Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Will America Break Up?

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Will America Break Up?

Serious question...

Does anyone know of any good books or websites that deal with the societal situation in the US just before the Civil War broke out?

We he hear a lot about the actual war and what the official opening shots were but not the actual lead-up and I'd like to learn more about it to see if there are any modern parallels.

Thanks

Not off hand Ryan.

But I'm willing to bet it's close to now.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

That's what I'm afraid to find out...

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Ryan, I've got an email in to the Wallbuilders historic group asking your question for you. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MinutemanCO For This Useful Post:

Ryan Ruck (January 10th, 2013)

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Russia:

China:

Iran-Hezbollah:

Mexico:

Venezuela:

Cuba:

Nicaragua:

North Korea:

Then....

On the West Coast...

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    I'm beginning to see embedded within this Russian professors breakup prediction analysis map a legend to a possible regional Axis invasion plan.

The map below outlines the regions where each participating nation or nations in a Axis multinational coalition would penetrate America.

Red: Russia would launch several invasions points along the borders and or within this region, notice the East Coast is also Red.

Green: China would launch several invasions points along the borders and or within this region.

Blue: Mexico/Cartels/Hezbollah and a coalition of Latin American countries would launch several invasions points along and or within this region, Mexico could also support China along the California and Arizona borders.

Yellow area would be the second phase of the invasion after DC falls and the seat of government moves to West to be re-established.

This is where the final battles would be fought.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    Ryan, I've got an email in to the Wallbuilders historic group asking your question for you. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.
    Awesome! I've never even heard of them before so thanks!

Thanks

You know, it occurs to me Ryan you can probably find a local historical re-enactment group in your area that might have some information on that as well.

While I never did Revolutionary War or Civil War reenactment, I did do the SCA re-enactment stuff and we were pretty well read on the particular history we were trying to portray.

So, perhaps a local group might actually have such a library in existence?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

here Ryan,

http://www.mikechurch.com/

Mike has a ton of well done docudramas he has made after tons of research. His newest is What Lincoln Killed and has info that may satisfy your need. It is steep at $100 but in my humble opinion, well worth it as I have heard parts of it and listen to Mike on my morning drive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phil Fiord For This Useful Post:

Ryan Ruck (January 11th, 2013)

Thanks

Thanks Phil! I'll check that out.

I hear bits of Mike Church on Sirius every now and then.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Church is who coined the little 'r' republican term. I appreciate that as I have no confidence in any party at this time, but am a constitutional conservative.

Thanks

Listening to Hannity right now and while he didn't come out and say he's concerned about the country splitting up, he mentioned the several states with their Firearms Freedom Acts and how in the future states may well be "going their own way" as he put it.

When you've got a velvet glove like Hannity (no offense to him but he's too much of a "nice guy") talking about this issue, then you know it's time to be concerned.

Thanks

One of the states, I think I posted it earlier, is passing a law to castrate any Federal gun laws. I think it was Wyoming.

My state, they want to tell us "we're a test bed for gun control".

I already made my promise to the Governor, the "test" is gonna fail.

I'm definitely on his list now... he knows my name, address and even that I own weapons and I refuse to hand them over to anyone. I'll fight.

Boys, my line has been drawn.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Well, I guess Hannity's bit I mentioned made The Daily Caller...

Hannity Foresees States Leaving Union If Federal Government Continues ‘Radicalized, Abusive’ Pattern

January 11, 2013

On his Friday radio show, conservative talker and Fox News host Sean Hannity warned that the United States may fall apart if tax rates remain high.

“The states are now fighting and battling against their own federal government,” Hannity said. ”Same thing with individuals. If you live in a state like New York, New Jersey, California [or] one of these high-tax states [where] 60-plus cents of every dollar goes to taxes, you’ll say, ‘What the hell am I doing this for?’”

“A lot of people have told me that,” Hannity continued. “A lot of people are moving. … I noticed that Bobby Jindal moved to remove his state income tax. He’s not stupid. You know what’s going to happen in Louisiana? The same thing that is happening in Texas and Florida — their populations are soaring. They’re doing a lot better. State governments are fine. They’re surviving. They don’t have the property taxes they do in New York, which is obscene. In New York, you just pay and pay and pay and pay.”

States with lower taxes may soon decide they want to stop shouldering the burden of states with higher taxes, Hannity warned.

“People that are fed up with a power hungry, radicalized, abusive federal government intruding into every aspect of our lives,” Hannity continued. “People are going to say they’re fed up, and states are going to want more liberty and more freedom. They’re not going to want to tax their citizens to death anymore. If this pattern continues and gets worse and worse and worse, I can see at some point the states saying, ‘Forget it. I don’t want to be a part of this union anymore.’”

Hannity rejected the idea that secession is necessarily a “radical concept,” arguing that the Declaration of Independence is itself a “radical document.”

“There is a tipping point in all of these debates,” he said. “Now, politically speaking, that means people are going to be thrown out of office, I hope. But if not, there are going to be people in more conservative states that have had enough. I can see a state like Utah saying, ‘Enough is enough,’ [and] a state like Texas saying, ‘Enough is enough.’ I absolutely can.”

“A lot of people [are] getting sick” of President Barack Obama’s executive orders on matters like immigration policy, Hannity added.

Thanks

I get unknown data and "unavailable" on the images
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yeah, the embed isn't playing nice with the board software. Just head on over to the link. It's audio of the segment.

Thanks

Listened already
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This is the true intent of the Administration, there were hints of this ever since they came into office.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

White House: No secession for Alabama

By George Talbot | gtalbot@al.com
    on January 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM, updated January 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Flags wave in front of the Alabama Statehouse in Montgomery, Ala. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

There will be no secession for Alabama.

