Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Missile Launch Seen Off California Coast

Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Missile Launch Seen Off California Coast

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    Stop the toner shipments but a mysterious missile launch is OK?
    ROTFLMAO!

Yeah, there is that... lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

We have been told it is not the USN. It was not a foreign government.

Wow. And there is no threat.

Ok.... US Contractor fucked up somewhere, big time.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Pentagon report coming up...

Thanks

Ok. that shot is looking directly south Ryan. I was wrong on that. The video makes it difficult to tell.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Private. Mistake? Trace Gallagher from FNC lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Private. Mistake? Trace Gallagher from FNC lol
    Not to worry folks, it was just Robert Downey Jr.!

Thanks

Ohhh! My hero!!! lol
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Not a launch by a foreign nation. No threat to our nation. No pre-test sea or air clearances. A very large swath of our Military was entirely unaware of what this was and talked about it. ICBMs do not accidentally "oops" launch.
    Right so far.....

Then WHY, if there was top secret test of a new missile or system, would we do it so close to a major population area to be seen by millions?
    Well, all of them are somewhat classified. Times, missions, etc. But then we brag about it after the fact. And we don't usually test new missiles quite in this way. We do however, test shooting them down. We do launch from say, Vandenberg.

The puzzle pieces are just not fitting quite together.
    Nope. I should probably shut up though. I honestly don't know what this was and my speculation might hit something I shouldn't talk about.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aplomb View Post
    Ohhh! My hero!!! lol
    your hero is Robert D. Jr? Oh... Iron Man.

NM
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

OMG

what if this was Superman?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I haven't had Rush on but someone said he was talking about this in relation to how a Chinese General said it would be easy to take out LA with a sub launched missile. Sorry, that's all I've got, hearsay.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Was Last Night's Launch Of A "Rogue" Missile A Warning To Asia?

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 11/09/2010 12:50 -0500

Many questions are swirling over last night's launch of a rogue rocket, which it appears was a submarine launched ICBM from the Pacific, 35 miles west of Los Angeles. So far pretty much everyone has denied any involvement, and as per the NYPost, "according to Fox News, NORAD and NORTHCOM would only say they were aware of the launch" even as "a navy spokesperson previously told KCBS that no navy activity was reported in the region."

Yet the closest approximation for what the reason for the launch may have been comes from Robert Ellsworth, former defense secretary: "On viewing the footage, former deputy defense secretary Robert Ellsworth speculated on KCBS that the launch could be a show of military muscle. "It could be a test-firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine ... to demonstrate, mainly to Asia, that we can do that," Ellsworth said." And China has not even sold and US bonds yet. So did China Dagong in turn retaliate earlier by downgrading the US? At this point we can only hope that the Chairman can confine his FX war to Forex terminals, without actually involving a few strategically placed mushroom clouds.

Update: Karl Denninger muses whether the missile was even an American one:

What if this wasn't one of ours?

Who else has this capability? China? Russia? Is this some sort of warning to Obama and/or Bernanke?

Where was it launched from?

Sea-launched, as near as we can tell - but surface or submarine?

Given the commercial and recreational vessel traffic in that area, if this was ship-launched someone should have seen the launching vessel. Now, more than 12 hours later, there are no reports of anyone having it on radar. Note that private vessel radars are quite-capable of resolving a ship large enough to launch something like this from the distance to the horizon. My ship's radar was quite-capable of resolving a vessel of this size if low to the water in the 10-12 mile range (curvature of the earth) and if the vessel had significant superstructure above the water, even further. If this thing was submarine launched then it gets even more interesting.

Why the silence?

I find it very unlikely this was one of ours - unless it was a mistake. An intentional launch - even of a missile with a dummy "warhead" - this close to LA? No way. A malfunction could have sent that thing right into downtown before it could be destroyed, and even unarmed it would do a hell of a lot of damage. For this reason I do not believe this was an intentional US test.

Where were the NOTAMs if this was ours?

Missing, that's where. Multiple reports now that there were NO notices posted for aviators. No way in hell our military intentionally launches a missile without posting NOTAMs for the civilian air system before it happens. This means it either wasn't ours, or wasn't intentionally launched.

Where are the people who heard the notices on VHF Marine Radios and others?

I live less than 5 miles from Eglin AFB. They run military exercises all the time out in the gulf. I boat in the gulf. There are not only NOTAMs posted all the time on their activity, but there are also notices posted for mariners when they intend to do things out in the deep blue sea.

The military comes up on VHF regularly and announces their intentions - and if you get too close by accident they are rather explicit in their warnings to you as well.

I have heard these warnings and notices dozens of times. The point is this: if this was a military exercise there would be hundreds if not thousands of mariners who would have heard about it, and it would have been pointed out by now in the media.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Hearsay or heresy?

/chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

I bet Savage will be all over this on the way home.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

He'd better be! It's right in his backyard.

Thanks

Live report from Pentagon in 15.

Thanks

Ok, so the speculation is this was indeed a US launched weapons system to warn China not to fuck with us, because regardless of their ability to drain us dry with Bonds, we can nuke them til they glow....

Remember this... we have lots of assets. Those are things like the internet, power grid, oil reserves, infrastructure to name a few. Our financial institutions are indeed a part of our economy and our economy is a prime reason to go to war believe it or not.

So - maybe these guys are actually on to something, and we're not saying it was us because we wanted to make a point without being overt.

Though, I would think they would have made the launch closer to Hawaii or something.....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Man... I have to pee....

I've not moved in three hours. I'll be back.

LOL!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ok, I've watched the video 6-7 times now. The sun was SW and the video was shot looking almost directly south south east.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Mystery 'missile' launch near L.A. no threat to national security, government officials say [Updated]

November 9, 2010 | 9:49 am

Military and aviation officials said Tuesday they don't know who may have launched a mysterious object spotted in the sky late Monday off the Southern California coast, but noted that whatever the projectile was, it did not pose a threat to national security.

A KCBS news helicopter spotted what appeared to be a missile traveling through the sky northwest of Catalina Island, about 35 miles west of Los Angeles.

Video posted online by the television station showed a luminous point hurtling through the sky followed by a long contrail.

Officials with the Defense Department, the Navy and the Air Force said they did not have any details on the object or its launch site. Pentagon officials said that initial indications were that the military was not involved.

"We are aware of the unexplained contrail reported off the coast of Southern California yesterday evening," according to a statement Tuesday from the North American Aerospace Defense Command and the U.S. Northern Command, which operates the U.S. and Canadian missile warning system. "At this time, we are unable to provide specific details but we are working to determine the exact nature of this event.

"We can confirm that there is no indication of any threat to our nation and we will provide more information as it becomes available," the statement said.

The Federal Aviation Administration didn't approve any commercial space launches in the area Monday, spokesman Ian Gregor said Tuesday.

"We're looking into this," he said.

[Updated at 9:55 a.m.: Naval Base Ventura County spokeswoman Teri Reid said Tuesday that the contrail seen off the Southern California coast on Monday did not originate at Naval Air Station Point Mugu.

"It didn't happen here," she said. "There was no firing on the range yesterday."
    Nor did it come from Vandenberg Air Force Base, officials there said, adding that the facility's last launch was to put a satellite into orbit on Friday.]
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information