Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Election

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Default Re: 2012 Election

What gets me is that the Samuel L Jackson bullshit works. What the hell has our citizenry turned into? Apparently a bunch of ultra-ignorant, culture chasing, amoral, mega-liberal, I'll-vote-for-him-cus-he-bought-me-a-phone fucking morons. How can the majority of people not care that virtually every word that escapes Obama's substandard brain is a fabrication? I'm fed up.

The writing is on the wall. Bring it. Maybe it's time for an internal ass kicking.

Thanks

lol... You know MMCO, you're just like me.

Maybe we ought to get together for another burger and beer so we can bitch about things again.

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I might need that. No one around here seems to care. They're all riding in a nice comfy handbasket.

Thanks

Well, I think I'm supposed to "host" next time, no? LOL

Rock Bottom, Colorado Springs... Weekends or Weekday evenings, when you want.

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    What gets me is that the Samuel L Jackson bullshit works. What the hell has our citizenry turned into? Apparently a bunch of ultra-ignorant, culture chasing, amoral, mega-liberal, I'll-vote-for-him-cus-he-bought-me-a-phone fucking morons. How can the majority of people not care that virtually every word that escapes Obama's substandard brain is a fabrication? I'm fed up.

The writing is on the wall. Bring it. Maybe it's time for an internal ass kicking.

If you haven't, watch it. It's a future documentary.

I used to think it was hilarious. Now it depresses me.

Thanks

Ow! my balls!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Go 'way, batin'!

Thanks

Damn, posted at the same time!

Thanks

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I stay in Aurora during the week which is only 60 miles from the Springs. Could take a drive down some weeknight in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Well, I think I'm supposed to "host" next time, no? LOL

Rock Bottom, Colorado Springs... Weekends or Weekday evenings, when you want.

LOL

Thanks

You'd be welcome. Give me a day or so heads up though. I have to make sure I'm even available. I'm sometimes busy on some evenings with family stuff or whatever.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Understood.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Yeah, it clicked later. That was before coffee. LOL

The context above "We HAVE to elect Romney, I think he'll be a better President than Frank Davis Jr." threw me off, I was thinking he was someone else running on some other party ticket. It wasn't until I was looking at another thread that the lights came on.
    Sorry about that, I was trying to make a subtle dig at 'Obama's' real roots....

Thanks

Mitt Romney close to President Obama in national poll but slipping in swing states

10/01/2012 12:47 PM

By Callum Borchers, Globe Correspondent
    Mitt Romney is almost neck-and-neck with President Obama among nationwide voters, according to a Washington Post/ABC News poll released on Monday, but the Republican nominee has fallen behind by double digits in the swing states most likely to decide the outcome of the election.

Obama’s swing-state lead is 52 percent to 41 percent among likely voters in New Hampshire, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Wisconsin, Iowa, Colorado and Nevada, the poll showed. Nationally, the race is a virtual dead heat, with the president up, 49-47

The 11-point gap in the swing-state survey is wider than other recent polls, but surveys over the last week have consistently shown Obama pulling ahead in the election’s battlegrounds.
    Romney has an opportunity to cut into Obama’s lead on Wednesday in the first debate of the campaign.
    Romney’s team has tried to minimize expectations and has cast the president as the favorite -- a time-tested campaign strategy designed to set up a surprise win. But on Sunday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie boasted that Romney will turn the tide with a strong debate performance in Denver.

Raise Your Voice
    Click to contact candidates or elected officials about this issue. “Come Thursday morning, the entire narrative of this race is going to change,” Christie said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“You saw the change in those polls happen very quickly, and I’m here to tell you this morning it can happen very quickly back the other way,” Christie added. “And I think the beginning of that is Wednesday night, when Governor Romney, for the first time, gets on the same stage as the president of the United States, and people can make a direct comparison about them and their visions for the future.’’
    The Washington Post/ABC poll showed likely voters across the country believe by a 55-31 margin that Obama will win Wednesday’s debate.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Skewed Columbus Dispatch poll of Ohio shows padded Obama lead

U.S. President Barack Obama speaks at a campaign rally at Desert Pines High School on September 30, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Credits:
    Photo by John Gurzinski/Getty Images

Tweet

0 Email

Get Republican alerts!

