Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Election

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 2012 Election

On Trump.

As a successful business man, not a lifetime politician or attorney, that is the filter to view is actions. Business.

If he does run for Pres, ok, his decisions are about our country and business blooming again.

If he does not run for Pres, ok, his decisions are about our country and business blooming again.

Either way, he is an influence and a formidable one to take back the reigns on this wild legislature.

I have heard so many views on the Birth Cert issue as the long form was finally released today by Obama. No doubt, it was Trump who forced that to happen, but it still begs the question of why did O wait so long?

My suspicion is the Birth Cert issue was large enough to keep a segment of people who do not adore O distracted or with less resources to see the other things going on. A diversion as it were. That may be why the expense was taken to suppress litigation on it etc. It was a long term distraction that could still be going on.

Now it is a moot point. One less layer of magic hand for O, or is it the curtain is a few threads less thick.

That has been what has bothered me most perhaps. This Executive Office and Staff and other folks like Czars all do so many things and push so many buttons, it is near improbable to keep track of everything, and even less so when running people on wild goose hunts. A lot of talk has been made about the who in offices and it sometimes overshadows parts of the What they are doing.

Healthcare. Another huge issue for O that clouded news of other things.

Thanks

Obama waited "so long" because he wanted to create enough controversy about this that people saying "Show us the birth certificate" appear to be kooks.

They aren't kooks. They are people like all of us who've had to show OUR birth certificates and it's plain wrong that average citizens have to show theirs and some guy who might have been born anywhere won't show his.

This was a calculated risk on Obama's part and it failed. And he's still hiding the truth.

Basically, this was a distraction - releasing it YESTERDAY (as opposed to releasing it ever, or releasing it when it was questioned originally).
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

The GOP needs to get their shit together RFN.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/04/barack-obama-2012-campaign_n_844221.html

It's official: President Barack Obama will run for reelection in 2012.

The president's intention to seek another term was announced in a video sent to supporters via email and text message on Monday. Over the weekend, multipleoutletsreportedthat the launch of Obama's reelection campaign was imminent.

Thanks

My above point was illustrating that this Administration is doing so many things it is nearly if not truly impossible for one person to track it all. Add in layers of 'issues' that are controlled and it further masks the whole picture.

I was not suggesting that those who want a real birth cert shown were kooks, merely saying it is a controlled issue that helps/helped the Admin to control the situation.

Thanks

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...dential-run-/1

Newt Gingrich to launch presidential bid Wednesday
    May 09, 2011

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich will formally launch a bid for president via Facebook and Twitter on Wednesday, according to his spokesman.

Gingrich spokesman Rick Tyler said today that the new media announcements will be followed by an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity on Wednesday night. Gingrich, a former Georgia GOP congressman, will give his first public speech about his candidacy at the Georgia Republican Party Convention on Friday.

In a Facebook post Monday, Gingrich thanked supporters for the encouragement to run.

"I have been humbled by all the encouragement you have given me to run. Thank you for your support," Gingrich wrote. "Be sure to watch Hannity this Wednesday at 9pm ET/8pm CT. I will be on to talk about my run for President of the United States."
    Gingrich announced a "testing the waters" committee in March, a distinction that falls short of a formal declaration.

Gingrich, who served in the House's top job from 1995-1998, has launched his campaign headquarters in Atlanta. He did not participate last week in the first GOP presidential debate of the 2012 election cycle, held in South Carolina.

Thanks

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/13/ron-paul-officially-announces-2012-presidential-bid/

Ron Paul Officially Announces 2012 Presidential Bid

Published May 13, 2011
    | NewsCore

EXETER, N.H. -- Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, officially entered the race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination Friday.

He said, "At this moment I'm officially announcing I am a candidate."
    "The time has come around to the point where the people are agreeing with much of what I've been saying for 30 years so I think the time is right," he told ABC's "Good Morning America."

Paul, 75, made the announcement ahead of a rally in Exeter, part of a two-day swing through New Hampshire following a stop in Iowa.

