Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Will America Break Up?

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Will America Break Up?

Americans Are Migrating To More Free Republican States

March 28, 2013

Americans are migrating from less-free liberal states to more-free conservative states, where they are doing better economically, according to a new study published Thursday by George Mason University's Mercatus Center.

The "Freedom in the 50 States" study measured economic and personal freedom using a wide range of criteria, including tax rates, government spending and debt, regulatory burdens, and state laws covering land use, union organizing, gun control, education choice and more.

It found that the freest states tended to be conservative "red" states, while the least free were liberal "blue" states.

The freest state overall, the researchers concluded, was North Dakota, followed by South Dakota, Tennessee, New Hampshire and Oklahoma. The least free state by far was New York, followed by California, New Jersey, Hawaii and Rhode Island.

The study also compared its measures of economic and personal freedom to population shifts and income growth, and found that freer states tend to do better on both scores than those less free.

For example, it found a strong correlation between a state's freedom ranking and migration, which means that Americans are gravitating toward states that have less-intrusive governments.

Escape From New York, L.A.

New York, for example, saw a net migration of -9.2% between 2000 and 2011, and California's was -4.2%. In contrast, Tennessee gained 4.4%, and Oklahoma gained 1.3%.

An IBD analysis of the data found that "red" states — those voting for Republican presidential candidates in the past two elections — saw an overall net migration of 2.2%, while "blue" states saw an overall average net migration of -0.3%.

"People are voting for places with greater freedom," said William Ruger, a political scientist at Texas State University and one of the co-authors of the study. That was true, he said, even after controlling for things like weather and amenities that might attract people to states independent of these freedom measures.

The study also found that states with more freedom tended to see stronger income growth. This was particularly true in states with more regulatory freedom.

"Adam Smith was right," Ruger said. "If you have economic freedom, you will have economic growth."

IBD has previously reported that red states saw stronger job growth, lower unemployment and bigger gains in per capita income than blue states during the economic recovery. For example, IBD found that in the first three years of the recovery, red states saw 1.9% job growth compared with 1.2% for blue states.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

That is just one reason I left California, Ryan.

Thanks

Anne Arundel County, Maryland Delegate Don Dwyer Calls For 'Militia' As Gun Control Vote Nears

April 4, 2013

As the House of Delegates debated Gov. Martin O’Malley’s gun control initiative Wednesday afternoon, Del. Don Dwyer was using social media to call for creation of a volunteer militia around the state.

In a Facebook post at 4 p.m., Dwyer, R-Pasadena, issued a call for help from “Maryland patriots.”

“I was certain that the time would come when there would be a need to organize the ‘voluntary militia.’ That time has come.

“The voluntary militia is recognized in the Maryland Constitution under Article 9, Section 1, and the Declaration of Rights under Article 28 that notes ‘a well regulated militia is the proper and natural defense of a free government.’”

Dwyer did not specifically link the militia to the gun control debate. Lousia Baucom, his legislative aide, confirmed Dwyer was on the House floor during the debate over gun control but said he would not comment Wednesday on his call for volunteers.

Dwyer has been an outspoken critic of the gun control measures working their way through the General Assembly.

Delegates are expected to pass the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, an amended version of Senate Bill 281. The bill will then head back to the Senate with any changes. Both chambers must agree on the same version of the bill by Monday, the scheduled last day of the General Assembly’s 90-day session.

Under the bill, Maryland would have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, banning the sale of assault weapons, limiting magazines to 10 bullets and requiring more extensive training and a license for new gun owners.

“Please know that I am not calling for insurrection of any kind, I am simply calling for you to join me in establishing an organized effort to establish a voluntary militia in every county of the state,” Dwyer wrote in his posting.

Dwyer urged volunteers to contact him for information how they can serve in the militia.

This is the second time in recent weeks that Dwyer has used his Facebook page to launch a campaign. Late last month, he said he is considering a change of party to help oust “hard left” liberals from the Democratic primaries.

Thanks

Too late... lol

There are organized militias in 50% of the counties in the country now.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Maybe, but this is interesting coming from an elected official.

