Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Will America Break Up?

Thanks

Default Re: Will America Break Up?

I don't think enough people understand that Ryan. The median age of America is 36.8 as of 2010.

There are 316,000,000 people in America (roughly) and half of them are younger than that age, the other half are older than that age.

When I was in High School in the early 1970s many of the teachers were young "progressives". Today they are the OLD progressives - they believed quietly in communism.

Many of their students, yours truly excepted, were brainwashed and are my age, and they are the leaders today. Today they believe openly in communism.

Now, I point all of this out for a reason. History books were "changing" even back then. I recall a teacher saying to us (History, was also the football coach) that "History is re-written by the winners". I made the smart ass crack that, "It's a good thing we have libraries then!"

He went on to explain that history books were being re-written now and of course libraries change their books out often and get rid of the old ones. He seemed to know even back then something was up. I'll point out he was a very "liberal" by our standards then, black man.

I think that those who have gone on to become historians are deliberately trying to change our past and people honestly DO NOT KNOW why the civil war was fought. Today, the Tea Party people are being painted as "terrorists" to the public. This is such obvious bullshit, and yet people are falling for it.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I don't know MMCO... Rasmussen is generally a pretty reliable pollster.

All I can say is if it is true it doesn't bode well for the future especially if, as you mentioned, the numbers increase.

Today is the anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Earlier FNC had a Civil War historian on and even he said, on live TV as he wrapped the segment though I don't think Megyn Kelly caught it, there are many parallels between the division during the Civil War and now.
    Yeah. After I posted, I had a feeling that maybe they really do believe. I guess it's hard for me to understand the liberal sheeple mindset. I've never ever gone along with a crowd and believed something I've been told just because it was told to me. I'm always testing, always verifying to the best of my limited ability. It's strange. I even run into so called conservatives who believe the hype they've been fed through various media outlets. It's epidemic on both sides of the fence.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    Yeah. After I posted, I had a feeling that maybe they really do believe. I guess it's hard for me to understand the liberal sheeple mindset. I've never ever gone along with a crowd and believed something I've been told just because it was told to me. I'm always testing, always verifying to the best of my limited ability. It's strange. I even run into so called conservatives who believe the hype they've been fed through various media outlets. It's epidemic on both sides of the fence.
    One thing to remember MMCO, as Rick mentioned, the young revolutionaries of yesteryear are the "leaders" of today. They're the one shaping this narrative.

I know this has been posted here a number of times but it fits well with this:

Thanks

Let me add another data point in "sheeple".

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for a checkup. Having some "chest pains", I think I tore a muscle lifting crap, not my heart or BP or anything. So, I check in and they have me answer questions on who I am. No problem.

Verify my appointment. no problem.

Check my insurance. No problem.

Have me initial and sign a form that basically gives them permission to give the insurance company information on me to get paid. No problem.

Then they hand me a questionnaire. It has about 15 questions. ALL of the questions are mental health evaluation questions. (At a later time, when I have the chance, I'll photo it and post it).

The questions give you a range from 0 to 5 or 6, 0 being "Never felt like this" to "I feel like this very often".

They asked in a manner that makes it sound like I wrote it out. For example one of them said something like:

"I have recently felt like hurting myself" 0 1 2 3 4 5

Instead of protesting the questions, I asked, "What are these for?"

"Ah, we're asking folks to fill this in because we have mental health evaluators here now and they want to understand our patients", the receptionist says.

"I see. Are these CSHP employees?"

"Well, no, they are now required here though......"

"Not employees? Government people?"

"I'm not really sure sir."

"Ok, thank you," I said and smiled at her, wished her a good afternoon and headed back to the area for my appoint me.

When I sat down I took the paper off the clip board and folded it and my co-payment receipt up, stuck them in my pocket and sat the clip board behind my chair against the wall out of sight, out of mind and forgot for the moment the incident.

A bit later a man, perhaps my age - 50-something, walks in with a clip board which has the same paper on it as mine. He reads over it and goes up to the receptionist in the waiting area (different from the other lady) and asks some hushed questions about the form. "Do I need to answer these? These are rather invasive questions and I don't think I should answer them!"

The lady tells him that they aren't to be used for anything in his records.

"Then why do they ask my name?"

"Oh, so we can properly file them away. It's not a problem sir, it won't take long to do this....."