The libertarian, who has already run twice for the presidency in 1988 and 2008, had already formed a presidential exploratory committee, opened an office in Iowa and raised more than a million dollars online on the day of the first Republican presidential debate in South Carolina last week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/13/ron-paul-officially-announces-2012-presidential-bid/

Ron Paul Officially Announces 2012 Presidential Bid

Published May 13, 2011
    | NewsCore

EXETER, N.H. -- Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, officially entered the race for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination Friday.

He said, "At this moment I'm officially announcing I am a candidate."
    "The time has come around to the point where the people are agreeing with much of what I've been saying for 30 years so I think the time is right," he told ABC's "Good Morning America."

Paul, 75, made the announcement ahead of a rally in Exeter, part of a two-day swing through New Hampshire following a stop in Iowa.

The libertarian, who has already run twice for the presidency in 1988 and 2008, had already formed a presidential exploratory committee, opened an office in Iowa and raised more than a million dollars online on the day of the first Republican presidential debate in South Carolina last week.
    1) He won't get the nomination for Republican candidate. (he didn't announce according to the news this morning for Libertarian, or Independent, but for Republican)

2) He's still a fucking kook and I won't vote for him ANYWAY.

3) he's 75 (if they can attack Reagan and McCain's ages, I can point his out).

4) he won't get elected even if he does get a majority of people voting for him. Obama will win against him.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Gingrich will never get my vote.

For the record:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/gingrich-health-care-insurance/2011/05/15/id/396426

Gingrich Backs Obamacare's Individual Mandate Requiring Health Insurance

Sunday, 15 May 2011 07:18 PM
    By Newsmax Wires

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Sunday that he strongly supports a federal mandate requiring citizens to buy health insurance – a position that has been rejected by many Republicans, including several who likely will be running against him for the Republican presidential nomination.

Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Gingrich told host David Gregory that he continues to advocate for a plan he first called for in the early 1990s as a Congressman, which requires every uninsured citizen to purchase or acquire health insurance.

Gregory played a clip of Gingrich speaking during an appearance on Meet the Press in October 1993:
    “I am for people, individuals -- exactly like automobile insurance -- individuals having health insurance and being required to have health insurance. And I am prepared to vote for a voucher system which will give individuals, on a sliding scale, a government subsidy so we insure that everyone as individuals have health insurance.”

Gregory asked Gingrich if he would criticize GOP presidential rival Mitt Romney, whose "Romneycare" health program enacted during his time as Governor in Massachusetts mandated that all uninsured purchase health insurance.

Gingrich replied he would not make it an issue in the campaign and said he agreed with key aspects of Romneycare.

"I agree that all of us have a responsibility to pay--help pay for health care," Gingrich said, adding, "I've said consistently we ought to have some requirement that you either have health insurance or you post a bond ..."

Gingrich also admitted that his proposal is a "variation" of the individual mandate, a key component of the Obamacare legislation President Obama signed into law in 2010.

The position staked out by Gingrich appears to be at odds with leading conservative critics of Obamacare, who argue that the law requiring citizens to purchase a private insurance policy is not constitutional.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

And lets not forget this gem...

In case you can't read the URL at the bottom, it is wecansolveit.org

Thanks

I think Obama has a good chance with Gingrich getting a nomination. I don't see Gingrich getting it though
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

There are no GOP electables. Ron Paul is the most real thing the GOP has right now and they should campaign off his vibe. The first GOP electable candidate that endorses what Ron Paul is saying, everyone else will listen. Ron Paul is way ahead of his time. Ending the Fed is a bit extreme, but calling the Fed out on being the monitary whore house it is takes years of experience and balls. Ron Paul questions things. I like that. His achillies heel for being elected as a GOP candidate is he doesn't come across as being tough.

1st person to throw in his Alex Jones interview hasn't been paying attention to what Ron Paul really says. He's open to questions and ideas. That doesn't mean he's an Alex Jones lover or a 9/11 truther.

I'd actually like everyone's opinion on Ron Paul that DOESN"T have to do with his Alex Jones interview.