Thanks

A lot of elected officials are involved and not saying things publicly. I can tell you that for a fact.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Poll: 29% Think Armed Rebellion Might Soon Be Necessary

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

lol

They didn't ask us....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Missouri Declares Itself a Free State

Posted on May 9, 2013 by Robert Farago

America is no longer split between Democrat and Republican. It’s now divided between citizens who believe in big government and those who consider small government the key to personal liberty. Social unity vs. individual rights. Economic dependency vs. financial self-sufficiency. Not to put too fine a point on it, it’s a struggle between slavery and freedom. The battle over the natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms has thrown this Great Divide into high relief. We’re once again a nation of slave states (e.g., California, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island), free states (e.g., Texas, Kansas, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Montana) and states moving one way or the other (e.g., Colorado, New Mexico, Illinois). And now Missouri has declared its status . . .

The Missouri Legislature sent the governor a bill Wednesday that would expand gun rights and declare all federal gun regulations unenforceable, in a response to President Obama’s push for gun control legislation.
    Aside from nullification—a movement to which Kansas recently ascribed (much to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s chagrin)—the new bill expands Missourians’ existing gun rights.

In addition to declaring federal gun laws unenforceable, the bill would allow concealed weapons to be carried by designated school personnel in school buildings. It would allow appointed “protection officers” to carry concealed weapons as long as they have a valid permit and register with the state Department of Public Safety. The officers would also be required to complete a training course.
    The bill would also allow people with a firearms permit to openly carry weapons less than 16 inches in length even in localities that prohibit open-carry of firearms . . .

The legislation passed Wednesday would prevent people from publishing any identifying information on gun owners. A person who publishes such information would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor. It also would prevent doctors or nurses from being required to ask patients about firearm ownership.

The measure would also lower the minimum age required to obtain a concealed weapons permit from 21 to 19.
    And if that’s not enough—and it may well not be, considering the AG’s hard-on for Kansas and the Supreme Court’s fondness for considering sneezing interstate commerce—the Show-Me State is considering an amendment to their constitution that would make residents’ right to keep and bear arms an “inalienable” right.

The tension between the two Americas continues to build . . .

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

I'd say America has been "split" in two for more than five years now
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

As a certain Internet persona said years ago, just look at the map of the last election.

I do note that Virginia seems to never make the news as far as this issue and I suspect its because the commonwealth already has a comprehensive buyer check law from shops. Private party sales are not regulated as far as I know and that is the way a reporter slammed our state claiming the small guns he or she was able to buy private sale were some great loophole. I mean, a true gun holder who may sell privately tends to have some discretion and a reporter seeming to be a responsible person, as they likely are, is no red flag.

Thanks

Oklahoma joins 21 other states with petition for secession from the Union

Almost half of the 50 states are petitioning to leave the Union since the re-election of Barack Obama.
    Credits: Mark Wilson/Getty

" Oklahoma has joined at least 21 other states to secede from the United States. It was reported on Nov. 12 that Oklahoma residents are signing a petition, asking for permission to no longer be part of the United States.

WebProNews also reported on Nov. 12 that there is no mention of the Nov. 6 presidential election, despite all the petitions being started after Barack Obama was re-elected as the president.

“I can certainly understand not wanting to be part of America for at least the next four years,” Clara Whitestone, from Oklahoma City, said. “That joke known as ObamaCare is enough to send real Americans running. Add on to that the fiscal cliff that we are about to jump off of and all the places where marijuana and gay marriage is now legal and sane people will be signing petitions all over the country.”

For the petitions to be entertained by Washington, D.C., each petition must have a minimum of 25,000 signatures. At the time of publication, only one state, Texas, has that amount. The petition from Texas has over 27,000 signatures. It is believed that the other states’ petitions only have about 4,000 signatures each.

“Talk about sour grapes,” Leticia Brown, from Warr Acres, said. “They don’t like having a black man as president so they want to start their own white country. All Tea Party racists that want to promote white people and keep all the blacks in chains.”

