Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Will America Break Up?

Thanks

Default Re: Will America Break Up?

Phil, both the people being recalled took money from New York, from Bloomberg to get in office. They ran on other platforms then they went after the guns and because they were the people who tipped the legislature over to Liberal, they took our guns away.

They are NOT representing a majority of anyone. There is a small, vocal and obnoxious anti-gun crusade here in the state. The majority of this state wants their guns. There was no vote put to the people. These laws were put in place by these two people and some in the legislature. They were two most vocal and public figures.

Today almost a million dollars have been given to THEM from Mayor Bloomdickhead for fighting the recall.

The NRA and GOA have given roughly 150,000 dollars to the side trying to kick these fuckers out.

Now, tell me... when two people are the driving force for taking YOUR rights (along with millions of others) - who are they representing?

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

In my state Rob Bell is a true representative and is currently mine. I have personally written to and received replies from him. I have a picture of him and his family on my desk in fact.

Ken Cuccinelli is running an honest campaign against Terry McAulife. Terry has million from outside groups and superpacs. Ken, not so much. This is the gov race.

Thanks

Sorry Phil. I don't agree. NONE of them represent us any more. They all have to go. Period. We start over.

Everyone argued with me a few years back about this, about "Fire them All!" and you know what? We still have the same stupid fucks in office. They ALL HAVE TO GO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Sorry Phil. I don't agree. NONE of them represent us any more. They all have to go. Period. We start over.

Everyone argued with me a few years back about this, about "Fire them All!" and you know what? We still have the same stupid fucks in office. They ALL HAVE TO GO.
    Seems to me that Congressional and Senatorial term limits, combined with a repeal of the 17th Amendment that created popular election of Senators, would go a long way towards recreating genuine Republican (and I don't mean GOP) and Constitutional rule in this Country.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Northern California County Board Votes For Secession From State

September 4, 2013

A far Northern California county where residents have complained they lack representation at the state capitol wants to separate from California.

The Record Searchlight of Redding reports (http://bit.ly/1cFTqUG) that the Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 on Tuesday in favor of a declaration for secession.

According to the newspaper, residents of the majority Republican county lobbied the board in August to consider secession. In addition to a lack of representation in Sacramento, they cited concerns about water rights and a rural fire prevention fee approved by the legislature.

Supporters want other rural counties in Northern California and Southern Oregon to join them in the creation of a new state.

But splitting from California would not be easy. Siskiyou County would have to gain the approval of the state legislature and U.S. Congress.

Thanks

huh... North Colorado and now North California.

makes sense

Thanks

Collapse of American Influence Recalls Dis-Integration of Soviet Union, Fall of France

September 7, 2013

Not since the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991, and prior to that the fall of France in 1940, has there been so swift an erosion of the world influence of a Great Power as we are witnessing with the United States.

The Soviet Union crumbled jurisdictionally: In 1990-1991, one country became the 16 formerly constituent republics of that country, and except perhaps for Belarus, none of them show much disposition to return to the Russian fold into which they had been gathered, almost always by brute force, over the previous 300 years.

The cataclysmic decline of France, of course, was the result of being overrun by Nazi Germany in 1940. And while it took until the return of de Gaulle in 1958 and the establishment of the Fifth Republic with durable governments and a serious currency, and the end of the Algerian War in 1962, and the addition of some other cubits to France’s stature, the largest step in its resurrection was accomplished by the Allied armies sweeping the Germans out of France in 1944.

What we are witnessing now in the United States, by contrast, is just the backwash of inept policy-making in Washington, and nothing that could not eventually be put right. But for this administration to redeem its credibility now would require a change of direction and method so radical it would be the national equivalent of the comeback of Lazarus: a miraculous revolution in the condition of an individual (President Obama), and a comparable metamorphosis (or a comprehensive replacement) of the astonishingly implausible claque around him.

Until recently, it would have been unimaginable to conceive of John Kerry as the strongman of the National Security Council. This is the man who attended political catechism classes from the North Vietnamese to memorize and repeat their accusations against his country of war crimes in Indochina, and, inter alia, ran for president in 2004 asserting that while he had voted to invade Iraq in 2003, he was not implicated in that decision because he did not vote to fund the invasion once underway. (Perhaps Thomas E. Dewey would have been an upset presidential winner in 1944 if he had proclaimed his support for the D-Day landings but advocated an immediate cut-off of funds for General Eisenhower’s armies of liberation.)

