Thread: Pelosi - FINANCIAL TRANSACTION TAX?

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Pelosi - FINANCIAL TRANSACTION TAX?

Dear Ms. Pelosi,

You've lost your mother fucking mind.

Love,

Backstop

---------------------------

Must watch video at the link.

http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2010/10/financial-transaction-tax.html

FINANCIAL TRANSACTION TAX?

By

Neal Boortz

@ October 4, 2010 9:12 AM

You've heard of this one, haven't you? Nancy Pelosi was sending out positive vibes at the end of last week ... positive, that is, if you like the idea of the Imperial Federal Government collect a 1% (initial) tax on all financial transactions ... any financial transaction at any financial institution.

You haven't heard about this? No surprise. There's an election coming you know. Democrats aren't fond of telegraphing their various tax schemes just before you go to the polls. My guess is that you'll hear plenty about this if the voters of this country somehow manage to leave the Democrats in power. Drudge did, however, run with a bit over the weekend wherein Nancy Pelosi indicated that the idea had merit. On December 4th of last year CNSnews.com ran with a story detailing Pelosi's endorsement of a "global" tax on stock trades and other financial transactions that she said at a news conference could bring in $150 billion annually.

So ... just in case you're actually thinking of voting, maybe this explanation will help you make up your mind.

A financial transaction tax would most likely start out at around 1%. If you made a $500 deposit into your savings account, $5 would go to Washington. If your employer automatically deposited you $1,845 paycheck into your account every two weeks, $18.45 would go to the federal government. That's what happens when your money goes INTO your account? But what about when it comes OUT? Well, that's another financial transaction, isn't it? Charge a $80 dinner for two to your Visa card, 80 cents to the government. Let's say your car payment is $390 per month. Every time you make that payment $3.90 goes to the government. Over 36 months this would amount to $140. Now remember .. you already paid income tax on this money ... and here comes another 1% going in, and 1% coming out.

Mention this to a Democrat ... and they will surely tell you that you are crazy, that they would never consider something like this. But hold on a minute ... you need to know that this idea of a financial transaction tax is very popular right now in Europe. Some have even proposed such a tax as a way to support the United Nations, and I've already told you about Pelosi's love for the idea. So ... do you feel lucky? Go ahead! Put your favorite Democrat back into office. Then you can react with amazement a few months down the road when the Democrats - still in power thanks to your efforts --- announce that something like a temporary transaction is going to be necessary to take care of our deficit. The truth, of course, is that if they got the tax it would not be used to cover the deficit ... it would just be more money for them to spend on their various vote-buying schemes. Temporary? Yeah, right. The only thing about this financial transaction tax that would be temporary would be the rate. Again ... how long would it take them to tell you that they just "had" to raise the rate to 2%, but just for a while, mind you .. just for a while until whatever crisis our dear leaders in Washington were dealing with passed.

Are you beginning to see what the stakes are here four weeks from tomorrow? We're not playing some video game here folks. The threat is real, and if you aren't on the front lines to fight these people I promise you that your children and grandchildren will damn you for walking away from this battle.
    Last edited by Backstop; October 4th, 2010 at 14:31.

Thanks

Default Re: Pelosi - FINANCIAL TRANSACTION TAX?

That rotten whore's solution to the problem of moving transactions offshore? Well, off shore they have the same tax. I like how she says "This will help fulfill our needs". I got a need for you nasty, I mean Nancy. Keep your fucking hands out of my pocket you dried up ole shit bag. Go need somewhere else bitch!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Dear Ms. Pelosi,

You've lost your mother fucking mind.

Love,

Backstop

---------------------------

Must watch video at the link.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, that pretty much summed it all up. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Gee, they thought banks were failing now...

Thanks

Fire them ALL!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'd probably never write another check again.

Make one large monthly withdraw, and pay cash or buy money orders.

Of course they'd probably figure some way to tax that also.

Man, this is one of the most whacko things I've seen in quite a while.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Fire them ALL!
    Absolutely.

Thanks

I have no choice. Direct Deposit. Enforced.

I'm having my wife move her DD over to another account - that is better "protected".

But her entire pay check starting this month is going only to savings. We will live and pay bills off my pay check for the next 18 months only drawing from her money in emergencies if necessary.

This is all part of the "big plan".
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yeah, that direct deposit stuff is there, and I can't change it either.

Thinking about it, I'll bet that bill also includes a fee when you cash your paycheck.

Bastards.

Thanks

I heard an ad today about people paying for cashing their checks.

I'm thinking to myself "Wtf? Don't you have a BANK ACCOUNT?"

In reality, most people apparently DO NOT have bank accounts, they get their checks, they cash them and spend them. That's why so many people don't have savings.

I am treating life as "normal" for now. I'm still going to use banks, do investments, keep my shit in place and hope it's there when the world ends.... you know?

What the hell else is a person supposed to do? Put plans on hold because the rest of the world is fouled up?
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    That rotten whore's solution to the problem of moving transactions offshore? Well, off shore they have the same tax. I like how she says "This will help fulfill our needs". I got a need for you nasty, I mean Nancy. Keep your fucking hands out of my pocket you dried up ole shit bag. Go need somewhere else bitch!
    Obama administration wants all money transfers into and out of U.S. reported

Washington Post
    In Print: Monday, September 27, 2010

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration wants to require U.S. banks to report all electronic money transfers into and out of the country, a dramatic expansion in efforts to counter terrorist financing and money laundering.

Officials say the information would help them spot the sort of transfers that helped finance the al-Qaida hijackers who carried out the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Financial institutions are now required to report to the Treasury Department transactions in excess of $10,000 and others they deem suspicious. The new rule would require banks to disclose even the smallest transfers.

Treasury officials plan to post the proposed regulation on their website today and in the Federal Register this week. The public could comment before the rule takes effect, probably in 2012.

The proposal is a long-delayed response to the 2004 Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, which specified reforms to better organize the intelligence community and to avoid a repeat of the 2001 attacks.

"By establishing a centralized database, this regulatory plan will greatly assist law enforcement in detecting and ferreting out transnational organized crime, multinational drug cartels, terrorist financing and international tax evasion," said James Freis, director of Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.

Critics called it part of a disturbing trend by government security agencies to seek more access to personal data. "These new banking surveillance programs are testing the boundaries of privacy," said Marc Rotenberg, executive director of the Electronic Privacy Information Center. "Many consumers both in the United States and outside are likely to object."

Internet wiretaps: Federal law enforcement and national security officials are preparing to seek sweeping new regulations of the Internet to help monitor criminal and terrorism suspects, the New York Times reported.

Officials want Congress to require all services that enable communications — including encrypted e-mail transmitters like BlackBerry, social networking websites like Facebook and software that allows direct "peer to peer" messaging like Skype — to be technically capable of complying if served with a wiretap order. The Obama administration plans to submit the legislation to lawmakers next year.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information