Thread: WTB: Dogfish Head Bitches Brew

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default WTB: Dogfish Head Bitches Brew

All,
    I am looking to get a 750ml bottle of Dogfish Head's limited release beer called Miles Davis' Bitches Brew.

My brother picked up a bottle from our local Party Source and split it with me. It was awesome!

Two days later I went to pick up a bottle of my own and they were sold out!

Even though I've already tried it, I really want to get my hands on another bottle so I can add the empty bottle to my collection:

If anyone can help me out that would be amazing! East coast residents are likely to have the best luck finding it since Dogfish is in Delaware.

Thanks

Default Re: WTB: Dogfish Head Bitches Brew

Now where... in the world did I see that before? I think I have seen it here.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

If you could score me a bottle I would be eternally grateful!

Damn show on the Discovery Channel has made Dogfish harder to find than it usually is.

Thanks

I am trying to remember, but I will look in the next few days
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Don't think I've seen it, but I'll look next time I go to Jungle Jim's.

Thanks

Was there earlier today and asked about it. The guy looked at me like I had 3 heads and said, "We sold out of that a long time ago."

Funny side story, I went to high school with "Jungle Jim's" son.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Funny side story, I went to high school with "Jungle Jim's" son.
    Wow, small world, didn't really think about you being from Cinci and all... I used to work there back in the days.

I guess I'll have to check one of the local stores here in Norwalk instead, doubt they will have it since they have a lot less of a selection than the Jungle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetMan View Post
    Wow, small world, didn't really think about you being from Cinci and all... I used to work there back in the days.

I guess I'll have to check one of the local stores here in Norwalk instead, doubt they will have it since they have a lot less of a selection than the Jungle.
    Any effort is greatly appreciated!

And to anyone keeping your eyes open for this... If you do find some, I'd recommend a bottle for yourself. It is good stuff! Read up on the reviews at RateBeer.

Also, something that might help anyone searching: http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/fish-finder.htm That will show you where Dogfish should be available near you.

Thanks

Okay, I think I've got a solid lead on a bottle. Just got off the phone with Ledgebrook Spirits (found via Google Shopping) in Connecticut and they verified they had a bottle and were pulling it out for me. The guy I talked with said there shouldn't be any problem shipping it to me but couldn't say for sure.

The only part that got me was $20 for shipping! It ended up bringing the total to $33 for the 750ml bottle which is just as much as I just paid for a 750ml bottle of Woodford Reserve bourbon!

I'll update if/when I get it.

Thanks

After re-reading the above I did want to add (so I don't sound like such a cheapskate ) that I was planning on spending about $30-$35 to cover purchase, USPS (not the typically over expensive UPS like Ledgebrook used) flat rate, and $10+ extra for time spent buying if someone on here managed to find it.

Thanks

Ryan... the brewery that made it.... Dog Fish Head or whatever is up in the North East in Gaithersburg, Maryland. So you would have a better chance of contacting the brewery directly.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Probably... But as far as I know the only way they sell direct to the public is at their ale house that is in Gaithersburg (and Falls Church, VA). The brewery itself is in DE.

If you look on their site, they have no prices listed for the beer and if you use their "Fish Finder" page, it only shows stores and distributors that carry it.

I shouldn't have any problem getting this beer delivered though. A couple years ago I had ordered a bottle of Kalashnikov Vodka and had it delivered directly to my house because I couldn't find it locally.

Thanks

SUCCESS!

Look what the Big Brown Truck just showed up with...

It took a while to get here because of a slight problem but the folks at Ledgebrook took care of it. A week after I had called Ledgebrook, they confirmed they had it, and I had placed my order I still hadn't seen a charge on my card. I called them up to see what the problem was. Apparently, they oversold the quantity listed with their eCommerce software and it was automatically canceling new orders for it unknown to them. They got it straightened out over the phone and as soon as they got dug out from the most recent snowstorm they had up in the NE they got my bottle shipped out.

Thanks

LOL

You know, damn, I forgot to look... I was in a big place up in Castle Rock this weekend buying some mead and rum and forgot to look Sorry.

JoAnne and I went to Denver for the weekend.

Spent the day at the boat show, afternoon eating shrimp and drinking the hell out of some beer at Bubba Gumps, then we hiked up the road a piece and spent a few more hours drinking more beer in Rock Bottom...

Then we.... oozed back over to the Hyatt and spent the night there on like 29th floor or somewhere. I was in a bed when I woke up anyway in the Hyatt.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Haha! No problem!

Speaking of rum, I just watched the newest Dirty Jobs that was filmed at a rum distillery. Pretty interesting to see all of that in depth!

Also, I've heard Bubba Gump's is pretty decent eats. Never been to one though, we don't have one here. We do have a Rock Bottom here in downtown Cincinnati but I've never taken the time to stop in there. How's their beer?

Thanks

Rock Bottom?

I think the beer is awesome.

I have... more than 500 visits in three years. I get 10 bucks every ten visits.

(If you start going there, join the Mug Club and you will get gifts for every so many pints. When you get to like 120 pints or so they put your name on a keg, after that they start adding a dollar for every visit and when you get ten more visits, you get 10 bucks on your next beers/meals).

Food it getting a bit expensive there though - I think they are trying to price themselves out of business.

They OWN Old Chicagos by the way (not the other way around).
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information