Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Election

Thanks

Default Re: 2012 Election

If that had been a Thompson-Palin ticket, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in.

Thompson has pissed me off by taking my money and DROPPING out, and now he's advertising that damned reverse mortgage crap.

Palin's ONLY mistake so far was to quit being Governor. Had she remained there - she'd be a shoe in for the nomination.

Regardless of what Zen and Michael say.

Honestly boys, I'd like to know your exact reasoning here for thinking so ill of her.

Zen said
    if palin is on the final ballot, republicans lose until they get the picture that "mrs. mom of america" has no business running our country.
    Well, first off I don't think you speak for Americans, especially not the Right. And Left? well HONESTLY they don't and CAN'T have an opinion of Mrs. Palin based on Common Sense and reason.

I'll tell yuo why. Most Leftists are Fatherless people. Those that have parents seem to have this attitude that "the rich get richer" off of them (when you watch and listen to the Left mainstream media that's what even the bloody rich assed actors say). There's NO experience there on the Left to talk about a woman who is a wife, mother, a governor and has gone out of her way to raise a child that was a Downs Syndrome baby. The LEFT would have had that child murdered in the womb if they could have.

Furthermore she's a lot closer to reality than anyone on the left can grasp, because most of them are afraid of guns, or eating meat, killing the animals to get the meat. They'd rather you go to the "grocery store" to buy your meat.

So - I'd like to hear a reasonable, responsible argument as to why she would be "bad for America". And use some actual truthful data for a change and get off this bullshit, emotional nonsense you're spewing.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Some video of the aforementioned Allen West "getting it" spot on with regard to Islamic terrorism.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michael2 View Post
    I can't speak for Zen but although I have nothing personally against her, Palin is unelectable.
    No such thing as "unelectable". That's a bullshit, leftist made up term.

You can't quantify what you're saying so you make up words and throw them out as if they are facts.

This is the same God Damned Conspiracy Bullshit you're touting elsewhere.

"She's Unelectable" is NOT a genuine "reason". It's a COP OUT.

Give or give up.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Gut feelings???

Michael. My BIGGEST complaint about the Left is their "feelings". I don't give a shit about their feelings, not now, not any more. I will say what I want even if it hurts their sissy asses. In fact, let them cry. I want them to cry. Go cry to their mommy or the government - but get the fuck out of my way and let real men do the job.

As for Mrs. Palin, she more "man" than 90% of the male congressmen in office today.

Polls? That's how Clinton and Obama run their offices. You can NOT run a country based on polls. You have to run it PRINCIPLE. Those two men have none.

Mrs. Palin, at least has PRINCIPLES.

Wishing she wouldn't run won't cut it either Michael. No, there's no "bleed" here except on your part and your occasional slips of your personal political position.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Let me make this perfectly clear.

She stands for Individual Rights. You do not, you believe the government hands those to you and can take them away.

She stands with Arizona on several fronts, you are against what Arizona has done.

She is a pro gun person.

you (and some others here) are ANTIGUN. You think it is ok to prevent ANYONE from getting a gun unless they get a psychological evaluation first. I don't believe that and neither does Sarah Palin.

And I could go on. But you believe she is bad for the country because she's an individualist and you don't like those people.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm agreeing here with Michael. A big beef against Palin I have is her so-called Governorship. She punked out. She wanted to be governor. She ran to be a 4 year governor. The Alaskan citizens bought what she was selling and voted her in. 2 years in she either

1) punked out, knew she was in over her head and gave up

2) was opportunistic and decided there were greener fields elsewhere to be reaped. (ie: Tea Party goals and/or Presidential aspirations exceeded her Governorship obligations.)

I know a LOT of buisness Alaskians. It used to be my CE territory for financial professionals. They were PISSED she punked out 2 years into a 4 year term. We're talking financial conservative right wing individualists. She's DEAD to them.

She's a tactical neophyte (c'mon. To be unable to manage media and control her image... rookie. WTF is she doing in reality TV. That's Obama level and liberal gutter media.), a political who can't even unite the right (look at us, we're fighting about her being unelectable), and a lightning rod Hillery of the right.

