Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco and Libya crisis: Benghazi

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Is Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco and Libya Facing Real Unrest or a Manufactured Crisis?

American killed in Libya protest over film

In Libya, Egypt, US embassies hit
    By Maggie Michael and Sarah El Deeb | Associated Press September 12, 2012

AFP/Getty Images
    Protesters in Cairo scaled the embassy walls, but in Libya, a US diplomat was fatally shot.

CAIRO — Protesters angered over a film that ridiculed Islam’s Prophet Muhammad fired gunshots and burned down the US consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, killing one American diplomat, witnesses and the State Department said. In Egypt, protesters scaled the walls of the US embassy in Cairo and replaced an American flag with an Islamic banner.

They were the first such assaults on US diplomatic facilities in either country, at a time when both Libya and Egypt are struggling to overcome the turmoil following the ouster of their longtime leaders, Moammar Khadafy and Hosni Mubarak, in uprisings last year.

The protests in both countries were sparked by outrage over a film ridiculing Muhammad produced by an American in California and being promoted by an extreme anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian campaigner in the United States. Excerpts from the film dubbed into Arabic were posted on YouTube.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton confirmed that one State Department officer had been killed in the protest at the US consulate in Benghazi. She strongly condemned the attack and said she had called President Mohammed el-Megarif of Libya ‘‘to coordinate additional support to protect Americans in Libya.’’

Clinton expressed concern that the protests might spread to other countries. She said the United States is working with ‘‘partner countries around the world to protect our personnel, our missions, and American citizens worldwide.’’

‘‘Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet,’’ Clinton said in a statement released by the State Department. ‘‘The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.”

Outnumbered by the crowd, Libyan security forces did little to stop them. The crowd overwhelmed the facility and set fire to it, burning most of it and looting the contents.

One American was shot to death and a second was wounded in the hand.

The violence at the consulate lasted about three hours.

Hours before the Benghazi attack, hundreds of mainly ultraconservative Islamist protesters in Egypt marched to the US Embassy in downtown Cairo, gathering outside its walls and chanting against the movie and the United States. Most of the embassy staff had left the compound earlier because of warnings of the upcoming demonstration.

Dozens of protesters scaled the embassy walls, and several went into the courtyard and took down the US flag. They brought it back to the crowd outside, which tried to burn it, but failing that tore it apart.

The protesters on the wall then raised on the flagpole a black flag with a Muslim declaration of faith, ‘‘There is no god but God and Muhammad is his prophet.’’ The flag, similar to the banner used by Al Qaeda, is commonly used by ultraconservatives around the region.

Young men, some in masks, sprayed graffiti on the walls. Some grumbled that President Mohammed Morsi, an Islamist, had not spoken out about the movie.

By midnight, the crowd had dwindled. The US Embassy said on Twitter that there will be no visa services on Wednesday because of the protests.

Muslims find it offensive to depict Muhammad in any fashion, much less in an insulting way. The 2005 publication of 12 caricatures of the prophet Muhammad in a Danish newspaper triggered riots in many Muslim countries.

A 14-minute trailer that sparked the protests was posted on YouTube in an original English version and another dubbed into Egyptian Arabic.

A YouTube spokesperson said the website would not take down the video at this point. The website’s guidelines call for removing videos that include a threat of violence, but not those only expressing opinions. YouTube’s practice is to not comment on a specific videos.

Sam Bacile, a US citizen who said he produced, directed, and wrote the two-hour film, said he had not anticipated such a furious reaction.

‘‘I feel sorry for the embassy. I am mad,’’ Bacile said.

Speaking from a telephone with a California number, Bacile said he is Jewish and familiar with the region. Bacile said the film was produced in English and that he does not know who dubbed it in Arabic. The full film has not been shown, he said, and he has declined distribution offers for now.

http://bostonglobe.com/news/world/20...wwO/story.html

Thanks

Default Re: Is Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco and Libya Facing Real Unrest or a Manufactured Crisis?

Companion Thread:

Press Statement Hillary Rodham Clinton Secretary of State Washington, DC

September 12, 2012

It is with profound sadness that I share the news of the death of four American personnel in Benghazi, Libya yesterday.

Among them were United States Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and Foreign Service Information Management Officer, Sean Smith. We are still making next of kin notifications for the other two individuals. Our hearts go out to all their families and colleagues.

A 21 year veteran of the Foreign Service, Ambassador Stevens died last night from injuries he sustained in the attack on our office in Benghazi.

I had the privilege of swearing in Chris for his post in Libya only a few months ago. He spoke eloquently about his passion for service, for diplomacy and for the Libyan people. This assignment was only the latest in his more than two decades of dedication to advancing closer ties with the people of the Middle East and North Africa which began as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Morocco. As the conflict in Libya unfolded, Chris was one of the first Americans on the ground in Benghazi. He risked his own life to lend the Libyan people a helping hand to build the foundation for a new, free nation. He spent every day since helping to finish the work that he started. Chris was committed to advancing America’s values and interests, even when that meant putting himself in danger.

Sean Smith was a husband and a father of two, who joined the Department ten years ago. Like Chris, Sean was one of our best. Prior to arriving in Benghazi, he served in Baghdad, Pretoria, Montreal, and most recently The Hague.

All the Americans we lost in yesterday’s attacks made the ultimate sacrifice. We condemn this vicious and violent attack that took their lives, which they had committed to helping the Libyan people reach for a better future.

America’s diplomats and development experts stand on the front lines every day for our country. We are honored by the service of each and every one of them.

http://statedept.tumblr.com/

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Just saw on FNC that Marines are just now being sent to the embassies. Why in the jumping blue monkey fuck weren't they there before and why weren't they used to blast the dumb bastards that attacked the embassies to Allah?

These embassies are US soil. Thus, the US was again attacked on 9/11 and this administration did nothing. What an utter fucking joke this administration is.

