Thread: The Police Go Back to the Academy

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Police Go Back to the Academy

I like Police Academy as much as the next guy but really? A remake? As I’ve said, Hollywood is all out of original ideas.

The Police Go Back to the Academy
    Mar 5th 2010

The police are one step closer to going back to the academy. You may remember that Steve Guttenberg was chatting up a reboot over two years ago. In fact, he was quoted as saying: "We are doing a new movie and it is going to be great fun. A script is being written and so far it is really great, everyone from the original movies who is still around will return." Since nothing came of it, it sounded like another forgotten project or wishful thinking. But now -- The Hollywood Reporter posts that New Line wants to relaunch that ol' Police Academy.

Paul Maslansky, one of the series' lead producers, says: "It's going to be very worthwhile to the people who remember it and to those who saw it on TV. It's going to be a new class. We hope to discover new talent and season it with great comedians. It'll be anything but another movie with a numeral next to it. And we'll most probably retain the wonderful musical theme." So, no big return of all the beloved characters as Steve Guttenberg hoped. Also, there's no word on whether this will be more sexy, like the initial films, or family oriented, like the latter. However, considering recent drives to make as many movies family friendly as possible, chances are we'll get the latter.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea -- probably because these were never movies I held near and dear to my heart. Nevertheless, it will all come down to the cast. And, chances are, we can already pick the sort of names that will circle this -- Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, etc. But let's cast (pun not intended) aside the typical and inevitable picks. Who would your dream Police Academy cast be?

Thanks

Default Re: The Police Go Back to the Academy

This is too weird. Just last night failing memory led me to (insert search engine title) this movie in search of Tackleberrys real name, only to discover he passed in '01.

Thread Information