"Ok."

he sits down muttering about "I don't think I should do these...." and proceeds to fill in the form.

I didn't say anything. I watched him fill in the questions. He didn't put a check mark on ANY of the zeros......I wonder if he used to own guns?

My data point is thus, I chose to ignore the question and not cause a stink. I did NOT fill out the paper. I refuse to answer those questions even to tell them "Never felt that way before". None of their business.

The Sheep will do what they are told, and be compliant. I was SHOCKED to see a man my age, who appeared to be a rather conservative looking guy tell them what they wanted to know. I was just as shocked at myself for not doing it
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Is America In A Pre-Revolutionary State This July 4th?

July 2, 2013

As we approach July 4, 2013, is America in a pre-revolutionary state? Are we headed for a Tahrir Square of our own with the attendant mammoth social turmoil, possibly even violence.

Could it happen here?

We are two-thirds of the way into the most incompetent presidency in our history. People everywhere are fed up. Even many of the so-called liberals who propelled Barack Obama into office have stopped defending him in the face of an unprecedented number of scandals coming at us one after the other like hideous monsters in some non-stop computer game.

And now looming is the monster of monsters, ObamaCare, the healthcare reform almost no one wanted and fewer understood.

It will be administered by the Internal Revenue Service, an organization that has been revealed to be a kind of post-modern American Gestapo, asking not just to examine our accounting books but the books we read. What could be more totalitarian than that?

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal warns the costs of ObamaCare are close to tripling what were promised, and the number of doctors in our country is rapidly diminishing. No more “My son, the doctor!” It doesn’t pay.

And young people most of all will not be able to afford escalating health insurance costs and will end up paying the fine to the IRS, simultaneously bankrupting the health system and enhancing the brutal power of the IRS — all this while unemployment numbers remain near historical highs.

No one knows how many have given up looking for work while crony capitalist friends of the administration enrich themselves on mythological clean-energy projects.

In fact, everywhere we look on this July Fourth sees a great civilization in decline. And much of that decline can be laid at the foot of the incumbent. Especially his own people, African Americans, have suffered. Their unemployment numbers are catastrophic, their real needs ignored while hustlers like Sharpton, Jackson, and, sadly, even the president fan the flames of non-existent racism.

Tahrir Square anyone?

Ironically, if our society enters a revolutionary phase, liberals will find themselves in the role of the Islamists, defending a shopworn and reactionary ideology on religious grounds, because it is only their faith that holds their ideas together at this point.

The facts of the American decline tell us otherwise. We don’t need the contempt of Vladimir Putin to remind us how bad things are and that the seeming result of the end of the Cold War is that American presidents are now mocked by the second coming of the KGB (not that it was ever gone).

We all know the famous Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times!

We certainly are, and I am of two minds about it. Like so many Americans, I have lived a comfortable, privileged life, vastly so compared to most of human history.

But I am filled with foreboding about what’s to come, indeed about what is already here. When I look at the masses swarming in Tahrir Square, I am at once repelled and attracted, repelled because, to be honest, I find their culture more than a bit crazy, but attracted because I know something is seriously wrong, not just in Egypt but in the USA.

Thanks

America stands on the edge of the Abyss.

Will the people step back or plunge into oblivion?
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Years ago I collected a few very old thick books that were akin to an entire encyclopedia set in a single book. They were about 5 inches thick each and covered all manner of topics, including in depth histories of our country from that times perspective. The year ranges are rough 1935 to 1943. In browsing these I found that back then we were a people with a truer understanding of what our founding meant and what the documents mean. It was a topic people even discussed before the TV.
    Last edited by Phil Fiord; July 4th, 2013 at 01:42. Reason: should have bought a vowel.

Thanks

It has been 150 years since Gettysberg. That is THEE of my lifetimes, Phil, and no one today cares any more.

237 years since the Revolution. I can't imagine people today understanding any more.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    I cannot believe how this is all sounding so familiar from a certain past story.
    LOL! I just got that. Titor.

Thanks

LOL. I really dislike comparing Titor to anything today, but the one main point was trading freedom for security. This was before 9-11 and the Patriot Act, though this has been a concern for longer than the Titor story, it has simply accelerated since 9-11 and gone exponential since Obama.

Thanks

Secession Movement Growing For 51st State. "North Colorado"

July 12, 2013

When Colorado approved draconian new gun laws earlier in the year, there was an initial level of blow back that was somewhat expected by lawmakers in the State Capitol. What has followed is probably something they didn't anticipate.

