Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspicious Activity: US Electrical Power Substations

Banned
    Thanks

Default Suspicious Activity: US Electrical Power Substations

From the new topic generated within Phil's Unusual Bank Activity Thread.

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Suspicious Activity: US Electrical Power Substations

Everyone I talk to involved in Homeland defense/Homeland Security believe a major attack - a series of attacks to be precise - are imminent.

99.9% percent of these contacts believe the events will be WMD in some form and will include ancillary strikes against all legs of the US national power grid. Probing attacks against substation are occuring in places all across the US -perhaps as you read this. In the last two weeks alone 6 such events have occured in places such as Kansas City, MO., Salt Lake City, UT, Atlantic City, NJ. These insurgents are removing to the fullest extent possible all earth grounding copper from these 161,000 volt and higher substations. There is zero mainstream media attention being paid to these terrorist activites. Z E R O.

This means by inference that the active al-Qaeda (Islamist) affliliated insurgency within CONUS has active cells in almost all major cities and surburban areas. You will find the most serious insurgent Islamist activities being conducted in an Islamic Center or Mosque where ever you happen to be in the US.

If people fully understood or cared about the true nature and depth of this domestic US Islamic Insurgency they would be absolutely aghast. They will be caught completely blindsided when these events occur. They are relying on the US Government to protect them and their way of life... which is an exercise in futility and stupid is as stupid does.

Banned
    Thanks

Guys... here's a sample from local open-source reporting in the three specific places I mentioned above. Of course even these local reports are pressed to issue the "not terrorism related" line. Notice ALL THHREE reports come from distant places across the nation... yet all of these reports were filed within 24 hours of each other.

As far as the official government line is concerned there is no active al-Qaeda insurgency within CONUS - and stories like these perpetuate that myth.

((See our current update on the Joel Henry Hinrichs III case for an example of this bald-faced denial in practice:

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/modules/news/article.php?storyid=129 )).

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...printstory.jsp

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=167537

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...-5949881c.html

Thanks

Sean ...

In the 3 news articles you linked for us, I noticed that only 1 of them mentions that previously-attached grounding cables were removed ... the other 2 talked about spools of yet-to-be-used copper cables that were stolen.

Have you seen other indications/stories of the grounding systems of electical substations being messed with? I would think that sort of thing happening in multiple locations would be easy enough to draw dots between.

Stealing spools of unused materials is one thing ... cutting on connected cabling is obviously much different.

-Bryk

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brykovian
    Sean ...

In the 3 news articles you linked for us, I noticed that only 1 of them mentions that previously-attached grounding cables were removed ... the other 2 talked about spools of yet-to-be-used copper cables that were stolen.

Notice in the second this portion of the report text:

But they weren't. Once inside, the people grabbed a couple spools of copper wire lying on the ground.

"Det. Baird: "It appears as though it was just for the value of what they could take, like they would burglarize any business."

Police say because of that, it doesn't appear this is an act of violence or terrorism. It seems unrelated to the previous four substation break-ins.

In late January, someone broke a lock to get into a Holladay station, cutting power to several thousand customers. A week and a half ago - three break-ins in three nights: First in Taylorsville, then at the Valley Center substation, and finally a few blocks West at the Carlisle substation.

Margaret Oler, Spokesperson, Utah Power: These break-ins that occurred last week inconvenienced more than 11-thousand customers." While the joint terrorism task force investigates those incidents, Utah Power is hoping a reward up to 10-thousand dollars will prompt someone to come forward.
    A reward of $10,000 for information on the theft a spool or two of copper wire worth a couple of hundred bucks seems a bit unproportional, doesn't it? Seems a lot more is going on in SLC Utah than is being publicly stated.
    Also, nationwide these perps are trained well enough to not kill-fry themselves over a measely couple hundred bucks.

The Atlantic City report is of two such break-in's. The Atlantic City, NJ substation and the Vineland, NJ substation. A a resident of New Jersey I can tell you these two substations are at least 33 miles apart. The report is intentionally vague and misleading.

Have you seen other indications/stories of the grounding systems of electical substations being messed with?
    Yes... the three reports I cited are an atypical sampling of the type of electrical substation break-in's that are occuring across the country.

From the Kansas City Star report:
    Electric utilities across the country, especially in the Midwest and Southeast, are finding themselves the targets of thieves ... It’s unknown how many utilities have been hit by copper thefts, but the impact on utilities is thought to be considerable, going beyond substations.

