Thread: Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital

October 7th, 2010
    Oath Keepers statement about video titled, “Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper’s New Born From Hospital”

Stewart has just now as of 7:45PM PST, spoken to the father and he is faxing documents to Stewart. We are establishing a legal defense fund. Once it is confirmed through documentation that the father’s association with Oath Keepers was listed as a reason, even if among several reasons listed, for taking the child, we will actively pursue aggressive legal remedy and redress.

We will assist in locating competent local legal counsel in New Hampshire and additional expert legal counsel from around the country in First Amendment and child custody law. Stewart, who has worked on several First Amendment cases in State and Federal court will also volunteer his services to assist in the case Pro Bono.
    Here is Stewart’s statement for now:

We are doing all we can to confirm and document this. But if is IS accurate, and a newborn child was ripped from her mother’s arms because the parents were “associated” with Oath Keepers by simply being members of our online ning discussion forum, then this is a grave crossing of a very serious line, and is utterly intolerable. It cannot be done. It cannot be allowed to stand.

If it is true, then I will do all in my power to stop it. We will pull out all the stops, every lawful means of seeing that this child is returned to her parents and that all persons responsible are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. There can be no freedom of speech, no freedom of association, no freedom to even open your mouth and “speak truth to power,” no freedom AT ALL, if your children can be black bagged and stolen from you because of your political speech and associations -- because you simply dare to express your love of country, and dare to express your solidarity and fellowship with other citizens and with active duty and retired military and police who simply pledge to honor their oath and obey the Constitution. It was to prevent just such outrageous content based persecution of political dissidents that our First Amendment was written.

If true, then this is as bad, and in fact worse, than any of the violations of liberty that our Declaration of Independence lists as the reasons for our forefathers taking up arms in our Revolution and for separating from England. We no longer have freedom at all if this is allowed to be done.

And we will not let it stand.

Stewart Rhodes

Founder of Oath Keepers

Stewart will post additional statements and info as this situation develops. Please be ready to flood the responsible parties with phone calls and emails to put public pressure on them in the court of public opinion.

UPDATE : 10/07/2010 10.53PM PST -- We have confirmed that the affidavit in support of the order to take the child from her parents states ,along with a long list of other assertions against both parents, that “The Division became aware and confirmed that Mr. Irish associated with a militia known as the Oath Keepers.” Yes, there are other, very serious allegations. Out of respect for the privacy of the parents, we will not publish the affidavit. We will leave that to Mr. Irish. But please do remember that allegations do not equal facts -- they are merely allegations (and in my experience as a criminal defense lawyer in small town Montana I saw many allegations that proved to be false).

But an even more fundamental point is that regardless of the other allegations, it is utterly unconstitutional for government agencies to list Mr. Irish’s association with Oath Keepers in an affidavit in support of a child abuse order to remove his daughter from his custody. Talk about chilling speech! If this is allowed to continue, it will chill the speech of not just Mr. Irish, but all Oath Keepers and it will serve as the camel under the tent for other associations being considered too risky for parents to dare. Thus, it serves to chill the speech of all of us, in any group we belong to that “officials” may not approve of. Don’t you dare associate with such and such group, or you could be on “the list” and then child protective services might come take your kids.

Note that there is no allegation that Oath Keepers is a criminal organization or that Mr. Irish, in the context of his association with Oath Keepers, is committing any crime. We are not advocating or planning imminent violence, which is the established line where free speech ends and criminal behavior begins (See Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969), which, as Wikipedia notes, “held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless it is directed to inciting and likely to incite imminent lawless action. In particular, it overruled Ohio’s criminal syndicalism statute, because that statute broadly prohibited the mere advocacy of violence.” We don’t even advocate that the current serving use violence of any kind, let alone imminent violence. We ask them to merely stand down.

Neither is Oath Keepers a militia, for that matter. However, EVEN IF WE WERE, that also would not be a valid reason to take someone’s child away. PRIVATE MILITIAS, JUST LIKE OTHER VOLUNTARY ASSOCIATIONS, ARE NOT ILLEGAL, and it is not a crime to associate with them. To the contrary, we have an absolute right, won by the blood of patriots, and protected by our First Amendment, to freely associate with each other as we damn well please so long as we are not advocating or planning imminent violence or directly harming our children (and no, teaching them “thought crime” like “All men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,” or that those who swear an oath should keep it, does not count -- at least not yet). A parent associating with a militia is not engaged in child endangerment and is not evidence of child endangerment (despite the shrill screeching of people such as Mark Potock of the SPLC, who desperately wants it to be so). Just recently a Time Magazine article described how the reporter visited the happy home of a militia member and his family -- and those kids are still at home, where they belong, as is the case with many th0usands of children across this country who have parents who “associate” with private militias and all manner of other non-criminal groups. You had damn well better defend the rights of those parents to freely associate in their militias and keep their kids while doing so.