As has been touched upon here before, the desire to avoid America in another foreign conflict is understandable. But if that is the policy, the president of the United States should not state that presidents of countries in upheaval (e.g., Bashar Assad) “must go,” should not draw “red lines” and ignore them, should not devise plans to punish rogue leaders but not actually damage their war-making ability, should not promise action and send forces to carry out the action, and then have, in current parlance, a public “conversation” with himself about whether to do anything, and should not thereby abdicate his great office in all respects except the salary and perquisites.

A Senate committee has voted President Obama the authority to attack Syria. But he is the commander-in-chief. He has that authority already, and what he is doing is implicitly making the exercise of that power dependent on Congressional approval. How does that square with the presidential oath, which requires of the inductee that he “faithfully execute the office” and that he “preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution”?

President Truman famously said, “The buck stops here,” and he was right. The American public despises Congress, with good reason. Most of the members are venal, politically cowardly, and incompetent; the idea of those 535 log-rolling gas-bags sharing the command of the United States armed forces does not bear thinking about.

And if the United States is effectively blasé about countries using chemical weapons on their people, as it apparently is about the formerly “unacceptable” development of nuclear weapons by Iran, this depressing news should be imparted to the world explicitly by the administration and not left to be surmised from the waffling of the Congress.

What is more worrisome than the fact that the United States has an inadequate president, is that the public still accords the incumbent a significant degree of support. If the American people, who have responded to intelligent leadership so often within living memory, has become so morally obtuse that it buys into this flimflam, the problem is more profound than I imagined.

What American will need in 2016 is a new president who enunciates a clear policy: foreign intervention only to prevent genocide, to avenge extreme provocations, or to preserve world peace, and in accord with constitutional and international law. That policy would have cut post-Korea war-making to evicting Saddam from Kuwait, the Taliban from Afghanistan, modestly assisting the opponents of Gaddafi and Assad, (as leaders who had monstrously provoked the West), and would have spared everyone the chimerical extravagance of nation-building in hopeless places. Vietnam and the second Iraq War would have been sidestepped altogether.

The Americans show no sign of wanting their country to be regarded as absurd in the world, and they are so America-centric, and so suffused with the heroic mythos of America, that they seem unable to grasp the possibility that it is.

There is a contagion that makes the condition less startling: The United Kingdom suddenly has begun to appear ridiculous, too. The British replaced leaders who did not conduct wars effectively, during the Seven Years’, American Revolutionary, Napoleonic, Crimean, and both World Wars. But never in their history until last week have they had a prime minister who summoned Parliament to seek authority to make war and then was denied that authority. The Grand Alliance of Churchill and Roosevelt, the Special Relationship of Thatcher and Reagan, is reduced to slap-stick, farce.

The country that could pick up the slack and lead is Germany, but it is psychologically incapable. A third of its voters are communists, eco-extremists or cyber-nihilists calling themselves “pirates.” They are still in attrition-therapy over the after-effects of Nazi and communist rule. And the European power that can’t take the lead, because it is almost bankrupt, over-centralized, suffocating in pettifogging regulations and governed by idiots, is France (though it yet has the superb, often misplaced, feline confidence of a Great Power, and admittedly has been magnificent on Libya, Mali and Syria).

Canada could play a role — but first it must acquire an aircraft carrier and the other equipment necessary to project power. For starters, we should buy one of these splendid aircraft carriers the United States is retiring because of the gridlock-fed deficit and the idiocy of sequestration, rename it H.M.C.S. Canada, recruit the 6,000 people necessary for the crew and partner with other countries in the aviation industry that can help provide it with the aircraft it would carry, and show the aid and defense flag in the world. Nearly 70 years ago, recall, we had two — admittedly much smaller — aircraft carriers despite having a population of just 11.5-million. At the least we could get a helicopter carrier.