In Wichita, Westar Energy Inc. has had a problem the past few months with thieves stripping copper wire from 2,500 light poles. The wire was used to ground the poles, and crews have been scrambling to replace what is considered a safety feature, said Karla Olsen, a Westar spokeswoman.

I would think that sort of thing happening in multiple locations would be easy enough to draw dots between.

Stealing spools of unused materials is one thing ... cutting on connected cabling is obviously much different.
    Here's a couple more... notice the name of the perp in this first one.

http://www.sj-r.com/sections/news/stories/78810.asp

Excerpt:

A Taylorville man on federal supervised release for a bomb threat at Southern Illinois University was back in federal court in Springfield Tuesday, where his name was connected to an investigation of recent break-ins at electric substations in Christian County.

Jamal S. Shehadeh, 23, has not been charged with the break-ins or subsequent shut-offs of electricity to a total of 7,300 AmerenCIPS customers in Pana and Taylorville. The outages occurred Feb. 1 and Feb. 4. Evidence of tampering at another substation, operated by Shelby Electric Cooperative, was reported to authorities Feb. 2.
    FYI... "Shehadeh" is the Persian spelling for the Arabic word "Shahadah" which is the Islamic creed لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله which means "There is no god but Allah; Muhammad is His Prophet."

Thanks

Having worked at power sub-stations I have often seen spools of copper wire laying around. The price of copper is well over a dollar a pound, so stealing a couple spools is pretty easy money. Just to prove how far some will go to steal to make a few bucks, here in Westminster, CO, somebody stole the aluminum benches from a baseball park to sell for scrap. Now that was actually a lot of work!

Removing copper already in use is another story. One would have to know exactly what they were doing so they wouldnt get killed. Remember that the recent Muslim riots in France started as a direct result of two young men running into a sub-station to hide from police and were electrocuted.

Sean, as Brykovian mentioned, only one article talked about removing ground wire so I think we need more to go on. Both my sources have nothing about this in their respective areas of the country but they were going to do some digging so something may yet come up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne
    Here's a couple more... notice the name of the perp in this first one.

http://www.sj-r.com/sections/news/stories/78810.asp
    That was an interesting article. A former electrical engineering student with a bit of a mental problem ... and seeking revenge against a couple of different entities.

Did you notice the initial issue that sprung up between him and the electrical company? He strung too many Christmas lights ... an interesting way to piss off the neighbors during a time of cheer, eh?

How would you be able to tell if this particular case isn't just a lone nutjob ... he's not very stealthy, and I saw no indication that he's working as part of a group/cell -- all of the mentioned offenses have been him versus an institution of some sort.

Now, with that said, I'm sure there *are* groups located within the US borders that are plotting for bad things to happen here ... but I would expect that they have people much more capable than the man in this article.

-Bryk

Banned
    Thanks

Hmmmm ... you mean just like 21-year old OU engineering student and Islamist-affiliated Joel Henry Hinrich III was a lone nutcase intent on committing "suicide" with a IED backpack filled with "Mother of Stan" TATP explosive and hardware shrapnel to injure as many as possible with any of 84,000 potential victims a couple of hundred feet away??

Again, I am privvy to far more information than posted here, anonymous sources and all that.

There are also recent cases where electrical substation infiltrators have been electroctued while in-the-act of sabotage - or - have caused intentional black-outs by throwing metal chains over HVAC transmission lines at substations.

The cognizant Federal LE agencies maintain a very tight control over public open-source reporting and information of this type. This is a fact.

Remember... the existence of an active al-Qaeda insurgency within the US is denied by the Government - such an insurgency does not officially exist - therefore these kinds of things cannot be happening as part of a nation-wide plan-of-action by various insurgent cells or individuals.

Banned
    Thanks

By the way... the subject of this thread is nothing new to the jihadists or the FBI. This dates back to at least 1993 and the first attack on the World trade center in new York City.

The World Trade Center Terrorists Threatened to Attack Nuclear Facilities....and trained only 30 miles from Three Mile Island where they practiced a night-time mock assault on an electrical power substation.

http://www.tmia.com/threat.html#train

Law officers observed the terrorists conducting a night-time mock assault on an electrical power substation near the training camp.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; March 5th, 2006 at 01:03.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne
    Hmmmm ... you mean just like 21-year old OU engineering student and Islamist-affiliated Joel Henry Hinrich III was a lone nutcase intent on committing "suicide" with a IED backpack filled with "Mother of Stan" TATP explosive and hardware shrapnel to injure as many as possible with any of 84,000 potential victims a couple of hundred feet away??
    Actually ... there's more threads of information available (some of the best made available by you & Michelle Malkin) pointing toward JHH having accomplices. This is the sort of thing I'd expect ... traces and threads that suggest that more people were involved in planning something bigger ... I was just pointing out that that specific article you made reference to didn't have any of that -- it looks like it could just be a single odd fellow in that particular Illinois case (just like the SUV guy in NC), even if similar, more suspicious activity is going on elsewhere.