Thanks

First the Huckster and now Trump dropping out. Definitely helping Herman Cain's odds! Woo hoo!

Now if we can just keep Mitt "For Brains" Romney out of it, we'll be golden.

Thanks

Let me be the first to say that Ron Paul didn't do ONE Alex Jones interview, he was on there CONSTANTLY.

Look, Ron Paul is a loser - he won't be President, ever. He does ask good questions, certainly... until he gets to "9/11 Truther" bullshit. He's a kook. Period.

I wouldn't vote for him on that alone. Sorry.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Thanks

Bachmann Now Likely to Run for President

by Carl Cameron | May 16, 2011

Senior insiders to Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann say the Republican founder of the House Tea Party caucus is now very likely to run for president.
    In the wake of both Mike Huckabee and Donald Trump opting out of the 2012 race, calls to Bachmann's offices "have been burning up our lines" according to a Bachmann confidant who marveled, "one guy called her our Margaret Thatcher!"
    Bachmann has said before that she will likely make a decision by June. She unveiled a new website design Monday that highlights Team Bachmann rather than Congresswoman Bachmann.
    In addition to encouragement by phone and email, supporters are also pledging money, according to the insider.
    Most, if not all, of the Republican White House hopefuls are vying for support from those who might otherwise have backed Huckabee or Trump.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...#ixzz1McKZPuI4
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Fuck Gingrich.

Thanks

Mitch Daniels Won't Run In 2012
    May 22, 2011

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels told supporters in an email early Sunday that he will not run for president in 2012, a decision he said ultimately came down to his family's reticence about a campaign.

The announcement by the former Office of Management and Budget director and favorite of much of the Republican establishment will again roil the unsettled GOP field—and likely intensify efforts to convince another major candidate to join the race, such as former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush or New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. (Dear God NOOO!!!!)

The Daniels email, obtained by POLITICO, went out from Indiana GOP chief Eric Holcomb, a key Daniels adviser, soon after midnight, with the word "Urgent" in the subject line.

"The following is from Governor Mitch Daniels…." the email began.

“I hope this reaches you before the public news does," Daniels wrote. "If so, please respect my confidence for the short time until I can make it known to all."

"The counsel and encouragement I received from important citizens like you caused me to think very deeply about becoming a national candidate. In the end, I was able to resolve every competing consideration but one, but that, the interests and wishes of my family, is the most important consideration of all. If I have disappointed you, I will always be sorry."

Daniels, who had deep fundraising ties from his time in the Bush administration and his own years in Washington, went on: "If you feel that this was a non-courageous or unpatriotic decision, I understand and will not attempt to persuade you otherwise. I only hope that you will accept my sincerity in the judgment I reached," he wrote.

"Many thanks for your help and input during this period of reflection. Please stay in touch if you see ways in which an obscure Midwestern governor might make a constructive contribution to the rebuilding of our economy and our Republic.”

The email, which went to a list of supporters but not the Indiana GOP's broader email list, was unusual —pols who bow out of campaigns rarely choose to announce it just after midnight on a Saturday.

But it was a reminder that Daniels has always tended to march to the beat of his own political drum, keep his own counsel and do things his own way.

Daniels's wife, Cheri, was widely known to be concerned about the impact a campaign would have on their lives, which have followed an unusual path. Cheri Daniels left her husband and their four young daughters in 1993, married a former sweetheart in California, then returned and remarried Daniels - a set of circumstances that the pair would be unable to avoid talking about in the crucible of a campaign.

In a statement to the Indianapolis Star about his decision, he highlighted the role his family played in his decision. "On matters affecting us all, our family constitution gives a veto to the women’s caucus, and there is no override provision. Simply put, I find myself caught between two duties. I love my country; I love my family more," he said.

He also defended his wife to the paper, saying, "The notion that Cheri ever did or would ‘abandon’ her girls or parental duty is the reverse of the truth and absurd to anyone who knows her, as I do, to be the best mother any daughter ever had."