The United States is a hard-working, patriotic country with a talented work force and a political system that can generate policy and govern and lead effectively. Unless the environmentalist extremists who predicted that by now Manhattan would be underwater, the average temperature in Toronto in February would be 20 centigrade, and that we would all be gasping for oxygen, find richer electoral sugar daddies than the oil industry and get political control of that country (almost impossible), the United States will be self-sufficient in energy in a few years.

This will end the suicidal U.S. balance-of-payments deficit, cut the worst terrorist-supporting, oil-producing regimes in the world off at the ankles financially, and drastically reduce the federal government budget deficit.

Thanks

I have always thought this. Republican or Democrat they're all the same. They want their share of pork and they want the populace cowed into not being angry about it. But only a revolution would accomplish what you're suggesting and I'm not sure weakening our nation at this point is the best way to go. A second civil war or revolution would be the lit fuse that starts WWIII because China or Russia would make their move during that weakened state. On the other hand I sometimes wonder if maybe it's time for the world to reboot as it were.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I think a reboot is in order at this point.

Thanks

I think a reboot is in order at this point.
    Where is today's Abraham Lincoln, who has a clear vision, dedication to saving the United States, and moral and rational clarity and leadership, the fortitude, to lead this badly divided country back to health?

What would Abraham Lincoln do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thorongil2012 View Post
    Where is today's Abraham Lincoln, who has a clear vision, dedication to saving the United States, and moral and rational clarity and leadership, the fortitude, to lead this badly divided country back to health?

What would Abraham Lincoln do?
    Even Rome fell. This new generation of kids I'm seeing are very eager to trade their privacy for the chance to farm corn on Facebook; I doubt that will translate into anything worthwhile. I don't foresee an Abraham Lincoln. I do however see a possibility for a string of choices like Obama. This generation will have to learn the hardest way possible. I wish it weren't so, but nothing I'm seeing is pointing in any other direction.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    Even Rome fell. This new generation of kids I'm seeing are very eager to trade their privacy for the chance to farm corn on Facebook; I doubt that will translate into anything worthwhile. I don't foresee an Abraham Lincoln. I do however see a possibility for a string of choices like Obama. This generation will have to learn the hardest way possible. I wish it weren't so, but nothing I'm seeing is pointing in any other direction.
    I understand and fully respect your opinion in this matter, and am even inclined to agree, given that we are becoming a nation of degenerate morons. But consider the moral cretinism and extremist rhetoric tearing America apart in the 1850's, culminating in half the states in the USA refusing in essence to respect the election of Abraham Lincoln as President, at a time when cooler heads in the Slavery party like Alexander Stephens were urging restraint and remaining in the Union to counter Lincoln. We had a traitor James Buchanan as President, and it looked like Lincoln wouldn't even have a Federal Government or Military under his command for a time....

I guess the point of my rambling post is that the Great Men of history come out of dark times, ill-considered in better times, they seem to appear by Divine Providence to be the right person at the right time for the terrible work that awaits them. Can you imagine Al Gore instead of George Bush as President on 9-11? Yet few had much consideration for Bush before then, and his legacy is hotly debated even today.

We'll get our next Lincoln, God help us if we fail to recognize or support him when his time comes to lead us out of our inevitable mess we've made, in the crucible of war. I'll end this post with a quote from Abraham Lincoln;

"I will prepare and some day my chance will come. "

Abraham Lincoln

And

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world." Abraham Lincoln

Yet he also had this to say, which may be a comfort;

"Human nature will not change. In any future great national trial, compared with the men of this, we shall have as weak and as strong, as silly and as wise, as bad and as good." Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Avvakum; September 15th, 2013 at 23:10.

Thanks

Interesting. I think most of you aren't old enough (except me and Luke maybe, lol - oh and Brian Balwin, cuz he's pretty damned old) the 1970s trucker's strike.

Well, let us re-visit the 1970s in modern times....

Why Are Truckers Threatening to ‘Shut Down Washington, D.C.’ for Three Days Straight?

Leave a Comment Posted by angelforisrael on September 18, 2013

Sep. 18, 2013 12:12am | By Jason Howerton

A group of truckers is reportedly planning to shut Washington, D.C. down for three days straight starting on Oct. 11 to protest the “corruption against the Constitution.”
    The “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page has more than 16,000 likes, though it is unclear how many truckers actually intend on taking part in the disruptive protest.

