Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Will America Break Up?

Thanks

Default Re: Will America Break Up?

Well, I don't have a very good prediction record... but I'll wait until I see it to believe it.

Though, I do admit Fox DOES cover things no one else does.... but you know they are liars, so sez the Leftists
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a big think about Fox last night in relation to the petitions and also thought about the petitions and them being on the WH site.

First Fox. While they are probably the most right in the news spectrum of the US, they are not right leaning. They will air endless coverage of some things they should cover by all means, but neglect other things that are also important. What I feel is a clue is Glenn Beck. Not so long after he exposed Soros as a Puppet Master, he chose to leave Fox. Seems there is a subtext to that. I do not think Fox will go to 'fringe' topics, even if real and relevant.

The petitions. Now any signer has left record of support with IP and name. With an executive branch as corrupt as this one, it makes me leery.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't catch the report. I had to leave before it aired. Anyone see what they said?

Thanks

I didn't see anything about it on Fox (If it was yesterday though, I didn't have access to the channel).

And this is a reason I would not sign it unless it were a real, and viable, on-going document that had the teeth of state law to it Phil.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I asked one who monitors Fox and CNN regularly if either aired the petition story yesterday. They said they did not catch the whole day but saw no mention of it. I asked how they knew of it and they said Twitter. Texas, they said, got over 25k signatures. In time this may get some feet and run in news cycles, but probably not until it gets a real swell of support. Still, it seems with 20 or so states petitioning, including New York now, it should have feet.

Thanks

twenty states now? Wow.

When the "legs" start walking and not just talking.... then there might be something to this.

But it will be buried by the media, you know it will.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

The media, including Fox, will avoid this topic and try and let it go away. If it gains momentum, Fox will 'break' it. If it gains attention, they will push it and other outlets may run with it. The main reason I cannot see this being a welcome story is we as a country are at a very tough point with division. All that has to happen is some catalyst and small to medium situations may occur. To air a catalyst report makes them responsible or irresponsible as the later analysis would say.

Recent example. When Sandy took out NY, NJ and CT, the news outlets concentrated on all manner of subjects related, but very little came out about looting. That showed up and went away though it continued. Reports I read from people of shootings in the projects were not reported. Gangs of people roaming at night and causing mayhem. It took over week to hear about the 60+ retirees in high rises that were not evacuated. I still have not much heard more on that though with no electricity, elevator or food/water, there was suspect to be dead there. There was a report on elderly found in homes cause of death drowning, but not these high rises.

Thanks

Petition For Texas Secession Hits White House Response Mark

November 12, 2012

Less than a week after President Obama's reelection, an online petition calling for Texas to secede from the Union has gained enough signatures to prompt a response from the White House.

The petition is posted on "We the People," the White House's website for petitions. The White House has pledged to provide a formal response to all petitions that receive more than 25,000 signatures within 30 days.

The Texas secession petition was posted on Nov. 9 and already has more than 27,000 signatures.

People have posted similar petitions for dozens of other states to secede, but the Texas petition was the first to cross the threshold. Republican Mitt Romney won Texas with 57 percent of the vote.

The petition does not explicitly cite President Obama's reelection as a reason to secede, but claims the nation continues to suffer because of the "federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending."

The petition claims that American citizens are suffering "blatant abuses of their rights," pointing to the Transportation Security Administration and the National Defense Authorization Act, which allows for indefinite detention of terror suspects.

The petition cites Texas's large economy and claims that it would be "practically feasible" for the state to secede.

The writers argue that leaving the United States would protect Texans "standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) made headlines last year for past comments suggesting he would consider withdrawing from the United States.

“When we came into the nation in 1845, we were a republic, we were a stand-alone nation,” Perry said in 2009. “And one of the deals was, we can leave anytime we want. So we’re kind of thinking about that again.”

Perry later clarified that he does not support secession.

