Thread: Force by a state is no remedy... food for thought

Thanks

Default Force by a state is no remedy... food for thought

"The authority of a state can neither be measured nor justified by the material force which it has at its command to enforce obedience. Force is no remedy, nor can it win the loyalty of the governed. Without loyalty the exercise of authority is hindered, confined, rendered ineffective. It makes no difference in the final issue whether power is exercised by a king or by the citizens themselves; for, if it is exercised unworthily, it casts a blight on the flower of loyalty, which is essential to the full exercise of authority. Briefly, it may be said that the State is an ethical institution, and while material force is needed, yet the exercise of that force is conditioned by the fact that it must always be exercised for the good of the community, and in the interests of the higher values. Authority and loyalty must go hand in hand in every State which is worthy of the name." (From Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, Part 3, written by James Hastings, and edited John A. Selbie: pp. 251-252).
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Re: Force by a state is no remedy... food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    "Force is no remedy, nor can it win the loyalty of the governed.
    I'm thinking this will be readily apparent when (and if) they actually FORCE people to buy Obamacare.

Neal Boortz briefly touched on that this morning.

He said (paraphrased), "First they'll order you to buy health care, then when you don't they'll fine you. When you don't pay the fine they'll place a lien on your house, and when you don't pay that they'll pull out the guns. Does anyone think they won't use guns on you?"

Thanks

"First they'll order you to buy health care, then when you don't they'll fine you. When you don't pay the fine they'll place a lien on your house, and when you don't pay that they'll pull out the guns. Does anyone think they won't use guns on you?"
    This is my issue with all these government edicts. They ARE at the point of a gun. This is what really really frosts me about property taxes. If you don't pay them, they will fine you, if you don't pay the fine, they will arrest you and jail you, if you resist they will kill you.

I don't understand how it is that the government came to own everything. When did this happen? How is it they can force you off the land you paid for? They didn't pay anything for it, you did, yet they have ultimate say on how the land is to be used? This world is upside down and fucked up.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

This world is upside down and fucked up.
    you got that shit right.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    This is my issue with all these government edicts. They ARE at the point of a gun. This is what really really frosts me about property taxes. If you don't pay them, they will fine you, if you don't pay the fine, they will arrest you and jail you, if you resist they will kill you.

I don't understand how it is that the government came to own everything. When did this happen? How is it they can force you off the land you paid for? They didn't pay anything for it, you did, yet they have ultimate say on how the land is to be used? This world is upside down and fucked up.
    Great post.

Thread Information