Thanks

Thanks

***CAUTION***

Graphic picture below!

Ambassador Chris Stevens being drug through the streets after being killed.

Thanks

Those Koranimals sure love dragging dead bodies around.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

This really angers me. I don't know why. People die every day at the hands of fanatics and homicidal maniacs. It angers me, I think, because of the subsequent publicity the man's death receives. Marines should have been at the embassy. Militants should have been sent directly to God, no passing go. Instead we have the death of a major US official and the following inhumane treatment of his body. Just like in Somalia or in Iraq with the contractors hung on the bridge. What is it with these people? When we catch a criminal, even an international scumbag, we don't cut them into pieces and drag their remains through the streets. We try to treat them like human beings. That is to say with just a little respect. I guess when it comes right down to it, the Koran states that infidels are less than human. If you ask me, they are the ones acting like animals.

Thanks

Just heard on Rush Limbaugh that demonstrations have broken out in Sudan, Kuwait, and Morocco over this "video".

Word is though that these were planned due to 9/11 and the video was a convenient excuse...

CNN: Protests Against Film A ‘Diversion. Attack Was Planned’

September 12, 2012

CNN’s Hala Gorani reported via Twitter that the network now believes that the Islamists who attacked the Libyan consulate used the existence of an anti-Muhammad film as a “diversion”:

Hala Gorani

@HalaGorani

US sources tell CNN say attackers who targeted consulate used protests against film as a diversion. Say attack was planned. #Libya
    12 Sep 12
    CNN’s Vaughn Sterling had this:

Vaughn Sterling CNN
    @vplus

CNN BREAKING - THE ATTACKERS IN LIBYA PLANNED THE ASSAULT IN ADVANCE, USED THE PROTESTS AS COVER, U.S. SOURCES TELL CNN
    12 Sep 12

Thanks

Obama backed the 1.5 Billion in foreign aid to Egypt….and we apologized?

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA: 'I will stand with the Muslims. . .

Will injustices in America ever go away completely?

by: j. grant swank, jr | published: 07 01, 2008

Note what B. Hussein Obama says in his own words. They are from his books entitled “Dreams of My Father” and “Audacity of Hope.

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.

B. Hussein was writing about the injustices suffered by some in America. In that context he wrote that sentence.

Will injustices in America ever go away completely? No. We live in an imperfect world. Therefore, will the situation ever arise by which Muslims in the United States will cry out for B. Hussein to lean in their favor. Of course. And will he?

Well, he’s already said he will “stand with the Muslims.” Need we go any further?

More from “Dreams of My Father,” B. Hussein writes: “I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

And further in that same book: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.

There is more: “There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.

Has the Jeremiah Wright twenty year tutoring of anti-white, pro-blackism wedded to B. Hussein’s perspective regarding blacks and whites? No doubt.

B. Hussein writes in “Dreams of My Father” that “it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

This is particularly telling and frightening: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.

Did you get that? Malcolm X, racist who despises white people, is his hero.

Concerning his father, note: “He comes from a father who was a Muslim,” said civil rights author Juan Williams of National Public Radio. “I mean, I think that given we’re at war with Muslim extremists, that presents a problem.

In addition, Obama’s stepfather was a practicing Muslim.

Now we have him carrying with him a Hindu charm. Because of this, Hindus have congregated worldwide to celebrate B. Hussein’s election as US President.

For instance, in India there is the All-India Congress Committee member Brij Mohan Bhama having organized an 11-day religious ceremony at Karol Bagh for B. Hussein’s success in the presidential elections. All this is because Hindus learned that B. Hussein carries a miniature Hanuman idol in his pocket.

A larger configuration of the charm is formed as an impressive idol to be mailed to B. Hussein.

“We will ensure that Mr. Obama receives the idol by August 24, a day before the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado,” said Mr. Bhama.

No wonder B. Hussein truly despises biblical Christians usually referred to as “evangelicals.” His situation ethics relativistic liberal religion is antithetical to biblical Christianity.

If in the Oval Office, he will see to it that biblical Christianity is erased completely. There will not be one sign of the Judeo-Christian heritage left once B. Hussein is in the White House.

Thanks

Well, the political winds just fucking shifted, you fucking coward and traitor.

This was an American AMBASSADOR, a man who is a diplomat and not a military man.

Me. I'm a fucking military man. There'd better be not ONE fucking Muslim to say God Damned SHIT to me..... Or I'll be bringing hell with me.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Probably unrelated but interesting...

Murdered State Department official Sean Smith was influential online gamer

The Lookout - 2 hrs ago

Today, the U.S. is recoiling from the tragic news that Sean Smith, a State Department official, was one of four individuals killed in a rocket attack in Libya. The U.S. ambassador to Libya was also among those who died.

Smith, a foreign service information management officer, had a sphere of influence that extended far beyond the realm of real-world diplomacy: He was also a respected and hugely influential figure in the world of online gaming.

For much of the past decade, Smith was an avid player of Eve Online, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). The game has more than 400,000 players, who take on roles as warriors, strategists and even diplomats in a science-fiction setting.

Alex Gianturco, aka "The Mittani," one of Smith's Eve Online colleagues, has written a moving tribute to his fallen friend, who went by the online moniker "Vile Rat."

Smith was online chatting with Gianturco shortly before he was killed in Benghazi. The two men, who had known each other for more than six years, had met several times in person and considered themselves close friends both online and in the real world.

"Many were injured in these pointless, reprehensible acts, and one of my closest friends was killed as a result," Gianturco wrote.

Gianturco posted excerpts from his final chat with Smith, including this chilling message:

(12:54:09 PM) vile_rat: assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures

Gianturco writes that Smith's dark humor was nothing new; he had been stationed in other potentially dire situations before.