The decision by Daniels, which he stretched on for a month past the close of the Indiana legislative session, ends a season of dithering about his 2012 intentions. His Hamlet-of-the-Heartland contortions about whether to run, combined with public statements showing something less than a fire in the belly, had started to make even his supporters uncomfortable.

The late-night move ensures Daniels's decision will be the focus of the Sunday morning talk shows - as opposed to speculation about whether he would pull the trigger on a campaign.

It also comes as Daniels is set to make a return trip to Washington, D.C. on Wednesday to headline a fundraiser for the committee where he once served as a top staffer, the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Daniels's departure from the race presents a challenge to Republican elites, many of whom are less than enthralled with the current choices in a field that includes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Herman Cain and, likely, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who's making his first New Hampshire sojourn and is being met with high hopes by some Republican leaders, is the latest likely entrant to the slow-forming race.

"Mitch Daniels will be missed in this presidential debate, but his message about the most immediate threat facing our nation -- this massive debt -- will not go unheard," said Huntsman in a statement to POLITICO early Sunday.

Indeed, Daniels's main call to arms was about fixing the nation's budget woes - he made a splash at the conservative confab CPAC in February when he described the United States' growing debt burden as the new "red menace."

In bowing out, Daniels joined Mike Huckabee and reality tv star and developer Donald Trump, both of whom announced they would not run in the past week. Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, a close Daniels friend who'd told the Indiana governor he should consider the race, also dropped out in recent weeks.

Daniels's decision would seem on the surface to benefit Pawlenty in Iowa, where he's looking to come in with solid numbers in the caucuses, and Huntsman in New Hampshire, where the former Utah governor is expected to play hard if he runs. But it also is ultimately positive for Romney, who is increasingly able to cast himself as a stronger frontrunner; his aides recently reported raising $10 million in a single fundraising "call day" from Nevada.

Still, a group of Iowa donors is set to travel to New Jersey on May 31 to meet with Gov. Chris Christie in the hopes of getting him to join the race.

Despite the build-up surrounding Daniels, he carried some baggage in a prospective campaign.

Daniels suggested last year that Republicans choose to focus on combating the country s fiscal problems before turning to issues like abortion and gay marriage. The next president, he said, would need to call for a “truce on the so-called social issues.”

The notion of a truce irked social conservatives, but attracted the attention of more moderate Republicans hoping for a candidate who could put on a good showing against President Barack Obama in 2012.

Nonetheless, in time, Daniels inched away from his proposal, by signing a bill into law earlier this month which imposed some of the nation s strictest restrictions on abortions and making Indiana the first state to stop funding Planned Parenthood.

Yet for many, Daniels figured as an ideal potential candidate: Despite his tenure as the George W. Bush's budget director, a post which Democrats would have used against him, he had budget-cutting chops of his own during two terms as Indiana's chief executive.

Daniels had made clear all along that there were really only five votes that mattered for him - his wife, and their four grown daughters.

Cheri Daniels’s reticence was well-documented. The governor told POLITICO in February that it was “safe to say” that she didn’t welcome the prospect of him running. In late March, she told the Indianapolis Star that if her husband ends up staying out of the race, the impact of a campaign on the family would “definitely be a reason.”

She shunned the spotlight for much of her husband's tenure. Her star turn at a state GOP dinner two weeks ago was, sources told POLITICO, something of a testing-the-waters appearance to see how she fared. She was well-received, but the appearance prompted a fresh round of news accounts and reporters' questions about their marital history.

Talking to reporters after the state GOP dinner, Cheri Daniels said that she wasn’t the only one in the family uncertain about agreeing to go under the microscope of a presidential campaign. "It’s not just me," she said. "I have four daughters and I have three sons-in-law and everybody has a voice.”

Speaking at the same event, her husband wasn’t much clearer about his plans. ”This whole business of running for national office I’m not saying I won’t do it,” he said. ”My friends know it’s never been any intention of mine. I’d like to go to some quiet place where nobody could find me. Like Al Gore’s cable network.”