The states that have petitioned the government to secede are as follows: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Both Georgia and Missouri have at least two petitions. "

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

It is nearly always presumed those who dislike Obama get the moniker as racist. The name callers never actually listen to what those who dislike the man are saying. I for one always talk policy as race is a non issue for me as I know it is for most who dislike him. There will always be those who are racist, but to tag any group as all one thing is ignorant. I cannot say all democrats are any one thing, nor all republicans are all one thing. Individuals of a group will be different.

So, anyone can choose to call me racist for my dislike of Obama, but they will not hear me voicing any proof of the claim, since my view is based on facts about his terms and prior to the terms. I am just glad to see some of his tyrant rules are being combated with some success. The thing is, he has pushed so much damaging legislation and EO's that we can win a fight or several but still lose the battle. Sad times.

Thanks

You mentioned Obama in a negative way, you racist!

lol

I think Mal (for one) took those insults (being called a racist for example) and converted it into serious sarcasm a long time ago.

Me, I don't like Obama because:

1) He is a Progressive/Communist,
    2) who was raised by a Communist (his father),
    3) was born in another country and isn't even an American (even though he CLAIMS Hawaii),
    4) Lies out right constantly, Obfuscates the truth, lies by omission, misinforms the public, mis-characterizes the Right all the time, and did I mention "lies",
    5) Surrounds himself with criminals (terrorists, tax evaders, and lying liars),
    6) Wants to take MY money I EARNED for himself and his over-bearing, over-reaching, tyrannical government and claims people like me don't pay "our fair share",
    7) Wants to shut down coal, oil and other natural fuel resources,
    8) has tried to force "Green" energy and "Green" jobs on America but instead has shut down many industries,
    9) Intentionally has shut down (using overbearing, overreaching bureaucracies) to over regulate everything you can think of,
    10) Believes in Islam but lies about it,
    11) Supports terrorist countries without thinking about it,
    12) Is a Puppet of Putin (see "I'll have more flexibility after I'm re-elected",
    13) has tried to BAN MY GUNS, AMMO etc (I'm a law abiding citizen, unlike his "son" Trayvon Martin, who was a criminal too) and thinks *I* am a criminal because I own guns;
    14) has allowed the IRS to target Conservatives,
    15) has allowed the Justice Department to target the media (in particular Fox news reporters),
    16) Tried to go after guns with the "Fast and Furious" and "project Gun Walker" programs which got people KILLED (and still wants to blame ME for owning guns legally?),
    17) has tried to re-define the word "racist" to mean "Anyone White"....
    18) Pulls the race card every chance he gets....

--- and I could go on, and on, and on. But not ONE thing I've said is "racist". Nothing ANY of us have said is "racists". The assholes that use that phrase are just that, assholes that want to "re-define" words like racist. Blacks are some of the most racist people I've ever met.

I have never once in my life acted racist or called someone a bad name (like the "N" word for instance, a word I won't use anyway) and yet BECAUSE I am WHITE I'm called that name often (racist). People don't know me, my background, how I grew up or the distaste I have for people WHO are racist - and they would still call me a racist?

No, the truth of the matter is, Phil, I could care less what anyone thinks of me. But if they try to make me out to be something I am NOT, I'll fight. To the death. And if they want to MAKE me into a racist, all they have to do is keep up the name calling because people get one chance. I give them the benefit of doubt; once. If they treat me badly and continue to lie, I'll treat them the same way back.

In my time it was called "The Golden Rule". Do unto others as you would have them do unto thee.

But in these days, I'll call it Rick's Law. Do right back to them as what them does to you first....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Thank you Rick.

Well stated by you and Mal.

Thanks

Even lefties are getting on board with a "two state solution' for their own misguided reasons...

Memo To The South: Go Ahead, Secede Already!

Let’s face it—on nearly every important issue, from gun control to immigration to gay marriage, red states are holding America back. Lee Siegel on why the South should get the hell out of the union.

