Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gold will be confiscated soon

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Gold will be confiscated soon

Well, its a good thing we have no gold besides a small bit of jewelery.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peterle Matteo View Post
    How can "they" take something if "they" dont know its existence?
    At least here in the U.S., I'd imagine there would be some record of the transaction somewhere.

I don't own any PMs, so can't say for certain.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

For one thing, if you use plastic, there's a record.

Thanks

Petele, I own diamonds. A shit load of them.

Ok, now the world knows. But the world knows I have and will kill if someone tries to rob me or hurt my family.

You see? They leave me alone too.

LOL

(I mean MUHAHAHAHAHA)

And yes when you purchase something - be it with plastic or NOT, there is a record of you buying diamonds, or other precious and semi-precious gemstones.

I make purchases in high end stores if I'm going to buy something like that and yes, they know me.

Why? Because I don't walk in with cash and a disguise.

Stores like that keep camera/video recordings as well.

It's difficult to do anything in secret.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

And Rick, you just explained the difference between having care for privacy and being so uptight about privacy everything is seen as a violation of it.

Thanks

Right, it is seen as a violation of privacy.

But are we guaranteed "privacy" in any laws?

No, not specifically in the Constitution. But there are allusions to it from the 1st through the 9th amendments.

When it comes down to it no one will guarantee anyone's privacy excerpt yourself.

I am not an extremely private person - I think most of you know this by now. I'm out going, I make no secret of my name, my beliefs (for the most part), I don't bother to keep secret my address, phone number or email addresses. I don't try to hide from anyone or anything.

I'm "living proof" that just because a person has friends and enemies - the enemies are smart enough NOT to come after one, and the friends aren't always as bright as we would hope them to be (because simply put, anyone of them that says "I didn't call because I don't know your phone number" REALLY didn't bother to look).
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

In the US, we call that "Identity theft".

People get credit cards or buy things on credit in your name then they leave never to be seen again, and you owe the credit card companies or bank a lot of money for something YOU didn't actually buy or own.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Companion Post and Threads:

U.S. Secret Service Bans Certain Gold and Silver Coins On eBay

Source: Forbes

eBay was contacted by the U.S. Secret Service sometime last month to remove the Liberty Dollar precious metal coins. Citing consistency with eBay’s general policy of not listing counterfeit items, eBay spokesperson Ryan Moore confirmed the ban with Coin World. The following email was sent to affected sellers when the systematic removals began:

The United States Secret Service has requested the removal of all Norfed Liberty dollars on the eBay site as counterfeits. … Please do not relist this item(s). We appreciate that you chose to list this coin on our site and understand there was no ill intent on your part. Your listing fees have been credited to your account.

Real is fake and fake is real. That’s pretty much the monetary world that we live in now as we are coerced to trade and pay taxes in the designated and one ‘legitimate’ State currency. Certainly, the U.S. Secret Service wouldn’t want anyone purchasing pure (.999 fine) gold and silver medallions mistakenly thinking that they might be getting official and real money issued under the authority of the United States.

Deriving its authority from Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 3056, the United States Secret Service is one of the nation’s oldest federal investigative law enforcement agencies and it was originally founded in 1865 as a branch of the U.S. Treasury Department to combat the counterfeiting of U.S. currency. In addition to its mandate of protecting the president, vice president, and others, the U.S. Secret Service is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the nation’s financial infrastructure and payment systems:

The Secret Service has jurisdiction over violations involving the counterfeiting of United States obligations and securities. Some of the counterfeited United States obligations and securities commonly investigated by the Secret Service include U.S. currency (to include coins), U.S. Treasury checks, Department of Agriculture food coupons and U.S. postage stamps.

Rather than the beginning of a second wave of gold confiscation, this action to remove coins at eBay and other sites is aimed directly at NORFED Liberty Dollars issued from the now defunct mint of monetary architect Bernard von Nothaus who was convicting of counterfeiting in 2011. For those that haven’t followed every twist and turn of this landmark case, I would recommend the amicus curiae brief filed by GATA, the brilliant piece from Lew Rockwell, and the possible implications of the von Nothaus case on other attempts to start a new currency.

Read More...