Daniels, 62, is in his second term as Indiana governor. First elected in 2004 after spending two and a half years in the Bush administration as OMB director, Daniels built a reputation as a politician whose interests, first and foremost, are fiscal.

As governor, he worked to cut spending and balance the state’s budget, though at OMB he oversaw the shift from annual budget surpluses to a deficit of $400 billion as the Bush administration cut taxes and ramped up spending for the Iraq war.

Thanks

I echo the no vote on Gingrich. Man, I have such apathy toward this season so far.

Thanks

Obama's Unspoken Re-Election Edge

This presidency flatters America to a degree that no white Republican can hope to match.

more in Opinion »

By SHELBY STEELE

Many of the Republican presidential hopefuls should be able to beat President Obama in 2012. This president has a track record now and, thus, many vulnerabilities. If he is not our "worst president," as Donald Trump would have it, his sweeping domestic initiatives—especially his stimulus package and health-care reform—were so jerry-built and high-handed that they generated a virtual revolution in America's normally subdued middle class.
    The president's success in having Osama bin Laden killed is an exception to a pattern of excruciatingly humble and hesitant leadership abroad. Mr. Obama has been deeply ambivalent about the application of American power, as if a shameful "neocolonialism" attends every U.S. action in the world. In Libya he seems actually to want American power to diminish altogether.
    This formula of shrinking American power abroad while expanding government power at home confuses and disappoints many Americans. Before bin Laden, 69% of Americans believed the country was on the wrong track, according to an Ipsos survey. A recent Zogby poll found that only 38% of respondents believed Mr. Obama deserved a second term, while 55% said they wanted someone new.
    And yet Republicans everywhere ask, "Who do we have to beat him?" In head-to-head matchups, Mr. Obama beats all of the Republican hopefuls in most polls.
    The problem Mr. Obama poses for Republicans is that there has always been a disconnect between his actual performance and his appeal. If Hurricane Katrina irretrievably stained George W. Bush, the BP oil spill left no lasting mark on this president. Mr. Obama's utter confusion in the face of the "Arab spring" has nudged his job-approval numbers down, but not his likability numbers, which Gallup has at a respectable 47.6%. In the mainstream media there has been a willingness to forgive this president his mistakes, to see him as an innocent in an impossible world. Why?
    There have really always been two Barack Obamas: the mortal man and the cultural icon. If the actual man is distinctly ordinary, even a little flat and humorless, the cultural icon is quite extraordinary. The problem for Republicans is that they must run against both the man and the myth. In 2008, few knew the man and Republicans were walloped by the myth. Today the man is much clearer, and yet the myth remains compelling.
    What gives Mr. Obama a cultural charisma that most Republicans cannot have? First, he represents a truly inspiring American exceptionalism: He is the first black in the entire history of Western civilization to lead a Western nation—and the most powerful nation in the world at that. And so not only is he the most powerful black man in recorded history, but he reached this apex only through the good offices of the great American democracy.
    Thus his presidency flatters America to a degree that no white Republican can hope to compete with. He literally validates the American democratic experiment, if not the broader Enlightenment that gave birth to it.
    View Full Image