Again, I am privvy to far more information than posted here, anonymous sources and all that.

There are also recent cases where electrical substation infiltrators have been electroctued while in-the-act of sabotage - or - have caused intentional black-outs by throwing metal chains over HVAC transmission lines at substations.

The cognizant Federal LE agencies maintain a very tight control over public open-source reporting and information of this type. This is a fact.
    I figured as much and was hoping you might have more that you could share. However, if that's not a prudent thing for you to do, then I'll just have to be patient and wait for better public info to surface, since I *don't* have any special connections to secret info. I rely on this website (and your analysis as part of it) and a couple others to give me extra insight.

Remember... the existence of an active al-Qaeda insurgency within the US is denied by the Government - such an insurgency does not officially exist - therefore these kinds of things cannot be happening as part of a nation-wide plan-of-action by various insurgent cells or individuals.
    You keep coming back to this, and perhaps as an insider to the national security world it's a sore topic for you. However, as just a "normal guy" I'd have to say that I see no indications that the government is saying there isn't any al-Qaeda operatives within the US. In fact, I've seemed to have gotten the opposite impression over the past handful of years. I'd be one of the people who is surprised that there hasn't been a large-impact hit since 9/11, even if (as you've pointed out) there have been some small hits and other coincidental-looking items that would qualify as AQ-related.

-Bryk

Banned
    Thanks

UPDATE:

I have just recieved a DHS Alert.

03/04/06 @ 2150 EST - DHS Alert: Explosion in Marshall County, WV : Explosion at Kamer Mitchell Electrical Power Plant. Several fatalities and 3 people trapped in tower.

The Kammer Electric Power Plant is on the Ohio River south of Moundsville, WV on Rt. 2. If you use Google Maps or Google Earth you can see the plant by following the river south.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brykovian
    You keep coming back to this, and perhaps as an insider to the national security world it's a sore topic for you. However, as just a "normal guy" I'd have to say that I see no indications that the government is saying there isn't any al-Qaeda operatives within the US.
    I keep coming back to it because it is the most relevant point there is in fighting the domestic Islamic insurgency within the United States.

As for what you have not seen the US government say on the topic, perhaps you missed these reports of almost exactly 1 year ago. Uncle Sam has not changed his tune since then.

And for all the worry about Osama bin Laden's sleeper cells or agents in the United States, a secret FBI assessment concludes it knows of none.

The 32-page assessment says flatly, "To date, we have not identified any true 'sleeper' agents in the US," seemingly contradicting the "sleeper cell" description prosecutors assigned to seven men in Lackawanna, N.Y., in 2002.
    Overblown Sleeper Cell Threat?

"Limited reporting since March indicates al-Qa'ida has sought to recruit and train individuals to conduct attacks in the United States, but is inconclusive as to whether they have succeeded in placing operatives in this country," the report reads. "US Government efforts to date also have not revealed evidence of concealed cells or networks acting in the homeland as sleepers."

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigat...=566425&page=1
    By early 2005 there was little to no evidence of Al Qaeda sleeper cells in the US. When he testified before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in February 2005, FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III testified that he is "very concerned" about the lack of data on a network of al Qaeda "sleeper" cells in the United States. He went on to say that, "Finding them is a top priority for the FBI, but it is also one of the most difficult challenges."
    In March 2005 a leaked FBI report concluded that “US Government efforts to date also have not revealed evidence of concealed cells or networks acting in the homeland as sleepers.”

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...eper-cells.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149999,00.html

They can't find them because they're not looking in mosques and islamic centers and other places where jihadists train within CONUS.

Listen to it again from former terrorists themselves, they're telling the FBI point blank where to find these cells they are unable to confirm the existence of.

http://tinyurl.com/d12dm
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; March 5th, 2006 at 05:23.

Banned
    Thanks

UPDATE on Explosion at Kammer Electric Power Plant:

03/04/06 @ 2221 EST - DHS Alert: Explosion in Marshall County, WV
    (update): Explosion appears to be accidental. CT Watch states no terrorism nexus at this time but continues to monitor.

