Thread: Mantracker

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Mantracker

I was channel surfing over the weekend and ran across Mantracker on the Science Channel. I DVR'ed a few episodes and got hooked.

Has anyone else watched this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Mantracker

This something they use in the Village in Manhattan?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Not sure I'm in good enough shape to slog though 20-30 miles of swamp and forest in under 36 hours.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I've watched the program only once. It was located in the wilds of Newfoundland. It was an interesting program, but I got the impression that it was somewhat staged for "good TV".

The guy who does the mantracking spotted his quarry several times during the chase and couldn't seem to catch up despite being on horseback. I think he's a lot better at tracking than the individuals he's chasing are at evasion. However, they wouldn't have much of a program if he caught his quarry in the first five minutes of the show.

Thanks

I used to watch this. I think. It's where they pit two "tracked" people against two trackers.

The two runners have nothing other than a backpack each and their clothing.

The trackers have horses or whatever and they have skills at tracking humans going through the woods, swamps etc.

I've tracked people, animals and vehicles and it's a HELL of a lot easier to track someone or something than to cover your tracks friends.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I've seen a few minutes of it, looked interesting. I set up the DVR and noticed there is a marathon of episodes coming up in the next few days.

Thanks

I've caught several episodes. It dos seem a little staged, and at the least the two hunter aren't just tracking 2 runners, but 2 runners and the cameramean as well, so I'm sure there's some good tracks.

I will say it's a good into intro into how tracking works and what to look for, what not to do as well. It's a fun watch with a beer and a buddy.

Thread Information