Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Thanks

Default Introductions

It occurs to me, we really don't have a place for the new folks to come and introduce themselves.

I think when we started the site we did something like this, but I can't find the original threads.

Therefore...

I'm starting this one.

Everyone post a quick little something about themselves. You can share as much as you like or as little as you deem necessary.

This is just a way for folks to let us know a bit about themselves, and who they are, why they came to the site, interests, and so forth.

I'll drop a message in here shortly to break the ice
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Introductions

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... oh, wrong story.

My name is Rick and I'm an Admin here. I started with computers in the mid 1970s... and built my first one in 1977-1978. I bought my first Apple ][+ in 1978 and in 1980 had a modem running (wow 300 baud).

In 1982 or so, I set up a permanent BBS - 300 baud, which slowly went from 16K of Ram and 4 floppy drives to a huge, never to be filled 20 Megabyte HD. The site was called AppleVenture BBS. We ran the site in VA and DC for 8 years, and another two when we moved to Colorado.

Since then I've helped to run more than a dozen web sites, about eight dial BBSes (including at least two multiline BBSes in those days).

I've been in the Military (26 years) worked for Combat Communications, White House Communications, and served as the NCOIC of a communications flight for several years too.

Currently I work in electronic security systems and am a "Survivalist". Not the kook kind, the kind that can actually make a fire, kill an animal and skin it, fish, hunt and am a sailor. I'm an amateur astronomer and a ham radio operator. Currently (for this month anyway) I am also serving as the District 14 AEC in charge of training for our Amateur Radio Emergency Service in Colorado under the ARRL.

I don't take shit off anyone. Not government people, not civilians, not cops and not general population. I don't give them shit either, unless they start with me.

Then you don't want to be around....

A LOT of the people on this site know me personally, or they have met me in person or dealt with me for many years. They can vouch for what I say.

I'm planning to retire in about 17 months... and buy a ship and said the Caribbean for a few years. Anyone that says I am full of it, can kiss my ass because you really have no idea to whom you're speaking. (I've had a dozen people tell me "You can't do that!"... sigh, its a free country son, I can do as I please.)

I'm here to help, and I'm here to point out right and wrong. I'm also here to watch the facts vs fiction. That's my job. I usually do it well.

I'm never, ever, ever "Wrong". (I might not always be 100% right, but I will never ever be totally wrong).

/grin

next
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Rick, you can't do that!

Just didn't want you to get complacent.

I’m one of the Moderators, and if history is any indication, my job here is to see how many things I can screw up. Fortunately, Rick and the others are right there to clean up my mistakes.

I worked for the government for 22 years: 20 years in the mil, then 2 as a civ. About the only thing I can remember about those times is that I did medical stuff. They send me a check every month; that's the important part now.

I have a few hobbies that I tend to rotate through: playing baseball, playing hockey, shooting guns, reading, hiking, camping, Internet research, mountain biking, and collecting ex-wives.

In between those hobbies I try and find time to work as a commercial electrician.

If anyone has anything they want to talk to me about in private, please feel free to send me an IM.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

My given name is Chris. I've been hanging out with the outstanding individuals at this site for about 4 years now. My post contributions to TAA have been on the light side. I prefer to read and learn to blowing smoke.

I'm originally from New York, have lived in Boston, Oakland, CA and now reside about an two hours north of Rick in Colorado. Been here for fifteen years.

I'm curently forty-four. I'm married to a seriously fine woman and have three children. I am a registered architect in Colorado, Wyoming and New York.

Christian. Study scriptures, church and Jewish history.

Hobbies - Hiking, camping, making pizza, shooting, weight lifting, hunting, American history, beer brewing, very large dog wrangling, fixing stuff that breaks around the house or within aging vehicles.

I used to bartend and bounce in college. Used to play football for many years. Used to play lacrosse. Used to ride motorcycles. Too many used-to's.

I'm a writer, unpublished but coming on strong. I've got four novels started and about seven in the pipe. A couple ghost writing projects have come my way. Should be interesting. We'll see where it goes.

Thanks

I can vouch for Rick, I have known him online for 10 years. I was also a moderator of one of his BBS sites...(lasted about a day because I deleted one of his posts)
    My lack of credentials aside...

Name - Adam
    Age - 30
    Location - VA

That's about it. I'll post links once I hit 15 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Aramus,
    Adjusted your post count so you can post links. That's mostly just to stop spammers. Since we know you're real, no biggie.

And with that I'll post my introduction...

My name is the same as my screen name. I started this site back in '05 with the help of Rick, Brian Baldwin, Malsua, and Backstop. We had all been at Anomalies.net where we discussed the TAA, politics, and terrorism pretty heavily. When AN decided to get rid of their news and politics section, I thought it was time to start this place to help get the word out about the danger from the TAA among other things.

As for personal background I'm 28, live just outside Cincinnati, Ohio, and work in banking IT. Hobbies I have are mainly firearms, fixing things, FPS games, watching movies, and watching the Bungles lose.

7. November 30th, 2010, 05:09

Thanks

Thanks Ryan...
    To be more open and transparent online then I usually am..

This is where I work -

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Win...58054540873670

And this is life -

www.adamandmysti.com

Thanks

My screen name is Luke. Not after the Star Wars character,rather from a line in the song "the Weight" by the Band. I am 57. In my younger days I was an amature musician. I have worked in retail sales but for the most part I worked as a journeyman carpenter and as a carpenter for the State of Missouri.