“The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!” the group’s description reads.

In a YouTube video uploaded by user “Kevin Allan” and linked on the “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page, the event is labeled as a general “strike” by the American people against the federal government and its “bulls**t.”

The narrator in the video says he has received word from others that “truckers are organizing and are going to shut down D.C.” Watch the video below (Warning: Some strong language):

It is too early to tell if the “strike” will be successful, but “shutting down” the nation’s capitol would certainly have a huge impact whether you agree or disagree with the tactic.

The Facebook page provides some additional information on the motive behind the action, which ranges from Obamacare to the IRS scandal to Benghazi:
    My fellow patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion [sic] a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions.

It does not matter if a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We the People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner [sic] put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.
    From The Blaze | http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...days-straight/

Thanks

Of course most truckers are Teamsters - a Union. And in general they strike to get something for themselves, not fight for the Constitution. So - one wonders what this is truly about.

Link with video: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...days-straight/

Thanks

The Facebook page provides some additional information on the motive behind the action, which ranges from Obamacare to the IRS scandal to Benghazi:
    My fellow patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion [sic] a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions.

It does not matter if a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We the People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner [sic] put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

Thanks

I actually do remember the the Trucker's Strike, (even though I'm sooo much younger than Rick is). I recall one night on the news some Trucker shooting a scab with a high powered rifle from an overpass. That seemed to define Unions thoroughly for me.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    I actually do remember the the Trucker's Strike, (even though I'm sooo much younger than Rick is). I recall one night on the news some Trucker shooting a scab with a high powered rifle from an overpass. That seemed to define Unions thoroughly for me.
    I worked with my father in the old days during the summer as a "helper" (so I'm not THAT much older than Brian). He was a teamster. I remember the big fight between Caesar Chavez' group (the farm workers) and the Teamsters. I had bricks thrown at me.

Thanks

by wkchild

We Are 90 Days Away from the Total Loss of US Sovereignty

by Dave Hodges, The Common Sense Show:
    As America races toward her date with destiny, there is yet another “fundamentally transforming” event coming her way and that event is known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).

Many of us in the alternative media believe that some of the effects of the TPP will be felt before the coming war and martial law crackdown. However, after careful analysis, I am convinced that the brunt of the TPP will be felt after the America we know has been totally taken over in a post-war and post-economic collapse scenario. At the end of the day, it does not matter when the implementation of the TPP comes, because when it does, America will no longer be recognizable to anyone who has grown up in this once great country

“We Are Five Days Away From Fundamentally Transforming America”
    Many accuse the current President of being one of the most prolific liars to ever occupy the Oval office, and he is. However, with regard to his campaign promise to transform American, made five days prior to the ignorant sheep of this country electing him to the highest office in the land, he was telling the truth and we are now seeing evidence of this promise on several fronts. However, with regard to the TPP, his promise of transformative change could not be more accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oKxDdxzX0kI

The Implementation of the TPP Is Progressing By Stealth
    Some of you are reading these words have no idea what the Trans-Pacific Partnership consists of. Some of you have never heard of it. Some of you have heard or read the term, but fail to realize the extreme danger that the implementation of this so-called trade agreement will mean to America and our way of life. A scant few are coming to realize just how dangerous the TPP truly is. For the record, the TPP is masquerading as a free trade agreement involving the US, Australia, Japan, Canada,Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Chile, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru and Singapore.

With regard to the TPP, ignorance of the organization is understandable. We in the alternative media have not fulfilled our duty to fully explore the ramifications of the TPP because so little is publicly known.Obama has taken full advantage of the cloudy environment and is preparing to even bypass the constitutionally required approval of the Congress before implementing the TPP through a process called “fast-tracking.”

Obama Is Effectively Attempting to Bypass Congressional Approval
    President Obama is indeed seeking Fast Track Trade Promotion Authority for the TPP as he is feverishly attempting to get the deal done by the end of the year. If Obama does manage to sign the agreement without Congressional approval, this would effectively neuter Congress in the final approval process. Under such an agreement, this would permit Obama to sign the trade agreement “without Congressional approval.”