Recall petitions have been successfully filled, the vast majority of CO Sheriffs have filed a lawsuit and major manufactures are fleeing the state.

Now, 10 counties are in the process of attempting to secede and form their own state. North Colorado.

The first step is a ballot initiative but it will be a long road and many hurdles will have to be overcome at both the state and federal level.

The revenue generated from some of these counties is substantial and it's unlikely 'old' Colorado will want to see those resources and tax dollars leave. Several of the counties looking to leave account for upwards of 80% of all the revenue generated from oil and gas in the state.

There will be other issues as well, including those relating to water rights.

If nothing else, hopefully some better representation in the State Senate can occur, where residents are hoping to change from 35 Senators to 64. One for each of Colorado's counties.

Something has to change in Colorado and it should be a move towards liberty and freedom. I hope the good people of Colorado can mobilize and get their state back. Several other neighboring counties are also considering joining.

Thanks

States Seek To Nullify Obama Efforts

July 27, 2013

Infuriated by what they see as the long arm of Washington reaching into their business, states are increasingly telling the feds: Keep out!

Bills that would negate a variety of federal laws have popped up this year in the vast majority of states - with the amount of anti-federal legislation sharply on the rise during the Obama administration, according to experts.

The “nullification” trend in recent years has largely focused on three areas: gun control; health care; and national standards for driver’s licenses. It’s touched off fierce fights within the states, and between the states and the feds, as well as raising questions and court battles about whether any of it is legal.

In at least 37 states legislation has been introduced that in some way guts federal gun regulations, according to the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. The bills were signed into law this spring in two states, Kansas and Alaska, and in two more lawmakers hope to override a governor’s veto. Twenty states since 2010 have passed laws that either opt out of or challenge mandatory parts of Obamacare, the National Conference of State Legislatures says. And half the states have OK’d measures aimed knocking back the Real ID Act of 2005, which dictates Washington’s requirements for issuing driver’s licenses.

“Rosa Parks is the beacon of light: If you say no to something, you can change the world,” Michael Boldin, the Founder of the Tenth Amendment Center, which favors states’ rights, told POLITICO.

“Isn’t that what it’s supposed to be, ‘We, the people?’” he added. “Over the past few years you’ve seen this growing…People are getting sick and tired of federal power.”

In fact, the state-level anger at the nation’s capital has reached such a fever pitch that many of the bills do not even address specific federal laws, but rather amount to what is in effect “preemptive” nullification, wiping out, for instance, any federal law that may exist in the future that the states determine violates gun rights. The flurry of such efforts was spurred by fear on the part of states that in the wake of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., that Congress would pass restrictive gun control legislation.

Supporters of nullification say it’s the best tool they have to try to beat back an intrusive federal government that they say is more and more trampling on the rights of states.

But critics respond that the flood of legislation to override the feds is folly that won’t stand up in court and amounts to a transparent display of the political and personal distaste for President Barack Obama. And in some cases, the moves in the states has provoked an administration counter-offensive: Attorney General Eric Holder sent a letter to Kansas after it passed the “Second Amendment Protection Act” threatening legal action if necessary to enforce federal laws.

Even some conservatives - certainly no lovers of the Obama administration - warn that the states are going down the wrong path with nullification, distracted by a what lawmakers think is a silver-bullet solution, but that likely won’t stand up in the courts, when in fact there are much better (and legal) ways for the states to resist.

While most states have wrapped their legislative sessions for the year, the fight on these bills is taking only a brief pause. In Missouri, for example, lawmakers are preparing for a veto session in September, where supporters of a gun measure that would eviscerate any future congressional attempts to regulate gun ownership are planning to attempt to override the governor’s veto. The nullification battle has also spilled over into the courts, with more challenges and rulings expected during the year.

In Kansas, state Rep. John Rubin sponsored successful legislation that dictates that federal gun laws do not apply to firearms and accessories made in Kansas and that never leave its borders, and makes it a felony for any federal agent to enforce those laws within the state.

“The federal government doesn’t have the authority to do a lot of what it’s trying to do these days, from regulating guns within state borders, as my bill deals with, or telling us what kinds of light bulbs to put in our lamps,” Rubin said.

He noted a rise in the number nullification bills.