I have lived in Mid-Missouri for all my life, well up until today anyway.

I came to TAA by way of the old Enterprise board to Anomalies then to here.

I normally try to use as much humor in my posts as possible. Just the way I am I suppose.
    I have found this board to very informative and a useful place for knowledge.

It occurs to me that this post is starting to sound like a 12 step program,yikes!
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

My name is Rodney Harrison. 56, married, 3 kids. I've survived a lifetime of shit jobs, most recently building Explorers to satisfy the needs of the Free World, enuff said. Also learned some carpentry and other Useful skills besides shooting 8 perfectly placed rivets in under 50 seconds, 10 hours or more per day.
    I've lived here in Indiana all my life, sad to say.
    I, too, came here via The Enterprise Mission and Anomalies. Frankly, after these guys left, that site was a few Fruit Loops short of a balanced breakfast.
    Humor, who needs it?
    12 steps? Why, that's exactly how many steps it took me to finish those 8 perfectly placed rivets. How'd you know?
    Rick's cool.

BTW, Rick, go to Amazon, check out Borneo by Firewater in the free mp3 downloads. I can just see ya dancin to it. Good song, price is right, I've downloaded a couple hundred songs there.

Thanks

Well I ain't gonna live in your world no more
    (Hey, Borneo)
    Yeah feeling like a funky two-bit whore
    (Here I come, Borneo)
    Got a monkey for a president
    (Hey, Borneo)
    And a head all filled up with cement
    (Look out, Borneo)

So I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm getting out of here
    Yeah I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm counting, 1! (2!) 3! (4!)
    I can't take a minute more

I'm gonna swing like an ape from a banyan tree
    (Hey, Borneo)
    I'm gonna live me a life of luxury
    (Here I come, Borneo)
    Or get drunk, untidy, and sleep all day
    (Hey, Borneo)
    Unti your world is washed away
    (Look out, Borneo)

Said I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm getting out of here
    Said I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm counting, 4! (3!) 2! (1!)
    Set a course for the rising sun

I said I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm getting out of here
    Said I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm counting, 10! (9!) 8! (7!)
    Monkey's gonna go to heaven

I'm gonna set my sails for the virgin soil
    (Hey, Borneo)
    You know I don't wanna die for the price of oil
    (Here I come, Borneo)
    I wanna watch the sun set every night
    (Hey, Borneo)
    I'm gonna fall alseep in the cool moonlight
    (Look out, Borneo

So I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm getting out of here
    Said I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    I'm counting, 5! (6!) 7! (8!)
    See you at the pearly gates

Thanks

LOL! I may or may not have had a similar experience in my work van.

Thanks

Ha! Ha! Sounds like your wife is being very patient with you while you have your fun.

For playing around in the snow, I much prefer rear wheel drive vehicles. Much easier to get spinning than front wheel drive vehicles (unless you go driving a FWD vehicle around in reverse ).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Ha! Ha! Sounds like your wife is being very patient with you while you have your fun.
    Listen to that Sigh!!! Priceless!!!

For playing around in the snow, I much prefer rear wheel drive vehicles. Much easier to get spinning than front wheel drive vehicles (unless you go driving a FWD vehicle around in reverse ).
    Yeah, my truck does great...the Subaru, not so much.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

HAHA!

Man I miss driving in the snow.

Master of the Shenanigans Chameleon's Avatar
    Thanks

My name is Matthew, I'm the 14 year old son of MinuteManCO. I've been a passenger of sorts with him in his activities on forums such as this since The Final Phase, many, many years ago. I live in Colorado, as you can guess.
    I seem to have a lucky knack for military-related activities. I enjoy practicing Parkour and weightlifting, as well as marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat, survival training, pain conditioning etc. I practiced the Okinawan style of Uechi Ryu for six-and-a-half years. Besides that I am in Pre International Baccalaureate, freshman year. I have a natural love of the water, which led to many years of competitive swimming and practicing SEAL pool drills to train myself for my dream career in - you guessed it - the SEALs. I enjoy soaking up as much knowledge as I possibly can. I also pride myself in military strategy and leadership and I work hard every day to improve my tact with others and my strategic mind. I do as much as possible physically, mentally and socially as to bring about a higher level of enlightenment to myself than the other young-lings of this country.
    I thought after so long of watching my dad on these forums that I finally was of the age to be part of them myself. I, naturally, keep my ear to the ground and I'm in deep with the younger crowd which may or may not be of any use. Other than that I'm here to learn, read, think and interact.

As a side note, I have a severe case of Laconophilia. Google is your friend.

Warm greetings,

Chameleon
    Last edited by Chameleon; October 19th, 2011 at 05:11.
    End Justifies Means

It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime.
    What better place than here, what better time than now?

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum Grasshopper... er.. I mean Chameleon!

I've met your father. He's a good guy. Take care of him in his old age /grin

We'll see you around the forums!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Welcome Chameleon.

Thanks

Welcome Chameleon.

Saint Paul in the Ephesians 6:12

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Thanks

Thanks for the intro Chameleon. You sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders. I'm sure MMCO will be along shortly to take the credit for that...

Good luck on joining the SEALs. It certainly sounds like you have the drive and ambition to pull it off!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information