"The last time he did something like this, he was in Baghdad in 2007 or 2008," Gianturco wrote. "He would be on jabber [an instant messaging service], then say something like 'incoming' and vanish for a while as the Kayatushas came down from Sadr City."

Unfortunately, this time was much different.

"He was on jabber when it happened," Gianturco writes. "In Baghdad the same kind of thing happened - incoming sirens, he'd vanish, we'd freak out and he'd come back ok after a bit. This time he said ... 'GUNFIRE' and then disconnected and never returned.

"Then the major media began reporting on the consulate and embassy attacks in Libya and Egypt, and I freaked out and then it turned out that it was my friend of six years who helped build this alliance into what it is today since, the very beginning, starting out as one of my agents and growing to become the single most influential diplomat in the history of Eve, or perhaps of any online game," Gianturco writes.

For those unfamiliar with the world of MMORPG, Gianturco explains that Smith's real-world skills as a State Department official translated to the online game he loved.

The website Eurogamer has posted an interview with Ned Coker of CCP, makers of Eve Online:

"I can tell you that CCP and its employees are overwhelmingly saddened by the news of Sean Smith's passing, as we are when we learn of any player who is tragically lost," Coker said. "Many of us interacted with him professionally and personally and, honestly, it feels like our words are lost adrift--amongst such a tremendous, soul-affirming outpouring from the EVE community. The CSM, of which he is an alumni, will be posting a guest dev blog in his honor."

Smith served as an official diplomat in Eve Online, serving on the Council of Stellar Management, Eve Online's player-elected board, settling conflicts between thousands of players and helping to keep the system sailing smoothly.

"If you play this stupid game, you may not realize it, but you play in a galaxy created in large part by Vile Rat's talent as a diplomat. No one focused as relentlessly on using diplomacy as a strategic tool as VR," Gianturco wrote.

"You may have been a friend or an enemy or a pawn in a greater game, but he touched every aspect of EVE in ways that 99% of the population will never understand.

"It seems kind of trivial to praise a husband, father, and overall badass for his skills in an Internet spaceship game but that's how most of us know him, so there you go," Gianturco wrote.

Interestingly, Smith was also a respected Dungeons & Dragons player and a moderator on the website Something Awful, which specializes in posting controversial content. However, because of the inherent trickster nature of the site, it's impossible as of now to verify whether Smith was actually part of this community. However, based on the testimonials and his other, more established online profile, it is certainly possible.

Comments (304)

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/ne...US&.lang=en-US

Thanks

Companion Thread:

Photo: Egyptian rioters were wearing Guy Fawkes masks

By Charlie Spiering September 12, 2012

Egyptian rioters yesterday were photographed wearing Guy Fawkes masks next to graffiti on a wall of the U.S. embassy during a protest in Cairo, Egypt

The rioters climbed the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo and tore up the American Flag, replacing it with a black al Qaeda flag.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

State Dept brief w questions:
    http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/09/197694.htm
    Administration Officials to Update Recent Events in Libya Briefing by Senior Administration Officials to Update Recent Events in Libya