“I think we have the Obama administration to thank for that.” Rubin said. “The more federal overreach in Obamacare and elsewhere, the more [the administration] chooses to act in ways we believe are unconstitutional, the more we’re going to push back. I would encourage any state to assert to the strongest possible extent against the Obama administration, or any federal administration, rights clearly reserved to the states.”

The Republican lawmaker told POLITICO his bill is about states’ rights — not gun rights.

“The federal government doesn’t have the authority to do a lot of what it’s trying to do these days, from regulating guns within state borders, as my bill deals with, or telling us what kinds of light bulbs to put in our lamps,” Rubin said.

He noted a rise in the number nullification bills.

“We have the Obama administration to thank for that.” Rubin said. “The more federal overreach in Obamacare and elsewhere, the more [the administration] chooses to act in ways we believe are unconstitutional, the more we’re going to push back. I would encourage any state to assert to the strongest possible extent against the Obama administration, or any federal administration, rights clearly reserved to the states.”

But opponents of sweeping nullification measures paint them as misguided, often politically motivated and likely unconstitutional attempts to zero out reasonable and well-intended federal initiatives.

And that’s not just coming from the left. The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, argues that nullification is not the answer to states’ concerns.

“There are a rising number of people who are frustrated with what Washington is doing, which is a perfectly legitimate and, in my opinion, correct view of ‘how do we push back?’” Matthew Spalding, vice president of American Studies for Heritage, told POLITICO. “Unfortunately, there’s a minority in that group that thinks nullification is the answer, by which they mean good old-fashioned, South Carolina, John C. Calhoun nullification. That’s deeply mistaken and unfortunate.”

Spalding said states’ better options include legal challenges, not funding federal laws or even refusing to enforce them — but not overruling federal laws with state ones.

“Ironically, the people who say they are trying to defend the Constitution are doing something to undermine it,” he added. “This is sort of a Hail Mary pass. These are in most cases state legislators who are very frustrated. They’re figuring out how to stop these things, how to turn the course of the nation, in my opinion, for good reason, and they’re being told the Supreme Court just upheld [Obamacare]; this guy has been reelected; what can we do? And someone comes around and says, ‘Ah, you can nullify law.’”

Another nullification opponent, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said it’s prepared to fight the recent crop of state gun bills in the courts.

“They are outrageous,” said Brady Center legal director Jon Lowy. “It’s disturbing that there are [state] legislators who are so willing to violate the [U.S.] Constitution but also that they have so little concern for public safety. [Nullification measures] would greatly threaten public safety if they weren’t so patently unconstitutional, so we expect that courts will rather quickly wipe them off the books.”

Robert Levy, chairman of the libertarian Cato Institute, told POLITICO that the wave of nullification bids is the result of a “highly polarized” political atmosphere in the country.

“When you get that polarization, you’re going to get these sort of radical proposals,” he said. “So you’re seeing an increase in these sorts of things. A state, or a city, for that matter can refuse to enforce a federal law and even refuse to expend any money to help the feds enforce any law, but that doesn’t mean that they can stop the feds from enforcing their own laws.”

Looking ahead, the next skirmish over nullification will most likely be in the Midwest this fall. Missouri lawmakers are gearing up for a contentious September veto session with opponents of the state’s gun nullification bill hoping to keep it off the books and proponents saying they have enough votes to override the governor’s veto.

The bill’s sponsor, state Rep. Doug Funderburk, predicted a bipartisan override and said the law was needed to push back against the long arm of the federal government encroaching on Americans’ rights.

“It’s time for the states to assert their authority … as the parent in the relationship with the federal government, to take back that role,” Funderburk said.

On the other side, state Rep. Jill Schupp, a vocal opponent of the bill, said, “If we overturn the governor’s veto, I think what we’re saying is Missouri is its own sort of Wild West state. When extremists get involved and put forward legislation like this, it makes all of us come to a grinding halt in terms of reasoned discussion. To make a move that precludes us from having reasoned gun legislation and is an attempt to nullify federal law certainly makes us look like a laughingstock on this issue.”

Thanks

Will America break up?

I sure as hell HOPE SO.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

It sure as hell ain't working in its current mutation.

Thanks

Rural Coloradans To Vote On Breaking Away As 51st State, Angered By Liberal Policies On Guns, Energy

August 19, 2013

You’ve got North Carolina and North Dakota, so why not Northern Colorado?

