Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Missile Launch Seen Off California Coast

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Missile Launch Seen Off California Coast

Just popped in to catch up on everything new posted and then back to work for me...

That this is now more than 24 hours and no definitive answer is, to me, downright frightening. We thought we got caught flatfooted on 9/11. When the balloon goes up, it will make that look like a walk in the park.

If this was a test, I'd imagine "they" would say so. If it was a secret test, why perform it so close to the shore?

Thanks

Ok.. I'm really tired tonight... but, I can give you guys that want to take a shot at this some information.

If you know the angle of a distant object, you can estiamte (usually with in inches) it's height.

Unfortunately, we don't have any precise information on the missile. We weren't in the chopper and can't for certain see the angle that it moved in a specific amount of time.

Let me give some formulas and maybe this crap will come back to me tomorrow.

Distance off in NM = ( object height * .566 )/ corrected angle in minutes

(we know the object was very close to 35 miles from the chopper. We can see it move on the video quickly, so knowing the angle it traveled in degrees sahould give us the actual 'height' or distance traveled in a time period of say 1 second or minute).

velocity is a function of time, speed and distance traveled. The easy way is:

Speed = Distance * speed (eg 1 mile in one minute = 1mile * 60seconds or 60 mph)

So if we figure out the distance traveled by knowing the degrees traveled based on a distance of 35 miles (say it traveled about 5-6 arc seconds in 1 second) and we know that distance (height in this case) we should be able to estimate the approximate speed.

However, having a good eye for such things, having watched a thousand space launches in my life, I can say with "surety" that the object was traveling at somewhere between 2000-3000 miles per hour. Thats a guess.

An ICBM can travel at 15,000 mph upon reaching its maximum velocity. That looked to be 10k - 18k feet above sea level guessing from the cloud formations and background. That means it wasn't up to speed, but it is OBVIOUS from the video that the fires were burning BRIGHTLY.

The still photo doesn't show it, the video DOES.

Anyone claiming this was a plane is not only full of shit, he's LYING.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Just popped in to catch up on everything new posted and then back to work for me...

That this is now more than 24 hours and no definitive answer is, to me, downright frightening. We thought we got caught flatfooted on 9/11. When the balloon goes up, it will make that look like a walk in the park.

If this was a test, I'd imagine "they" would say so. If it was a secret test, why perform it so close to the shore?

i'm not at work, I am going to speak freely.

That was no "secret test". I know it wasn't. It MIGHT have been a test of a missile, but not missile defense. WE didn't know it happened til this morning. "We" probably WATCHED IT take off and alerted everyone when it turned west. WE probably had no clue it was going to happen (WE being the MDA).

Some of us actually think it was the Japanese at this point - and I'm sticking with that bcause no one is "saying shit". That means it was a mistake or something and everyone is freaking the fuck out, we can't CLAIM the truth because it will give a lot away.

I can't say any of that is factual but my previous message up there, while rambling is on the money when it comes to the facts. SOMEONE can look at video over, know based on the location of the chopper and the ground clutter, yesterdays Doppler weather radar (showing the sky and clouds) and can abs0olutely come up with a good answer on the calculation of the speed of that craft.

if it was a plane and an optical illusion, the fucking plane will be going 300-400 knots. That object was going WAY FASTER than that by my own old eyes having watched so many videos of rockets over the years. Damn the lies.

it was a foreign government who has had a dressing down. We know who did it and why already.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ifornia_n.html

That video shows without a doubt, the speed that object is moving, and that it is a ROCKET and not a fucking plane. I'd stake my entire reputation on it. (Not that I know "jack shit".... but you know....)

I'm getting some more rum, fuck this shit. If I wake up dead, I'll be pissed.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

i do not see a single video of the thing moving.

Thanks

How the hell can this happen, in this day and age, without knowing who or why? This is a fucking joke and indicative of this administration.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    This is a fucking joke and indicative of this administration.
    No. OK, this administration sucks, but if there's failure at this level it has nothing to do with just the last 2 years. Policies and procedures, systems and administrations have been in place and running far beyond just the last two years. Blame Obama for what he is truely responsible for, but he's not tha fall guy for every failure far reaching beyond him. Just like Bush wasn't either.

Thanks

"Some of us actually think it was the Japanese at this point"

That's the strangest thing i've heard all day... makes sense though.
    Ever see the anime movie "The Silent Service"?

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Hell with the missile; she's gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Last edited by Backstop; November 10th, 2010 at 03:25.

Thanks

Maybe an allied nation doing a test within our water, with our go ahead but otherwise couldn't do this sort of thing in international waters much less get permissions for such a thing especially if it isn't supposed to have this tech in the first place. I don't know, serious long winded guess there. Not sure what is required of a country to formally do such a thing if one has a need??? So thats why I was thinking an allied country that isn't supposed to have these things and doesn't want it's enemies to know it has them outright?

Thanks

20 years from now and a few hundred Freedom of Information requests later we will find out that a US sub fired the missile to shoot down:
    a)a UFO
    b)terrorist missile
    c)rogue Russian projectile
    d)China launched object
    ...e)a flying spaghetti monster

My money is on E

Thanks

BTW, does anyone know where the X-37B is right now? Possible that someone tried to shoot it down?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Some of us actually think it was the Japanese at this point - and I'm sticking with that bcause no one is "saying shit". That means it was a mistake or something and everyone is freaking the fuck out, we can't CLAIM the truth because it will give a lot away.
    Rick,
    Can you elaborate on your opinion of it being Japanese?

