Thread: I support Arizona's new law!

Thanks

Default I support Arizona's new law!

I personally SUPPORT Arizona to the point that I will go there, spend money and help their state based on the new law.

Why?

This morning I mentioned my son is headed back there today after his recent wedding to his beautiful new bride last Friday. A young man in our area who happens to be black made a remark to me that caught me off guard while I was making coffee. I didn't expect it, but probably should have. Here's the conversation.

"I sure hope your son doesn't have darker skin...." he said.

"Darker skin? What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Well, you know Arizona and all. They will pull him over you know, if he looks 'brown'".

"He has a good tan..." I said, confused.

"No, the laws there. The law to pull over people who aren't white..."

"That isn't what that law says, " I tell him.

"Oh, no. If he isn't white they will pull him over and ask for his ID and then deport him to Mexico if they think he is Mexican..."

"That is NOT what the law says," I explain. "The law specifically has a rule for probable cause.... Look here, if you get pulled over what are they going to ask for?"

"They are going to ask for my driver's license, insurance and registration...but..." he said. I interrupted him.

"So, then what if you don't happen to have your driver's license?"

"Well, I'm going to get a ticket..."

"No, you're going to be placed in apprehension until they can determine who you are, if the car belongs to you and why you don't have your license on you. You might even be arrested..." I explained, "And they ARE GOING TO ASK FOR YOUR PAPERS!"

He continued to try to argue with me, and I simply kept repeating "Read the law, M---, read the law"

He said he has read it, but if he had he would see this:

E. A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED 39 ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.

B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).

C. IF AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IS
    CONVICTED OF A VIOLATION OF STATE OR LOCAL LAW, ON DISCHARGE FROM IMPRISONMENT OR ASSESSMENT OF ANY FINE THAT IS IMPOSED, THE ALIEN SHALL BE TRANSFERRED IMMEDIATELY TO THE CUSTODY OF THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT OR THE UNITED STATES CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION.

D. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER LAW, A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY MAY SECURELY TRANSPORT AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES AND WHO IS IN THE AGENCY'S CUSTODY TO A FEDERAL FACILITY IN THIS STATE OR TO ANY OTHER POINT OF TRANSFER INTO FEDERAL CUSTODY THAT IS OUTSIDE THE JURISDICTION OF THE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

E. A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.

F. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN FEDERAL LAW, OFFICIALS OR AGENCIES OF THIS STATE AND COUNTIES, CITIES, TOWNS AND OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS OF THIS STATE MAY NOT BE PROHIBITED OR IN ANY WAY BE RESTRICTED FROM SENDING, RECEIVING OR MAINTAINING INFORMATION RELATING TO THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF ANY INDIVIDUAL OR EXCHANGING THAT INFORMATION WITH ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY FOR THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL PURPOSES:
    There's more. The pdf can be located here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...wBTAt0H_9gXF_A
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: I support Arizona's new law!

There's plenty more to that bill. It specifically gives the right of action against any agency or official who violates the law, or does something against the person's individual rights.

In other words, the state is giving permission for someone to sue... you have to, in most states GET permission to sue. You have to get permission to sue the feds....
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

We decided over the weekend to Vacation in Arizona. Seriously. Leaving in June for a week at the Canyon/Sedona/Flagstaff/Meteor Cratar, etc.

Flights are booked, rooms reserved, everything is set.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Good job
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Arizona has some nice spots. Haven't spent too much time in Flagstaff but I enjoyed myself the one night I was there. Grand Canyon is awesome. Had a great time in Sedona.

Not to derail the thread too much, I had booked a flight (non-refundable) to pensacola prior to the oil spill in the gulf. now I probably won't be able to travel anywhere east for a good beach.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zenbudda View Post
    Arizona has some nice spots. Haven't spent too much time in Flagstaff but I enjoyed myself the one night I was there. Grand Canyon is awesome. Had a great time in Sedona.

Not to derail the thread too much, I had booked a flight (non-refundable) to pensacola prior to the oil spill in the gulf. now I probably won't be able to travel anywhere east for a good beach.
    There's been no impact to Florida beaches at this time nor is it expected to be for the near future.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

are you near pensacola?

Thread Information