Special BriefingOffice of the Spokesperson

Via Teleconference

Washington, DC

September 12, 2012

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Thank you, Operator, and thanks to all of our journalists for joining us on this very, very difficult day. We thought it was important to give you a little bit more information about what we knew when we knew it to help shape your understanding of the tragic events in Benghazi. Here with me I will hereafter be Senior Administration Official Number One. That’s [title withheld]. I also have with me [Senior Administration Official Two], hereafter Senior Administration Official Number Two. And we also have [Senior Administration Official Three], hereafter Senior Administration Official Number Three.
    Let me just give you some framing points. First of all, we want to make clear that we are still here today operating within the confusion of first reports. Many details of what happened in Benghazi are still unknown or unclear. The account we’re going to give you endeavors to reconstruct the events of last night to the best of our ability now. And again, this reflects our current accounting of events. These are first reports, and so the facts could very well change as we get a better understanding.
    Let me also give you a little better understanding about our office conditions in Benghazi. The facility that we are working in is an interim one. We originally acquired the property before the fall of Qadhafi. It includes a main building and several ancillary buildings, and then there was also an annex a little bit further away.
    So let me give you a little bit of the chronology to the best of our knowledge. Again, the times are likely to change as it becomes a little bit more precise, but this is how we’ve been able to reconstruct what we have from yesterday.
    At approximately 4 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time yesterday, which was about 10 p.m. in Libya, the compound where our office is in Benghazi began taking fire from unidentified Libyan extremists. By about 4:15, the attackers gained access to the compound and began firing into the main building, setting it on fire. The Libyan guard force and our mission security personnel responded. At that time, there were three people inside the building: Ambassador Stevens, one of our regional security officers, and Information Management Officer Sean Smith. They became separated from each other due to the heavy, dark smoke while they were trying to evacuate the burning building. The Regional Security Officer made it outside, and then he and other security personnel returned into the burning building in an attempt to rescue Chris and Sean. At that time, they found Sean. He was already dead, and they pulled him from the building. They were unable, however, to locate Chris before they were driven from the building due to the heavy fire and smoke and the continuing small arms fire.
    At about 4:45 our time here in Washington, U.S. security personnel assigned to the mission annex tried to regain the main building, but that group also took heavy fire and had to return to the mission annex. At about 5:20, U.S. and Libyan security personnel made another attempt and at that time were able to regain the main building and they were able to secure it. Then, due to continued small arms fire, they evacuated the rest of the personnel and safe havened them in the nearby annex.
    The mission annex then came under fire itself at around 6 o'clock in the evening our time, and that continued for about two hours. It was during that time that two additional U.S. personnel were killed and two more were wounded during that ongoing attack.
    At about 8:30 p.m. our time here in Washington, so now 2 o'clock in the morning in Libya, Libyan security forces were able to assist us in regaining control of the situation. At some point in all of this – and frankly, we do not know when – we believe that Ambassador Stevens got out of the building and was taken to a hospital in Benghazi. We do not have any information what his condition was at that time. His body was later returned to U.S. personnel at the Benghazi airport.
    Later that evening, we were able to bring our chartered aircraft from Tripoli into Benghazi to evacuate all of our Benghazi personnel back to Tripoli. This evacuation, which had to occur in a couple of planeloads, included all of our American Benghazi personnel, including the three wounded, and the remains of our fallen colleagues. They are now in the process – that same staff – of being evacuated to Germany. The staff that is well is going to stay in Europe on standby for a while while we assess the security situation in the coming period. The wounded will be treated in Germany, and the remains will come home, and we’ll advise you of when that will be as soon as we know.
    In the meantime, we have taken our Embassy in Tripoli down to emergency staffing levels. We have reduced the staff down to what we call emergency staffing levels. And we have requested increased support from the Libyans while we assess the security situation.
    I would also like to advise you that last night, all of our diplomatic posts around the world were ordered to review their security posture and to take all necessary steps to enhance it if those were deemed necessary. I’d like to now turn it over to Senior Administration Official Number Three for some remarks on what his agency has been up to.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL THREE: Thank you, [Senior Administration Official One]. Along with President Obama and Secretary Clinton, Secretary Panetta condemns the attack on the U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi in the strongest possible terms. The Secretary also extends his deepest sympathies to the families of the victims and to the entire State Department family.
    General Carter Ham, Commander, U.S. Africa Command, briefed the Secretary on the situation last night, and the Secretary has received regular updates since then. DOD is working closely with the White House and State Department to provide all necessary resources to support the security of U.S. personnel in Libya. This support includes a Marine Corps fleet antiterrorism security team based out of Europe. The mission of this team is to secure the diplomatic facility in Tripoli, our Embassy, and protect U.S. citizens as needed.
    DOD is also providing support to evacuate American personnel and casualties out of Libya. Those individuals and the remains of our fallen colleagues will arrive, if they haven’t already done so, at Ramstein Landstuhl in Germany.
    In closing, let me just say that the Department of Defense is ready to respond with additional military measures as directed by the President. Back to you, [Senior Administration Official One].
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Thanks very much, [Senior Administration Official Three]. We have, unfortunately, lost [Senior Administration Official Two]. He had to go off to another meeting. You can imagine how busy he has been. So why don’t we go right to your questions. Operator, please take the first one.
    OPERATOR: Ladies and gentlemen, if you would like to ask a question, please press * then 1 on your touchtone phone. You will hear a tone indicating you have been placed in queue. You may remove yourself from queue at any time by pressing the # key. If you are using a speakerphone, please pick up the handset before pressing the numbers. Once again, if you would like to ask a question, please press * then 1 at this time.
    And the first question is from Elise Labott with CNN. Please go ahead.
    QUESTION: Well, I have a couple of questions, if you would. And again, all of our condolences on what happened today. I was wondering if you can talk about now how – I know Secretary Clinton said that this would not affect how the U.S. dealt with the Libyans, and that you would move forward. But certainly, it must make you start to think about any precipitous rush to support groups in any other countries such as Syria or the like because of the uncertainty of who is on the ground.
    And then I was wondering if you could talk a little bit more about Chris Stevens’ personal security and how his personal detail could have been separated from him. I mean, his personal detail’s number one responsibility is to protect their package, and so it just seemed – I just would like more clarity on how he got out of the building and then went back to find him. Why didn’t he just keep staying in the building looking for him? Thank you.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Let me start with the last question first, Elise. I think you can understand that I’m not going to go into detail about how his security detail was organized. I think in the accounting that I gave, I made clear that security personnel were endeavoring to get him out of the building when they got separated by the incredibly thick smoke and fire – if you’ve seen the pictures from the building you can have some sense of how awful the conditions were – and that they then turned right back around, got more help, and went back in to look for him. So this was really a quite – a heroic effort.
    With regard to your larger question, as the Secretary said very clearly today, we are as committed today as we have ever been to a free and stable Libya. That is still in America’s interest. And we are going to continue to work very strongly to help them have the future that they want and they deserve. I would simply note how quickly and how strongly senior members of the Libyan government came forward to condemn this attack, to offer all support to us.