Related topics

Advertisement

The Columbus Dispatch poll of Ohio released late yesterday is yet another skewed poll of one of the key swing states that over-sample Democratic voters to produce results favorable to the president. The poll reports President Obama leading over Mitt Romney by a margin of 51 percent to 42 percent. But this is based on a sample that includes 8.6 percent more Democrats than it does Republicans for a state electorate that is made up of one percent more Republicans than Democrats. This 9.6 percent over-sampling of Democrats gives Obama a nine percent lead in survey data that should show Obama leading by only 1.8 percent instead, a difference lower than the survey's 2.2 percent margin of error. As with many recent surveys, such as the CNN/ORC poll last month and the previous Washington Post/ABC News poll, the skew favors Obama by several percent.
    The Columbus Dispatch poll, gistered voters that included 1662 likely voters, surveyed between September 19-29, via land line and cell phone calls and has a margin of error of 2.2 percent.
    The Columbus Dispatch poll includes 1662 likely voters, of which 42.9 percent are Democrats, 34.3 percent are Republicans and 19.4 percent are independent or unenrolled voters. The state's registered voters include 37 percent Republicans, 36 percent Democrats and 27 percent independents. The difference means the Columbus Dispatch poll over-sampled Democratic voters by 9.6 percent.
    The Columbus Dispatch poll reports at 51 percent to 42 percent lead for Obama. By calculation from the data reported in the poll, the following breakdowns are arrived at for support of the candidates among Democrats, Republicans and independents. Democrats support Obama 93 percent to three percent among Democrats while Mitt Romney leads 90 percent to five percent among Republican voters and Obama leading 45 percent to 42 percent among Independent voters.
    When the data from the Columbus Dispatch poll is unskewed by weighting their reported percentages between Romney and Obama to the partisan of the registered voters of Ohio, the overall picture of the race is different. With Republicans weighted 37 percent, Democrats at 36 percent and Independents at 27 percent, the results calculate to Obama leading much closer, by a 47.5 percent to 45.7 percent with about three percent undecided. A large majority of the undecided voters, who usually break for the challenger in a presidential race involving the incumbent president, can be expected to swing toward Romney and lead to a likely Romney majority on election day according to this polling data.
    This survey is not the only such poll recently to be skewed by over-sampling Democrats to skew the results in favor of Barack Obama. Last week, the last CNN/ORC poll was similarly skewed. Last month on the Fox News segment “Campaign Insiders” today, Democratic pollsters Pat Caddell and Doug Schoen both confirmed their belief that major polls are skewed in favor of the Democrats by over-sampling of Democratic voters when the surveys are conducted.
    So many of these skewed polls have been unskewed here in this column they are now averaged, in unskewed form, in the new UnskewedPolls.com UnSkewed Average of Polls that today shows Romney leading by 7.4 percent.
    Let your voice be heard, take the QStarNews Daily Tracking Poll, just a few quick questions, and the full QStarNews Poll with many interesting questions.
    Featured in The Blaze, the Drudge Report and mentioned on the Rush Limbaugh Show and others, everyone is visiting UnSkewedPolls.com to check out the UnSkewedPolls.com average of unskewed polls.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Real Clear Politics is showing Obama leading by roughly 7 points in the averaged polls.

Edit. Sorry by 3.7 points.
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...child_soldiers

AND people want Obama to have another term. Yet another doublespeak from the liar in chief. Denounces child soldiers as being slaves, then gives a pass to countries that use this practice, only days after that speech.

Obama waives sanctions on countries that use child soldiers

Posted By Josh Rogin Monday, October 1, 2012 - 1:48 PM Share

U.S. President Barack Obama issued a new executive order last week to fight human trafficking, touting his administration's handling of the issue.

"When a little boy is kidnapped, turned into a child soldier, forced to kill or be killed -- that's slavery," Obama said in a speech at the Clinton Global Initiative. "It is barbaric, and it is evil, and it has no place in a civilized world. Now, as a nation, we've long rejected such cruelty."

But for the third year in a row, Obama has waived almost all U.S. sanctions that would punish certain countries that use child soldiers, upsetting many in the human rights community.

Late Friday afternoon, Obama issued a presidential memorandum waiving penalties under the Child Soldiers Protection Act of 2008 for Libya, South Sudan, and Yemen, penalties that Congress put in place to prevent U.S. arms sales to countries determined by the State Department to be the worst abusers of child soldiers in their militaries. The president also partially waived sanctions against the Democratic Republic of the Congo to allow some military training and arms sales to that country.

Human rights advocates saw the waivers as harmful to the goal of using U.S. influence to urge countries that receive military assistance to move away from using child soldiers and contradictory to the rhetoric Obama used in his speech.