You can bet that if you let such an association be listed as grounds for taking children from their parents that it won’t only be militia folks who have their rights violated. Homeschoolers, evangelical Christians, gun owners, etc. will also be on the hit list. Just wait. Remember Pastor Niemöller’s timeless warning:

They came first for the Communists,
    and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.
    Then they came for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.

A modern version might read like this:

They came first for the militia members,
    and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a militia member.
    Then they came for the three percenters,
    and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a three percenter.
    Then they came for the Oath Keepers,
    and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t an Oath Keeper.
    Then they came for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.

So, defend the right of even the most hardcore militia members to freely associate without that right being chilled and suppressed by means of the threat of taking their kids.

But this particular listing of an association with Oath Keepers as one of the reasons for taking a child from her parents is all the more absurd, taking it to a whole other level of Alice in Wonderland “down is up” and up is down,” when you consider that a significant percentage of the members of Oath Keepers are current serving police, fire-fighters, and military personnel. Three of our state chapter presidents are current serving police officers. How can “associating” with such fine men and women who are daily trusted with tremendous power and responsibility constitute evidence of child endangerment? How can it be that a New Hampshire police department can consider someone associating with other current serving police officers as evidence of child abuse and endangerment? Only in the bizzaro world of the SPLC are public servants who commit to simply following the law, keeping their oaths by refusing to violate your rights ,considered “extreme” and “dangerous.”

This is the camel’s nose under the tent. We need to fight even this one instance of such a violation of the right to associate and to peaceably assemble, and we need to push back against the new world of thought crime that is being relentlessly pushed upon us. If this listing of mere association with Oath Keepers is allowed to be used in this case to justify, even in part, removing a newborn from the custody of her parents, with nothing else alleged about Oath Keepers except that the father “is associated” with this organization, that will have a sweeping chilling effect on the First Amendment protected rights of freedom of speech, peaceable assembly, association, and petition for redress of grievances for all of us -- and it will only be the beginning.

OK, now it is TIME TO PUSH BACK -- peaceably, of course, using our voices and pens. Let the officials in question know that you strongly oppose their listing of an association with Oath Keepers as one of the reasons for taking this child. Let them know you insist that they remove that “reason” from the affidavit and issue a public retraction, and until they do so, they will hear from all of us, and also from our legal counsel. And we won’t relent until they respect our First Amendment protected rights of free speech and association and cease and desist this chilling of those rights. Be professional, but firm. Make them hear you.
    Stewart Rhodes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital

This is a sad thing indeed.....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

there has to be more to the story than this, doesn't add up imo

Thanks

Explain?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Is the Department of Homeland Security Targeting "Oath Keepers"

Friday, 08 October 2010 08:40 Right Side News

Disturbing news, and questions arise from the news of a newborn baby being seized and taken from the baby's parents, and the affadavit states the affiliation of the father, John Irish to the group "Oath Keepers".

Setting a chilling precedent and in a manner befitting the most tyrannical of regimes, the government seized a newborn baby girl today because the father has associated with the lawful, pro-peace, pro-constitution, anti-violence Oath Keepers.

What makes this particularly scary is exactly that, that the ‘Oath Keepers’ is a peaceful, pro-rule of law organization which supports serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters and reminds them of their oath to the Constitution of the United States in a direct and open manner.

This move is further proof of the radicalization of the government agents and their fear of the Constitution and the rule of law. Why else would they be going after peaceful law abiding citizens who have are not charged with a crime ,and go to the extend of breaking apart the family bonds.

The father, Jonathan Irish, has helped organize meetings around his home town in New Hampshire for over a year, but as far as we are aware is not an official part of the organization. His facebook page shows that he has an interest in the Constitution, the second amendment, the bill of rights, martial arts, guns, the Dukes of Hazard, and the bible. All thoroughly American interests. The mother Stephanie Janvrin fits the all American girl part; Her profile shows two beautiful toddlers at her household and show pictures of a most normal family. She is 22 years old, has two gorgeous toddlers, and a thoroughly normal facebook profile:

We spoke with one of their close friends today who told us that the family had been dutifully saving all their pennies for the arrival of baby Cheyenne, and that they were ecstatic at the birth and said that she was born a beautiful and healthy baby, and that the family was in shock the government could take away a baby from their family at less than 24 hours of age, when it needs her mother the most.

Baby Cheyenne was taken away at Concord Hospital by the so called Department of Health and Human Services, and the Division for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF).