April 30, 2013

Let’s not be fooled by all the bipartisan rhetoric that has been streaming out of the GOP since Romney’s self-destruction. Hundreds of thousands of petitioners in a handful of red states still want to secede? Well, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

A solid block of Southern states continues to refuse to expand Medicaid, thus squashing one of the linchpins of the president’s health-care reform. The South will likely be the last and most stubborn battleground in the fight for gay marriage. Gun control? The more the two sides seem to get cozier with each other, the faster gun-control legislation gets watered down—and more and more red states are passing laws making it legal to carry a concealed weapon. As for immigration, the red states seem to be relaxing their anti-immigrant fervor, but nothing approaching new legislation is even on the horizon.

The sad truth is that “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” can only be achieved at this point if the nation is split in half. Far from being fanciful or fanatical, the proponents of secession have a stronger grasp of political reality than just about anyone else. In fact, there are serious reasons why the North itself should take the lead in a secessionist movement.

Just think what America would look like without its mostly Southern states. (We could retain “America”: they could call themselves “Smith & Wesson” or “Coca-Cola” or something like that.) Universal health care. No guns. Strong unions. A humane minimum wage. A humane immigration policy. High revenues from a fair tax structure. A massive public-works program. Legal gay marriage. A ban on carbon emissions. Electric cars. Stronger workplace protections. Extended family leave from work in case of pregnancy or illness. Longer unemployment benefits. In short, a society on a par with most of the rest of the industrialized world—a place whose politics have finally caught up with its social and economic realities.

But I don’t want to appear blindly partisan—a sundering of the union would make the other half of America equally fulfilled. The red-state republic could finally establish a theocracy in which the fundamentalist Christian church would legislate all the important aspects of civic life. It could either send its illegal and/or legal immigrants northward or reinstitute a reformed system of indenture whereby immigrants are purchased by bona fide citizens who have a fully modernized respect for private property. It could, taking the lead from the pioneering Kansas legislature, abolish the income tax, raising revenue from, for example, a “pay to work” program. It could ban abortion in all instances, including rape and incest, and use the growing population of orphans to establish an impressive standing army.

The red-state nation, giddy with new mobility, could make the 1958 Chevy its official car, and use the cutting-edge resources of cable television and the Internet to broadcast postwar situation comedies 24 hours a day. It could arm all of its citizens, and thus relieve itself of the financial burden of maintaining law-enforcement agencies. And without any type of regulation, it could finally compete with similarly unhampered societies all over the world. Without the FDA, a new red-state republic could use refined transfats to develop ever tastier delicacies, perhaps energizing its economy by instituting a toxic-food-for-toxic-toys program with China.

Bitter sarcasm aside, both regions of the country would, in a word, have conferred on them the fundamental freedoms they each believe the other side is denying them.

Instead, we are stuck living in an America whose politics hang suspended somewhere in the 1850s, when the almost symmetrical divide in the country kept one half of it mired in a barbaric system of slavery—itself rooted in ancient customs and conventions—and the other half moving quickly, along scientific and technological lines, into the modern era. Almost 150 years after the end of the Civil War, when it comes to basic issues and fundamental values, America is still split right down the middle.

Liberal pundits, especially, refuse to see this, perhaps because their livelihood depends on their ability to cheer readers and viewers through the deepening gloom with ever brighter optimistic prognostication. Nonetheless, the country is still as neatly divided as quinoa pilaf with mushrooms on one side and roasted pork belly on the other, and will continue to be. The presidency will swing one way and Congress—then, or two years later—will swing another. No matter the current state of the Republican Party, the iron law of “throw the bums out” will kick in, and the outsiders will once again have the White House. And still nothing will have changed.

It boggles the mind that, even as I write this, the so-called sequester, imposed by law in lieu of a balanced budget, has kicked in and is about to cause misery for millions of the most vulnerable Americans on both sides of the divide. Other countries suffer strife or war or anarchy or real economic terrors. We, on the other hand, the most prosperous and most powerful nation on the face of the earth, squabble like young newlyweds over how to pay the household bills.

The conventional, almost formulaic description of this political psychosis is that the Democrats and Republicans cannot “agree” on a solution, which they would be able to do if only the two sides would act rationally and “listen to” each other. The fact that they cannot “negotiate” results in a “stalemate,” which summons to mind the happy delusion of a demanding chess match at the end of which the two competing parties can at least take solace in a game beautifully and intelligently played. Or we hear on Fox that the Democrats are ideologically blind and fanatical in their pursuit of a totalitarian government. Or we hear on MSNBC that the Republicans are ideologically blind and fanatical in their pursuit of a Darwinian dystopia.