"After such a strong statement against the exploitation of children, it seems bizarre that Obama would give a pass to countries using children in their armed forces and using U.S. tax money to do that," saidJesse Eaves, the senior policy advisor for child protection at World Vision.

The Obama administration doesn't want to upset its relationships with countries that it needs for security cooperation, but the blanket use of waivers is allowing the administration to avoid the law's intent, which was to use force the U.S. government to put a greater priority on human rights and child protection when doling out military aid, he said.

"The intent in this law was to use this waiver authority only in extreme circumstances, yet this has become an annual thing and this has become the default of this administration," Eaves said.

The Romney campaign has made Obama's record on human rights a feature of its foreign-policy critique, with top advisors accusing the president of deprioritizing the issue, often in sweeping terms.

"Barack Obama has broken with a tradition that goes back to Woodrow Wilson about human rights and values animating our foreign policy. This administration has not been an effective voice for human rights," said Romney campaign senior advisor for foreign policy Rich Williamson, who also served as George W. Bush's special envoy to Sudan, told The Cable in July.

Bushsigned the child-soldiers law in 2008. It prohibits U.S. military education and training, foreign military financing, and other defense-related assistance to countries that actively recruit troops under the age of 18. Countries are designated as violators if the State Department's annual Trafficking in Persons report identifies them as recruiting child soldiers. The original bill was sponsored by Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL).

Obama first waived the sanctions in 2010, the first year they were to go into effect. At that time, the White House failed to inform Congress or the NGO community of its decision in advance, setting off a fierce backlash. A justification memo obtained by The Cable at the time made several security-related arguments for the waivers. Sudan was going through a fragile transition, for example. Yemen was crucial to counterterrorism cooperation, the administration argued.

But NSC Senior Director for Multilateral Affairs Samantha Power told NGO leaders at the time that the waivers would not become a recurring event.

"Our judgment was: Brand them, name them, shame them, and then try to leverage assistance in a fashion to make this work," Power said, saying the administration wanted to give the violator countries one more year to show progress. "Our judgment is we'll work from inside the tent."

But the next year, in 2011, Obama waived almost all the sanctions once again, using largely the same justifications, except that the administration argued that the law didn't apply to South Sudan because it wasn't a country until July 2011. Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE) tried to pass new legislation to force Obama to notify Congress before issuing the waivers.

Fortenberry called the decision an "assault on human dignity," and said, "Good citizens of this country who do not want to be complicit in this grave human rights abuse must challenge this administration."
    This year, the State Department held a briefing for NGO leaders and human rights activists to answer questions about the waivers and try to ally their concerns.

"They are addressing the concerns of the legislation in a more pragmatic and useful way than in the past, but they still have a ways to go and this was a clear missed opportunity," Rachel Stohl, a senior associate at the Stimson Center who attended the briefing, told The Cable. "You want the waivers to be used very sparingly but some of these countries get the waiver every year."

Stohl rejects the administration's argument that countries like Libya and South Sudan are so fragile that they can't be leaned on to do better on human rights.
    "I would argue that this is exactly the right time to make clear to Libya what the parameters are," she said.

Jo Becker, advocacy director for the children's rights division at Human Rights Watch, told The Cable that where the United States has used some pressure, such as in the DRC, where there was a partial cutoff of military aid last year, there was a positive effect.

"After years of foot-dragging, Congo is close to signing a U.N. action plan to end its use of child soldiers," she said. "But in other countries with child soldiers, including South Sudan, Libya, and Yemen, the U.S. continues to squander its leverage by giving military aid with no conditions."

NSC Spokesman Tommy Vietor did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

AFP/Getty Images

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Late Friday afternoon, Obama issued a presidential memorandum waiving penalties under the Child Soldiers Protection Act of 2008 for Libya, South Sudan, and Yemen, penalties that Congress put in place to prevent U.S. arms sales to countries determined by the State Department to be the worst abusers of child soldiers in their militaries. The president also partially waived sanctions against the Democratic Republic of the Congo to allow some military training and arms sales to that country.

This part of the the Anti-Colonialist who hates his country dismantling plans.

There is a growing pattern here.

As a Senator in 2007, Obama backed the "Muslim-Christian Battle" in Africa. Children were taken from their families and made to fight and hunt down political enemies which are Christians, this has now spread throughout the Middle East in the Administrations Arab Spring.

The Obama Administration's foreign policy has been stirring up Radical Muslim fire ant mounts throughout the Middle East over the past year while at the same time organizing and installing the most Radical groups to power.