Thanks

Texas Petition to Secede Reaches Threshold for Obama Comment

November 12, 2012

A petition for Texas to secede from the union, submitted to the White House, reached the number of signatures needed to draw comment from the Obama administration today.

The petition appeared on a section of the White House website called "We the People" that invites users with a U.S. zip code to submit or sign petitions about policy changes they would like to see. A petition must reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days for the administration to comment on it.

The petition to "Peacefully grant the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government," was submitted on Friday of last week. Just three days later, it zoomed past the 25,000 mark at 3:22 p.m. today and kept going.

In order to sign a petition, users must register with the site using a valid email address and entering their zip code. The site's terms of participation indicates it has mechanisms in place to block spam, but it does not say anything about verifying zip codes or state residency.

Many signatures on the petition came from Texas, but some also claimed to be from other states, including Flagstaff, Ariz., Pinebluff, Ark., and Rio Rancho, N.M. Some did not publicly list their residency.

At least 17 other states have similar petitions to the Texas secession request on the We the People forum including New Jersey, New York, Montana, Colorado, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, North Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Oregon and Michigan. The closest behind Texas was Louisiana with 15,617 signatures.

In 2009, Texas Gov. Rick Perry hinted that anti-Washington sentiment could lead residents of his state to seek independence from the union.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

At time of publishing, Perry's office had not responded to a request for comment.

So far, the president has not commented on the petition and there is no guarantee that he will. The terms of participation give the president some loopholes.

"To avoid the appearance of improper influence, the White House may decline to address certain procurement, law enforcement, adjudicatory, or similar matters properly within the jurisdiction of federal departments or agencies, federal courts, or state and local government in its response to a petition," the site says.

The White House has refused to comment on a requests for an investigation into allegations that Rep. Chris Dodd took bribes, clemency for Native American activist Leonard Peltier and the release of accused WikiLeaks whistleblower Bradley Manning.

The White House did respond to a petition that gained fewer than 13,000 signatures this fall: the petition seeking the White House beer recipe.

Thanks

So... it takes a few to get a beer recipe... but probably requires everyone to sign on a petition of secession.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Oh... interesting, I didn't realize Colorado was on the list... I'll have to investigate now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Let me think... what would be worse? Civil war? Removal of the Federal government? Multiple states with their own regulations and being land locked in one of them???? Hmmmmm
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

57 independent countries (ok, I know there are only 50, I'm digging on the guy who said there were 57. lol)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I am mildly surprised this has gained attention, but mostly that it was in thehill blog and ABC no less. I detected no sway to a side either which again surprised me.

Thanks

New from http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/wh-p...de_663282.html

W.H. Petition Calls for Stripping Citizenship and Exile for Anyone Who Signs Petition to Secede

1:54 PM, Nov 13, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

A White House petition gathering force calls for citizenship to be stripped and exile for anyone who signs a petition in favor of a state's secession.

"Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported," the full petition reads. The title of the petition is, "WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them."

As of this writing, 2,205 have signed the petition; 22,795 more signatures are needed for the issue to be addressed by the White House.

The Washington Times reports on the numerous petitions to secede on the White House's website:

It’s traditional for Americans to threaten to move to France or Canada when their candidate loses, but this year some disappointed voters are implementing a different plan.
    In the wake of the Nov. 6 election, petitions seeking to secede from the union have been filed on behalf of 23 states on the White House website, https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions. Most of the petitions contain the same wording and ask to withdraw “peacefully” from the United States in order to form independent governments.

Thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm going to start a petition now... "Arrest anyone who tries to prevent Americans from enjoying their individual liberties and freedoms, including Presidents, Liberals, Law Enforcement and military".

Screw them
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

You see though. Things are so eroded in our country they are able to take the info on a signer and do what the above petition requests.

Thanks

I just heard on ABC news this morning that FORTY states have petitions up on the WH site.

I'm wondering who was behind starting these? Was it the Right or was it the LEFT????