This story was broken by George Hemminger, who is seen struggling with pain as he interviews Jonathan, baby’s Cheyenne father:

“We told them that we wanted the have the pediatrician come check out the baby so that we could get discharged and go home… Well the director of security comes in with the head nurse and say “No we are going to take the baby to the nursery to have the pediatrician check her out so you guys can go home” They lied to us! They got us to allow them to take our daughter under false pretenses, as a matter of fact, we didn’t even have a choice. I tried to stop them and tell them to bring the doctor in the room and they refused to, and they just wheeled our daughter out… I see three different individuals wearing suits and I saw detective badges…. I am like… Who are they!? And she says DCYF which is Division of Child Youth and Family Services. Next thing you know three uniform patrolmen and I think 3 or 4 detectives… … and proceeded to tell me that they are taking my daughter. My fiance didn’t even get any time to bond with the baby.

They came in and stole our child! In the affidavit… … it says that they know I have affiliations… … a militia known as the Oath Keepers. And first of all, I don’t know if you know anything about Oath Keepers, but they are a far, far cry from a militia. As a matter of fact the Oath Keepers frown upon any kind of uprising, I guess you can say, which is what a militia could be… …Tried to refuse to allow me to give my daughter a hug and a kiss… got to spend a few minutes with my daughter and then we were told to leave…”

The affidavit said “… the Division became aware and confirmed that Mr. Irish associated with a militia known as the “Oath Keepers”…” It was in forms from the DHHS and DCYF and signed by “Child Protective Service Worker” Dana Bicford on October 7th at 11:57AM.

If we in this “Free Country” are not free to associate with lawful and peaceful open organizations, or have to fear what many have termed “abduction” of our newborns if we do, who are we free to associate with or to do?! What government department is going to list the allowed organizations if we are not to have our children taken away from us?

Where does it stop; are we free to visit with the Boy Scouts?

Jonathan Irish and Stephanie are at home with the kids. Neither has been charged with a crime at the time of this writing and none are expected. We at the Daily Tea Party ask them to remain strong and to know that the Freedom Movement community stands with them during this difficult period. Everything will be alright, this perversion of justice can not last long once the light of truth and media scrutiny is shined.

Here is the statement from Oath Keepers:
    We are doing all we can to confirm and document this. But if is IS accurate, and a newborn child was ripped from her mother’s arms because the parents were “associated” with Oath Keepers by simply being members of our online ning discussion forum, then this is a grave crossing of a very serious line, and is utterly intolerable. It cannot be done. It cannot be allowed to stand.

If it is true, then I will do all in my power to stop it. We will pull out all the stops, every lawful means of seeing that this child is returned to her parents and that all persons responsible are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. There can be no freedom of speech, no freedom of association, no freedom to even open your mouth and “speak truth to power,” no freedom AT ALL, if your children can be black bagged and stolen from you because of your political speech and associations — because you simply dare to express your love of country, and dare to express your solidarity and fellowship with other citizens and with active duty and retired military and police who simply pledge to honor their oath and obey the Constitution. It was to prevent just such outrageous content based persecution of political dissidents that our First Amendment was written.

If true, then this is as bad, and in fact worse, than any of the violations of liberty that our Declaration of Independence lists as the reasons for our forefathers taking up arms in our Revolution and for separating from England. We no longer have freedom at all if this is allowed to be done.

And we will not let it stand.

Stewart Rhodes

Founder of Oath Keepers

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

The Affidavit

[IMG]http://static.********.com/2010/10/i/article-images/irishdoc.jpg[/IMG]

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Ok, New Guy... There's the Affidavit.

So... seems to me that's all there is to it.

If there is more to the story, then that part of the story seems to be missing.

I sat on a jury for a "concealed weapons" charge once.

The man was in legal possession of a weapon. It was loaded and on his front seat. He had an altercation with another carload of "young men" (who I found out AFTER the trial were gang members...)

He was stopped by the cops (whom he called) and when he leaned forward to grab paperwork for the cop, his jacket (one of those slippery ski jackets which had been behind him) slid off the seat covering the weapon... which the cop already KNEW was on the seat.

He charged him with a concealed weapon, arrested him and he had to go to court.

We had six people sit on the jury - all of us voted not guilty except one young girl who kept saying "he had an evil gun in his possession, he must be guilty!"

sigh.

I was the foreman for the jury and I had to asked the judge for directions - based on the fact we had only a "consensus" and not a 100% voting not guilty. He "understood" my situation but advised me to confer with the rest until we came to a conclusion.. haha
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Vector... where's the rest?

I see you pulled that off ********... find the rest of the affidavit please. Number 8 etc.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

October 8th, 2010

It’s Official: Southern Poverty Law Center Is Now Part of DHS

As the below document makes clear, Southern Poverty Law Center is Now Officially Part of DHS. The CEO of SPLC now sits on the DHS “Working Group on Countering Violent Extremism” along with the leaders of other So-called Non Government Organizations (but can we really call them such now that they are part of the government?) And select “law enforcement” officers such as the Clark County Nevada Sheriff, Doug Gillespie. What does the working group do?