    I’d also like to underscore that it was Libyan security forces that stood with ours in defending our buildings. We also had some – one of the local militias who is friendly to the Embassy came to assist as well. And I think that really speaks to the relationship that we’ve built with Libya. Thank you.
    OPERATOR: The next question is from Arshad Mohammed with Reuters. Please go ahead.
    QUESTION: Can you explain to us whether you know whether Ambassador Stevens was alive when he was removed and taken to the Libyan hospital or not? And secondly, there are suggestions that he died as a result of smoke inhalation. Do you know if that is indeed what was his proximate cause of death?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Well, thank you, Arshad. Frankly, we are not clear on the circumstances between the time that he got separated from his – from the rest of the group inside the burning building, to the time that we were notified that he was in a Benghazi hospital. And again, we were not able to see him until his body was returned to us at the airport.
    You can imagine that we will not be able to say anything about the cause of death until we’ve had a chance to perform an autopsy.
    OPERATOR: Andrea Mitchell with NBC News is next. Please go ahead.
    QUESTION: Thank you for doing this and especially at such a terrible time for all of you. Can you expand on the regular security for the Ambassador? I know you don’t usually talk about security, but you can imagine how people want these details now in terms of, was it diplomatic security? Were they all RSOs? How long had he been in Benghazi? Give us a little bit more of his movements that day.
    And secondly, there’s a lot of reporting now on this being linked to a terror attack, an organized terror attack – possibly al-Qaida sympathetic or al-Qaida linked. Can you speak to that?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL THREE: Operator, is the call ongoing?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: I’m sorry, it looks like I had a – I was on mute there for a while. I was going on and on on mute. I apologize. So Andrea, to your first question: Frankly, we are not in a position to speak any further to the perpetrators of this attack. It was clearly a complex attack. We’re going to have to do a full investigation. We are committed to working with the Libyans both on the investigation and to ensure that we bring the perpetrators to justice. The FBI is already committed to assisting in that, but I just – we’re – it’s just too early to speak to who they were and if they might have been otherwise affiliated beyond Libya.
    With regard to Chris’s trip to Benghazi, as you know, he made regular and frequent trips to Benghazi so that he could check up on developments in the east. You know that he had been our representative – the Secretary’s representative and the President’s, to the Transitional National Council before the fall of Qadhafi and had spent a lot of time in Benghazi and built deep contacts there. So this was one of his regular visits that he made periodically.
    With regard to the security arrangements, I think you will understand that we never talk in detail about how our security is arranged. And we particularly don’t talk about security arrangements for – personal security arrangements for senior level personnel.
    What I can tell you is that security in Benghazi included a local guard force outside of the compound on which we rely, which is similar to the way we are postured all over the world. We had a physical perimeter barrier, obviously. And then we had a robust American security presence inside the compound, including a strong component of regional security officers. But I’m not going to go any further than that on the specifics.
    Next question, operator.
    OPERATOR: Josh Rogin with Foreign Policy is next. Please go ahead.
    QUESTION: Thank you very much. First, just one point of clarification. Can you tell us what time in the timeline that Ambassador Stevens was delivered to you at the airport? But the larger question is, you didn’t talk at all about the protests. You started your timeline with that the firing began. Can you talk about the timeline of when the protests started, how that fit in with it, and your sense of whether or not the protestors and the assailants were the same?
    And a question for Senior Administration Official Number Three, I believe, who talked about the mission of the forces there: You said they were there to protect the Embassy. Does that mean that – are you saying clearly that they will not be involved in the search for the perpetrators? Thank you.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: With regard to when we gained possession of Ambassador Stevens’ body, it was extremely late our time. I think it was already dawn in Libya, but I just don’t have a precise time for you, Josh.
    With regard to the protests – I assume you’re not talking about protests in Cairo, are you? You’re talking about protests in Benghazi?
    OPERATOR: He is back in the main conference.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Okay. We frankly don’t have a full picture of what may have been going on outside of the compound walls before the firing began. So I really just don’t have any specifics on that at the moment. I apologize.
    Let’s take the next one.
    OPERATOR: Jill Dougherty with CNN is next. Please, go ahead.
    QUESTION: Thank you very much. One – [Senior Administration Official One], one thing that is not completely clear, and I don’t know whether you can answer it at this point, there is some confusion about whether he, the Ambassador, was directly targeted or whether he just happened to be there when this attack took place. Can you answer that?
    And then also, just one more point about the lack of clarity about what happened after he became separated and then his body was at the hospital. Do you know how he was transported? I mean, I think the Secretary said Libyans took him to the hospital. Could you just try to clarify that?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: On your first question, I really can’t speak to it. We just are not in a position to say at the moment. Obviously, as we said, there’s going to have to be a full investigation, and presumably some of these things will come to light.
    There are reports out there that I cannot confirm that he was brought to the hospital by Libyans who found him. Obviously, he had to get there somehow. No Americans were responsible for that. But again, I’m not in the position to confirm because we frankly don’t know how he got from where Americans last saw him. And again, we were told that he was at the hospital, but we didn’t see him there ourselves. I’m sorry if it’s frustrating.
    [Senior Administration Official Three], was there something from Josh that went to you that we didn’t answer?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL THREE: Yes, just briefly. And Josh, thanks for the question. The fleet’s antiterrorism security teams that we deploy when requested are responsible for the protection of Embassy personnel and property, and they also play a role in the evacuation of personnel, as required.
    On the second part of your question, whether or not U.S. military personnel will be involved in future operations to track down the perpetrators of this attack, I’m simply not going to speculate on what may or may not be in the works in the future.
    Back to you, [Senior Administration Official One].
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Let’s take the next one, Operator.
    OPERATOR: Tom Bowman with National Public Radio is next. Please, go ahead, sir.
    QUESTION: Thanks for doing this. Listen, there’ve been troubles in Benghazi for some time now. I understand the Consulate was attacked or bombed two, three months ago. The British have put out threat warnings about Benghazi. Was there any consideration before the attack yesterday of beefing up security there?
    And the other thing is, the head of Diplomatic Security at the Consulate, as things started getting worse and worse there, the whole situation started going south, did he try to get a quick reaction force of some kind from the U.S.? Did he believe the Libyan forces were sufficient? Did he do anything to try to get more help?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Well, again, I’m not going to get into the specifics of how we were postured in terms of security at our mission in Benghazi beyond what I said. So – because we don’t ever talk about the details of those kinds of things.
    What I would say, though, is that we did, as we did in missions around the world, review the security there in the context of preparing for the anniversary of September 11th. And at that point, there was no information and there were no threat streams to indicate that we were insufficiently postured.
    Let’s take the next one, Operator.
    OPERATOR: Justin Fishel with Fox News is next. Please, go ahead.
    QUESTION: Hi, thanks. I have two quick questions. Do you believe that this attack was in any way related to the incident in Cairo? You suggested this attack in Benghazi was more complex; so is it safe to rule out that this was a reaction to the inflammatory internet video?