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Wait for it.... I TOLD YOU SO.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

RED ALERT: The Gold Police Have Arrived!

This is becoming a disturbing trend.

In Houston you are now considered a criminal if you sell gold or silver.

Law Requires Any Consumer Selling Gold To Submit To Fingerprints And Mugshots

Last week the Houston City Council passed an ordinance requiring people who sell precious metals to be fingerprinted and photographed. According to KTRK-TV, the ordinance is “meant to help track down criminals who try to resell stolen valuables."

"Gold-buying businesses will now be required to photograph and fingerprint sellers as well as photograph the items that are being sold to the dealer."
    In other words, citizens who sell gold will be considered criminals until they demonstrate otherwise.
    “It’s going to allow us the tools necessary to combat a lot of the high-end jewelry thefts that’s going on in the city, whether it’s robberies or burglaries,” Houston Police Officer Rick Barajas told the news station last Wednesday.
    Audi S8s, Shelby Mustangs, BMW M5s, Dodge Chargers and Honda S2000 roadsters are stolen thousands of times a year and yet people who own them are not required by government to be fingerprinted and photographed in order to sell their cars. Ditto folks who sell expensive items at pawn shops or on eBay. Can you imagine the chaos in commerce that would occur if every item over say $1,000 required the seller to surrender fingerprints and photographs – more accurately, mugshots – which the buyer would be obliged under penalty of law to submit to the state within 48 hours?
    "No precious metals thief is going to agree to a mug-shot and thumbprint," said Houston City Council Member Helena Brown in response to the law.
    "That’s like declaring that the thieves are going to be turning themselves in. It’s ludicrous. I don’t know who told HPD that this is going to help them. It’s not going to help anyone, but rather it will be damaging to an industry and to our self-respect and liberty."

http://dailybail.com/home/red-alert-the-gold-police-have-arrived.html

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Well... it was a matter of time.

Gold Investors Exit Amid Price Collapse

By Richard Davies
    Apr 15, 2013 8:02am
    Morning Business Memo…

The biggest story on global financial markets today is the collapse of gold and silver prices. Gold is down more than $90 an ounce since Friday – a fall of about 7 percent. The price drop comes on top of last week’s 4.7 percent tumble. Silver prices tumbled 8 percent, or $24 an ounce. Copper is also falling. The reasons for the plunge are linked to the recent rise in the stock market, the slow, steady improvement of the US economy and the recent strength of the dollar. Crude oil futures have tumbled on global markets, down to less than $89 for West Texas crude, the lowest price since December, 2012. For years gold bugs have predicted economic apocalypse with hyper-inflation and a collapse of stock prices. That simply hasn’t happened, and many investors have given up on gold, shifting funds out of precious metals. Last week Goldman Sachs issued a report, predicting gold prices would tumble. More volatility is expected in the days to come.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93E0FI20130415

Gold slumps to two-year low below $1,400 per ounce

By Clara Denina
    LONDON | Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:18am EDT

(Reuters) - Gold dropped as much as 6.3 percent on Monday to below $1,400 per ounce for the first time since March 2011 as the market's downward momentum gained speed after more than four months of investor selling.

Investors ditched gold along with other commodities from oil to copper after a less-than-forecast growth in China's gross domestic product in the first quarter stoked doubts about the health of the global economy.

This added to last week's fears of central bank sales from Europe, prompted by a proposed sale of Cyprus bullion holdings, and concerns about a reduction in monetary stimulus. Adding to selling pressure, exchange-traded funds hit their lowest in more than a year on Friday.

Spot gold dropped as low as $1,384.69 an ounce and was at $1,409.26 by 1048 GMT, still down 4.7 percent.

U.S. futures for June delivery extended losses to fall more than 5 percent as Tokyo gold futures tumbled around 8 percent, marking Japanese futures biggest daily fall since September 2011.

"We are entering a phase of additional long liquidation by ETF investors and short-selling from hedge funds, which will continue in the foreseeable future," Saxo Bank senior manager Ole Hansen said.

"Purely looking at the charts, support would now be at $1,300, which would equate the 50 percent retracement from the rally from the Lehman crack in 2008 to the September 2011 record high."

Other precious metals were also hit by heavy selling, with silver falling to its lowest since October 2010, platinum at its weakest since August last year, and palladium hitting a three-month low.