Voters in several rural Colorado counties will be asked whether they want to form a new state tentatively named Northern Colorado in the November election, a reaction to the Democrat-controlled state legislature’s “war on rural Colorado.”

The Weld County Commissioners voted unanimously at Monday’s meeting to place a measure on the Nov. 5 ballot asking voters whether they want the county to join other rural counties in forming another state.

“The concerns of rural Coloradans have been ignored for years,” William Garcia, chairman of the Weld County Commissioners, said in a statement. “The last session was the straw that broke the camel’s back for many people. They want change. They want to be heard.”

Three other rural counties — Cheyenne, Sedgwick and Yuma — also plan to place the 51st state referendum on the fall ballot. At least three more counties plan to consider the proposal this week at their commission meetings, said Jeffrey Hare, spokesman for the 51st State Initiative.

Known for its agriculture and oil and gas production, Weld is the largest of the Colorado counties exploring a break with the state after the legislature’s sharp turn to the left with bills restricting access to firearms and doubling the state’s renewable-energy mandate for rural areas.

Democrats control both houses of the legislature and the governor’s office. Two Democratic state senators — Angela Giron and John Morse — are facing Sept. 10 recall elections in response to the legislature’s gun control votes.

Forming a state isn’t easy: Even if the ballot measures pass, the Colorado state legislature would be required to amend the constitution to configure the state’s borders and refer a request for a new state to Congress.

Approving a 51st state would require a majority vote of both houses of Congress, although the Constitution doesn’t require the signature of the president, Mr. Hare said.

“Again, folks say this can never happen. However, we are starting to hear from disenfranchised groups all over the country,” said a post on the 51st State Initiative’s website. “We are truly a divided nation. It is possible, if not likely, that we may not be the only group requesting from Congress the formation of a new state.”

This isn’t the first time disgruntled residents have explored the option of a state split. In the past few decades, movements have sprung up in favor of carving California and Washington into two states.

New York has had a host of proposals aimed at peeling off jurisdictions, including New York City, upstate New York and western New York. The most recent effort was in 2008, when the Suffolk County comptroller proposed splitting off Long Island.

Since the boundaries of the newly independent Colonies were finalized in the 1790s, two states have gained that status by breaking off from extant states. Maine was part of Massachusetts until 1820, and West Virginia seceded from Virginia during the Civil War.

Given the complexities involved with creating a state, Mr. Hare said, the Northern Colorado movement is considering two other options: asking Wyoming to annex Colorado’s northern counties or requesting that the state legislature redraw its Senate districts to give a senator to each of the state’s 64 counties, analogous to how the U.S. apportions seats by state, regardless of their populations.

Colorado now has 35 senators in districts drawn by population, giving the state’s urban areas far greater sway in the state legislature.

“People are looking for hope because they feel like the government is out of control,” said Mr. Hare. “They feel kind of hopeless.”

Weld County Commissioner Sean Conway called Monday’s vote “a very positive move forward” that “gives us a chance to address our grievances from the last legislative session.”

The Greeley Tribune came out against the statehood movement in an Aug. 7 editorial, “Time to drop 51st state idea.”

“While we understand and agree with the message commissioners are trying to send to Denver — rural counties feel disenfranchised — we think Weld residents would be better served if commissioners drop the 51st state idea and focus on engaging the state’s political leaders in a constructive dialogue that addresses their issues,” the editorial said.

Thanks

They announced it would be on the state ballot in a few weeks (November or might be September, I forget). We also have the special recall election for Giron and Morris - and the Left is up in fucking arms about "wasting money on a special election, JUST BECAUSE the reps 'didn't' vote like the people wanted them too".

LOL

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Take em down and break em up!!

Freaking California liberals in Colorado.

Thanks

Reps are supposed to represent. If all the Representatives did represent their local interests as each areas populace wants to be heard, then Congress would be more wildly debating overall but it would be aligned with the actual intent of the job. I like my current Rep, but not my current Senator.

Thanks

Sorry to say this Phil, even the ones you like need to go.

Fire them all.

We MUST get out of the mindset that we "like" the "local guy". This is why Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the traitors are still in power.

Thanks

I dunno. If a House Rep is actually representing their own slice of a states people with their actual wants, they are doing right by their constituents. What has to go is special interests and backroom deals.

Thread Information