Thread: Dozens Report UFO Over New York City

Thanks

Default Dozens Report UFO Over New York City

Dozens Report UFO Over New York City

By FRANK ROSARIO
    Published October 14, 2010
    | New York Post

Has Chelsea become so trendy even Martians are scouting for co-ops?

A silvery vision of a dozen balloon-like dots hovering in yesterday's clear-blue sky over West 23rd Street in Manhattan had thousands speculating the mysterious objects might be UFOs.

Callers began phoning the NYPD and Federal Aviation Administration at 1:30 p.m. with reports of the strange, silver objects high in the sky.

"Some people saw something described as yellow with blue lights surrounding it," said FAA spokesman Jim Peters. He added that if the objects were weather balloons -- as some suggested -- his agency had no prior notification they'd be launched.

Witness Daniel Calhoun, 52, admitted, "Common sense says it wasn't a UFO. Common sense says it was a plane or a balloon, but this thing stopped everyone in the street for two blocks. Any New Yorker will tell you, that alone is extraordinary."

Pete Bryant, 32, said, "I saw five or six lights shining in the sky. There was no way that thing was a balloon.

"There was something weird about it. Light just doesn't reflect off balloons like that. "If Martians were to land anywhere, New York is a much better location than some backwoods town in the Midwest."

Tim Powell, 28, described the objects as "the most bizarre thing I've ever seen."

"It looked like a jellyfish made of lights that just hovered in the sky like it wanted to be seen," he said. "I was half expecting the aliens to beam down and introduce themselves."

And Richard Molina, 42, compared what he saw to the "creatures from 'Predator.' "

"It freaked me out. It was a real Superman moment, too," he said.

"Everyone looked up in the sky. It really was an event."

Read more at the New York Post.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Dozens Report UFO Over New York City

These must be the UFOs that Norad guy was claiming to hover over major cities on October 13. They look striking like Silver Mylar balloons. That's probably just the disguise.
    Last edited by Malsua; October 15th, 2010 at 15:54.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

That's probably just the disguise.
    /chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Kids Behind UFO Sightings Over Manhattan

By Chuck Bennett
    Published October 15, 2010
    | New York Post

Atomische / Thomas Giebel

The Chelsea UFO theories have been deflated.
    The mysterious objects that hovered over West 23rd Street on Wednesday were almost certainly errant party balloons.

And they came not from Mars, but Mount Vernon.

"It was just a freak thing. Frankly, I'm shocked by it," said Angela Freeman, head of the Milestone School in the Westchester suburb, where the cluster of balloons was inadvertently launched.

"The kids had an engagement party for a teacher, and a mother brought four dozen balloons, and she's coming through the door. It is very windy in Mount Vernon. Suddenly, 12 of the balloons let loose."

The cluster of balloons meant for language-arts teacher Andrea Craparo went skyward at around 1 p.m. The first "UFO" sighting was at about 1:30 p.m. When Freeman heard the news, she realized the "UFO" frenzy that brought parts of Chelsea to a dead halt were her balloons.

"It makes sense. The balloon just went right down the West Side," she said. The sightings prompted several calls to 911, according to the NYPD.

National Weather Service meteorologist Brian Ciemnecki said wind conditions could have easily taken the cluster of silver and white balloons on that very course over Manhattan.

Even before Freeman came forward, veteran UFO-ologists were skeptical.

"It had the flavor of a cluster of balloons, in my opinion," said Peter Davenport, director of the National UFO Reporting Center, a private research group based in Washington, DC.

Read more at the New York Post.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Strange days indeed,
    The pictures I saw appeared to be Mylar Ballons, I suppose city dwellers are easily fooled.
    "there's a UFO over New York, and I ain"t to surprised"
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thread Information