Thanks

Sean ... Thanks for the info on the official gov't stance -- I hadn't seen that FBI report results before.

Besides not looking in the places you mentioned, I'm wondering how differently AQ will work with individuals and/or groups as opposed to traditional country governments ... and how hard it is to get organizations like the FBI to change their approach from finding cold-war-era "spies" to finding looser, less formally organized folks.

-Bryk

Thanks

We live in a nation that has allowed Pearl Harbor to dictate how we can become involved in a war. There are those out there that believe that the Government of the US allowed Pearl Harbor to happen in order to get the people upset enough that they could in turn enter the war. Because humans are creatures of habit and really fads... I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we're doing just that in this case.

Want to lose a war? Piss off another nation's citizens. Anyone that has studied military history over the years quickly finds out that nations rise and fall in rhythmic time to the emotions of their peoples. If L.A. or Boston were suddenly nuked by islamic extremists, do you think our nation's citizens would sit by and do nothing? I'm not saying that our government is intentionally allowing this to come about; I'm saying that with the times we live in here in America it would be the best way to get the people to allow the government to invade and KEEP the middle east with an army of "volunteers" just beating a path to the recruitment centers out of patriotism.

Is it evil or wrong? Couldn't tell you since I don't look at these things the same as others do. I see it as expedient and tactical. After all didn't we also invent the Cattle Prod? Same thing just different critters to control and direct.

The facts are... Islam is not just a religion but a fast growing cancer in our world today. We NEED to excise this cancer before it destroys all of us. Our hands as a nation are tied by liberal sympathizers and PC nitwits that think we should only do battle if the enemy attacks us in an extremely harmful manner amounting to thousands upon thousands of casualties. Our enemy has no such qualms and will use such PC non-sense to it's advantage. And finally, In a liberal, PC laden world we are now the bad guys in everyone's eyes... The aggressor.

So my beliefs based upon the above facts is that we will suffer an attack of great magnitude before anything is done. And that when we do act it will be almost too late because of the political correctness that has consumed our public. It is because of the facts above that our government dares not act sooner since it would likely be spat upon by it's own people and instead will likely allow a new "Pearl Harbor" of fantasic scope to take place first.

That is my two cents.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

There is an urgent need, Brian, to educate the West about Islam. I personally never knew about much until the truth was put in my face about 6 months ago. I was just your typical ignorant citizen of America who leaned to the right. It was my sincere belief that it was the right thing to do to be accepting of all peoples and tolerant of all religions. For the mostpart I think that is still a spot-on way to be. Except when it comes to Islam. And I have been having some interesting conversations with people lately because what I find is that those from the President, to the educated homeowner in a good neighborhood, to the poor in my own neighborhood who have seen or heard the news in February 2006 about the Muslims being outraged over the printing of the cartoons--still misunderstand Islam to be a religion of peace. People I have been engaging in conversation have not seen the cartoons, and still consider the (televised) violence as being "over there", and disbelieve that Islam has religious texts that preach "killing the infidel". One of my own sons has said that what one sees as a terrorist, another sees as a freedom fighter.

I am inclined to agree with you. We are goners. Some of the reasons that I see are these: the West is so busy with self-satisfaction, self-interest, pleasure creatures, self-absorbed. We infidels are not having much of a birth rate in comparison to Muslims. None of us in the West are typically taught to be brutal and to dominate from childhood, as are those in religious Islamic households. We who are living in the West are taught political correctness, and make waves when we speak up about things honestly, if we even have the knowledge before us to disagree at all. Muslims typically move into a country but do not assymilate with the culture around them. Country after country has allowed immigration without thinking along the lines of a possibility of bringing in a trojan horse. People particularly in America don't know that the Imams hold the power of their people because they know their own people and speak and read Arabic which is the only way the Koran is to be read and understood. We have priests and preachers and the news media who don't know the real threat of this, of teaching adherants jihad.

But then, again, I think that before it is too late, Islam is going to be identified as the evil force that it is and action is going to be taken against it. I think so because as powerful as the menacing ideology of Islam is, they have recently been found, in my opinion, to be tipping their hand. They are exposing themselves for all the world to see. I realize that it is a delicate situation, but it would surprise me if we don't strike Iran. It comes down to doing so or having another world war. They can say whatever they like, we don't trust them, they are going to have nukes. It is only a matter of time before people start to put the pieces together and take a closer look at Islam. I think that those of us who are not concerned about social service interests are going to be raising a firm voice and let the counter-voices of liberalism be damned. I think that the discontent over the port deal is an indicator of that. I think it is going to have to start with America. We will have to do the convincing of the neccesity of a strike. And I believe the timing is right.

