Thread: Sen. Rockefeller: Shut Down Fox And MSNBC

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sen. Rockefeller: Shut Down Fox And MSNBC

Sen. Rockefeller: Shut Down Fox And MSNBC
    Kind of an unbalanced trade, don't you think? A network nobody watches versus a conservative media powerhouse?

The idea that the suggestion came from a US senator is chilling:

A powerful Democratic senator, pointing the finger at cable news for a politically toxic climate in Washington, unleashed a stunning tirade in which he expressed his desire to see the Federal Communications Commission shut down Fox News and MSNBC.

"I'm tired of the right and the left," West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller said Wednesday during a Senate hearing on retransmission consent. "There's a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to Fox and to MSNBC, 'Out. Off. End. Goodbye.' "

"It would be a big favor to political discourse; to our ability to do our work here in Congress; and to the American people, to be able to talk with each other and have some faith in their government and, more importantly, in their future," said the chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

Rockefeller didn't seem to realize that the FCC only regulates broadcast airwaves, not cable.
    Yeah - I'm tired of all this democracy stuff too. Free speech? Who needs it! Wouldn't it be great if everything Rockefeller and his jack booted friends said would be broadcast far and wide, with no criticism and nothing but praise for the fine job he and his colleagues are doing?

Anyone going to censure this lout? Don't hold your breath.
    You know, I thought I remembered something else important about Sen. Rockefeller so I did a little searching and found it! From 2005:

Report: Justice Department Probing Durbin, Rockefeller CIA Satellite Leak

So, we can make a huge deal and even movies about that nobody Valerie Plame but, a sitting Senator who was opposed to a multi-million dollar top secret satellite program openly sabotaging it by revealing information on it is no big deal. Guess nothing ever came of that investigation...

By the way Senator, let's play a little AdLib... I've got a "little bug inside of me" that wants to put a _________ in your brainpan for such un-American and authoritarian talk coming from a sitting US Senator. "Out. Off. End. Goodbye." "It would be a big favor to political discourse."

Thanks

Default Re: Sen. Rockefeller: Shut Down Fox And MSNBC

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Shut down Congress, Senator.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Hmmm, reminds me of Woodrow Wilson in a way.
    Domine, dirige nos.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

These people (Rockefeller, et al) are so fucked up in the head I don't even know how to respond any more.

Thanks

Folks....

http://rockefeller.senate.gov/

In addition to my office on Capitol Hill, I have four offices across the state to better serve West Virginians. And when West Virginians are unable to travel to one of my state offices - I take my services to them with my mobile office.

Click on the office closest to you for more information or E-mail Me.
    Beckley
    220 North Kanawha Street
    Suite 1
    Beckley, WV
    25801-4514
    (304) 253-9704
    (304) 253-2578 Fax
    Charleston
    405 Capitol Street
    Suite 508
    Charleston, WV
    25301-1749
    (304) 347-5372
    (304) 347-5371 Fax
    Fairmont
    118 Adams Street
    Suite 301
    Fairmont, WV
    26554-2841
    (304) 367-0122
    (304) 367-0822 Fax
    Martinsburg
    217 West King Street
    Suite 307
    Martinsburg, WV
    25401-3211
    (304) 262-9285
    (304) 262-9288 Fax
    531 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC
    (202) 224-6472
    (202) 224-7665 Main Fax
    (202) 228-1610 Scheduling Fax
    E-mail Scheduler
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Dear Senator Rockefeller;

I realize you probably won't read this message, and certainly will not respond.

But Senator - I am an American Citizen. I spent 26 years of my life serving in the United States Military.

You made a state a few days ago that galls me and many others, to wit:

"I'm tired of the right and the left," West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller said Wednesday during a Senate hearing on retransmission consent. "There's a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to Fox and to MSNBC, 'Out. Off. End. Goodbye.' "

Let me explain something, Senator. I defended this country then, and I will now. Our country is a FREE country. We are not the Soviet Union, we are not Venezuela, we are not Iran or North Korea.

We are the United States of America and we have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and the rest of the amendments in the Bill of Rights to guarantee these rights.

When I hear a Senator, one of the highest, most important people in the land we send in to Congress to "Represent" us and him him saying he is no longer willing to represent the people of this country its time for him to get the hell out of OUR offices.

This country, Senator is full of Americans like me. We won't be shut up, and we won't allow you "shut down the 'right and the left' on television".

I'm a Right Wing Conservative and the Left has as much right to their beliefs as the Right. But I for one, as one American am standing up here and now and telling you, it's time for you to "Shut up".

Back off, Senator, away from OUR AMERICAN RIGHTS.

The people of this country are sick of this elitist crap and we're not going to take it any longer.

My email address, home address and all my contact information are real. I'm not some anonymous person making threats.

This is my COUNTRY, stop screwing with it!

That's an order from the people of this country. You, Sir, work for US, not the other way around.

Please get it clear in your head before you open your mouth again to say how you will have the FCC shut people down. You, Sir, do NOT have that right.

Ricky D. Donaldson
    Colorado
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    These people (Rockefeller, et al) are so fucked up in the head I don't even know how to respond any more.
    Above, is how you respond.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information