    And second, the initial statement put out yesterday by the Embassy in Cairo has become somewhat of a political issue, Romney accusing the Administration of sympathizing with the attackers. Whether or not that’s true, can you please tell us when that statement was released exactly? Was it released before or after the protest started? Was it released to stop any of the protestors from getting more violent? Please give us a timeline on that. We’ve been asking about that a lot today.
    Thank you.
    SENIOR STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIAL ONE: Let me start with the last one first. With regard to the statement from Embassy Cairo, let me say unequivocally here that that statement was not coordinated with Washington and was therefore taken down. My understanding is that it was initially released at about noon Cairo time, which was before the protests in Cairo began.
    More broadly, the Secretary spoke to our view on this issue yesterday. She did it again today. Even as we stay true to our core principles and our core values, we condemn these attacks on our diplomatic mission. There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.
    With regard to whether there is any connection between this internet activity and this extremist attack in Benghazi, frankly, we just don’t know. We’re not going to know until we have a chance to investigate. And I’m sorry that it is frustrating for you that so many of our answers are “We don’t know,” but they are truthful in that.
    Let’s continue, Operator.
    OPERATOR: Steve Myers with The New York Times. Please, go ahead.
    QUESTION: Thanks. I would add my condolences to everyone. Just a few follow-up questions: Do you know how many people – that is, American and Libyans – who were inside the compound when the attack began overall? And also, how many of them might have been wounded in addition to those who were killed? And you have not yet identified the two others, but you said one was – unless I misunderstood, a regional security officer. Are the other two State Department employees? Are they Marines? Anything more, even if you can’t identify them at this stage, about the other two?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Steve, at the moment, I have reports of three additional wounded on top of the four total who were killed. That report could also change, frankly. I’m sorry about that. My understanding is that between the main compound and the annex, we had a total of about 25 to 30 people, but again, we never precisely size our diplomatic missions, as you know.
    I can’t recall if there was another piece of that question. Anyway, Operator, maybe you’ll let him back if there was. Thanks.
    OPERATOR: Julian Barnes with Dow Jones is next. Please, go ahead.
    QUESTION: A question for Official Number Three: Is there any discussion of sending a FAST team to Egypt? And are there any warships near Libya or being sent to Libya as part of security?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL THREE: Thanks, Julian. As you are aware, we don’t typically talk about the prospect of future military operations one way or the other, or about the movement of assets that may or may not be used in the future. That’s where I’d leave it.
    OPERATOR: Dina Temple with NPR is next. Please, go ahead.
    QUESTION: Dina Temple-Raston with NPR. I’m wondering if you can tell us whether there was any specific recent intelligence indicating that there was going to be a threat against the consulate.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Dina, you won’t be surprised if we decline to talk about intelligence. I did speak a little bit earlier about our review of our security posture in advance of September 11th.
    Going back to Steve, I didn’t, I think, fully answer your question. I missed a piece. The remaining two who also lost their lives, as the Secretary said, were State Department personnel, but we are still even now trying to work the next-of-kin notifications, so that’s all I can give you at the moment.
    Let’s take about three more, and then we’re going to have to hop here. Go ahead, Operator.
    OPERATOR: Jim Michaels with USA Today. Please go ahead, sir.
    QUESTION: Yeah, thanks for taking our calls. I just wanted to go back to an earlier question. Was – can you describe a little bit about the level of organization of this assault and how it was or was not related to an overall protest/riot occurring about the same time?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: I wish I could. Frankly, I’ve given you as much information as we are confident in at the moment. We will obviously know more in coming days and weeks as we secure our personnel, as we have a chance to talk to them, as we have a chance to interview Libyans who may have been witnesses. But frankly, that’s as much as I’ve got at the moment. I’m sorry to frustrate you.
    OPERATOR: Margaret Brennan with CBS News, please, go ahead.
    QUESTION: Hi. I would like to ask first, any information as to when the bodies will be arriving in Landstuhl? Also, if you can describe for us how the operation was directed overnight. Was that an interagency effort, out of State? How was that run?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: With regard to the remains coming home, our hope is to do that as soon as possible, but we have some processing that is required. We will obviously be informing all of you when we have precise details about their return. It was very much an interagency effort in the – while the violence was ongoing and in the aftermath and throughout the day today, led in the usual way by the National Security Council with the participation of all of us. Obviously, the State Department had a huge piece of that, but all agencies – all relevant agencies were involved.
    OPERATOR: Jo Biddle with AFP is next. Please, go ahead.
    QUESTION: Thank you very much for doing the call. I wondered if I could just confirm with you the number of injured. Was it three or was it four in the end? And also, I wondered if I could ask – we’re hearing that the Pentagon might have been in touch with Pastor Jones, asking him if he could withdraw his support for this video. Could you talk to that? Thank you.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: I only have confirmed three wounded at the moment, but again, that is a first set of reports. It may not be accurate. I don’t think we have anything on Pastor Jones unless [Senior Administration Official Three] has something to add.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL THREE: Thank you. I can confirm that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Martin Dempsey, spoke by phone this morning with Pastor Jones. This was a brief call in which General Dempsey expressed his concerns over the nature of the film, the tensions it could inflame, and the violence it could cause. And he asked Mr. Jones to consider withdrawing his support for the film.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Thank you. Let’s take one last one and then we’re going to have to run off. Operator.
    OPERATOR: Karen DeYoung with The Washington Post. Go ahead, please.
    QUESTION: Thank you. Just to clarify, as you described the compound and the auxiliary building, was that separate building outside of the perimeter of the compound? Or is it all inside that perimeter, that’s secured – as you said – inside by U.S. officials?
    And secondly, just to once more clarify – and sorry to be obtuse about this – you have no idea whether Ambassador Stevens was alive when he was taken from or otherwise exited the building and taken to the hospital?
    And also, just to [Senior Administration Official Three], could you say how Pastor Jones responded?
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: My understanding – and again, if this is not correct, we will correct the record – is that we have, as I said at the top, a main compound that includes the main building and several ancillary buildings, that there is also an annex further away, that both of those facilities had perimeters and had Libyan perimeter security.
    And as I said with regard to Ambassador Chris Stevens, we just do not know. We have seen Libyan reports that when he was recovered and taken to the hospital, he was unconscious and he later passed, but we are not in a position to confirm those.
    So with that, I’m going to thank you all for joining us. We will –
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL THREE: [Senior Administration Official One], I think –
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: I’m sorry, [Senior Administration Official Three], yeah, to you. I’m sorry.
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL THREE: Yeah, that’s okay. No problem. Karen thanks.
    The Chairman did have a brief call with Pastor Jones. The – Mr. Jones did hear the chairman’s concerns, but he was noncommittal.
    Back to you, [Senior Administration Official One].
    SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE: Okay. And sorry, [Senior Administration Official Three], I jumped on you again.
    Thank you all for joining us this evening. We will commit ourselves to sharing what we can with you as more information develops in the coming days. I just want to again reiterate what I said at the top, that we are operating for the purposes of this backgrounder on first reports. We’ve all had the experience of first reports being inaccurate, so – but this information we have given today, we are giving to the best of our knowledge at this time.
    Thank you all for joining us, and thank you to [Senior Administration Official Three], as well. Good night.

