Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Greece

Thanks

Default Re: Greece

I think that a NO vote is the right thing.

They need to take their medicine instead of getting more handouts. I can only hope this really fucks the bankers who were expecting to liberate more Greek assets on the cheap to keep the money train flowing.

That said, most Greeks are lazy grifters, gaming money in 15 different ways, so they had to know that they'd eventually run out of other people's money.

You can't retire at 55 with lavish benefits from a job that really never produced anything of value and not expect the freebies to eventually stop. Most of the Greek public jobs could be eliminated without adversely changing anything except the fortunes of those in those "works" jobs.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Ultimately I think they're giving the finger to the micro-managing Eurocrats. They're tired of being told what and how to do things. Taking back sovereignty. Good for them.

Now the tough part, figuring out their own finances, making unpopular cuts, being held accountable to their own decisions rather than some Eurocrat a half dozen boarders away. I wish them luck.

Thanks

Wait? You think they are planning on cutting anything?

No, that's not what happened here. What happened here was Greece told Europe "You can't mess with our lavish pensions! Buzz off Germany! No more Austerity! We've had enough privation!"

I guess there's a bunch of people that truly believe the government can simply just keep doling out the money.

What I believe is going to happen is that the Greek government will start rolling Drachmas off the printing presses by the dump truck full. There will be some billion or trillion drachma notes before they finally give up the ghost and issue a "new Drachma" which will then inflate just as fast as the old Drachma. Eventually they'll simply just rely on foreign currency and all those lavish pension will be worth a bucket of spit. You will probably be able to get hairy Greek broad to toss your salad for $10usd 10 feet after you exit the Athens airport.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I think when the free euro ride and bail out loans are cut, Capt. Obvious will make an appearance and printing all the money in the world won't lube the economic wheels.

Thread Information