Ladies and Gentlemen;

I'm headed out the door in about 40 minutes to go to my daughter, Kristy home for Christmas Eve. She has three children.

My son Pat is flying in from AZ with his wife Lana this evening. They will show up around 5 pm.

My eldest boy, Jeremy whom I have not seen for about 4 years now still won't be showing up - as he is... shall we say, unable. Oh well, but his three children will be dropped off by their mom along with one of her daughters whom we consider to be one of our grandchildren anyway....

My other daughter Becky and her husband Dan will show up around 4 pm with their four kids.

Kristy's husband's mom and sisters will show up.

My son Nick will be there, and my wife JoAnne and I.

Usually, I don't use any one's names in the family. I try to keep their privacy - but you know what? With the world the way it is, you folks are part of my extended family anyway and I know that you're all with your own immediate families today and tomorrow.

I will have a LOT of little grandkids around me... I'm not all that partial to little kids any more, my patience for them is wearing thin but, they are little, innocent babies who need nothing more than to be fed, and cared for until they too can join the high blood pressure crowd of the adults.

If only I could go back to being one of them - life would be fantastic. I can't though and now I deal with the day to day nonsense of life, And try to help my kids make their children's lives better. Sometimes, it's tough.

But it's something we have to do!

My friends, I wish each and every one of you the very Merriest of Christmases you've ever had and to please spend time with your families. Sometimes, as many of us know, we don't spend enough time and then when they are gone we wish we could have.

Several of us have lost loved ones over the past few years and they can't be with us except in our memories.

The best thing we can give our children and those who come after us are GOOD memories because when we leave this world we take little with us, and leave everything behind. "Things" get thrown, and destroyed. Eventually the only thing left of us is the DNA we passed along to our children.

Life, friends, it short - 60 good years is all most of us get. Enjoy it, and pass on good times and good memories to those you love.

Best wishes for a great Christmas and a Happy 2011. Don't forget to prepare for the end of the world in 2012. Just before Christmas (Ok, I'm joking, I don't believe that nonsense!)

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year my friends.

Rick Donaldson
Colorado Springs, CO