Think about it for a minute. What better way for a "false flag attack" than to start something through agents provocateurs? Seriously, what if this were done as a fluke at first and turned into this.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm not seeing any other news on it, but it was announced that 40 states had petitions and thousands upon thousands have signed them.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

WND EXCLUSIVE

Secession madness! Now 40 states join petition fray

More than a half-million want their states out of the USA

by Drew ZahnEmail | Archive Drew Zahn is a former pastor who cut his editing teeth as a member of the award-winning staff of Leadership, Christianity Today's professional journal for church leaders. He is the editor of seven books, including Movie-Based Illustrations for Preaching & Teaching, which sparked his ongoing love affair with film and his weekly WND column, "Popcorn and a (world)view."More ↓

Follow author Subscribe to author feed

If any of the hundreds of thousands of people petitioning the White House in the blossoming battle over secession get their way, somebody is going to leave the union, either voluntarily … or involuntarily.
    Ever since WND first reported that residents in the state of Louisiana had filed an online petition with the White House to secede from the U.S., residents in at least 39 additional states have filed similar requests with the White House to peaceably break from the union.

What’s more, a pair of contrary petitions have been added to the White House website, including one to “strip the citizenship” of those who have petitioned for secession and another calling for their deportation.
    As WND reported, the first of the petitions was filed on the White House’s We the People website the day after the 2012 election by Michael E. (full last name not provided) of Slidell, La.
    Since then, residents from the following states have added their own secession petitions: New Hampshire, Illinois, Idaho, Rhode Island, Virginia, Wisconsin, Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, California, Delaware, Nevada, Kansas, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, North Dakota, Montana, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, Alabama and Texas.
    The White House website explains that once a petition reaches 25,000 signatures, it will be placed on a queue for response from the administration. The website also maintains a page for previous petitions that have received a White House response.
    Some of the petitions have easily exceeded the required threshold.
    The Texas petition, for example, has more than 80,000 signatures. The original Louisiana petition has topped 30,000. Florida has also crossed the threshold. Though the numbers keep climbing, the signatures for all 40 states now total at least 533,000.
    The two petitions calling for the secession-sympathizers to be ousted total just more than 10,000.
    To view or even sign one of the petitions, click here (registration is required).
    The original Louisiana petition, which has served as a pattern for many of the new states, reads as follows: “We petition the Obama administration to: Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.”
    It continues, “As the Founding Fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776: ‘When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.’”
    The petition concludes with a further quote from the Declaration of Independence: “‘Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government.’”
    Screen capture of White House petition page for Louisiana secession

Residents of other states, however, have chosen different wording.
    The Texas petition explains itself this way: “The U.S. continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the U.S. suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our Founding Fathers, which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.”
    A petitioner from Tillamook, Ore., identified by the site as Kristopher W, worded his state’s petition this way: “Allow Oregon to vote on and leave the union peacefully and remain an ally to the nation.”
    He continues, “With the federal government increasing its size much larger than our Founding Father’s intended, and its abuse of power trumping over the rights of state constitutions, and the forcing of unconstitutional laws over its own citizens, the people of Oregon would like the chance to vote on leaving the Union immediately. The federal government has imposed policies on Oregon that are not in Oregon’s best interests, and we as citizens would respectively and peaceably separate ourselves from a tyrannical government who cares nothing about creating a sustainable future for our children. At any time that the citizens of Oregon [should feel] the federal government was no longer imposing on the Constitution, we could re-vote to again join the union under a new agreement.”
    One of the contrary petitions reads this way: “Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them.”
    It continues, “Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported.”
    The White House created the “We the People” petition site ostensibly as a way of giving all Americans “a way to engage their government on the issues that matter to them.”
    “The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution,” the page reads. “We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.”
    The page also explains, “You have just 30 days to get 25,000 signatures in order to get a response from the White House.”
    Once the White House does draft a response, it has pledged to send it via email to everyone who has signed the petition (registration on the site with a valid email address is required to sign petitions).
    To view or even sign one of the petitions, click here.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information