By contrast, hedge funds and money managers raised their net longs in gold futures and options in the week to April 9, a report by Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) showed on Friday.

Gold slipped into a bear market last week, plunging more than 5 percent on Friday to below $1,500 for the first time since July 2011.

Investors cut exposure to gold, with total holdings at the world's major bullion gold-backed exchange-traded-funds falling to their lowest since early 2012.

Holdings of the largest fund, New York's SPDR Gold Trust GLD fell a further 22 metric tons on Friday.

Investors have recently been dumping gold for the past three straight weeks. Even escalating tensions on the Korean peninsula have failed to burnish its safe-haven appeal.
    Cyprus's plan to sell gold reserves to raise around 400 million euros ($525 million) has raised concerns other indebted euro zone countries could follow suit, while signs of a tentative recovery in the United States could further dent gold's appeal.

"What we now see is panic selling, perhaps triggered by the Fed's stimulus view. The Fed has given the signal that there's a possibility to reduce QE, and that took a lot of trust out of gold," said Dominic Schnider, an analyst at UBS Wealth Management.

"As the Fed becomes less reflationary and the ECB not willing to end its deflationary policy, the balance towards inflation is shifting dramatically. And people recognize that in an environment where you have no inflation is a powerful driver to get out of the metal."

While policy doves currently hold sway over Chairman Ben Bernanke and the majority of Fed policymakers, minutes from last month's policy meeting suggested the quantitative easing program could draw to a close by year-end, earlier than some economists had expected.

Premiums for gold bars ticked up to $1.50 to the spot London prices in Singapore, versus $1.20 last week.

Although jewelers could snatch the opportunity to stock up, a meager increase in premiums for gold bars suggested that consumers were staying on the sidelines.
    Silver was down 10 percent to $23.27 an ounce, having fallen to its lowest since October 2010 at $22.97.

Spot palladium dropped 6 percent to its lowest since January 8 at $665.75 and was then seen at $678.72, down 4.1 percent, while spot platinum was down 3 percent at $1,439.99 an ounce.

(Additional report by Lewa Pardomuan and Manolo Serapio Jn in Singapore; Editing by Jane Baird)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Gold just shot up about 2% today.... wtf? Global uncertainty?

Gold up 2% near $1,400 on poor US home sales

Text Size
    Published: Friday, 23 Aug 2013 | 3:04 PM ET
    Twitter
    LinkedIn

Getty Images

Gold rose 1.9 percent on Friday, hitting its highest price in more than two months near $1,400 an ounce, as a big drop in U.S. new home sales renewed hopes that the Federal Reserve will maintain its bond-buying economic stimulus.

For the week, gold gained 1.6 percent for its third consecutive weekly rise. It has climbed in six out of the past seven weeks since gold fell to a three-year low at $1,180 an ounce on June 28.

Silver outperformed gold to rally nearly 4 percent to a 3 1/2-month high as the dollar fell and U.S. Treasury bond yields dropped. It also rose above the $24 mark for the first time since May 9.

Sales of new single-family homes in the United States fell more than 13 percent in July to their lowest level in nine months. The Commerce Department data was much weaker than expected, even during a month when Fed stimulus remained in place.

"The new home sales number is terrible, so the fear is clearly that higher interest rate is going to topple this housing recovery, which means the Fed has to ease and not tighten," said Axel Merk, portfolio manager of Merk Funds which has around $500 million in currency mutual-fund assets.

Name Price Change %Change Volume
    GOLD Gold 1398.80 28.00 2.04% 148641
    GOLD/USD Gold / US Dollar Spot 1396.04 20.80 1.51% ---
    SILV/USD Silver / US Dollar Spot 23.95 0.84 3.63% ---
    SILVER Silver 24.03 0.995 4.32% 53142
    PALL/USD Palladium / US Dollar Spot 746.00 -5.50 -0.73% ---
    PLAT/USD Platinum / US Dollar Spot 1533.24 -3.26 -0.21% ---

Bullion also drew support when three Fed officials expressed divergent views on when to reduce the central bank's $85 billion monthly bond buying. Investors have been trying to predict what will happen at a Fed policy meeting next month.