Thanks

These power station thefts may just be thefts but it seems to me that with the frequency of them that you'd eventually see one of them get fried out of stupidity. I have a feeling Sean is on to something here. While this is just speculation on my part I would venture to say that if it is a terrorist cell behind it, they may be testing the fences so to speak. Meaning they go in and complete a task and then watch to see how many of our authorities respond, how long it takes them to do so, and how much damage they manage to inflict in short amounts of time with little effort. If they can manage the right combo of all the above they could hit a several power stations in an area and illicit a response that would leave the flock basically unattended as it were. Then they could launch their actual attack with much less notice taken. Its military in nature though and so far the desert baked terrorists don't seem too schooled in that area, prefering instead to just concentrate on the actual attack without baiting their opponents. This makes them easier to catch. All the intel points to the actual attack. By baiting they can redirect some of the intel to areas they don't care about.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

An interesting thread on Gunsnet - Copper Wire thieves !!!!!!

I had no idea copper was up to around $1.75-$2.00 a lb.! When I was doing some demolitions work about two years ago I was allowed to keep all the scrap wire and copper pipes. I don't remember exactly what copper was going for then but, it was far less than that. This very high price could very well explain the theft of the copper.

Thanks

In 19 Minutes, A Team Of Snipers Destroyed 17 Transformers At A Power Station In California

By Michael Snyder, on February 5th, 2014

When a real terrorist attack happens, sometimes we don’t hear about it until months afterward (if we ever hear about it at all). For example, did you know that a team of snipers shot up a power station in California? The terrorists destroyed 17 transformers and did so much damage that the power station was shut down for a month. And it only took them 19 minutes of shooting to do it. Of course most Americans have absolutely no idea that this ever happened, because they get their news from the mainstream media. The chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission at that time says that this was “the most significant incident of domestic terrorism involving the grid that has ever occurred”, and yet you won’t hear about it on the big news networks. They are too busy covering the latest breaking news on the Justin Bieber scandal.