I like her. I completely respect what she's done. But she better serves as a GOP leader pushing the core to the right. She's not 2012 prime time yet.

Thanks

Toad, I don't know if you know the details of why Mrs. Palin had to quit the governorship or not.

In case you don't, the reason is that public officials who are sued in Alaska do not have a legal fund to tap. Liberals/leftists were filing numerous frivolous ethics lawsuits and forcing her to have to hire lawyers out of pocket to defend against them (costing her at least $500,000 of her own money). In addition, the lawsuits required investigations funded by the Alaskan tax payers to the tune of $300,000. Almost every one of those investigations except 2, I think, came out with her being vindicated. I know one required she reimburse the state for some travel expenses.

Rather than continuing to bankrupt her family and cost the tax payer substantial money, she decided to bow out. There are times to make, as the Marines call it, a "strategic withdraw." To try and break even and get out of the debt they ended up in, she wrote her book and signed up for the television show.

Could she have stayed in office and continued to throw money at the problems? Possibly, but it probably would have ended in nothing more than a Pyrrhic victory. Not to mention it would likely have detracted from her ability to govern and then given her detractors ammunition to claim she is poor at governing.

What I find the most funny about the quitter label is that Obama gets a pass for quitting just as early for far more selfish reasons. This is not directed at you Toad.

I just think it seems a little careless to Monday Morning Quarterback a situation as complex as it was with a pat saying like, "She's a quitter" or "She's opportunistic." Again, no offense to you intended Toad. I've just seen these things said before elsewhere and wanted to comment.

As far as controlling her image, that's a little hard to do when the press is almost unanimously out to get you because you are the exact opposite of their hardcore liberal ideology (i.e. successful, smart woman who also has a great family and didn't need any liberal crutches to accomplish them). I will say though, she does do a pretty good job in controlling the message. Remember the whole "death panel" thing?

Thanks

Yes, I'm fully aware if circumstances behind it, but it still leads to the question that if it happened at a Governor lelvel, why wouldn't you think it'd happen at a Presidential level. Plus it's the perception of quitting that is also part of her baggage she'll struggle with. She's a magnet for political conflict. Were she to run she'll rally the left as much if not more so than the right. It'll be a bigger stage and she'll be neck deep in old issue again.

Like I said, I like her as a person, I respect what she's been able to do as a conservative advocate. I think she's still a political rookie. I'm just not going to throw my support behind someone I consider unelectable until I have no other choice because she's on the ticket.

Thanks

Principles are fine, except that Palin shows signs of being an opportunist, and that regardless of that she WONT WIN. I like the fact that she seems to have more balls than most male politicians (she'd almost have to in order to survive politics). But that isn't going to put her in the White House in 2012. I don't want Sarah Palin, you're right, because we're gonna need a Abraham Lincoln, or Ronald Reagan at least, to fix the mess in DC. She isn't great, she's only mediocre at best.

Signs??

Be specific. Get down to the brass tacks. What things has she done?

You can't just hit and run.

Ronald Reagan in my opinion was greater that Lincoln.

Palin isn't being given a chance because people like you put her down for NO REASON.

"shows signs of being an opportunist". WTF does that mean?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Wrong on all counts. What I believe is that regardless of human or individual rights which come from GOD, in this World that doesn't mean squat, if it isn't buttressed by MIGHT, MIGHT AGAINST MIGHT, which hyperindividualism almost by definition doesn't possess. If you got anything else from what i've said, i'm sorry and I mean that.

Not antigun. I'm for a 'well-regulated militia'.

And yes
    You're fucking playing WORD games. *I* and RYAN are that well regulated militia. WE, not a military. You're playing a leftist word game.

I CAN back that up too with might.

Individual RIGHTS come first, Michael over your misinformed idealism of "some of all and all for none" attitude.

