Thread: Frank Miller

Thanks

Default Frank Miller

Frank Miller, one of my favorite graphic Artists (300, Sin City, Batman: The Dark Knight) has just become even more favorite. While waiting for a teleconference to start I was surfing and ran across this gem from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Miller_(comics

Political stance

Miller at The X-Files: I Want to Believe premiere

On January 24, 2007, in an interview with National Public Radio, Miller talked about his political views. On the issues of the second Iraq war and the War on Terrorism, he said:
    It seems to me quite obvious that our country and the entire Western World is up against an existential force that knows exactly what it wants ... and we're behaving like a collapsing empire.
    For some reason, nobody seems to be talking about who we're up against, and the sixth-century barbarism that they actually represent. These people saw people's heads off. They enslave women, they genitally mutilate their daughters, they do not behave by any cultural norms that are sensible to us. I’m speaking into a microphone that never could have been a product of their culture, and I'm living in a city where 3000 of my neighbors were killed by thieves of airplanes they never could have built.
    Nobody questions why we, after Pearl Harbor, attacked Nazi Germany. It was because we were taking on a form of global fascism, we're doing the same thing now. [20][21]

1. ^ "Writers, Artists Describe State of the Union". Talk of the Nation (NPR). January 24, 2007. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7002481.
    2. ^ Joshua Zader (March 10, 2007). "NPR Interview with 300’s Frank Miller". The Atlasphere. http://www.theatlasphere.com/metablog/612.php.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Frank Miller

I'm not a huge comic reader but I've loved every one of his movies, especially Sin City. Cool to learn he is someone who "gets it".

Thanks

Frank Miller decided to weigh in on the OWS fools...

Frank Miller: Anarchy
    November 7, 2011

Everybody’s been too damn polite about this nonsense:

The “Occupy” movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. “Occupy” is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America.

“Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

This is no popular uprising. This is garbage. And goodness knows they’re spewing their garbage – both politically and physically – every which way they can find.

Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy.

Maybe, between bouts of self-pity and all the other tasty tidbits of narcissism you’ve been served up in your sheltered, comfy little worlds, you’ve heard terms like al-Qaeda and Islamicism.

And this enemy of mine — not of yours, apparently - must be getting a dark chuckle, if not an outright horselaugh - out of your vain, childish, self-destructive spectacle.

In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas’ basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.

Or better yet, enlist for the real thing. Maybe our military could whip some of you into shape.

They might not let you babies keep your iPhones, though. Try to soldier on.

Schmucks.

FM

Thanks

HAHAHAHA! He doesn't mince any words, does he?

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Kinda like his style.

Thanks

I'm not really a fan of graphic novels, but I have very much enjoyed some of the movies based on said novels. 300 and Watchmen were very cool imho. It is very nice to see someone in Hollywierd that doesn't carry the liberal water, its refreshing.

Thanks

In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas’ basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I live in MY basement, not "mamas" basement.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I live in MY basement, not "mamas" basement.
    I live in MY basement as well

Thanks

I don't have a basement. I feel so excluded...

Thanks

In Ohio, in Tornado alley... you have no basement.

You like to live life dangerously....
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

There's a chameleon living in our basement.

Thread Information