Spot gold was up 1.7 percent to $1,398 an ounce, having hit $1,397.30, the highest price since June 7. U.S. gold futures for December delivery settled $25.00 higher at $1,395.80 an ounce, up 1.8 percent on the day.

Thanks

And in conjunction with the gold spike.....

International Investors Dump $40.8 Billion in Treasuries, the Most Ever

By mrdsk on
    From Money and Markets:
    Foreign holders dumped a whopping $40.8 billion in long-term Treasuries, the biggest exodus from bonds in the history of the U.S.
    Worse, June was actually the third month of mass dumping in the past four, for a total of $79 billion. China, the biggest holder of our bonds, unloaded $21.5 billion, while Japan, the second-largest holder, dumped $20.3 billion.
    The chart below says it all. The spikes on the right display the selling.
    It wasn’t just government bonds, either. Foreigners dumped $116 million of bonds made up of packaged U.S. mortgages. They sold $5.2 billion of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae bonds, and $5 billion in corporate bonds. And they unloaded $26.8 billion of U.S. stocks.
    All told, more international capital flowed out of U.S. markets than at any time in history, worse even than at the depths of the 2008 credit crisis.

Thanks

Richard Russell Predicts Within A Year All Physical Gold Will Be Swept Off The Market

In the aftermath of last week's historic Swiss move, today the Godfather of newsletter writers, 90-year old Richard Russell, warned investors that within a year all available physical gold will be swept off the market. Russell also takes readers on a fascinating journey of his memories of the Great Depression.

Richard Russell: “In the 90 years that I have been on this earth I have never felt good about myself. But lately, after much soul searching, I finally accepted that I am a good person and deserve to treat myself better. I grew up during the Great Depression and I learned to always order the cheapest item on the menu in restaurants. In those difficult days, a penny saved was like a dollar earned.

I remember well during 1932, that real estate parcels in New York City were often for sale for $10,000 cash. Yet they didn’t sell because people were afraid to put down $10,000 cash on a New York City building. Anybody who had cash refused to part with it regardless of the huge possible return on their money. If you had cash, you thanked God that you had it and no investment was juicy enough to entice you to put down your money. Thus, New York real estate was selling at giveaway prices and it stayed that way until the Great Depression ended.

I remember full-course Sunday dinners at top restaurants being offered for a dollar or less. I remember admission to neighborhood movies (double features) for 15 cents, and you could stay the whole night sleeping in your seat to stay out of the winter cold.

Back to my recognition that I am basically a good person and I am entitled to love myself. In proof of this, I now give myself permission to enjoy my life. I buy the little things that I’ve always wanted and I take my daughter Daria and her husband out for good dinners at fine restaurants on the weekends. Louise Hay is correct, everything starts when you learn to love and cherish yourself. I think I’ve finally arrived there; it’s only taken me 90 years.

I left Tuesday’s site with a suggestion that my subscribers swap their phony fiat money for real tangible constitutional money, gold. I believe that within the next decade we will experience a worldwide trend towards honesty and the truth; this will start with currencies and the world will go back to the gold standard.

Since the Great Depression, there have been a number of bull markets, and their average age is 3.8 years. Yet the current bull market is almost six years old. Bull markets usually end and die during periods of hysterical optimism and then exhaustion. That is the way I expect this market to end.

I think analysts are making a mistake by matching this bull market with previous ones. This bull market has been characterized by central bank interventions.

Currently stocks are trading in an environment of massive liquidity and bonds are operating alongside manufactured zero rates. Currently investors are driving themselves crazy looking for a safe place to make money. Some are buying treasury bonds on the thesis that interest rates will continue to head down and that bond prices will rise.

Other investors are buying the US dollar on the thesis that the US is the only bullish economy in the world. Europe is near recession. Japan is seeing deflation again and Russia is a basket case. The US remains the only light at the end of the tunnel.

In this time of massive liquidity, I see the world’s stock markets as comparable to a powder keg. The wick is lit and no one knows when the whole pile will ignite.

Late Notes — There is a giant secret stirring under today's market. China, India, Russia and almost every central bank is buying physical gold. I'm guessing that within another year, physical gold will be swept off the market.”

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information