You'd be surprised what kind of nonsense you're actually spouting with making up words like "hyperindividualism".
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Yes, I'm fully aware if circumstances behind it, but it still leads to the question that if it happened at a Governor lelvel, why wouldn't you think it'd happen at a Presidential level. Plus it's the perception of quitting that is also part of her baggage she'll struggle with. She's a magnet for political conflict. Were she to run she'll rally the left as much if not more so than the right. It'll be a bigger stage and she'll be neck deep in old issue again.

Like I said, I like her as a person, I respect what she's been able to do as a conservative advocate. I think she's still a political rookie. I'm just not going to throw my support behind someone I consider unelectable until I have no other choice because she's on the ticket.
    Can you name one lawsuit against a sitting President? Nope. The US Government is sued, and it has deep, deep pockets, good lawyers and usually wins. But at the same time can you imagine a President quitting "to save the tax payers money"? I have extreme doubts Obama would do it.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post

It isn't nearly as easy to get an ethics investigation initiated at the Federal level since those have to originate in Congress. And as Rick pointed out, FedGov can fund defense in those investigations.

I will agree with you that Palin is a political lightning rod but only because the press, the Left, and a lot of Old Guard GOP have a hard-on for her. I also agree with you about the baggage now associated with that. Because of those things she is unlikely to hold major public office as a head of a ticket, unless she ends up in there as VP or similar first.

However, if it's a Presidential candidate pool with her being the only Conservative candidate, she's getting my vote without a second thought.

On the positive side, all her dirty laundry has already been aired and largely cleared up. The only dirty laundry that is still an issue is the same tired old stuff people refuse to let go of. There aren't really any secrets with her.

I'm not trying to be flip and have an honest question for michael, zen, and Toad... Who do you guys see as your ideal candidate?

Thanks

I will agree with you that Palin is a political lightning rod but only because the press, the Left, and a lot of Old Guard GOP have a hard-on for her.
    hehehehe interesting choice of words, there Ryan. I think a lot more than that group does. /snicker

Her ONLY real problem is that she is a woman. She is a woman who was a beauty contest winner - Miss Wassila, she was a NEWS reporter, specifically sports.... men hate that shit.

And this is what the Lefties say about her:

Who is Sarah Palin? Here's a quick rundown of her resumé: she's the former point guard and captain of the Wasilla (Alaska) High School Warriors who went on to become Miss Wasilla 1984 before working as a local news sports reporter who then served as city councilwoman and mayor of the town of about 9,000 before being elected governor of her home state just two years ago. Take a look back at the woman who failed to become Miss Alaska, but, if elected, would be a heartbeat away from becoming President of the United States of America.
    That's from the Huffington Post. The most LEFT of all news organizations in America - who just bought AOL this morning.

The problem is that men, on both sides of politics, left and right, want to see "dizty beauty queens" and not intelligent, good looking women in those positions. It makes them feel like they are lesser men if they are led by a woman - especially one that was a "dizty beauty queen".

The Left, and the Right need to give it a fucking rest. The woman is no more "un electable" than Newt Gingrich, or John McCain, except that she's a woman.

Some of the people on this site are THREATENED by her! That's all it is.

I'm about as hard core as any man on this planet, and you can ask anyone that knows me personally - but by God I don't have a problem with my masculinity because a woman might possibly be "in charge" of the US Government.

This country has been screaming about "equal rights" forever. It's about God Damned time we put our money where our mouths are. We elected a Black Man president - because they said "it was time". Well, it's high time a woman took over for that man because he sure as hell can't do the job at ALL.

And it isn't because he's BLACK, it's because he is a sophomoric buffoon with a Leftist Bent. That he is black has NOTHING to do with his brains or intelligence. It's his Left leaning attitude toward his country (if he was really born here that is). It's all about his want to change America to something it is NOT.

What is Sarah Palin? An American, a STRONG America woman, not unlike the pioneer women of this country whom you rarely read about in History books because MEN wrote the books.

On the positive side, all her dirty laundry has already been aired and largely cleared up. The only dirty laundry that is still an issue is the same tired old stuff people refuse to let go of. There aren't really any secrets with her.
    And there wasn't all that much that was dirty and that too pisses people off. The left is pissy about her baby boy who has Downs Syndrome. Why? Because that's a baby THEY would have murdered.