PRN: 2012/1424

Thanks

Protesters storm US embassy in Yemen

Published: 09.13.12, 11:36 / Israel New

Protesters angered by an anti-Islam film stormed the US Embassy in Sanaa, Yemen on Tuesday. Eye witnesses reported that security forces have opened fire on the protesters. (AP)http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...281040,00.html

US embassy clashes in Cairo injure 30

At least 30 people have been wounded during the clashes between Egyptian police and protesters outside the US embassy in the capital, Cairo, according to health ministry.

Some 16 protesters and 14 security personnel, including three officers and 11 soldiers, were injured in clashes on Thursday.

The clashes broke out during the early hours of Thursday as protesters chanted in the streets against an anti-Islam movie produced by an Israeli-American.

The angry protesters on Thursday also demanded the US government apologize to the Muslim world over the release of the blasphemous movie.

YH/MA

http://edition.presstv.ir/iphone/detail.aspx?id=261338

LIVE FEED: http://rt.com/on-air/cairo-clashes-us-embassy/

Thanks

Gadaffi was sodomized with a plunger handle before he died...

Reports: Murdered U.S. Ambassador To Libya Was Sexually Raped

Sep 13th, 2012 @ 03:49 am › Alexander Higgins
    ↓ Skip to comments

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/201...-raped-183571/

The U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens was reportedly sexually raped before being murdered by Islamic militants who attacked the US Embassy in Libya.

Separate Middle Eastern sources are reporting that the U.S. Ambassador to Libya was sexually raped prior to being murdered by the Islamic Jihadist who attacked the US consulate in Benghazi.

First the Washington Times has quoted the first source as the Lebanese News Organization Tayyar.org which cites AFP sources claiming the ambassador was sexually raped.

PICKET:Lebanese paper report – Murdered U.S. Ambassador to Libya reportedly raped

According to the Lebanese news organization Tayyar.org, citing AFP news sources, U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, who was killed by gunmen that stormed the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on Tuesday, was reportedly raped before being murdered. A google translation of the report says :

Attack on U.S. Consulate illustrates disastrous outcome of Obama’s humanitarian intervention in Libya as photos indicate torture before the murder.

Earlier today the US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens was killed by the same terrorist he helped put into power.

Following the initial reports that he and 3 other Americans on his staff were murdered when terrorists fired Rocket Propelled Grenades on his vehicles the corporate media reported US officials were stating the attacks were planned beforehand.

Now both the official story about an RPG attack and hence claims that terrorist planned the attack beforehand are being brought into question.

The questions center around new evidence which appears to show that the Ambassador was in fact held captive and tortured by Libya militants prior to his death and then he was paraded on the streets after he was murdered.
    Read more…

The story is still unfolding as Obama has reportedly sent 2 warships to Libya vowing justice and marines are being deployed to embassies around the world which are on high alert.

The the US embassy in Cairo is currently being attacked after it was stormed by protestors earlier.

At the same time members of the Muslim Brotherhood, a Saudi Arabia funded Salafi Islamic Jihadist front that the US helped put into power by inciting the revolution in Egypt, through both official and official channels are calling for solidarity in joining on a million-man protest against the US on Friday.

The million-man march was called for in protests by the leaders of several Islamic Jihadist groups including Saudi Arabia’s Salafist Party and leaders with ties to Al Qaeda, including the brother of assassinated al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
    More Demonstrations Planned For ‘Friday of Anger’ in Cairo

Islamic forces have called for a million-man demonstration on Friday [September 14] in protest of a film that insults the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. A number of Coptic Egyptian immigrants in the United States took part in the production of the amateur Youtube video.

Muslim Brotherhood youths announced on their Facebook pages their solidarity with calls for the demonstration, saying they would participate in it despite a formal decision made by the party not to call for protests. Coptic priests nationwide rejected the offensive film, stressing that religious symbols are a red line.

[...]

The protest was attended by leaders of Islamic movements, most notably Mohammad al-Zawahiri, brother of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri; a number of sons of Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, the Emir of the Gamaa Islamiyya group; Sheikh Gamal Saber, coordinator of the Hazimoun movement and Sheikh Abu-Yahya al-Masri, spokesman for the Salafist “Voice of Wisdom Coalition,” which called for the protests.

Zawahiri said that the US government’s response — by issuing a statement through its embassy in Cairo condemning the producers of the video that insults the Prophet — was not enough. He added that the filmmakers should be arrested and brought to trial, like Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, who was falsely accused of slander and inciting violence.

Gamal Saber, coordinator of the Hazimoun movement and co-founder of the Egyptian Umma Party, said that there is ongoing coordination between Islamic and revolutionary forces to organize a million-man demonstration in the event of the film being aired in the United States. He said that the forces are demanding that US citizenship be revoked from the Coptic Egyptian immigrants involved in the production of the film and that they be prevented from entering Egypt.