Not just to create an atmosphere for a new Caliphate to take hold, but to also take in large numbers of Islamic refugees to the United States.

He didn't just started this effort after his Arab Spring in 2011, he did this on his first day in office:

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    $20.3 Million to aid refugees
    Obama opening floodgates by inviting Hamas to “migrate” to the U.S.A.?

By Judi McLeod & Michael Travis
    Thursday, February 5, 2009

On his first official day in the White House, President Barack Obama was on the horn to President Mahmoud Abbas.

“The spokesman for President Abbas revealed that Mr. Obama had told the Palestinian leader that their conversation was his first with a foreign statesman since taking office.” (TimesOnLine, Jan. 22, 2009).

Some thought that first call to the leader of the Palestinian authority was for spite. Others for statesman like reasons, still others for appeasement.

Given that a clip from Al-Jazeera televised Hamas-controlled Palestinians “burning up the phone bank from Gaza” to rally support for his presidential campaign, perhaps the telephone call was made out of gratitude.

Seven days later on January 27, President Obama signed Presidential Determination No. 2009-15, which allocates $20.3 million for Palestinian migration and refugee assistance.

Today a memo sent by President Obama to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seems to invite Hamas to “migrate” into the United States of America.

The presidential determination covers the “Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs Related to Gaza.”

“By the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (the “Act”), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601), I hereby determine, pursuant to section 2 (c) (1) of the Act, that it is important to the national interest to furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not to exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration needs, including by contributions to international, governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and payment of administrative expenses of Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza. (Italics CFP’s).

“You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register,” President Obama instructs the new Secretary of State.

Two days before Obama’s inauguration, Israel began pulling its troops out of Gaza.

One week after his inauguration, President Obama designated $20.3 million to the Palestinians in Gaza.

What security measures are in place to keep Hamas terrorists from gaining free access into the U.S.?

“Is President Obama opening the floodgates and inviting Hamas to “migrate” to the U.S.A.?

Obama said regarding political winds shifting: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction"

Obama backed the 1.5 Billion in foreign aid to Egypt….and we apologized?

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA: "I will stand with the Muslims. . .

Will injustices in America ever go away completely?

by: j. grant swank, jr | published: 07 01, 2008

Note what B. Hussein Obama says in his own words. They are from his books entitled “Dreams of My Father” and “Audacity of Hope.

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.

B. Hussein was writing about the injustices suffered by some in America. In that context he wrote that sentence.

Will injustices in America ever go away completely? No. We live in an imperfect world. Therefore, will the situation ever arise by which Muslims in the United States will cry out for B. Hussein to lean in their favor. Of course. And will he?

Well, he’s already said he will “stand with the Muslims.” Need we go any further?

More from “Dreams of My Father,” B. Hussein writes: “I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

And further in that same book: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.

There is more: “There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.

Has the Jeremiah Wright twenty year tutoring of anti-white, pro-blackism wedded to B. Hussein’s perspective regarding blacks and whites? No doubt.

B. Hussein writes in “Dreams of My Father” that “it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

This is particularly telling and frightening: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.

Did you get that? Malcolm X, racist who despises white people, is his hero.

Concerning his father, note: “He comes from a father who was a Muslim,” said civil rights author Juan Williams of National Public Radio. “I mean, I think that given we’re at war with Muslim extremists, that presents a problem.

In addition, Obama’s stepfather was a practicing Muslim.

Now we have him carrying with him a Hindu charm. Because of this, Hindus have congregated worldwide to celebrate B. Hussein’s election as US President.

For instance, in India there is the All-India Congress Committee member Brij Mohan Bhama having organized an 11-day religious ceremony at Karol Bagh for B. Hussein’s success in the presidential elections. All this is because Hindus learned that B. Hussein carries a miniature Hanuman idol in his pocket.

A larger configuration of the charm is formed as an impressive idol to be mailed to B. Hussein.

“We will ensure that Mr. Obama receives the idol by August 24, a day before the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado,” said Mr. Bhama.

No wonder B. Hussein truly despises biblical Christians usually referred to as “evangelicals.” His situation ethics relativistic liberal religion is antithetical to biblical Christianity.

If in the Oval Office, he will see to it that biblical Christianity is erased completely. There will not be one sign of the Judeo-Christian heritage left once B. Hussein is in the White House.

Companion Threads:

Islamic flood coming to America? How many tens of millions?

lalouisiane