Make recommendations on training and how to use all of the local resources – police, social services, media, NGO’s, you name it – to fight “extremism. So, now no need to file a FOIA request to discover that SPLC is writing the reports naming constitutionalists as possible terrorists. Now it is in your face and the mask is off.

When you read the below document, keep in mind the current ordeal of the Irish family where their newborn baby was taken based on an affidavit that notes the father’s “association with a militia group known as Oath Keepers.”. Pay attention to who sits on this panel (see pages 26-30), to who DOESN’T, how they plan on reaching DHS tentacles down into every level of society, and how they talk overtly about the need to utilize local SOCIAL WELFARE and MENTAL HEALTH agencies to counter “violent extremism.”. In other words, what is now being done to the Irish family will be done all over.

This is the overt politicization of DHS, to use it against political enemies I will post more on this later today.

Stewart Rhodes

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

I am going to need more info before I even begin to assume what's going on. Did the docs find drugs in her blood? Did the dad show up drunk? There are a million reasons why the "state" or "fed" could take your child at child birth. Not saying these two are instantly guilty either. But I will keep my eye on this because these are the types of things I see coming if some highly regarded figure doesn't come out and say something about it (beck does not qualify as a highly regarded figure).

*edit*
    my apologies for not reading the entire freaking thing. they indeed had their child taken from them for reasons other than firearm possession and being part of the oath keepers. but this does add a twist to the story. the government has found a loop hole to demoralize those that don't agree with them...we will take your child. all they need to do is find some unethical connection between you and some "other" group and dig up some old convictions and wallah, instant control. anyway, food for thought.
    Last edited by zenbudda; October 10th, 2010 at 12:55.

Thanks

Here's the problem.

I have a son who... for lack of a better word is not a very good son. He's the eldest. He's been in trouble all his life. Since he was 14 he started running away. He has broken the law. I almost lost MY clearance because of him and his bullshit.

He's in jail. Been there a long time - six years I guess now, I don't speak to him except to say "Happy Birthday" once a year. He was born on my birthday (5 Aug) and the day my wife an I were married (A YEAR LATER! Stop snickering!)

When he was going to get out two years back - they wanted to send him to my house. I told them "Sure".

They said "You have weapons in your home, therefore you have to get rid of all your weapons if you want him out of jail"

I said, "What? Who the fuck do you think you are? I don't care if he gets out of jail - and I am not getting rid of my guns for anyone!"

"Not even your son?"

"Especially NOT for my son. Don't try to contrive to make me 'get rid of weapons'. They are locked in a safe and he won't have access to them. Pound sand. If you don't let him out, IT'S ON YOU, NOT ME."

He's still sitting there. He hasn't a job to go to, a home, a life and I still have my guns.

So tell me, why I should worry about someone taking my kids again?

Seriously... children are the future. If we allow the government to "take them" then they become wards of the state and they are brainwashed the way "They" (and let's be clear here, WE are NOT talking about the government, we're talking about the petty shit heads that run places like Social Services) will train them to hate you and your family, and everyone that isn't "like them".

I bring up my son because he's a "failure of the system". He had a good home, great parents (of course we were great!). He was our first born, and yet the school system did EVERYTHING they could possibly do to piss us off and screw up his brain.

We finally tried taking him out of school to home school him... that was the last straw for him - and me. We parted ways when he was about 16. Since then he got married, had three kids with his ex wife, whom I rarely get to see (she's a loser worse than him).

Our children ARE the future. And you know what? If there is a mommy and a daddy, then the government and everyone else needs to fucking butt the hell out and leave them alone and if dad or mom decide a kid needs a boot up their ass once in awhile the world would be a hell of a lot better off with a cowed kid working in the field and going to school to LEARN the Three Rs and staying out of trouble and gangs.

Instead we have government interference, men who can't MAN UP and gangs made up of thug kids because they don't have a father influence.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Domestic violence is what is being claimed. The government stepped in to protect the baby because the father may harm the baby since there is a long list of reporting against Johnathan Irish. Because things could be dangerous for the baby, the baby was seized for her protection. This has nothing to do with Oath Keepers. Not at all.

Yet there are 2 other young children by the mother. The other 2 little ones, well...
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

Domestic violence is an EXCUSE. It always IS an excuse. While I DO realize there are women and men who both suffer at the hands of their spouses, putting "domestic abuse" down almost ALWAYS is an excuse.

The rules are written so that even an accusation can cause someone who is innocent to be arrested and suffer the consequences that a guilty person should suffer.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Yes, I agree. This seems appropriate here, and by the way, this courageous woman and her husband were recently shot dead...

Last edited by Aplomb; October 13th, 2010 at 18:27.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

Who are you talking about shot dead?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Part 2 of 2:

Thanks

Are there images there or something? Cuz I'm lost
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

2 YouTube vids.

Thanks

Nope. I don't see them at work.

I wish people wouldn't use that crap.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information