For instance: SLBM or ICBM/IRBM? Test with our blessing or without?

Thanks

An information filled post from an ARFCOMmer
    The video shows a solid fuel ballistic missile in the boost phase. This missile was launched from either a submarine (submerged or not...) or a surface platform, possibly a barge or decommissioned amphibious ship.

There is a lot of exhaust residue which usually means the motor fuel consists of lots of aluminized powder.

The missile trajectory is relatively low. This indicates a short range ballistic missile or a longer range missile that is using trajectory shaping to avoid defensive systems or remain within the boundaries of the range at PMTC.

There is evidence of vehicle spinning along the thrust axis. This is a fairly common stabilization technique used in short range and some medium range ballistic missiles. Lance used it. It also may be an induced spin to bleed off energy to remain within the range.

The mission might have been designed to test/gather empirical sensor data on a threat ballistic missile system.

The mission might have included tracking or even a missile engagement by one of our BMD defensive missile systems.

Every air search radar within line of sight detected and tracked this vehicle. To say otherwise is a lie.

It may very well have been a test of a friendly foreign missile...or a BMD system.

The STRATCOM and NORTHCOM are lying if they say they know nothing, as is the MDA. This missile launch triggered the entire BMDS detection and tracking system or it isn't worth the billions of dollars sunk into it. To deny such and expect it to fly depends on the inherent ignorance of the sheeple.

99.99% of all members of the DoD know absolutely nothing of this mission. Think plausible deniability. The Pentagon PAO probably does not have a clue. Those read in aren't talking.

I have no clue as to the ground truth...and I don't care. Whatever it was, it serves the defense of the United States or our allies...maybe both.

It is not a plane nor a weather balloon nor any other silly thing like that. It is a missile.

Thanks

Okay, I think I'm mostly current on the latest chatter about this. Still nothing definitive from anyone. Wow...

One interesting observation is that Russia and China have been absolutely silent on this.

Thanks

Just saw on 'Good Morning America' that "experts" confirmed that it was a plane. The whole comment on the subject was maybe 5 seconds long.

Looks like they are trying to sweep it under the rug Rick.

Thanks

Google news has over 1000 articles on this now and it's being passed off as a plane. But what does the cameraman who actually shot the footage say about what he saw?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...lar-sight.html

Cameraman who filmed “mystery missile” describes spectacular sight

November 9, 2010 |
    The KCBS helicopter cameraman whocaptured the footage of the "mystery missile" launch offered more details about the dramatic video he shot Monday evening.

Pentagon officials said they continue to look into what they have called an "unexplained contrail." Each branch of the military has denied involvement.

Cameraman Gil Leyvas shot video of a luminous point hurtling through the sky followed by a long vapor trail. He said he was aboard the television station's helicopter shooting footage of the sunset over the ocean about 5:15 p.m when he noticed the spiral-shaped vapor trail and zoomed in to get a better look.

The onboard camera showed a plume twisting up from the horizon and narrowing as it climbed into the sky near Catalina Island, about 35 miles west of Los Angeles, he said.

"Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," and was easy to distinguish from condensation trails from jets, he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular."
    -- Tony Barboza

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aramus View Post
    "Some of us actually think it was the Japanese at this point"

That's the strangest thing i've heard all day... makes sense though.
    Ever see the anime movie "The Silent Service"?

Aramus? THE Aramus?

Welcome to the site!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Rick,
    Can you elaborate on your opinion of it being Japanese?

For instance: SLBM or ICBM/IRBM? Test with our blessing or without?
    I think the Japanese are working with us on several levels - not the least of which is missile defense.

It occurred to me later yesterday that the "wording" was fishy on each of the explanations I kept hearing from the spokesman.

"It's not a threat" (because it went west? Because it wasn't programmed to go east?)

"It wasn't the US..." (No?)

"Wasn't a 'foreign government'" (how do we know it wasn't?)

A few other interesting phrases were bandied about as well. Taking all that into account, I got to thinking about it.

If there were a foreign group working with the US that launched a secret missile or even accidentally launched it... then those things would all be "true" to a point.

There was no foreign government "involved" because there was no foreign vessel in the area.

It wasn't US that launched it because it was an ally.

It wasn't dangerous because it was intentionally sent to sea.

There are only two or possibly three ways this can happen.

A US Vessel or platform, run by allies who were doing a test.

That leaves the Israelis, the Japanese and no one else I can think of right off.

Ruling out the Israelis for a moment simply because of the current political conditions, that leaves only the Japanese. I suspect they are working out some issues on long range cruise missiles. They are concerned about China, Taiwan and their own issues with North Korea.

I can't really elaborate much more because I'm stepping into territory I probably ought not right now.

I'm hearing more this morning that it was an optical illusion. However, they are saying things like "the sun coming through the smoke" blah blah.

I made the same mistake at first and it wasn't til I looked at the video twenty times that I realized we were seeing the cloud off to the S and the sun was west of the smoke trail.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information