Conclusion
    Even “they” don’t want the TPP.
    Obama’s fast tracking of the TPP is designed to be completed by the end of the year which would coincide with the commencement of many of Obama’s health care reforms.
    I wish I could accurately state that the loss of sovereignty is the only threat that the TPP poses to the American people. However, to say so, would constitute a grossly inaccurate statement. Under the TPP, the alternative media will be destroyed, guns will be confiscated and the face of American employment will be forever changed in ways that you will not believe. If anything, this article has understated the threat posed to America by the TPP. The TPP is not a free trade agreement, it is a document which introduces a new era into American government. If the TPP passes, we will be living in an absolute corporate dictatorship.

These topics and more will be the subject of a follow up article to be published here later this week.
    Finally, the government “officially” shut down tonight. I say let the government stay shut down. If my neighbor does not get her social security check, I will help feed her. We all need to reach out to those in need and help those who are impacted by this latest criminal action by our government. There is, however, a silver lining in a government shutdown. So long as the government is not officially operating, the TPP cannot be passed and while the government is shut down, perhaps this will give the people an opportunity to form a new government to take the place of the criminal government which has been hijacked by the central banksters who are bringing us the TPP.
    Read Full Article @ TheCommonSenseShow.com

Thanks

Modoc County Joins Siskiyou In State Of Jefferson Bid For Secession (California)

September 24, 2013

The Modoc County Board of Supervisors today voted to join neighboring Siskiyou County in its bid to secede from the State of California.

Board Chairman Geri Byrne said a measure to join the push to form a State of Jefferson was approved by a vote of 4-0, with one supervisor absent.

“I put the measure on the agenda because I heard from a number of people in my district that wanted to do such,” Byrne said. “We’re not saying we’re seceding today, we’re saying let’s look into it.”

Roughly 40 people turned out for the board meeting, Byrne said a standing-room only crowd in the Modoc County chambers. About a dozen spoke in favor of the measure with only two raising objections.

“This is going to have to be something the people bring forward,” Byrne said. “It’s going to have to be from the bottom up, not from the top down.”

The move makes Modoc the second county to join in the fight to form the State of Jefferson in less than a month. Siskiyou County passed a measure to start the secession process at the supervisor’s Sept. 3 meeting.

Mark Baird, a spokesperson for the Jefferson Declaration Committee, said the group hopes to have a dozen counties commit their support before asking California legislators to allow the formation of the new state.

“California is essentially ungovernable in its present size,” Baird said. “We lack the representation to address the problems that affect the North State.”

“We’re looking for 12 counties, though we can certainly do it with less,” he said.

If all goes according to plan, Baird said the new state’s economy could be 15 percent larger than that of New Mexico.

Still, most of the more populated counties in Northern California have yet to lend their support, though a number are considering it, including Shasta County and Redding, the most populous city north of Sacramento.

Siskiyou County has a population of just over 44,100, while Modoc has about 9,300 residents, according to the most recent U.S. Census data.

Supervisors in Butte County, the most populated municipality to consider joining the movement, have scheduled a vote for Oct. 22.

The Redding City Council has yet to set a date for a discussion on the topic, which is being sought by Vice Mayor Patrick Jones.

Jones has said action by the city would send a strong message against Sacramento politics. He has said the area gets no representation from the State Capitol.

He noted at the time that Lassen County was considering a vote on withdrawing from the state.

Residents, many who live in rural setting, no longer feel as if California is their state, and they identify little with the central and southern part of the state, he said.

"When they’re that diverse, (the state) should split,” Jones said. “At this point, I don’t care how the state is split as long as they cut me off from Sacramento and beyond.”

Thanks

“Republic Of New Afrika” Arrives In Jackson, Mississippi

September 24, 2013

Mississippi is still burning. Not in the way the New York Times would have you believe, stuck in 1962 with lynchings of innocent blacks imminent at any given moment. Instead, while no one was looking, the capital city of Jackson has quietly become America's Harare.

Just as Africa's breadbasket, Rhodesia, had the name of its capital changed from Salisbury to Harare and became Africa's basketcase, Zimbabwe, racial democracy has spoken in 86% black Jackson. Racial socialist Chokwe Lumumba, the Nation of Islam's new favorite elected official,carried a not coincidental 87 percent of the Mayoralty vote on June 4. The almost entirely black electorate embraced his disturbingly familiar slogan of “One City. One Aim. One Destiny.”