And maybe it is good thing that most people don’t know about this. The truth is that we are a nation that is absolutely teeming with “soft targets”, and if people realized how vulnerable we truly are they might start freaking out.
    If you have not heard about the attack on the Silicon Valley substation yet, you should look into it. The following is an excerpt from a Business Insider article about the sniper assault…
    The Wall Street Journal’s Rebecca Smith reports that a former Federal Energy Regulatory Commission chairman is acknowledging for the first time that a group of snipers shot up a Silicon Valley substation for 19 minutes last year, knocking out 17 transformers before slipping away into the night.
    The attack was “the most significant incident of domestic terrorism involving the grid that has ever occurred” in the U.S., Jon Wellinghoff, who was chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission at the time, told Smith.
    Evidence found at the scene included “more than 100 fingerprint-free shell casings“, and little piles of rocks “that appeared to have been left by an advance scout to tell the attackers where to get the best shots.”
    So much damage was done to the substation that it was closed down for a month.
    And what happens if they decide to attack a nuclear power facility next time and use even bigger weapons?
    Could we have another Fukushima on our hands?
    In a previous article, I discussed a very disturbing report that showed that our nuclear facilities are indeed extremely vulnerable
    Commercial and research nuclear facilities across the U.S. are inadequately protected against the threat of terrorism, according to the results of new study released this week by the Nuclear Proliferation Prevention Project (NPPP) at the University of Texas at Austin’s LBJ School of Public Affairs. The two biggest terror threats facing these facilities, according to the report, are the theft of bomb grade nuclear materials and sabotage attacks aimed at causing a nuclear reactor meltdown.
    The study, entitled “Protecting U.S. Nuclear Facilities from Terrorist Attack: Re-assessing the Current ‘Design Basis Threat’ Approach,” found not one of the 104 commercial nuclear reactors in the U.S. is protected against a “maximum credible terrorist attack,” such as 9/11. In fact, nuclear facilities are not required to protect themselves against airplane attacks, assaults by large teams of terrorists or even high-power sniper rifles.
    The truth is that we are far, far more vulnerable to terror attacks than most Americans would dare to imagine.
    So why isn’t the federal government doing more to protect us?
    Well, the reality is that their resources are already stretched pretty thin and they can’t even protect their own computers. According to another report that was recently released, breaches of government computer networks go undetected 40 percent of the time
    A new report by Sen. Tom Coburn (R., Okla.) details widespread cybersecurity breaches in the federal government, despite billions in spending to secure the nation’s most sensitive information.
    The report, released on Tuesday, found that approximately 40 percent of breaches go undetected, and highlighted “serious vulnerabilities in the government’s efforts to protect its own civilian computers and networks.”
    “In the past few years, we have seen significant breaches in cybersecurity which could affect critical U.S. infrastructure,” the report said. “Data on the nation’s weakest dams, including those which could kill Americans if they failed, were stolen by a malicious intruder. Nuclear plants’ confidential cybersecurity plans have been left unprotected. Blueprints for the technology undergirding the New York Stock Exchange were exposed to hackers.”
    Are you starting to get the picture?
    We are not nearly as “secure” as we like to think that we are.
    In recent months, we have seen that our private financial information is not even secure at the largest retailers in the entire country. By now you have probably already heard about the horrifying security breach that happened at Target during the holiday season
    The holiday shopping season breach affected up to 110 million customers, including 40 million credit and debit cards and up to 70 million customers’ personal information.
    The discount retailer discovered the breach in mid-December, notified customers several days later, and launched an investigation with the help of a private security firm and law enforcement.
    And experts tell us that because credit card companies are cutting corners by using outdated technology that is less expensive that these kinds of credit card hacks will continue to happen all over the country.
    So what are you going to do when you wake up some day and none of your credit cards or debit cards will work because the entire system has been compromised by hackers?
    What are you going to do when you wake up some day and you have no power for an extended period of time because a team of terrorists has destroyed the entire power grid in your area?
    What are you going to do when you wake up some day and a wave of nuclear radiation is heading your way because terrorists have attacked a nuclear power facility close to where you live?
    We are an extremely vulnerable nation that literally has thousands of big, fat juicy “soft targets” that could be attacked at any moment.
    We have been very fortunate to live during an era when we have generally been safe from such attacks, but the world is rapidly changing before our very eyes.
    So let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.
    About the author: Michael T. Snyder is a former Washington D.C. attorney who now publishes The Truth. His new thriller entitled “The Beginning Of The End” is now available on Amazon.com.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

In 19 Minutes, A Team Of Snipers Destroyed 17 Transformers At A Power Station In California

Posted on February 6, 2014 by Mountain RepublicLeave a comment ↓
    Michael Snyder
    The Truth Wins
    When a real terrorist attack happens, sometimes we don’t hear about it until months afterward (if we ever hear about it at all). For example, did you know that a team of snipers shot up a power station in California?
    [IMG]http://static.************.com/p/images/february2014/060214sniper.jpg[/IMG]Image: Sniper (Wikimedia Commons)

The terrorists destroyed 17 transformers and did so much damage that the power station was shut down for a month. And it only took them 19 minutes of shooting to do it. Of course most Americans have absolutely no idea that this ever happened, because they get their news from the mainstream media. The chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission at that time says that this was “the most significant incident of domestic terrorism involving the grid that has ever occurred”, and yet you won’t hear about it on the big news networks. They are too busy covering the latest breaking news on the Justin Bieber scandal.
    And maybe it is good thing that most people don’t know about this. The truth is that we are a nation that is absolutely teeming with “soft targets”, and if people realized how vulnerable we truly are they might start freaking out.
    If you have not heard about the attack on the Silicon Valley substation yet, you should look into it. The following is an excerpt from a Business Insider article about the sniper assault…
    The Wall Street Journal’s Rebecca Smith reports that a former Federal Energy Regulatory Commission chairman is acknowledging for the first time that a group of snipers shot up a Silicon Valley substation for 19 minutes last year, knocking out 17 transformers before slipping away into the night.
    The attack was “the most significant incident of domestic terrorism involving the grid that has ever occurred” in the U.S., Jon Wellinghoff, who was chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission at the time, told Smith.
    Evidence found at the scene included “more than 100 fingerprint-free shell casings“, and little piles of rocks “that appeared to have been left by an advance scout to tell the attackers where to get the best shots.”
    So much damage was done to the substation that it was closed down for a month.
    And what happens if they decide to attack a nuclear power facility next time and use even bigger weapons?
    Could we have another Fukushima on our hands?
    Read more…
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information