Thread: Metal Storm and EOS Unveil "Redback" Weapon System

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Metal Storm and EOS Unveil "Redback" Weapon System

Metal Storm and EOS Unveil "Redback" Weapon System

Metal Storm Limited and Electro Optic Systems Holdings Limited today announced the unveiling of the Redback Weapon System prototype at the Asian Aerospace and Asian Defense Technology Exhibitions in Singapore.

Redback is the first weapon system prototype to be produced from the collaboration between Metal Storm and EOS under a Teaming Agreement signed by the two companies in November 2005 to co-develop and market new weapon systems combining the unique features and benefits of EOS' combat-proven sensor and fire control systems with the versatility and firepower of Metal Storm weapons.

Redback is a lightweight, fast-reaction, remotely operated, weapon system. It is designed to provide intense directed firepower for short periods in applications such as vehicle protection, convoy defense, perimeter control, robotic systems and area denial.

The system is designed to include the following features and benefits:

-- Firepower. Redback deploys multiple 40mm Metal Storm barrels firing a range of munitions at selectable rates of fire, including the ability to engage up to 3 targets in 1.2 seconds. With EOS precision sensors and control systems, this results in intense directed firepower.
    -- Light. Redback will be available in system weights from 70-100 kg - less than one conventionally equipped combatant. -- Fast. Redback control and servo systems will allow multiple threats to be engaged, fast enough to engage incoming missiles and projectiles for vehicle defense.
    -- Intelligent. Redback has proven EOS networking capabilities that allow multiple systems to operate with a coordinated response to large threats.
    -- Versatile. Redback can carry a mixed load of munitions to allow non-lethal and lethal response at the same time. This range of response is an unmet market need for peacekeeping missions and urban warfare with non- combatants present.

Redback has successfully test-fired 40mm munitions jointly developed by ST Kinetics and Metal Storm. In a related development, Metal Storm this week announced the successful firing of jointly developed high explosive, enhanced blast and airburst rounds with ST Kinetics in Singapore. These munitions are compatible with Redback, and add significantly to the versatility of the weapon system.

The Redback development effort is on schedule for customer trials this year with the objective of having it operationally ready by the end of 2007.

The Chief Executive Officer of Metal Storm, Mr. David Smith, said, "The unveiling of Redback is another major milestone for Metal Storm because it represents our first true product offering to the market. I am delighted with the progress we have made in our collaboration with EOS. Together with the munitions we are jointly developing with ST Kinetics here in Singapore we have unique capabilities we can market to defense customers around the world."

The Chief Executive Officer of EOS, Dr. Ben Greene, said, "Redback is designed to meet an urgent need for defense of convoys and individual vehicles, often in peacekeeping roles. The mixed-mission capability and intense firepower of Redback will be welcomed by our customers internationally."

Thanks

Default Re: Metal Storm and EOS Unveil "Redback" Weapon System

And as members of the site here.... Ryan will be supplying each of us with one these nifty home defense weapons.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

If only...

Thanks

I've been watching my mail daily... Perhaps you sent it to the wrong address by mistake? Ryan? Are you listening?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Well, I sent it!

Must be that sneaky postman who stole it. They always steal the really good stuff from your mail!

(BTW, for any real postal employees reading this, this is just a joke! I know you all don't steal stuff from the mail... You just go on bloody shooting sprees! I kid! I kid! )

Thanks

RedBack? Is that because you move forward towards it and and your back explodes in a shower of red?

-Mal

Thread Information