Obama still hasn't even provided proof he was born in this country. And he never will, he's the "President" now and he's "Above the Law".

However, if it's a Presidential candidate pool with her being the only Conservative candidate, she's getting my vote without a second thought.
    Damned Right. It's the MANLY thing to do in this country, finally.

Men for TOO frigging long in this country has been sissified into what you see today. And they hate it, but are too sissy to say so.

Men should be SUPPORTING women. They work harder than men do 90% of time and get little credit for it. They keep households, raise children, HAVE children, rarely complain. When one runs for office, especially a Right Wing woman, she gets turned into hamburger by the men who SHOULD be defending her.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rick donaldson View Post
    hehehehe interesting choice of words, there ryan. I think a lot more than that group does. /snicker

a

Thanks

Was just listening to Fox while I shove some food in my face, Mike Gallagher was talking about Palin.

Basically he verbalized what is pissing me off.

A local group here in Colorado "Canceled" a speaking engagement (a military fund thing, didn't hear who) early this morning citing "the security of Sarah Palin".

Apparently there were "threats" of some kind, unknown.... and according to the organization there were "direct threats against Mrs. Palin"....

So I ask you, who the FUCK do these people think they are threatening anyone, or any group because these people don't like Palin?

Who the HELL do some of you people think you are trying to "shut her up"?

I'm fed up with that crap. We had to listen to Obama for damned near two years before he was elected on "Hope and Change" and when a woman comes along who is actually able to wear the pants in this country, people like Michael and to some extent Toad (and others here) put her down instead of let her SPEAK.

I'm sick of that shit. If I have to listen to the LEFT by GOD they are going to listen to the RIght.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

February 07, 2011
    Palin Appearance at Military Fundraiser Canceled After 'Negative Feedback'

Reuters
    A foundation hosting a charity gala for military families canceled its plans to feature former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin at the event after "an onslaught of negative feedback" received by the organization.

The Colorado-based Sharon K Pacheco Foundation, which also support at-risk youth, announced Friday that Palin would be a host at its 2011 Patriots and Warriors Charity Gala. The next day, the foundation announced it canceled Palin's appearance.

"Due to an onslaught of personal attacks against Governor Palin and others associated with her appearance, it is with deep sadness and disappointment that, in the best interest of all, we cancel the event for safety concerns," the foundation announced on its website. The site still featured a picture of Palin next to the announcement she had been canceled.

Noting "the call for civility in America," following the Jan. 8 Tucson shooting, the group said it "deeply respects" Palin and "appreciates her willingness" to attend, but out of "concern for her safety and the safety of others" changed the event date and speaker.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2...#ixzz1DItPhFDP
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Posted February 5, 2011, 4:30 pm MT
    Citing safety concerns, Colorado nonprofit cancels Sarah Palin event

By Jeremy Meyer
    Denver Post Staff Writer

Comments (18)
    Print
    Tweet

Saying it received an “onslaught of personal attacks”, a Colorado nonprofit on Saturday announced it was canceling a scheduled May appearance in Glendale by former Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin — according to a press release and Facebook posting.
    But problematic timing for the event and possibly lagging ticket sales could be another reason. Calls to the organization and its founder, Leo Pacheco, were not returned Saturday.
    Palin, the former Alaskan governor and possible Republican presidential candidate, was to be the keynote speaker at the May 2 Patriots & Warriors Gala at the Infinity Park Events Center in Glendale.
    The event sponsored by the Sharon K. Pacheco Foundation was announced to the press on Friday but was canceled today due to “safety concerns resulting from an onslaught of negative feedback received by the organization.”
    “Due to an onslaught of personal attacks against Gov. Palin and others associated with her appearance, it is with deep sadness and disappointment that, in the best interest of all, we cancel the event for safety concerns,” according to the press release.
    A press release issued by the Sarah K. Pacheco Foundation about 4 p.m. Saturday said no “direct threats have been made against anyone, but the recent increase in negative rhetoric against the former Alaska governor raises concern for her safety and the safety of others.”