That’s the official word from the White House in response to petitions from Alabama and seven other states seeking to withdraw from the Union.

The Obama administration said in a message posted Friday on its “We the People” online forum that Americans are empowered to change their government at the ballot box – not by secession.

“Our founding fathers established the Constitution of the United States ‘in order to form a more perfect union’ through the hard and frustrating but necessary work of self-government,” wrote Jon Carson, director of the White House Office of Public Engagement.

“They enshrined in that document the right to change our national government through the power of the ballot -- a right that generations of Americans have fought to secure for all. But they did not provide a right to walk away from it.”

The response was triggered by a series of petitions filed in the days after the Nov. 6 presidential election, each seeking to secede. Many of them were posted anonymously to the “We the People” web site, established by the Obama administration to allow citizens to petition the government.

The Alabama petition was filed Nov. 9 by Derrick Belcher of Chunchula, a self-described truck driver, Libertarian and former owner of a topless car wash in Mobile. The petition carried no legal authority – Gov. Robert Bentley called it “the silliest thing I’ve ever heard” – but quickly surpassed 25,000 signatures, the White House’s threshold for receiving an official response.

The Alabama petition had more than 31,500 signatures as of early Saturday.

While petitions eventually were filed from all 50 states, Carson’s message was directed specifically at petitions from Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. It also addressed a ninth petition that sought to deport anyone who signed a petition to secede.

Carson said the Obama administration welcomed a free exchange with even its harshest critics, saying that an engaged citizenry was the cornerstone of democracy.

“Let's be clear: No one disputes that our country faces big challenges, and the recent election followed a vigorous debate about how they should be addressed,” he wrote. “As President Obama said the night he won re-election, ‘We may have battled fiercely, but it's only because we love this country deeply and we care so strongly about its future.’”

Click here to read the full response as posted on the White House’s “We the People” web site.

Alabama leads the way in nationwide run on guns

By Challen Stephens | cstephens@al.com
    on January 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM, updated January 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM

A Huntsville customer holds up a standard AR-15 modern sporting rifle at Larry's Pistol & Pawn, where lines were long in December. (Challen Stephens / cstephens@al.com)

Alabama appears to have led the national run on guns last month.

It's not that Alabamians purchased the most. But Alabama saw the nation's largest spike in applications for firearm background checks, a sudden rise of 145 percent, between the months of October and December.

Federal background checks spiked in every single state following the presidential election and the shooting in Newtown, according to FBI data on background checks. Background checks normally rise before Christmas. But as 2012 ended with debate over gun control, the rise went well beyond the normal uptick for holiday shopping.

And the increased interest wasn't limited to the South.

Tennessee saw background checks rise 130 percent between October and December, the second largest spike. But an al.com analysis of federal background checks shows Tennessee was followed in order by Delaware, Mississippi, Oregon and Virginia. In all, 16 states filed for more than twice as many firearm background checks in December as in October. That includes Ohio, Rhode Island and Nevada.

The data comes from the FBI, and is not a perfect match with sales, as states have different requirements for checks and some customers are denied. But the rising interest in gun ownership is clear.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, December 2012 marked the highest number of background checks ever. The NSSF, based in Newtown, Conn., is the firearm trade association.

Nationally, Kentucky saw the smallest spike at the end of 2012, with background checks up just 17 percent from October to December. But that's because, according to the NSSF, Kentucky already conducts many more checks than other states, routinely inquiring about people who hold active concealed carry permits.

For perspective, Kentucky filled out 6 background check applications for every 10 citizens. No other state sees a fraction as much activity per capita.

View full size
    Data source: NICS Firearm Background Checks, 2012

In terms of applications per capita, Alabama ranked 10th, with roughly nine background checks for every 100 citizens in 2012. However, Alabama jumped to 7th in background checks per capita during a busy December.

NSSF, which adjusts for those extra checks by Kentucky and a couple other states, found a small rise already starting nationwide in January of 2012 over January of 2011. Checks in June were up 25 percent over June of 2011. But the spike grows largest by year's end, as the NSSF's adjusted numbers show the FBI handled about 1.4 million checks in December of 2011 compared to more than 2.2 million in December of 2012. That's a year-over-year jump of 59 percent.

NSSF reports that December 2012 marked the 31st consecutive month that checks rose over the same month in the previous year.

According to the FBI, the National Instant Criminal Background System, or NICS, was launched in 1998. Federal Firearms Licensees can use the system to determine who is eligible to buy a firearm, checking for categories such as illegal aliens, fugitives, convicts, those who have been committed, individuals currently under restraining orders and military personnel who were dishonorably discharged.

"Before ringing up the sale, cashiers call in a check to the FBI or to other designated agencies to ensure that each customer does not have a criminal record or isn't otherwise ineligible to make a purchase. More than 100 million such checks have been made in the last decade, leading to more than 700,000 denials," reads the FBI information on the NICS web page.

However, recent political debate has turned to flaws in the system. For instance, states are not legally required to supply the records necessary to maintain a meaningful federal database. And unlicensed gun sellers can get around the system.

Updated on Jan. 10 at 7:44 p.m. to show Tennessee saw the second largest spike in background checks between October and December.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    White House: No secession for Alabama

The Obama administration said in a message posted Friday on its “We the People” online forum that Americans are empowered to change their government at the ballot box – not by secession.
    Umm... Isn't how the states originally decided to secede, at the ballot box?

And I respond to the White House, "Or what?"

Thanks

And *I* respond... "If the Constitution is being used in this manner, to try to say the states can't secede then where is the White House's problem with the Second Amendment because that is in the Constitution too; and it says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Wake up you morons before it's too late. This is America, not the Soviet Union. We aren't your slaves."
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information