The. Country. Is. Split. Right. Down. The. Middle. May I, with the subtlety of cannonballs falling upon Fort Sumter, suggest that we stop using the anodyne categories of red and blue, and start calling the two sides “Confederate” and “Union,” which is what they really are?

The association of North with modernity and South with regression is so prominent, so visible, so all-encompassing that its familiarity has made it invisible. Here are the facts—with important exceptions in every category. The great research universities are in the blue states. So are the great medical schools, the great hospitals, and the great law schools. The great art and history museums are in the blue part of the country.

The most important popular and “high” art is produced by blue people, in blue places. Even the best comedians—with the exception of Stephen Colbert—are, you might say, from free as opposed to slave states.

By contrast, the South leads in all the negative trends. The South has the highest infant mortality rate. It has the most traffic deaths. It leads the country in gun deaths. It has the greatest number of obese people. It has the highest rate of diabetes. It has the largest number of people dying from stroke—a broad swath of the southeastern United States is known as the “stroke belt.” The South has the highest rates of cognitive decline.

Interestingly, though the South is home to the major tobacco companies and to carcinogenic Coca-Cola, the highest incidence of many types of cancer happens to be in the North. Which just proves that the stress of living alongside the Confederacy is now seriously affecting our health.

And the country’s great, recent Southern presidents? Jimmy Carter did more damage to the liberal agenda, which had been heroically advanced by that arch-fiend Richard Nixon, than any other modern president. In 1993, Arkansan Bill Clinton proposed a budget nearly devoid of social investment and almost identical to Reagan’s years earlier. Even when they find themselves in the vanguard of mainstream American politics, Southern politicians heed their atavistic instincts—and their gift for nimble expedience—and turn, like flowers straining toward the setting sun, back to the 19th century.

As for the great numbers of enlightened men and women in the South, let me cut through all the nuances of history and polemic and invite them all to flee northward. To paraphrase Swift, I am opposed to the Southern tribe as a voting, obstructing, retarding whole, but not to the countless individuals who make up the tribe, some of whom of course are exemplars of decency, humanity, wit, sophistication, and charm. Let them come north, and enrich us with their grace and charm. (And maybe if CNN moved their headquarters to New York or Philadelphia or Boston, the network could save its plummeting ratings simply by changing its employees’ diets.)

I used to take sharp issue with the argument, advanced by Tom Frank, that red-state citizens are rubes deceived into voting against their own material interests by wily Republican elites. My feeling was that people who lead a hardscrabble existence, like so many in the South, don’t define their lives in economic terms since the economy has failed them, and always will. Instead, they set the spiritual wealth of their cultural values—God and country—against the liberal domination of national culture; against liberal elites who are every bit as rich as their Republican counterparts but who seem to have no sympathy for the ordinary lives of the hard-pressed who abide by a different system of values.

By this point, I could care less about such people. All I know is that they stand opposed to every social and economic arrangement that would make an increasingly harsh and exponentially more complicated America more bearable for those with little or no material resources. I don’t really care what the matter is with the so-called average American. My attitude now is somewhat less cerebral. Fuck Kansas, and fuck the horse it rode (into the Union) on.

Perhaps my newfound sense of explicit disgust with America’s backside is why I cannot join in the ongoing celebration of Abraham Lincoln that seems to have seized the country since Obama’s first election. Never mind the perhaps 1 million lives that Lincoln destroyed for the sake of preserving the Union—not for the sake of abolishing slavery, which was Lincoln’s sacred pretext. Slavery was an abomination and it had to be wiped out. But how many slaves would have been destroyed, spiritually or physically, by the time the South fell if it had been allowed to secede? Would it have been 1 million? Who has the audacity to compare agonies?