Symbolically, Jackson International Airport has now been changed to Jackson-Evers International Airport in 2004. But this is only the first step of Jackson's transformation. One can only speculate when Mayor Lumumba will rename the city in honor of Medgar Evers instead of the racist white American Andrew Jackson.

This transformation is taking place because, when all is said and done, “demography is destiny.” Because of remarkably swift white flight from Jackson, there was nothing to prevent the black majority from electing a man who thinks Africans visited North America centuries before Columbus. [Lumumba challenges history regarding Christopher Columbus: Presumptive next mayor says Africans visited Americas before Italian explorer, By Dustin Barnes, Clarion-Ledger, May 24, 2013.]

More importantly, just as revanchist Mexicans trumpet “Aztlan” in the American Southwest, Mayor Lumumba has his own vision of a black ethnostate. He once served as “Vice President” of the black “Republic of New Africa,” which claimed five states of the American South. Lumumba sees Jackson as the focal point of what he calls the “Kush District,” a “solid, non-self governing territory” with a black majority that can serve as a base for a new direction “of self-determination, of self-governance, self-economic development.” [Chokwe Lumumba: New mayor, new era for Jackson, Mississippi ? By Askia Muhammad, The Final Call, August 19, 2013.]

It's not like Mayor Lumumba is concealing his aims. Even his inauguration resembled the revolutionary destruction of a colonial regime instead a mayoral election in a nominally First World country.

On July 1, Chokwe Lumumba, an attorney with a long record of black radical activism, took office as mayor of Jackson. His inauguration took place in the gleaming convention center that sprang up four years ago in the state capital’s mostly deserted downtown.

A crowd of 2,500 packed the hall. The city councilors and other dignitaries, most of them African-American — Jackson, a city of 177,000, is 80 percent black — sat on the dais. The local congressman, Bennie Thompson, officiated. The outgoing mayor, Harvey Johnson, the city's first black mayor, wished his successor well. The Mississippi Mass Choir gave a jubilant performance of “When I Rose This Morning.”

Finally, Lumumba, 66, approached the podium, pulling the microphone up to suit his tall, lean frame. “Well,” he said, “I want to say, God is good, all the time.”

The crowd replied. “God is good, all the time!”

“I want to say hey! And hello!”

The crowd called back, “Hey! Hello!”

Then Lumumba smiled and raised his right hand halfway, just a little above the podium, briefly showing the clenched fist of a Black Power salute.

“And I want to say, free the land!”

Applause rang out, bells chimed, wooden staffs rose up and people shouted back, “Free the land!” That’s the motto of the Republic of New Afrika (RNA), the movement formed in 1968 that sought to turn the states of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina into an independent black nation.

[In Mississippi, America's most revolutionary mayor: Mayor Chokwe Lumumba is applying a philosophy against imperialism to the practice of repairing streets', by Siddhartha Mitter, Al-Jazeera America, September 19, 2013]

“Free the land” from who?

From whites of course.

In an interview with the Black Nationalist newspaper the San Francisco Bay View, Lumumba made clear his agenda is the racial redistribution of wealth.

Chokwe Lumumba: First of all we’ve got to stop giving all the contracts to nobody except white business. Right now we’ve got 85 percent of the population of Jackson is Black, as I mentioned before, yet 85 percent of the business participation and income is white.

So what do we need to do? Well, we have to take a close look at who we’re giving contracts to, and we have to give them to somebody other than just white corporations, as that opportunity avails itself. We have to make sure that whatever corporations get these jobs, they employ the people in the city, rather than employing a whole bunch of people from out of the city. We have to make sure that whoever gets contracts from us agrees to do joint ventures or subcontracting and various things with other companies who can be developed to do those jobs in the future if they weren’t capable of doing them on their own in the present. So there’s a lot of different things going on toward the objective of developing a democratic economy...

