Thread: Chinese airport closed; UFO is spotted

Thanks

Default Chinese airport closed; UFO is spotted

Chinese airport closed after fiery UFO is spotted flying over city

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 3:20 PM on 9th July 2010

A Chinese airport was closed after this mysterious object was spotted in the skys

Arcing over Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou, the UFO appeared to glow with an eerie white light and left a bright trail in its wake.

Xiaoshan Airport was closed after the UFO was detected at around 9 pm and dozens of flights had to be diverted.

The strange light appeared to glow as it swept through the night sky, to the alarm of local residents

Another photo from a different angle which shows a wide trail behind the object as it zips through the sky

Stunned witnesses reported seeing a comet-like fireball in the sky and a number of local residents took photos of the strange ball of light.

A local bus driver, giving his name only as Yu, said he had seen a strange glowing object in the sky late on Wednesday afternoon.

'The thing suddenly ran westwards fast, like it was escaping from something,' he said.

Inbound flights were diverted to nearby airports while outbound flights were delayed for three to four hours.
    Some Chinese experts claimed that the strange sight was actually debris from a US intercontinental ballistic missile.
    Chinese officials later said that they knew what the object had been but were unable to make it public because there was a 'military connection.'

An official statement is expected later today.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Chinese airport closed; UFO is spotted

UFO in China has 'military connection': Official

PTI, Jul 9, 2010, 12.33pm IST

Tags:China|traffic|UFO|military connection

BEIJING: An Unidentified Flying Object (UFO), which disrupted air traffic in a Chinese city has a "military connection", a Chinese official has said.

The authorities have learnt what the UFO was after investigations, but it was not "proper time to publicly disclose" the information because there was a "military connection" to it, state run 'China Daily' quoted an official as saying.

The UFO has disrupted air traffic over Hangzhou, capital of China's Zhejiang's Province on Wednesday.

Xiaoshan Airport was closed after the UFO was detected at around 9 pm, and some flights were re-routed to airports in the cities of Ningbo and Wuxi, said a spokesman of the airport.

The airport had resumed operations, and more details will be released after an investigation, he said.

Inbound flights were diverted to the nearby airports in Zhejiang province's Ningbo and Jiangsu province's Wuxi.

Outbound flights were delayed for three to four hours. A staff member at the airport's information desk said the airport had "no idea" how many flights were affected by the closure".

Another official Daily, 'Global Times' reported that "a UFO trailed by a fan-shaped white light appeared last Wednesday in Urumqi, Northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region".

It was later identified as debris from an intercontinental missile launched by the US, Song Huagang, secretary general of the Xinjiang Astronomy Society said.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

actually i've been meaning to post this for a few days now, a personal type experience. the lights on the side of that reminded me.

so about 3 weeks ago i was taking the dog out for the last time in the night (around 12:30am central). Clear night, I look up and see 2 dots about 1' (star degree) apart moving in a perfect identical path across the sky. Watched it for a few moments then they both vanished. I went into the yard to see if i could pick up the path again but no go.

so i head back up the deck stairs and look up once more, and i see 2 more dots, same distance apart, trailing across from where the first 2 originated. they were also about the same distance apart from each other, and they both disappeared around the same place the other 2 did.

so that was what i'd consider to be an anomaly, might have been space junk or jets or something, but with the placement of the lights on that picture it makes me wonder if it was a test run over our airspace by this mystery machine(s). i might make a chart of the path of the objects and the distance they were apart from each other.

Thanks

Caution, Objects in space are a further away than they appear to be....

What you saw most likely was pieces of space junk and they probably entered the Earth's shadow and "blinked out".

Satellites do that all the time. If you stare at the night sky enough you will see this happen often when you get the chance to see some satellites.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

yep i know, i couldnt tell the distance but the speed was faster than any satellites i've seen, which leads me to believe it was closer to Earth than a normal satellite. Seemed to be airplane speed.

the thing that got my attention was the paired objects on the same path, not once but twice.

ps: last night i saw 2 satellites that had intersecting paths, and they crossed right by each other. looked like they were going to smash together, which they obviously weren't going to do but that would have been fairly cool to see!

Thanks

Would have been cool to see the cross like that. I've never seen two at the same time
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

yes i was surprised at seeing 2 of them at once. they both had the slower speed of satellites but one could have been a jet i suppose. either way, pretty cool that they crossed over each other.

Thanks

here is what I saw (about the first 8 seconds), albeit a few weeks earlier. There was a guy on the radio a few days ago talking about it, and a mufon guy called in and said they thought it was LEDs on a high flying kite string. Makes sense to me.

I didn't see mine blinking like this, but the distance was about the same so I'll go with it. UFO mystery sovled! Also, I live east of St Paul about 45 miles, so the direction they were going when I saw them lines up with this. Still not sure why it was in a straight line though, but I'll worry about that later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRr6V3I4hnI
    Last edited by New Guy; September 3rd, 2010 at 21:30.

Thread Information