Helps rooting and thrifty thriving for mamey and hopefully an udder cash crop the cows dont eat cashew trees.

It's really goot sheet, man.

http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/pic...&pictureid=182

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

Cow brains and cheek meat.

Not the proper way to tan a hide, but not bad for a quick holdup w/ 100 hawks lurking.

After scarin off the birds, properly strung up by the "taint".

I skipped all the bs fotos. It's all watered down and ready to fertilize.

"out there". I may get written up for laughing without clear provocation.

What's the beef? I got 5 kilos out of the head. What's the deal w/ your chiefs? They give demerits for checkin out bs on the clock? They must be strung out. Show em where the shits really comin from.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

Regarding Backstops breakfast pic. Reminds me of when Hurricane Ike blew

through here and left us w/o 'lectric for a few. I threw together a few

concrete blocks and a couple grills grates and dubbed it Ikes kitchen. Real nice

shady spot by the driveway, relatively clear of storm debris but close enough I didn't

have to drag stuff too far. Since there wasn't a lot going on at the time, I listened to

radio and burned said debris, saving good dry wood for cooking. Bacon on the grill

and omelets in the wok over same was so good, I've decided to rebuild Ikes Kitchen

in a new location closer to the garden, where we can go straight from the dirt to

the fire so to speak.

BTW, I "borrow" manure from my neighbor, so I can appreciate the pic, fine looking

poop.

Thread Information