These days I sometimes fall into a counter-historical revelry in which Lincoln allowed the South to remove itself from the Union. Within months, hundreds of Underground Railroads would have sprung up, slowly draining the South of its shackled manpower. The thriving Northern economy, galvanized by technological advances, would have made it possible to boycott Southern goods that could then have been bought from other countries. Northern economic and political might would have purchased important foreign alliances, which could have been used to isolate the South. In maybe 10 years, with the help of Northern and foreign arms, Southern blacks would have overthrown a feeble, decaying government run mostly by alcoholics lost in a haze of deluded grandeur.

Who knows? By the 1870s, we might have had a black republic; by the 1880s, the first free and equal pair of interracial countries; by 1890, cool jazz. On the eve of the Second World War, the pact between the North American nation and the Southern American nation might have established such a powerful and enlightened pair of biracial republics that Nazi and Japanese theories of racial superiority would never have gotten off the ground.

Or not.

But it hardly matters what might have been. What exists now is unworkable, untenable, and damn near unendurable. We are living in a permanently forked land. If you’re reading this website, you’re most likely one of “us.” And what “we” often write about, with scathing exasperation, is the retrograde stubbornness of “them.” Just as the German playwright Gustav Freitag famously reduced all drama to a single five-act structure, all of “our” political writing can be reduced to a few themes or tropes. We are for high taxes. They are for no taxes. We are for prohibiting, in various degrees, the private ownership of guns. They are for the universal ownership of guns. We are for choice on abortion. They are against it. We are for stem-cell research. They are against it. We are for universal health care paid for by taxes. They are for excluding government from health care (except when it comes to Medicare). We are for legal immigration in generous numbers. They are for a small trickle of legal immigration. We are for a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, materialist, rationalist, secular society in which gay people marry and raise adopted children, and women more often than not rule a roost that has two electric cars in every garage and a small bottle of morning-after pills in every purse. How about them?

Let us, along with the secessionists, get real. Maybe, by turning our unacknowledged, absolute division into a recognized aggression—by liberating the two irreconcilable halves of the country into two frankly contending rivals—just maybe, we can, at last, play ball.

Little Czechoslovakia split itself in two; why can’t we?

Thanks

Hahahahahahahaha

They fail to understand the true ramifications of secession to themselves.
    Being "held back" isn't the biggest issue either. It's how many of them will be denied access to the "Southern States".
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Rural Colorado Counties Threaten Secession, Formation Of 51st State

June 6, 2013

One corner of rural Colorado is so fed up with the leftward lurch of our state that county leaders are talking secession by creating the 51st state.

Weld County Commissioners say other leaders in northeastern Colorado are ready to go with them, citing concerns that they are being ignored on issues like energy and agriculture.

"Our very way of life is under attack," Weld County Commissioner Sean Conway said on Thursday.

The Republican says Wednesday's signing of Senate Bill 252 by Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper, which critics say would increase rates for only rural Colorado while at the same time promoting renewable energy, was the last straw.

"That is a direct assault on rural Colorado," Weld County Commissioner Mike Freeman said.

At a recent meeting of county commissioners from all over the state, Conway says roughly 10 counties warmed to the idea of a petition to create a new state.

"That state would be the state of Northern Colorado," Conway said.

"Some would call it extreme, maybe aggressive, and I would say absolutely. I think extreme times call for extreme actions," Weld County Commissioner Doug Rademacher, a Republican, said.

The process will be daunting. Voters in each county would need to vote for the idea. Then statehood would need to be approved by the state legislature, the governor and Congress.

The last state to do this effectively was West Virginia in 1863.

"What I would say to those folks in Denver that say this doesn't have any chance? We're not going to take this seriously? Beware, because we're not going away," Conway said.

Thanks

The process will be daunting. Voters in each county would need to vote for the idea. Then statehood would need to be approved by the state legislature, the governor and Congress.
    Umm, bullshit.

The Congress has nothing to do with Session. The Governor of a State can't do jack about it if the state legislature says "We go". The state can't do crap if the majority of citizens (and I think it will be close to 99% of them in those counties) want to leave.

There is no "government approval" required to secede from the USA. Sorry. That article is WRONG.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I think they were referring to the process of official statehood which is laid out in the US Constitution.

You're right about general secession though I'm not sure what all that would entail versus statehood.

Thread Information