Getty Images

He is also an extraordinary personification of the American Dream: Even someone from a race associated with slavery can rise to the presidency. Whatever disenchantment may surround the man, there is a distinct national pride in having elected him.
    All of this adds up to a powerful racial impressionism that works against today's field of Republican candidates. This is the impressionism that framed Sen. John McCain in 2008 as a political and cultural redundancy—yet another older white male presuming to lead the nation.
    The point is that anyone who runs against Mr. Obama will be seen through the filter of this racial impressionism, in which white skin is redundant and dark skin is fresh and exceptional. This is the new cultural charisma that the president has introduced into American politics.
    Today this charisma is not as strong for Mr. Obama. The mere man and the actual president has not lived up to his billing as a historical breakthrough. Still, the Republican field is framed and—as the polls show—diminished by his mere presence in office, which makes America the most socially evolved nation in the world. Moreover, the mainstream media coddle Mr. Obama—the man—out of its identification with his exceptionalism.
    Conversely, the media hold the president's exceptionalism against Republicans. Here is Barack Obama, evidence of a new and progressive America. Here are the Republicans, a cast of largely white males, looking peculiarly unevolved. Add to this the Republicans' quite laudable focus on deficit reduction and spending cuts, and they can be made to look like a gaggle of scolding accountants.
    How can the GOP combat the president's cultural charisma? It will have to make vivid the yawning gulf between Obama the flattering icon and Obama the confused and often overwhelmed president. Applaud the exceptionalism he represents, but deny him the right to ride on it as a kind of affirmative action.
    A president who is both Democratic and black effectively gives the infamous race card to the entire left: Attack our president and you are a racist. To thwart this, Republicans will have to break through the barrier of political correctness.
    Mr. McCain let himself be intimidated by Obama's cultural charisma, threatening to fire any staff member who even used the candidate's middle name. Donald Trump shot to the head of the Republican line by focusing on Mr. Obama as a president, calling him our "worst" president. I carry no brief for Mr. Trump, but his sudden success makes a point: Another kind of charisma redounds to those willing to challenge political correctness—those unwilling to be in thrall to the president's cultural charisma.
    Lastly, there must be a Republican message of social exceptionalism. America has more social mobility than any heterogeneous society in history. Isn't there a great Republican opportunity to be had in urging minorities to at last move out of their long era of protest—in which militancy toward the very society they struggled to join was the way ahead? Aren't Republicans uniquely positioned to offer minorities a liberation from both dependency and militancy?
    In other words, isn't there a fresh new social idealism implicit in conservative principles? Why not articulate it and fight with it in the political arena? Such a message would show our president as unevolved in his social thinking—oh so 1965. The theme: Barack Obama believes in government; we believe in you.
    Mr. Steele is a senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution. Among his books is "White Guilt" (Harper/Collins, 2007).
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

No no no mother fucking no!

The Tea Party should not support a candidate unless that candidate represents that party's values.

Period.

We're fucked, I tell ya.

And I have no idea who Amy Kremer is, but she most certainly doesn't speak for me.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/06/04/tea-party-back-any-gop-nominee-including-romney

by Lexi Stemple | June 04, 2011

The Tea Party will support whoever wins the GOP presidential nomination - - even if that person is former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney.

That's the affirmative word from Tea Party Express chair Amy Kremer.

Kremer told Fox News on Saturday, "whoever the Republican nominee is will have to have the support of the Tea Party movement, the entire Tea Party movement."

Kremer went on to say the Tea Party is "completely neutral," adding that it "just wants to see the cream rise to the top... If Romney is the nominee I believe that we want to defeat Barack Obama."

Her confidence comes while some Tea Partiers, including some at FreedomWorks, a leading voice in the Tea Party movement, set their sights on stopping a Romney nomination.

Kremer also wants to put to rest the idea the Tea Party would support a third party candidate, insisting the Tea Party can work from within the democratic and republican parties.

"There is no way that we are going to support a third party candidate. It would split the vote and it would guarantee reelection for Obama, and we need to crush Obama we have to get him out of the White House," says Kremer.

Kremer also believes the Tea Party movement will have a "massive impact just as we did in 2010."

In fact, she feels the Tea Party and its elected representatives are responsible for the failure of a clean debt ceiling vote in congress this week.

"We are still having an impact here in Washington. I really believe that if it weren't for the Tea Party movement they would already raised the debt ceiling and the spending would continue to be out of control... The democratic party was completely split.

If it wasn't for this movement, I don't think you would have even seen that."

The Tea Party Express is one of the three main Tea Party groups. It began as a cross-country bus tour aimed a rallying supporters.

Following the coverage of Kremer's comments, Tea Party Express Communications Director Levi Russell responded with, "Amy's comments were reflective of our confidence in the strength of the tea party movement, in which we don't think a candidate can win the nomination without already having won over a majority of tea party support."

Thread Information