[...]

They also called for the severing of all relations with the United States and withdrawing the Egyptian ambassador from Washington, since the United States has once more allowed pastor Terry Jones — who had previously burned the Koran three times — to insult the Prophet.

Ahmad Khalil, spokesman for the Salafist Nour Party, said that the party supports all escalatory measures against the offenders of the Prophet, adding that the party will stand in the face of anyone who tries to insult Islam anywhere in the world.

For their part, Muslim Brotherhood youths announced via official and unofficial websites their participation in the million-man demonstration. Ali Khafagy, secretary-general of the youth committee in the Freedom and Justice Party, an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, denied that the party made a formal decision to take part in the demonstration.

[...]

Thanks

How can that be? I was told those kind and wonderful Islamists were simply carrying him to get medical attention.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    The intended consequences from the "Left's Unholy Alliance with Islam".

Thanks

REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines
    Marine blogs say U.S. embassy did not authorize service members to carry ammo

BY: Adam Kredo
    September 13, 2012 1:20 pm

U.S. Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition, limiting their ability to respond to attacks like those this week on the U.S. consulate in Cairo.

Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson “did not permit U.S. Marine guards to carry live ammunition,” according to multiple reports on U.S. Marine Corps blogs spotted by Nightwatch. “She neutralized any U.S. military capability that was dedicated to preserve her life and protect the US Embassy.”

U.S. officials have yet to confirm or comment on the reports. Time magazine’s Battleland blog reported Thursday “Senior U.S. officials late Wednesday declined to discuss in detail the security at either Cairo or Benghazi, so answers may be slow in coming.”

If true, the reports indicate that Patterson shirked her obligation to protect U.S. interests, Nightwatch states.

“She did not defend U.S. sovereign territory and betrayed her oath of office,” the report states. “She neutered the Marines posted to defend the embassy, trusting the Egyptians over the Marines.”

While Marines are typically relied on to defend U.S. territory abroad, such as embassies, these reports indicate that the Obama administration was relying on Egypt’s new Muslim Brotherhood-backed government to ensure American security, a move observers are questioning as violence in Cairo continues to rage.

Marc Toner, the State Department’s deputy spokesperson, did not respond to a request for comment from the Free Beacon. White House National Security Council spokesperson Tommy Vietor also did not respond to a request for comment.

The U.S. ambassador to any nation ultimately decides whether Marines are authorized to carry ammunition, according to a GOP national security adviser knowledgeable about American embassy protocols.

“In the end, the ambassador of any country has the final call on what to do in a country,” the source said. “The buck stops with you. You make every decision.”

Security procedures are subjective and subject to change depending on locale, the source said.

Each ambassador, in consultation with their Regional Security Officer (RSO), sets the policy regarding the rules of engagement, according to the adviser. The RSO is responsible for coordinating all security measures and reports directly to the ambassador in any given nation.

“A decision or order to set rules of engagement that you can’t carry live ammunition and can’t engage violent crowds climbing over your walls and tearing down your flag stems from direct orders from the Chief of Mission and possibly whoever the Chief of Mission reports to,” the source explained.

Given that the siege of the Cairo embassy unfolded over many hours, the source wondered if new orders pertaining to the rules of engagement were ever issued.

Ambassador Anne Patterson was in D.C. during the attacks, according to reports.

“I cannot believe that over an eight hour period that nobody … in that chain of command did not ask those questions of their superiors,” the source said. “These protestors did not just appear and within 20 minutes climb the wall.”

The Free Beacon will continue to update this report as events warrant.
    This entry was posted in Middle East, National Security, Obama Administration and tagged Adam Kredo, Anne Patterson, Cairo, Egypt, Obama administration, U.S. Embassy in Cairo, U.S. Marines. Bookmark the permalink.

More http://freebeacon.com/reports-marine...ted-live-ammo/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Obama To Soldiers Overseas: No Voting For You!

Posted 09/07/2012 05:46 PM ET

Military: The administration thanks the troops for their service by failing to comply with a law requiring that it help soldiers deployed overseas cast ballots in their home states.

The administration has taken various states to court to block voter ID laws on the grounds it will disenfranchise voters. But it has no qualms about the disenfranchisement of military voters overseas through its failure to comply with and enforce the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act, passed by Congress in 2009 and signed into law by President Barack Obama.

The law acknowledges the difficulties caused by time and distance for deployed soldiers in exercising the right to vote they put their lives on the line to protect. One of the key provisions required each military branch to create an installation voting assistance office (IVAO) for every military base outside an immediate combat zone.

Last week, however, the Pentagon's inspector general reported that attempts to locate and contact IVAO offices at overseas military installations failed about half the time.

"Results were clear. Our attempts to contact IVAOs failed about 50% of the time," the inspector general reported. "We concluded the Services had not established all the IVAOs as intended by the MOVE Act because, among other issues, the funding was not available."

The estimated cost of establishing functioning IVAOs at all overseas military bases not in combat zones is estimated at between $15 million and $20 million a year. We wasted $530 million on Solyndra but can't afford a relative pittance to ensure our soldiers are not disenfranchised.

An administration that constantly talks about voter disenfranchisement appears unconcerned that a study by the nonpartisan Military Voters Protection Project found that in 2008 less than 20% of 2.5 million military voters successfully voted by absentee ballot. In 2010, that participation shrank to a scandalous 5%. We need to encourage military voting and make it easier.

Is there a method in the administration's madness, a reason it doesn't want to make it easier for soldiers to vote? It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that John McCain won 54% of the military vote in 2008 or that a May 2012 Gallup poll showed Mitt Romney pulling 58% to President Obama's paltry 34%

Read More:
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...g-problems.htm

Thanks

Here's how it should have happened:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Ruck For This Useful Post:

MagnetMan (September 18th, 2012)

Thread Information