I think we have to tighten up on that. I think that our compliance with some of our objectives is not as good as it should be, and even our objectives have been wanting in the past. At one point, the EBO (equal business opportunity) requirement or EBO expectation or goal was only 8 percent, which means that 8 percent of the contractors and things that do business with the city had to be Black, or not had to be Black, but that was the goal. That was woefully inadequate, and so we’re definitely planning on changing that.

Jackson, Mississippi, Mayor-elect Chokwe Lumumba on economic democracy, by Ann Garrison, San Francisco Bay View, June 20, 2013

The embrace of “Black Power” is a change for a city that only eight years ago elected black businessman Frank Melton as Mayor. His slogan was far different than Mayor Lumumba's – “running the thugs out of town.”

Wearing a police jacket and badge, carrying two guns, and leading sledgehammer-wielding black youth (for which he was indicted on Civil Rights charges) on raids of crack houses, Mayor Melton was a true champion of urban renewal.(Nothing in the story Mississippi Mayor Is Indicted on Civil Rights Charges, By Shaila Dewan, NYT, July 11, 2008, says that Mayor Melton was black.)

In June of 2006, Melton declared a 30-day emergency on crime in the city (complete with curfew) and actually petitioned then-Governor Haley Barbour to send the National Guard to patrol the city.

For these efforts, Melton was attacked by the usual suspects. The New York Times denounced him—an obvious indicator he was doing something right:

But Mr. Melton’s vigilantism has raised concerns from critics, including the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, that he is bypassing due-process rights and engaging in racial profiling by focusing on black neighborhoods. (The mayor, like 77 percent of Jackson, is black.)

Crime-Fighting Mayor Finds Himself Embroiled in Charges, New York Times, September 21, 2006

Unlike a respectable member of Conservatism Inc., Melton fought back:

Officials with the American Civil Liberties Union lashed out against Jackson Mayor Frank Melton in a news conference this morning in front of City Hall, accusing the first-term mayor of racial profiling and trampling civil rights in his quest to rid the city of crime.

"We have 26 people that have been killed in Jackson this year. We have 300,000 people killed across America each year. The majority of them are African-American and it's time to do something different," Melton said. "I want to know what the ACLU wants to do besides criticize." ACLU criticizes Jackson mayor, by Chris Joyner,ClarionLedger.com, August 1, 2006
    Always eager to savage easy targets, Reason magazine joined in and called Mayor Melton the “worst mayor in America” in 2006. Under constant attack, Melton eventually became a pariah for actually trying to end black-on-black violence. Losing a runoff in 2009, he died suddenly on Election night.

What about the Republicans in Jackson? One has tried to duplicate Melton's approach by targeting crime. Interestingly, black Republican George Lambus compared the lawlessness in black politically-controlled Jackson to that of post-Apartheid South Africa:

“Look at recent history, like in South Africa, when apartheid was abolished,” Lambus said in a recent interview with The Associated Press. “Blacks went on a crime spree. Other blacks got tired of it … and they formed vigilantes and they killed people. It brought the crime down.”

His pistol nearby as he peered out a window at his decaying Jackson neighborhood, Lambus added: “When you cut your yard, carry a gun. When you go to church, carry a gun. When you go to school, carry a gun.”

Lambus also asserts that executions are the only way to control crime, adding “If we look at the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, it’s driven with blood.” [Black candidate wants to solve crime with “noose,” Washington Times, March 20, 2009]

Needless to say, Mr. Lambus was denounced by the Mississippi Republican Party as not representing its “values.”

Fighting crime isn't what black voters want to hear. For them, rather than a cautionary tale, contemporary South Africa is a model of liberation. Why would the African experience scare a constituency dreaming of a “Republic of New Africa” in the heart of the Southland?

As for Reason magazine, while attempts to control crime bring condemnation, the seizure of power by an ethnocentric, collectivist, racial socialist brings only silence. After all—fighting for “liberty” means, above all, not getting in trouble.

While libertarians avert their eyes and Conservatism Inc. sleeps, America's Third World future has already arrived in Jackson. Just like Zimbabwe after Ian Smith's fall, the “new America” is far removed from a post-racial democratic utopia.

The United States today looks less like the Republic of our Founding Fathers—and increasingly like a Republic of New Africa.

Where will this leave whites—the group formerly known as “Americans”?

Thread Information