The information was also featured on the Sharon K. Pacheco’s Facebook page.
    The event had intended to raise money for military families.
    However, the timing of the Colorado event was in direct conflict with the May 2 NBC/Politico Republican Presidential Candidates debate scheduled to occur at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California.
    Further examination of the organization’s tax records show a nonprofit that had barely collected any money over the past five years — raising only $1,000 in 2008 and having net assets of only $2,204 in 2009.
    The Palin event had been announced a month ago on the organization’s Facebook page. The $185-per-person tickets had gone on sale Jan. 16.
    On Jan. 30, the website offered a $15 off deal. And on Wednesday the organization had slashed tickets in half.
    Friday, a press release went out to media outlets to announce the Palin appearance. The Denver Post ran a story about the event in Saturday’s newspaper. Later on Saturday, the event was canceled due to “threats.”
    Calls to area authorities on Saturday found that no threats were reported to law enforcement agencies from the organization.
    The Sharon K. Pacheco Foundation, founded shortly after the 2001 terrorist attacks, said it plans to hold the gala some time in the future but with a different speaker.
    Here is the text of the press release issued Saturday:
    The Sharon K Pacheco Foundation (SKP Foundation) announced today the cancellation of the 2011 Patriots & Warriors Charity Gala, featuring former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, citing safety concerns resulting from an onslaught of negative feedback received by the organization after yesterday’s announcement.
    “Due to an onslaught of personal attacks against Governor Palin and others associated with her appearance, it is with deep sadness and disappointment that, in the best interest of all, we cancel the event for safety concerns,” says the Foundation’s Director.
    He points out that no direct threats have been made against anyone, but the recent increase in negative rhetoric against the former Alaska governor “raises concern for her safety and the safety of others despite the call for civility in America,” following the tragic Tucson shooting.
    The organization deeply respects Sarah Palin, and appreciates her willingness to come and honor our military.
    The organization plans to host the event at some point in the future, featuring another speaker.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Well, that hardon you mentioned is for my wife, I was merely pointing out that others might have one. lol

Well, then get this if you get nothing else out of this discussion.

If you keep talking her down, from OUR side she never will get anywhere. When our own side talks her down it's fodder for the Left.

The left can do their own dirty work. If you STOP (and others stop) she might actually SUCCEED where McCain failed.

Palin carried that election, not McCain.

That's the point of this argument. YOU and others won't even GIVE her a chance, and you can't actually find anything wrong with her except made up shit.

"un electable" isn't even true, she was elected as governor of the largest state in America.

All the other things people have said reveals their deep down hatred of women.

What difference should it make in this day and age if the President is a man or a woman... if they are bad assed enough to do the job, then it shouldn.t
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I would rather lose a fight that was based on principles than win one based on a third party making me look good with sound bytes.
    And we end up with yet another Obomination.

I'm with Toad. Palin is not electable. I'll tell you what it means, it means she can't get enough votes. She's tainted goods. If someone dumps a bucket of shit on you, some of it is bound to stick. This is what the left has done and plenty of people believe the lies. Same with Newt, he's not electable either. There's a bunch of them that cannot win no matter how much we'd like them too.

Besides, even _I_ can't stand to listen to Palin speak and I support her 100%.

I hope the crew from last time doesn't just recycle for this trip. The only one I sort of liked was Fred Thompson. I'd vote for Duncan Hunter too, but again, I don't think he could draw enough votes.

Like it or not, there are people who need to see the inner liberal in a candidate or they won't vote for them...some of these people are the swing votes and they are the ones who decide the election. Us on the hard right simply cancel out the commies on the hard left.
    Last edited by Malsua; February 8th, 2011 at 18:12.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

As I've said a couple times so far - I like Sarah Palin. I'm not trying to put her down. I was trying to just verbalize my opinion why I don't think she has a chance to actually win the big ticket race. I'm not throwing my chips in with her this early, I just want to see who else is running and the final contenders first. She's just definately not my first choice because she's such a lightning rod for attacks.

Thread Information